• 22393 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
Replay says it all.
http://wotreplays.eu...u-hotchkiss_ebr

4nt #2 Posted 15 July 2019 - 07:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28153 battles
Can you please open it up a little to us who cannot Look at replays atm?

TheDrownedApe #3 Posted 15 July 2019 - 07:43 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48655 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View Post4nt, on 15 July 2019 - 06:32 PM, said:

replay title says to read chat,  looking at the results screens doesn't show anything worthwhile, average T8 game for the OP in his hotchkiss ebr, with less than 1k assist.

I can guess his team wanted him to spot more, but then I could be wrong 

Shacou #4 Posted 15 July 2019 - 07:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22393 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

View Post4nt, on 15 July 2019 - 08:32 PM, said:

We lost one flank, i decided to go back and play defensivelly. Teammates elaborated that nobody is on that flank, i told to play defensive since i'm not going to yolo against 3 tanks alone. They said they will report me, shortly after i got pushed off cliff by friendly Su-100m. Thankfully everything ended well. I'm experiencing this every 4-5 battles. Sure, i could've played better, but i got distracted.

@TheDrownedApe you are right.

Edited by Shacou, 15 July 2019 - 07:46 PM.

4nt #5 Posted 15 July 2019 - 08:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28153 battles

View PostShacou, on 15 July 2019 - 07:44 PM, said:

We lost one flank, i decided to go back and play defensivelly. Teammates elaborated that nobody is on that flank, i told to play defensive since i'm not going to yolo against 3 tanks alone. They said they will report me, shortly after i got pushed off cliff by friendly Su-100m. Thankfully everything ended well. I'm experiencing this every 4-5 battles. Sure, i could've played better, but i got distracted.

Ah, okay. Usual "I pressed 'M' once in first game, what do you mean there should be something in the right corner?". Don't bother with that crap. I made 5,3k spotting with 430 and yet steves of the team went 'reporting meds'. Including IS-6 nicely perched on standard TD ledge.

Cobra6 #6 Posted 16 July 2019 - 08:08 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16505 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostShacou, on 15 July 2019 - 06:44 PM, said:

I really always wonder how people manage this as I pretty much never experience it when playing. It would seem you are doing *something* wrong somewhere if you experience abusive behavior so often.

Now, I don't excuse this behavior but it would be good to start searching for the true cause and not the fake one that "some players are just @sshats" as that is not the cause. The cause lies in the players behavior tilting others.

Cobra 6

Shacou #7 Posted 16 July 2019 - 09:06 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22393 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

View PostCobra6, on 16 July 2019 - 09:08 AM, said:

I really always wonder how people manage this as I pretty much never experience it when playing. It would seem you are doing *something* wrong somewhere if you experience abusive behavior so often.

Now, I don't excuse this behavior but it would be good to start searching for the true cause and not the fake one that "some players are just @sshats" as that is not the cause. The cause lies in the players behavior tilting others.

Cobra 6

Im not bragging. But i have most games in Lights than any other class. I consider myself above average Lt player. I couldve played better as i mentioned in OP, but got distracted and triggered by trashtalkers, i admit that i should've moved out earlier.

OneSock #8 Posted 16 July 2019 - 09:22 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39475 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

There a lot of players who do not know quite how crab the EBR Hotch is. It has terrible view range, and while it is fast it is also huge, easy to hit and doesn't have the magic wheels that the other EBRs have. So yes, it is not a "scout" and sometimes you have to sit back and snipe until late game. Not many understand this.

That said, I saw two errors. 

1. You could shoot HE at the T54ltw. HE pen is good so you would have damaged him.

2. You could have shot/possible penned the TigerP. I would have taken those shots.

Randomar #9 Posted 16 July 2019 - 01:05 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26872 battles
Etching chat
The mood in the chat was poisoned from the beginning by players with mods that rate colors.
Tomatoes and carrots (Red and orange players) were shamed.

rigged game?
At this early state, not a single enemy have been spotted.
But many players already feel at the beginning that some of the matches is rigged and have no chance to win.

pushing without punishment
You have been pushed out of your concealment by a friendly tank destroyer.
That bush was far behind your base and you was in a wheeled vehicle.

role of light vehicles
Therefore, some players in the chat was bullying the player of that light vehicle (Wheeled vehicle). The team was waiting for a style of play that was not delivered by one of the player.
In such situations, it even comes to friendly fire or team kill.

team damage in World of Tanks v. 1.6
The list above is more or less the typical random gameplay of World of tanks.
Instead of fixing the reasons for team damage, the developers legalize big parts of it in the future.

> I am glad that team damage is getting removed
> (Shacou's chat in the replay)

That made me chuckle a bit.
Prepare for disappointment in the future.
Wargaming has decided not to treat the pushing as team damage.

Shacou #10 Posted 16 July 2019 - 01:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22393 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

View PostRandomar, on 16 July 2019 - 02:05 PM, said:

Etching chat
The mood in the chat was poisoned from the beginning by players with mods that rate colors.
Tomatoes and carrots (Red and orange players) were shamed.

rigged game?
At this early state, not a single enemy have been spotted.
But many players already feel at the beginning that some of the matches is rigged and have no chance to win.

pushing without punishment
You have been pushed out of your concealment by a friendly tank destroyer.
That bush was far behind your base and you was in a wheeled vehicle.

role of light vehicles
Therefore, some players in the chat was bullying the player of that light vehicle (Wheeled vehicle). The team was waiting for a style of play that was not delivered by one of the player.
In such situations, it even comes to friendly fire or team kill.

team damage in World of Tanks v. 1.6
The list above is more or less the typical random gameplay of World of tanks.
Instead of fixing the reasons for team damage, the developers legalize big parts of it in the future.

> I am glad that team damage is getting removed
> (Shacou's chat in the replay)

That made me chuckle a bit.
Prepare for disappointment in the future.
Wargaming has decided not to treat the pushing as team damage.

I can live with pushing, but its annoying when someone loads HE with 750 alpha gun solely to teamkill you. (Not in the shown replay obviously)
By the way, i understand what you mean by not delivering the play of wheeled role, but i think that it wouldnt have been productive. Only artilery units would be able to support me behind those hills.
Also, I think i could play better and preserve my HP, but when games come to camping stalemates (when both teams camp hardcore at malinovka or phrokorovka for example) HD bushes give insane cammo. And if you decide to push you will get outspotted 100%, but even when taking HD spotting mechanics into consideration, i get psychically pressured to risk my life and scout, which ends up with the result of me being dead and nobody spotted. Otherwise if i remain to stay put, red shoelickers get impatient and decide to teamkill their scout. In one game i was outscouting enemy bc 12t in my bc 25 ap just because i managed to get to a position faster, enemy bc12t fell back. 1min later he was teamkilled.

Edited by Shacou, 16 July 2019 - 02:03 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #11 Posted 16 July 2019 - 02:17 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33517 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostShacou, on 15 July 2019 - 07:44 PM, said:

I'm experiencing this every 4-5 battles.

That's either a gross exaggeration or the problem is you. I'll let you decide which.

Shacou #12 Posted 16 July 2019 - 02:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22393 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
Obviously me. I'm selfish player, otherwise i wouldnt get 3 marks on wz-132 or 131.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #13 Posted 16 July 2019 - 02:23 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33517 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostShacou, on 16 July 2019 - 02:19 PM, said:

Obviously me. I'm selfish player, otherwise i wouldnt get 3 marks on wz-132 or 131.

Well if we're to take from that the 'I get TK'd in 25% of my battles' claim was an honest figure then yes, it must be you. Whatever it is you're doing that is annoying your team, you should probably stop doing it then.

Shacou #14 Posted 16 July 2019 - 02:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22393 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
I didin't get Tked ( i get Tked but rarely, explained in the post above yours.), but i got trashtalked and griefed. Anyway, why should i change my gameplay to become accustomed to [edited]? Why are they higher than me?

Edited by Shacou, 16 July 2019 - 02:29 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #15 Posted 16 July 2019 - 02:49 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33517 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

Because it isn't happening on a regular basis to everyone else, I can't even remember the last time.

So if it is happening that often to you then it's because of whatever you're doing. Your options then are either stop doing it or continue, but if you choose to continue doing it then save yourself the effort of coming and complaining about it to us because you're not going to get much sympathy.

Shacou #16 Posted 16 July 2019 - 03:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22393 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
I'm not griefing my team or trolling, i merely expending my survival so i could influence the battle in the end? I'm sure players wouldnt complain if i was dead.

Spurtung #17 Posted 16 July 2019 - 05:31 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 72589 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostShacou, on 16 July 2019 - 02:53 PM, said:

I'm not griefing my team or trolling, i merely expending my survival so i could influence the battle in the end?

Everyone can do that, even a Maus camping behind arties.

What you say is tactically correct, but if that means you use your team as cannon fodder the whole game so that you get to farm a little more once the battle's lost, perhaps you could adjust that?

Leepants #18 Posted 16 July 2019 - 05:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19791 battles
  • [ZIIP] ZIIP

View PostShacou, on 16 July 2019 - 02:53 PM, said:

I'm not griefing my team or trolling, i merely expending my survival so i could influence the battle in the end? I'm sure players wouldnt complain if i was dead.

Agree. But as Spurtung said, you need to bring effect for the entire battle. Can't see it, can't shoot it. And there are normally a fair few spots to poke and retreat often to keep stuff lit. And if you had 3 arties that could hit stuff - then they will. Talk to them, clikc the map so that they can pre aim etc. 

VERY little winds me up more in a game when one person doesn't carry their weight and depending on EVERYONE else to thin the enemy to preserve their own WN8. DEFO can effect all game, dude, no need to sit behind arty, just somewhere safe but where you can poke quickly to light folk up. If you light no-one then the rest of the team knows to look elsewhere, so it also helps highlight where there may be danger cos it highlights where there isn't any.

Hell, a WV is quick and manoeuvrable enough to run away - this can also assist in bringing pursuing enemies into your friendly guns. At absolute worst you're a distraction so enemy guns won't be pointed at the more effective HP taking t0nkz. 

Also, can't influence battle at the end if your team are 5 down as they've all been spotted and can't see who is shooting at them.

Sorry if some of that seems a little obvious - just trying to help.

Gruff_ #19 Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19986 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I watched until you just after you got pushed off the cliff.

I observed bad to average players doing the same thing bad and average players do each game with tunnel vision and miscommunication.

Chat started with xvm toxicity, you laughed it off with banter and others joined in, all cool.  But then you later insult someone else calling them a tomato, here the banter failed so probably best not to also join in with name calling noob etc as it tends to escalate. 

The east flank/ scout was very slow to start.  Having now won in city the heavy Tiger that talks probably thinks you have been sat back on the balcony at base all game so starts calling you out.  This encourages others to act silly, the original xvm td shamer at the start then feels more empowered to display his asshattery by pushing you off the cliff.

All in all its just another typical game lacking team work on a boring map with "random people", some of who act silly, the other team are likely to have had some too.

Another observation is that you should zoom in less when taking shots x25 isnt so good on moving targets.

Edited by Gruff_, 16 July 2019 - 06:22 PM.

Bordhaw #20 Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:47 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14476 battles

View PostShacou, on 15 July 2019 - 06:26 PM, said:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users