WG? EVEN BLOODY ACTIONMAN GOT A SCORPION BRITISH LIGHT TANK !

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

malachi6 #21 Posted 15 July 2019 - 05:11 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 50920 battles

View Postbitslice, on 15 July 2019 - 03:20 PM, said:

It's reasonable to use authority to promote a viewpoint if everyone agrees to respect those authorities,

and certainly for QB he did take the time to support his point with comparison data.

Here we only have you deciding that none of those people are worth listening to...

That's not really an oxymoron, EA Games / Blizzard proved that while they might play their own game, they do not necessarily have the same agenda or expectations as the actual game buying public.

WG does do a lot of stupid things, either because they are in fact stupid, or game development by Russian biased committee is flawed and ostensibly produces stupid results for non Russian players.

I think we would all like to hear your reasoned defence of the new British Light Tank line.

I did not assert that they are not worth listening to.  I am asserting that a group of people can agree upon a thing and be wrong.

It's an oxymoron to call them stupid and use the word respect.  When one statement contradicts the other.

Calling people stupid when they have demonstrably created the game and its components is fallacious at best.

Offering the names of people that are authorities, while offering no evidence of your own, is an argument from authority.  So and so said, therefore, it must be true.  One fact does not prove the other.

I am not offering a defence of the British light tanks.  I am offering a refutation of the manner the complaint is offered in.  Any reasonable argument should be able to refrain from insult and argument from authority.  For example, I do not have to invoke Newton to discuss gravity.

Edited by malachi6, 15 July 2019 - 06:05 PM.

Slyspy #22 Posted 15 July 2019 - 05:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14697 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I used to have that action man tank. 

NUKLEAR_SLUG #23 Posted 15 July 2019 - 05:47 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33818 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Postmalachi6, on 15 July 2019 - 02:41 PM, said:

This is an oxymoron.

No, just the regular kind.

r00barb #24 Posted 15 July 2019 - 06:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27533 battles

View PostVonniVidiVici, on 15 July 2019 - 03:05 PM, said:

I'm wondering if this is a setup just so that WG can say they listen to the community when these things get their real stats.

A very clever chap said something similar on a thread about the premium tank from that line ...

View Postr00barb, on 20 June 2019 - 01:19 PM, said:

Got to hand it to WG's Marketing team, they're learning. Can't sell a strong premium tank without it being slammed by the players as a p2w wagon, WG money grubbers, etc. Can't sell a balanced premium tank because few people want to buy it because it's not OP.

WG get to a line that's eagerly awaited by many players so they release a hobbled version to super test, players turn their noses up at it, WG balances it "as a result of testing feedback" and suddenly players want it because it's been buffed, it's no worse than the other premium lights on its tier and it's for that new line after all.

:harp:

Solstad1069 #25 Posted 15 July 2019 - 06:14 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 44224 battles
You just have to love how Wg made the tier 8 british light premium tank much better than the tech tree version.
Clear and simple pay to win or grind to lose if you want.

spamhamstar #26 Posted 15 July 2019 - 06:15 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 64313 battles
  • [WIKD] WIKD

View Postmalachi6, on 15 July 2019 - 04:11 PM, said:

I did not assert that they are not worth listening to.  I am asserting that a group of people can agree upon a thing and be wrong.

It's an oxymoron to call them stupid and use the word respect.  When one statement contradicts the other.

Calling people stupid when they have demonstrably created the game and its components is fallacious at best.

Offering the names of people that are authorities, while offering no evidence of your own, is an argument from authority.  So and so said, therefore, it must be true.  One fact does not prove the other.

I am not offering a defence of the British light tanks.  I am offering a refutation of the manner the complaint is offered in.  Any reasonable argument should be able to refrain from insult and argument from authority.  For example, I do not have to invoke Newton to discuss gravity.

I'd better stop discussing supersymmetry until I can afford my own large hadron collider then.  To say that you shouldn't base your argument upon the work of others is pure lunacy. 

As Newton himself said, "If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants".

r00barb #27 Posted 15 July 2019 - 06:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27533 battles

View PostSolstad1069, on 15 July 2019 - 05:14 PM, said:

You just have to love how Wg made the tier 8 british light premium tank much better than the tech tree version.

Because the regular tanks will be buffed to a similar standard for the second common test "in line with player feedback".

Bordhaw #28 Posted 15 July 2019 - 06:28 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14824 battles

View PostMetalMicky, on 15 July 2019 - 01:24 PM, said:

I'm amazed yet NOT surprised as to the stupidity of the WG development team when it comes to promotion or development of new ideas for WOT. 

PLEASE WG, take a look and a long hard listen to YOUR promoters of WOT on YOUTUBE, with regards to the British Light Tanks.

The Mighty Jingles.( Mingles with Jingles episode 293)

Claus Kellerman.(Russian Bias)

Circonflexes.( What are you doing a wargaming-Live review of British light tanks)

DezGamez.( Is this some 200IQ op strategy, wot manticore review)

QuickyBaby.(British Lights are USELESS in World of Tanks!)

These are but a few WELL KNOWN AND RESPECTED WOT players and promoters.

THEY CANT BE ALL WRONG.

GET IT SORTED !!!!!!!

Respect to ALL PLAYERS. 

The British light tanks are balanced and not OP.

Tramp_In_Armour #29 Posted 15 July 2019 - 06:42 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8399 battles

View PostSlyspy, on 15 July 2019 - 05:12 PM, said:

I did too. It was awesome. :)

Having watched the videos and seen the stats however, this new line looks trash. I'm a big fan of Brit tanks, and I've liked most of them (But not Black Prince :facepalm:). I was looking forward to starting this new line, and I wouldn't have minded if they were merely ordinary. But they look awful and, in their current state, have all the makings of a painful grind with no reward. Reasonable camo, lacklustre view range and the lowest DPM of their tiers, and lowest max damage. Low ammo loadout, slow reload, not enough alpha to compensate. I'd hate to be caught up in the front line in one of these, and the front is where they're meant to be. They'll be eaten alive by other lights, not to mention the wheelies. I'd rather jump back into my Black Prince. No, without improvements, this is one line that won't pique my interest. And I say that with a heavy heart.

Balc0ra #30 Posted 15 July 2019 - 08:36 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72088 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postbitslice, on 15 July 2019 - 03:06 PM, said:

But then nearly everything on the British tech tree is junk or a Tog meme.

Some of then? Sure. But nearly everything? Far from it. There are some outdated guns on that tree like the Black Prince. But most of them are still popular.... for a reason.

View PostBordhaw, on 15 July 2019 - 06:28 PM, said:

The British light tanks are balanced and not OP.

If they were broken, everyone complains. If they are underwhelming, everyone complains. If they are "meh" they still don't have a role. Everyone complains. It's that with every line. Tho in this case... their reasons for balancing some aspects don't even make sense vs anything.

Edited by Balc0ra, 15 July 2019 - 08:37 PM.

MetalMicky #31 Posted 16 July 2019 - 09:51 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24845 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

FV1066 SENLAC Premium, There you go players............... This could be the RUSSIAN REFUND, for the British Light Tank line we've been looking for!

BUY A FKN PREMIUM TANK, Better than all the newly added LTs, and only for ££££$$$$.But Buyers Beware!!!!!!!, It's got a 3 man crew which means you cant boost up your crew from the Mediocre LT tank, lol.   

08:56 Added after 4 minutes

View PostSlyspy, on 15 July 2019 - 05:12 PM, said:

I had the scout car as well, (Spoilt Brat) Yet WG didn't see the advertising when looking for a made-up LT tank or WV for their game ???? 

BlackBloodBandit #32 Posted 16 July 2019 - 12:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6117 battles

View PostMetalMicky, on 15 July 2019 - 02:24 PM, said:

I'm amazed yet NOT surprised as to the stupidity of the WG development team when it comes to promotion or development of new ideas for WOT. 

PLEASE WG, take a look and a long hard listen to YOUR promoters of WOT on YOUTUBE, with regards to the British Light Tanks.

Circonflexes.( What are you doing a wargaming-Live review of British light tanks)

THEY CANT BE ALL WRONG.

GET IT SORTED !!!!!!!

Respect to ALL PLAYERS. 

nice joke. they are no "promoters". they are Community Contributors. they give something to the community, not to Wargaming.

Fizzymagic #33 Posted 16 July 2019 - 12:25 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 47766 battles
  • [JIMMY] JIMMY

View PostSlyspy, on 15 July 2019 - 04:12 PM, said:

Same. I was so small when i had it i could ride it down a hill

NUKLEAR_SLUG #34 Posted 16 July 2019 - 03:09 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33818 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostBlackBloodBandit, on 16 July 2019 - 12:13 PM, said:

nice joke. they are no "promoters". they are Community Contributors. they give something to the community, not to Wargaming.

Not quite, they give WG audience exposure which is free promotion. WG in return give them freebies and advance access to new content for their own channels promotion so it's a mutually beneficial arrangement.

Balc0ra #35 Posted 16 July 2019 - 03:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72088 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Saw this on reddit today and actually laughed.

Spoiler

pecopad #36 Posted 16 July 2019 - 03:51 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28887 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

View PostKartoshkaya, on 15 July 2019 - 03:57 PM, said:

Except Messi and Ronaldo are great players. British tanks ? Hmmmmm....

Well Centurian was probably the best and most successful Medium tank on the cold war, and the Chieftain the best heavy tank ever made, Conqueror was also a very good tank.

Alvis scout tanks and British scout tanks were always among the best.

British also won the Northern Africa war, remember... they kicked Rommel's out of Africa and the brand new super tanks like the panthers...

malachi6 #37 Posted 16 July 2019 - 04:33 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 50920 battles

View Postspamhamstar, on 15 July 2019 - 06:15 PM, said:

I'd better stop discussing supersymmetry until I can afford my own large hadron collider then.  To say that you shouldn't base your argument upon the work of others is pure lunacy. 

As Newton himself said, "If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants".

Supersymmetry exists despite the LHC, gravity exists despite Newton.  You can use either as evidence for their arguments.  You cannot, however, say,  LHC = Supersymmetry.  That is an argument from authority and a post hoc fallacy. Evidence is used to support an argument. For example, evidence for Supersymmetry is supported by experiments at the LHC. Given I an not a particle or quantum physicist, I cannot discuss with any authority in the first place.  I had to look up the term supersymmetry to form my point.

You could argue with regard to gravity and your point, I am arguing semantics and we can discuss that.  However, it does not alter the fallacies the OP used to attempt to make what should be a valid point.  

Tramp_In_Armour #38 Posted 16 July 2019 - 04:56 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8399 battles

View Postpecopad, on 16 July 2019 - 03:51 PM, said:

Well Centurian was probably the best and most successful Medium tank on the cold war, and the Chieftain the best heavy tank ever made, Conqueror was also a very good tank.

Alvis scout tanks and British scout tanks were always among the best.

British also won the Northern Africa war, remember... they kicked Rommel's out of Africa and the brand new super tanks like the panthers...

Lovely sentiment, old chap, and I'd like to agree with you, but *cough*, we won in North Africa with help of US-designed Grants and Shermans, not to mention the Stuart 'Honeys' which turned out to be more useful in Operation Crusader than the Crusaders. And the Germans didn't have the Panther there, though they did employ a few Tiger 1s. But the US also aided us by invading Tunisia and joining up.

But the Churchills performed splendidly, as did the Matilda before. Shame about the Churchill in WOT. 

pecopad #39 Posted 16 July 2019 - 05:46 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28887 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

View PostTramp_In_Armour, on 16 July 2019 - 04:56 PM, said:

Lovely sentiment, old chap, and I'd like to agree with you, but *cough*, we won in North Africa with help of US-designed Grants and Shermans, not to mention the Stuart 'Honeys' which turned out to be more useful in Operation Crusader than the Crusaders. And the Germans didn't have the Panther there, though they did employ a few Tiger 1s. But the US also aided us by invading Tunisia and joining up.

But the Churchills performed splendidly, as did the Matilda before. Shame about the Churchill in WOT. 

Well, off course I was wrong mentioning the panthers

IMHO  Northern Africa front had little impact from the US,specially in El Alamein battle.

eekeeboo #40 Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:05 PM

EU Video Content Manager

• WG Staff
  • 46919 battles

View PostMetalMicky, on 15 July 2019 - 01:24 PM, said:

THEY CANT BE ALL WRONG.

GET IT SORTED !!!!!!!

Respect to ALL PLAYERS. 

I would like to remind you to respect and follow the forum rules. 

That being said, I would also like to remind you that the first experience you have with these British light tanks is on the very first iteration of the test server. Depending on the test results they can very well be changed in further testing. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users