Jump to content


WG? EVEN BLOODY ACTIONMAN GOT A SCORPION BRITISH LIGHT TANK !


  • Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Paul_Kouadio #41 Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:08 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 5645 battles
  • 165
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-03-2017
I'm taking eekeeboo's comment as a little hint that changes are 99.9% likely going to be made to these tanks. I guess we'll know on Thursday.

eekeeboo #42 Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:12 PM

    EU Video Content Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 46919 battles
  • 2,439
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010

View PostPaul_Kouadio, on 16 July 2019 - 05:08 PM, said:

I'm taking eekeeboo's comment as a little hint that changes are 99.9% likely going to be made to these tanks. I guess we'll know on Thursday.

 

I honestly don't know as of yet, I just wanted to highlight the realistic position that very few tanks introduced in test 1, stay the exact same to test 3, let alone release if they're received this badly. But that is not to say the tanks may perform how the developers would like them to and that the data shows they're where they need to be (for honest and realistic expectation). 

FluffyRedFox #43 Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:39 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 25286 battles
  • 9,136
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF
  • Member since:
    12-05-2012

View Posteekeeboo, on 16 July 2019 - 05:05 PM, said:

That being said, I would also like to remind you that the first experience you have with these British light tanks is on the very first iteration of the test server. Depending on the test results they can very well be changed in further testing. 

Yea changed like how bobject was always too good, and then they buffed it.

Or how 430U was always too good, and they did nothing.

Or how Panzerwagon was always terrible, then they nerfed it (and then they later went on to nerf it again haHAA)

I would love to be proven here but given WGs track record with the test server, Brit lights are going to continue being a s***show.

 



eekeeboo #44 Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:42 PM

    EU Video Content Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 46919 battles
  • 2,439
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010

View PostFluffyRedFox, on 16 July 2019 - 05:39 PM, said:

Yea changed like how bobject was always too good, and then they buffed it.

Or how 430U was always too good, and they did nothing.

Or how Panzerwagon was always terrible, then they nerfed it (and then they later went on to nerf it again haHAA)

I would love to be proven here but given WGs track record with the test server, Brit lights are going to continue being a s***show.

 

 

Or how the Badger was game ending OP and turned out OK? 

 

There are more tanks that came out just fine than came out OP. 



XxKuzkina_MatxX #45 Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:50 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 4,894
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View Posteekeeboo, on 16 July 2019 - 09:12 PM, said:

I honestly don't know as of yet, I just wanted to highlight the realistic position that very few tanks introduced in test 1, stay the exact same to test 3, let alone release if they're received this badly. But that is not to say the tanks may perform how the developers would like them to and that the data shows they're where they need to be (for honest and realistic expectation). 

 

Fantastic timing Mr.eek! :)

 

2nd ST iteration (tier 10 Manticore):

 

  • Shell count: 16 to 20
  • Aim time: 2.3s to 1.9s
  • Dispersion on the move: 0.18 to 0.16
  • Dispersion on traverse: 0.18 to 0.16

 



eekeeboo #46 Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:53 PM

    EU Video Content Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 46919 battles
  • 2,439
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 16 July 2019 - 05:50 PM, said:

 

Fantastic timing Mr.eek! :)

 

2nd ST iteration (tier 10 Manticore):

 

  • Shell count: 16 to 20
  • Aim time: 2.3s to 1.9s
  • Dispersion on the move: 0.18 to 0.16
  • Dispersion on traverse: 0.18 to 0.16

 

 

The key is to pray to RNG and hope for the best! 

 

Hopefully these changes help, but still, better to test and pull all the data than say "job done" and move on :) 


Edited by eekeeboo, 16 July 2019 - 06:53 PM.


FluffyRedFox #47 Posted 16 July 2019 - 07:08 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 25286 battles
  • 9,136
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF
  • Member since:
    12-05-2012

View Posteekeeboo, on 16 July 2019 - 05:42 PM, said:

 

Or how the Badger was game ending OP and turned out OK? 

 

There are more tanks that came out just fine than came out OP. 

Well congrats to the balancing team for getting a vehicle right 2 years ago, still doesn't excuse the current balance mess, nor its continued negligence.

 

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 16 July 2019 - 05:50 PM, said:

  • Shell count: 16 to 20
  • Aim time: 2.3s to 1.9s
  • Dispersion on the move: 0.18 to 0.16
  • Dispersion on traverse: 0.18 to 0.16

 

Is that it? Anything for the other vehicles yet? 

 

 


XxKuzkina_MatxX #48 Posted 16 July 2019 - 07:20 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 4,894
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostFluffyRedFox, on 16 July 2019 - 10:08 PM, said:

Is that it? Anything for the other vehicles yet?

 

That's is it for now. Nothing about the other vehicles yet.

 

Smol tonks bonus

 



baratoz1701 #49 Posted 16 July 2019 - 07:22 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 25075 battles
  • 214
  • [FA1LZ] FA1LZ
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012
Still pointless

FluffyRedFox #50 Posted 16 July 2019 - 07:25 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 25286 battles
  • 9,136
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF
  • Member since:
    12-05-2012

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 16 July 2019 - 06:20 PM, said:

 

That's is it for now. Nothing about the other vehicles yet.

 

Smol tonks bonus

 

Welp we might get a somewhat playable tank by iteration 4 at this rate :D

I understand that they want to do babysteps to not overtune it but the manticore sets the bar so low that to make it too good would need one hell of a gigabuff, so to have the changes limited to just that for the moment is a bit pathetic.



eekeeboo #51 Posted 16 July 2019 - 07:28 PM

    EU Video Content Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 46919 battles
  • 2,439
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010

View PostFluffyRedFox, on 16 July 2019 - 06:08 PM, said:

Well congrats to the balancing team for getting a vehicle right 2 years ago, still doesn't excuse the current balance mess, nor its continued negligence.

 

Is that it? Anything for the other vehicles yet? 

 

 

As mentioned, when you consider the number of vehicles released, you are able to select only a small portion of those to be on your list. While you continue to only see what you're looking for, you will miss the rest of what's going on :honoring:

 

 



arthurwellsley #52 Posted 16 July 2019 - 08:28 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 54060 battles
  • 4,018
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

 

http://forum.worldof...ks-suggestions/

 

Even better candidates = http://forum.worldof...ank-candidates/

 

or

http://forum.worldof...ght-tanks-line/

 

Given the pointers given in those forum threads, why have WG come up with what they are testing?

Why have WG willfully ignored UK light tanks that were manufactured?



eekeeboo #53 Posted 16 July 2019 - 08:34 PM

    EU Video Content Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 46919 battles
  • 2,439
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010

View Postarthurwellsley, on 16 July 2019 - 07:28 PM, said:

 

http://forum.worldof...ks-suggestions/

 

Even better candidates = http://forum.worldof...ank-candidates/

 

or

http://forum.worldof...ght-tanks-line/

 

Given the pointers given in those forum threads, why have WG come up with what they are testing?

Why have WG willfully ignored UK light tanks that were manufactured?

 

I am not entirely sure for the light tanks that were chosen but I can make sure the question gets passed back to the developers (which I cannot promise will answer, but I can try to find out!)

Tramp_In_Armour #54 Posted 16 July 2019 - 08:48 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 8399 battles
  • 291
  • Member since:
    05-25-2017

If they introduced a FV101 Scorpion as a premium, I'd snap it up. Take my money, WG!

 

The current things on offer don't really look properly British, except maybe the hull of one of them. They look more like French lights. The US get the Bulldog and the Sheridan. Why do we get weird blueprint tanks that were probably rejected before teatime and look nothing like what we did have?



FluffyRedFox #55 Posted 16 July 2019 - 08:57 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 25286 battles
  • 9,136
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF
  • Member since:
    12-05-2012

View Postarthurwellsley, on 16 July 2019 - 07:28 PM, said:

 

http://forum.worldof...ks-suggestions/

 

Even better candidates = http://forum.worldof...ank-candidates/

 

or

http://forum.worldof...ght-tanks-line/

 

Given the pointers given in those forum threads, why have WG come up with what they are testing?

Why have WG willfully ignored UK light tanks that were manufactured?

y'know i can understand the exclusion of the scorpion/scimitar as they don't really fit at t7+, but the t9 tank they've chosen has its top gun being the cockerill 90, the same gun as on the scorpion 90 on a platform the same size :amazed:



Balc0ra #56 Posted 16 July 2019 - 09:15 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 72035 battles
  • 20,284
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 16 July 2019 - 06:50 PM, said:

 

Fantastic timing Mr.eek! :)

 

2nd ST iteration (tier 10 Manticore):

 

  • Shell count: 16 to 20
  • Aim time: 2.3s to 1.9s
  • Dispersion on the move: 0.18 to 0.16
  • Dispersion on traverse: 0.18 to 0.16

 

 

Yeah, that's better. But 20 rounds with RNG still won't make it a good carry tank late game.  30 would make it more reliable so you can at least dare to waste shells keeping stuff tracked too.

 

It's the tier 7 that's def the worst tier for tier atm. So I hope they to something to him too later in terms of DPM and ammo load. 900 stock DPM is a waste of time to name one. And I hope they do buff the view range on some of them. As the tier 7 still have the worst view range out of any of the tier 7 LT's for that to work as-is.

 

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 16 July 2019 - 07:20 PM, said:

 

That's is it for now. Nothing about the other vehicles yet.

 

Smol tonks bonus

 

 

Tbh it should have insane camo value when even firing with that size. But compared to the other tier X's. It's not a massive leap to make the dpm etc worth it over say... the 3K dpm T49. 

eekeeboo #57 Posted 16 July 2019 - 09:24 PM

    EU Video Content Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 46919 battles
  • 2,439
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010

View PostTramp_In_Armour, on 16 July 2019 - 07:48 PM, said:

If they introduced a FV101 Scorpion as a premium, I'd snap it up. Take my money, WG!

 

The current things on offer don't really look properly British, except maybe the hull of one of them. They look more like French lights. The US get the Bulldog and the Sheridan. Why do we get weird blueprint tanks that were probably rejected before teatime and look nothing like what we did have?

 

Never say never! 

 

 



XxKuzkina_MatxX #58 Posted 16 July 2019 - 09:48 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 4,894
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostBalc0ra, on 17 July 2019 - 12:15 AM, said:

Yeah, that's better. But 20 rounds with RNG still won't make it a good carry tank late game.  30 would make it more reliable so you can at least dare to waste shells keeping stuff tracked too.

 

It's the tier 7 that's def the worst tier for tier atm. So I hope they to something to him too later in terms of DPM and ammo load. 900 stock DPM is a waste of time to name one. And I hope they do buff the view range on some of them. As the tier 7 still have the worst view range out of any of the tier 7 LT's for that to work as-is.

 

Tbh it should have insane camo value when even firing with that size. But compared to the other tier X's. It's not a massive leap to make the dpm etc worth it over say... the 3K dpm T49. 

 

The Setter's view range is not the worst out of tier 7 lights. The AMX 13 75 shares the same view range (370m) along with the WZ-131. The Hotchkiss and the LTG have lower view ranges at 310m and 360m respectively. There is a comparison with other tier 7 lights here.

 

You keep saying the 3k DPM T49 but that's using the 90mm with vents, food and BIA. Not sure if that's a fair comparison!

 

The developers probably went with the idea of a 'British ELC EVEN'. That weighed down on DPM and ammo capacity but the camo is not that far off (19.49% for the LHMTV vs. 22.12% for the EVEN). The penetration and gun handling is way better.



Paul_Kouadio #59 Posted 16 July 2019 - 10:23 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 5645 battles
  • 165
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-03-2017

Well, in the Q&A the devs mentioned that WG has/had no plans to introduce autocannons in the game, which rules out the Scimitar (and the Sagitar as well). But there were other 90mm and 105mm tank projects (based on the Stormer chassis and others derived from the Warrior) that actually went through development.

I feel like WG made this line more divisive than it could have been.

 

I was really hoping for novelty in the British LT line; right now they're worse than their competition and they're generic to boot. If WG wants light tanks to be effective scouts, they need to revise the maps (many of which have a significant area used up by unpassable terrain/buildings, which reduces effective battlefield area). Equally, I believe they need to take their time with new lines and introduce more novelty and diversity into the game (the Italian autoreloaders were well-received, and the Swede tanks are generally different in a good way). Besides, the more lines they add, the more variables they need to juggle when aiming for balanced gameplay.


Edited by Paul_Kouadio, 16 July 2019 - 10:24 PM.


Bulldog_Drummond #60 Posted 16 July 2019 - 11:09 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 32824 battles
  • 10,201
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostRamRaid90, on 15 July 2019 - 02:52 PM, said:

 

Can't take anyone seriously who thinks this is true.

 

Tortoise: arguably one of the best tier IXs.

 

Badger: Solid TD and one of the best constant damage dealers.

 

Caernarvon, Conq, Super Conq : Amongst the best tanks in their tier.

 

Cromwell: One of the greatest ever tanks in its tier, still one of the most popular.

 

Cent 7/1 and Cent AX: Not great, but certainly not bad tanks. Useable.

 

FV4005: One of the most feared tanks in the game.

 

 

This is not to say the lights are anything good, they're trash, but claims that british vehicles are bad in general are complete nonsense.

 

The British line up to and including Tier 6 also has no shortage of remarkably effective tanks in it.

 

I never understood that "British tanks are rubbish" line either.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users