• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

StinkyStonky #1 Posted 16 July 2019 - 11:38 AM

Major

• Player
  • 33375 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

Looking at the Leaderboard https://eu.wargaming.net/globalmap/#leaderboards

I can see numerous clans (including high placed clans) that appear not to have invested ANY fame points (look at places 61, 63, 65, 67, etc.)

Have these clans just missed a trick, or is there a method in their apparent madness.

I don't remember the exact numbers but from memory, investing 600, got an extra 10% and 100 got another 105 Fame points.

So, 1500 invested would have earned the clans in the 60s an extra 25-30k Fame points and pushed each of them up 3-4 places, earning them an extra ... nothing.  Is that the reason ?

The clan in 76th would have earned an extra 10k gold.

king_marnik #2 Posted 16 July 2019 - 11:58 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12837 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-
Clan of pos 76 here, didnt invest since at the time we had 9 provinces so would be easier able to get tanks for everyone instead of getting a slightly higher clan rank. In the end we easily got 10-15 tanks more by not investing. Since most of us have both meta tanks now we are able to invest next time as we wont need to get as many people in tank range and it will be easier to achieve this. In the end noone cares about the gold as long as you get a tank. 

____Green____ #3 Posted 16 July 2019 - 12:07 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22873 battles
  • [B4LV] B4LV

a) cc dont understand any of supported languages

b) regulations and rules is too difficult for ordinary ppl

c) a+b

StinkyStonky #4 Posted 16 July 2019 - 12:49 PM

Major

• Player
  • 33375 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

View Postking_marnik, on 16 July 2019 - 10:58 AM, said:

In the end we easily got 10-15 tanks more by not investing.  

Could you explain this, because I don't think it's true.  How does NOT investing, get you more tanks ?  Ah, is it because investing forces you to leave the map ... and as you said, "at the time we had 9 provinces" ?  That would make sense.

Congrats on your campaign BTW.

AtomowyGrzyb #5 Posted 16 July 2019 - 01:04 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23155 battles
  • [TDSTS] TDSTS

View PostStinkyStonky, on 16 July 2019 - 11:49 AM, said:

Could you explain this, because I don't think it's true.  How does NOT investing, get you more tanks ?  Ah, is it because investing forces you to leave the map ... and as you said, "at the time we had 9 provinces" ?  That would make sense.

I can give you an example. Last campaign we had a very good start so we invested (after 4 or 5 days with the 50% bonus) but then we couldn't get back on the map for a couple of days due to potato players/FCs and we were neck deep in crapafter that, barely managed to get 30 tanks literally the last day.

This campaign we were staying on the map and using the points for advanced front bids as the decision was we need tanks first and foremost. Should we achieve higher WR by not having so many potato players, we could do both: invest (to have more points as a clan and have more presence on advanced front therefore giving players more points) and not get in trouble like last campaign.But things being as they are, it was too risky.

The outcome is OK for us, basically everyone who actively participated in the campaign got the tank and the clan ranking place was a secondary concern at best.

Naive #6 Posted 16 July 2019 - 01:41 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1269 battles

View PostStinkyStonky, on 16 July 2019 - 11:49 AM, said:

Basically you had different motives for playing the campaign. The top clans go for top places and they need to leave the map to invest the points, meaning you lose your lands in the process (the ones that allow you to attack other provinces and the advanced front) so you need to get land back. For top clans this is easy, since they win most of their battles and getting land back is a piece of cake (things get more serious on the advance/elite front).

For clans focused on getting the tank for as much people as possible and not elite level, they focus as much as they can on provinces and use them for attacks on other provinces/defenses and attacks on the advanced front. Doing this well can net you a ton of points in a single day (if all goes well). I made about 24k points in two days, then we started rotating people in to get safe as well (we were playing with two teams, but had 40ish players wanting the tank).
The clan position at the end was really bad, but we focused so much on tanks that's how it is.

Also tagged with Fire Trail, Investing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users