Amx30 proto

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

allthegoodnamesaretaken2 #1 Posted 16 July 2019 - 01:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7878 battles
  • [TAK3N] TAK3N

Hey, i recently picked up the amx 30 proto and I have the modules except for top turret but that just gives a bit more vr and 100dpm, I'm enjoying it so far but I recall from a quickybaby video that tier for tier the proto is better, what are your thoughts on this dudes?

Thanks for your time, 

Ian. 

Sfinski #2 Posted 16 July 2019 - 02:02 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 35689 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
T9 is waayyy better than t10. Just stay at t9.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #3 Posted 16 July 2019 - 02:15 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33535 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostSfinski, on 16 July 2019 - 02:02 PM, said:

T9 is waayyy better than t10. Just stay at t9.

What he said.

Major_Gitgud #4 Posted 17 July 2019 - 06:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28222 battles
until they give 30b a better gun, stay at proto, its miles better, turret is much better as well :D

Edited by Major_Gitgud, 17 July 2019 - 06:03 AM.

baratoz1701 #5 Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:11 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25043 battles
  • [FA1LZ] FA1LZ
i never bothered with the tier 10 in the end, but the tier 9 was awesome fun

Yakito #6 Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:23 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19968 battles
What they all said.

PowJay #7 Posted 17 July 2019 - 08:04 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 39282 battles

I recently admitted defeat with the Batmobile and bought the AMX 30 Pr instead. Safe to say I don't like it very much.

As it is so fast, I started playing it as a front-line tank. That didn't work out so well. Then I played it as a second line tank as I can move around quickly. That didn't work out so well either. Now I am playing it like a TD and I can barely move from base sometimes without getting spotted and- I am not joking here- losing 20% of my HP immediately. This happened in at least three games yesterday that I was spotted and on 900 HP before I even started playing.

I am already considering selling it if I don't show improvement by 100 battles. The only thing is that I don't really know what to do with the crew. I might try WVs because why not?

TungstenHitman #8 Posted 17 July 2019 - 08:56 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 29813 battles
I never bothered with the T10 simply because I have Russian alternatives offering more map friendly attributes plus I only sort of liked the T9 but could never trust the gun handling to make me love this tank and want to play it frequently. I'll play the T9 now and again but it's pretty rare and has been pushed even further back in my garage with my more recent additions the Leopard and Standard B which just spank this AMX off the park in all areas that matter. It's like this, why would I play an AMX when my Leopard has a 1. something aim time rail gun with way greater shell velocity, pen and now even better alpha? It just makes the AMX make no sense to play other than just being the only option available to you. Same with Standard B, why would I play the AMX when the S-B has almost the same alpha only a way better handling gun, rail gun shell velocity like the Leopard and is also an A-R so can knock over 1000 alpha into an enemy tank when needed. The AMX is out dated and while I would never say it's a bad tank, it's just not as effective at doing what other T9 meds with paper armor can do so it makes no sense now to play it. Sure I've had lots of strong battles with the AMX and aces and big damage battles but I would have done more or it would have been easier with one of the other T9 paper meds mentioned, fact. 
08:02 Added after 5 minutes

View PostPowJay, on 17 July 2019 - 07:04 AM, said:

I am already considering selling it if I don't show improvement by 100 battles. The only thing is that I don't really know what to do with the crew. I might try WVs because why not?

If you don't already have these tanks then you can move them to the AMX 13 75 or the T5 TD bathtub thingy which are all supposed to be great fun. I here the T5 heavy is some fun and the T6 heavy played with the big gun and gold. Not sure you'd enjoy rally cars much since it's clear the T6 is trash, T7 is better but meh and the Lynx isn't as effective as the money EBR with 2 shell A-L so you're really only talking about the T9 and T10 cars which is a long grind but if you're willing to suffer it... why not lol. Problem is once you get the T9 you might actually not like car playstyle or it's too fast and demanding for you lol... and after grinding the long road from T6 and suffering bad tanks that would be some kick in the plums to discover. 

Mimos_A #9 Posted 17 July 2019 - 09:09 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29141 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH
The AMX 30 is a beast, the 30B is useless. For going to tier 10 you only gain a bit of dpm, mobility gets arguably worse and you get massive weakspots.

PowJay #10 Posted 17 July 2019 - 10:30 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 39282 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 17 July 2019 - 07:56 AM, said:

I never bothered with the T10 simply because I have Russian alternatives offering more map friendly attributes plus I only sort of liked the T9 but could never trust the gun handling to make me love this tank and want to play it frequently. I'll play the T9 now and again but it's pretty rare and has been pushed even further back in my garage with my more recent additions the Leopard and Standard B which just spank this AMX off the park in all areas that matter. It's like this, why would I play an AMX when my Leopard has a 1. something aim time rail gun with way greater shell velocity, pen and now even better alpha? It just makes the AMX make no sense to play other than just being the only option available to you. Same with Standard B, why would I play the AMX when the S-B has almost the same alpha only a way better handling gun, rail gun shell velocity like the Leopard and is also an A-R so can knock over 1000 alpha into an enemy tank when needed. The AMX is out dated and while I would never say it's a bad tank, it's just not as effective at doing what other T9 meds with paper armor can do so it makes no sense now to play it. Sure I've had lots of strong battles with the AMX and aces and big damage battles but I would have done more or it would have been easier with one of the other T9 paper meds mentioned, fact. 
08:02 Added after 5 minutes

If you don't already have these tanks then you can move them to the AMX 13 75 or the T5 TD bathtub thingy which are all supposed to be great fun. I here the T5 heavy is some fun and the T6 heavy played with the big gun and gold. Not sure you'd enjoy rally cars much since it's clear the T6 is trash, T7 is better but meh and the Lynx isn't as effective as the money EBR with 2 shell A-L so you're really only talking about the T9 and T10 cars which is a long grind but if you're willing to suffer it... why not lol. Problem is once you get the T9 you might actually not like car playstyle or it's too fast and demanding for you lol... and after grinding the long road from T6 and suffering bad tanks that would be some kick in the plums to discover. 

I bought the S35 CA back as I own almost all of the tier V TDs and had a great track record in this first time through. I've tried all of the French HTs up to VIII, including buying some back after abandoning the grind. Medium and heavy auto-loaders are really not my thing, it seems, so doing this seems also a non-starter. The only weird option is buying back the ARL V 39. I quite enjoyed this first time around and considered buying it again instead of the bathtub, but I don't really want that either.

Last but by no means least would be buying back the AMX 12t, which I only sold due to the old Scout MM where I already had the 13 75 and 13 90 anyway. With the new MM I might be happy to get it again. Failing that, it's French arty. :(

TungstenHitman #11 Posted 17 July 2019 - 11:49 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 29813 battles

View PostPowJay, on 17 July 2019 - 09:30 AM, said:

I bought the S35 CA back as I own almost all of the tier V TDs and had a great track record in this first time through. I've tried all of the French HTs up to VIII, including buying some back after abandoning the grind. Medium and heavy auto-loaders are really not my thing, it seems, so doing this seems also a non-starter. The only weird option is buying back the ARL V 39. I quite enjoyed this first time around and considered buying it again instead of the bathtub, but I don't really want that either.

Last but by no means least would be buying back the AMX 12t, which I only sold due to the old Scout MM where I already had the 13 75 and 13 90 anyway. With the new MM I might be happy to get it again. Failing that, it's French arty. :(

I liked the AMX 12t but found 2 major flaws just that bit too much to deem a keeper. 1. Glacially slow acceleration making it very limited to effectively flanking and raiding you just can't get away safely or maintain enough speed to circle faster than a target can get a gun on you along with almost stopping dead as you climb hills, pass across soft ground and knock through destructible objects like walls and tress etc. 2. DPM. Has much the same excellent A-L gun as the AMX 13 75 but for some reason the mag reload takes like... 30-40 seconds? was about 1k dpm and since I always like to take the chance to change out a mag with maybe 1-2 shots left before I make a play or re-engage a target this was just unacceptable. 

There's a potentially fun looking T5 med sporting a 105 HE derp much the same as the Pz 4, Sherman and Wolverine options at T5 though I never actually played that med so not sure if it's actually fun or not, still, 1 shotting noobs and T67 stat padders is always funny. The Bathtub and the T6 ARL 44. Thing about their 105 big gun is that this is genuinely one of those pay to win premium ammo. For some reason with these, when you press the 2 key, alpha jumps 10% so both these tanks if played with premium ammo, get 223 pen and 330 alpha which is really big at those tiers lol. I've been wanting to try these 2 tanks myself for a while now actually so you've inadvertently put them back on my radar lol.

https://tanks.gg/compare/g1-r?e=21.18.5&c=-1.-1.12&k=0.2.9.11&t=s35-ca_101124__21.4.6_-1.-1.12_0.2.9%7Earl-44_41111d__22.19.5_-1.-1.12_0.2.9

PowJay #12 Posted 17 July 2019 - 12:36 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 39282 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 17 July 2019 - 10:49 AM, said:

I liked the AMX 12t but found 2 major flaws just that bit too much to deem a keeper. 1. Glacially slow acceleration making it very limited to effectively flanking and raiding you just can't get away safely or maintain enough speed to circle faster than a target can get a gun on you along with almost stopping dead as you climb hills, pass across soft ground and knock through destructible objects like walls and tress etc. 2. DPM. Has much the same excellent A-L gun as the AMX 13 75 but for some reason the mag reload takes like... 30-40 seconds? was about 1k dpm and since I always like to take the chance to change out a mag with maybe 1-2 shots left before I make a play or re-engage a target this was just unacceptable. 

There's a potentially fun looking T5 med sporting a 105 HE derp much the same as the Pz 4, Sherman and Wolverine options at T5 though I never actually played that med so not sure if it's actually fun or not, still, 1 shotting noobs and T67 stat padders is always funny. The Bathtub and the T6 ARL 44. Thing about their 105 big gun is that this is genuinely one of those pay to win premium ammo. For some reason with these, when you press the 2 key, alpha jumps 10% so both these tanks if played with premium ammo, get 223 pen and 330 alpha which is really big at those tiers lol. I've been wanting to try these 2 tanks myself for a while now actually so you've inadvertently put them back on my radar lol.

https://tanks.gg/compare/g1-r?e=21.18.5&c=-1.-1.12&k=0.2.9.11&t=s35-ca_101124__21.4.6_-1.-1.12_0.2.9%7Earl-44_41111d__22.19.5_-1.-1.12_0.2.9

I already have the Renault G1 and I am doing OK with the 75mm. I never got on well with tier V derp guns and don't use them.

Thanks for the reminder on the AMX 12t. I sold it a while ago, but my main reason at the time was that it was seeing exactly the same tanks as my two higher tier LTs and was therefore totally pointless.

My G1 stats just to show that I am not too shabby with it.

Kills are 1.01 per battle. 73.44% MoE.

That's the trouble. I have found the small number of French vehicles that I actually like and have abandoned the TD, SPG and HTs lines with little to absolutely no intention of going further, or back, except for the ARL V 39. I am not interested in the AMX 30B, I have no interest in the (researched) AMX 13 105. I don't want to play any other low tiers that I have previously played and there is no point with regard to missions.

This is the ARL stats just to show why I liked it. Some could be luck as the damage isn't spectacular, but 57 wins and 43 losses is a good start. It would be worth another run, but I am afraid that my record will be shattered and it will end up another French tank on the junk heap for me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users