Are you guys having fun?

Rant.

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

Oldtanker68 #1 Posted 16 July 2019 - 04:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1359 battles

The condition the game is in makes it harder and harder to log in.

The salt Levels are higher than my enjoyment of the game. 

After a few days break, i was determined to grind Frontlines and i only manage to play 2 games before i had enough. Wheeled Vehicles and Autoloaders has killed this gamemode completly.

Its just NOT FUN.

I proceed to play a few games in my 110 to get some "top of the tree" bonus, but everything bad in the game just piles on top of me after only 7 played games.

I get the standard tomato team's several games in a row, i get team harrassed by a 40% Batchat.

I get back to back 3 arty games, i get the "golden shower" because im in a Heavy.

Add the fact that the New Versions of overpowered Premium tanks that are introduced monthly is seriously powercreeping all standard tank lines in the game, and its even less fun grinding up.

Offcourse, you can buy gold and transfer xp, but thats not a game, its giving a Company that really doesnt deserve Money, more Money. 

Seriously, i understand why Wargaming is so desperate to get People to buy their tanks etc, because its only a matter of time before its going to be a mass exodus of players. I know the usual fanbois will say "ive heard it before" but the state this game is in atm has never been worse, 

Ive tried restarting an account, ive tried playing for free, ive tried several different ways to approch the game With personal enjoyment in mind, but i just cant take the ingame abuse anymore.

Its NOT FUN.

Ill take an extended break.

Ive had it.

Sfinski #2 Posted 16 July 2019 - 04:43 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 35990 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

Sometimes, and keep playing for those good close tense games. Year after year they get further apart. Dont know how long it lasts.

If only there were things to be done, things that the players have told WG for years now. If only.

VonniVidiVici #3 Posted 16 July 2019 - 05:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38759 battles

Posted Image

You tell me.

Leepants #4 Posted 16 July 2019 - 05:35 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19849 battles
  • [ZIIP] ZIIP

View PostOldtanker68, on 16 July 2019 - 03:33 PM, said:

After a few days break, i was determined to grind Frontlines and i only manage to play 2 games before i had enough. Wheeled Vehicles and Autoloaders has killed this gamemode completly.

Its just NOT FUN.

I proceed to play a few games in my 110 to get some "top of the tree" bonus, but everything bad in the game just piles on top of me after only 7 played games.

I get the standard tomato team's several games in a row, i get team harrassed by a 40% Batchat.

I get back to back 3 arty games, i get the "golden shower" because im in a Heavy.

Add the fact that the New Versions of overpowered Premium tanks that are introduced monthly is seriously powercreeping all standard tank lines in the game, and its even less fun grinding up.

Offcourse, you can buy gold and transfer xp, but thats not a game, its giving a Company that really doesnt deserve Money, more Money. 

Seriously, i understand why Wargaming is so desperate to get People to buy their tanks etc, because its only a matter of time before its going to be a mass exodus of players. I know the usual fanbois will say "ive heard it before" but the state this game is in atm has never been worse, 

Ive tried restarting an account, ive tried playing for free, ive tried several different ways to approch the game With personal enjoyment in mind, but i just cant take the ingame abuse anymore.

Its NOT FUN.

Ive had it.

I had a nightmare day on Sunday playing my gold n00b premiums (grinding free XP for cheap conversion rate) - I was top 3 in a fair few games and lost. I'm nowhere near good enough to carry, so need a decent team around me or to have enemy team as really bad. It happens.

The last session was very good, so balance works ok. I would recommend sticking with it. If you can get one, I recommend grinding the wheeled vehicles - absolute riot and huge amounts of fun. I'm only at t7 with one, so popular opinion is that they aren't very good until tX, but they are HUGE amounts of fun!

VonniVidiVici #5 Posted 16 July 2019 - 05:36 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38759 battles

View PostLeepants, on 16 July 2019 - 05:35 PM, said:

I had a nightmare day on Sunday playing my gold n00b premiums (grinding free XP for cheap conversion rate) - I was top 3 in a fair few games and lost. I'm nowhere near good enough to carry, so need a decent team around me or to have enemy team as really bad. It happens.

The last session was very good, so balance works ok. I would recommend sticking with it. If you can get one, I recommend grinding the wheeled vehicles - absolute riot and huge amounts of fun. I'm only at t7 with one, so popular opinion is that they aren't very good until tX, but they are HUGE amounts of fun!

Wheeled vehicles are fun because they make the game less fun for everything else. That's part of the problem.

Leepants #6 Posted 16 July 2019 - 05:48 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19849 battles
  • [ZIIP] ZIIP

View PostVonniVidiVici, on 16 July 2019 - 04:36 PM, said:

Wheeled vehicles are fun because they make the game less fun for everything else. That's part of the problem.

I don't see it. It just means adapting to counter. I don't play for "anti-fun" of other folk - I play so I have a laugh. It's just fun on a big open map to be streaking about like a maniac. Not all that many maps to be able to do this, but so be it. I'm only got t7 WV which, as I said, isn't regarded as any good. But I still find it FAR more fun to play than a big slow [edited]heavy that spends half the game actually trying to get somewhere to bring effect.

We all get different things from the game - having a WV (even though I can't use it to good effect yet) properly makes me smile as it's just fun!

VonniVidiVici #7 Posted 16 July 2019 - 05:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38759 battles

View PostLeepants, on 16 July 2019 - 05:48 PM, said:

I don't see it. It just means adapting to counter. I don't play for "anti-fun" of other folk - I play so I have a laugh. It's just fun on a big open map to be streaking about like a maniac. Not all that many maps to be able to do this, but so be it. I'm only got t7 WV which, as I said, isn't regarded as any good. But I still find it FAR more fun to play than a big slow [edited]heavy that spends half the game actually trying to get somewhere to bring effect.

We all get different things from the game - having a WV (even though I can't use it to good effect yet) properly makes me smile as it's just fun!

I get that it's amusing to play them. I just wonder if you don't realise or don't care about the fact tank traverse, turret traverse, accuracy, bloom when moving any part of the tank and shell velocity on the majority of vehicles aren't particularly well-suited to deal with something that mobile. WV are an anomaly in this game and should never have been implemented the way they are (if at all).

pecopad #8 Posted 16 July 2019 - 05:59 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28856 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

When you realize that grinding is not fun in a grinding game, there is very little you can do...

Honestly I only keep on playing because of all the time and money invested...I'm getting tired of playing this game. 

eekeeboo #9 Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:11 PM

EU Video Content Manager

• WG Staff
  • 46919 battles

Its just NOT FUN.

Its NOT FUN.

Ive had it.

The game is not for everyone, as such will not be "fun" for everyone. The one thing I will suggest is a Free to play game is designed to be a little more frustrating for free-to-play players vs that pay. The unfortunate truth is, without that frustration, many players are not inclined to pay and thus keep the lights on and the developers working. 

View Postpecopad, on 16 July 2019 - 04:59 PM, said:

When you realize that grinding is not fun in a grinding game, there is very little you can do...

Honestly I only keep on playing because of all the time and money invested...I'm getting tired of playing this game. 

It's usually good to take a break before returning to a game, grinding burnout is a real thing! I've suffered from it a few times when I was a free to play player! 

Negativvv #10 Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:13 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12644 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

OPs mistake was playing FL with cars and lel Prem spam.

I enjoy the normal game still...

onderschepper #11 Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2168 battles
  • [BOF] BOF

In FL:

WVs - Position oneself in a bomb crater or an area with houses/ mountains covering 1 or 2 sides, double tap [3] and give 'em hell (depriving WVs of wide open spaces reduces their options to troll, plus some hit the wall making for an easy target).

Progs - Struggle to pen T-44, as verified by a Prog player in one of the Threads in the Frontline Sub-forum, even with [2].

View Postonderschepper, on 20 June 2019 - 02:48 PM, said:

I have learned that Prog's dislike the T-44 in one on one combat. 50% (+/-) of the shots I have received from Prog's ricochet, where in contrast all of my shots penetrate (moral of the story there, Prog's shouldn't patrol flanks alone).

Additionally their reload time between clips seems to be long - or I keep killing the loaders!?

View PostAzoreanOutkast, on 22 June 2019 - 11:27 AM, said:

You are right, almost all times i get a T-44 facing my progetto even if i use the 2 key and go for weak spots, somehow almost all my shots bounce or ricochet of them, i even had shots from point blank in the engine bay from the back bounce off! Weird!

(http://forum.worldof...es/page__st__20)

shikaka9 #12 Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 69972 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

Its just NOT FUN.

Its NOT FUN.

Ive had it.

so you took a blue pill :trollface:

XxKuzkina_MatxX #13 Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:35 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53231 battles

View PostLeepants, on 16 July 2019 - 08:48 PM, said:

Hey, we got feelings too! :izmena:

FrantisekBascovansky #14 Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27968 battles
It's not very funny driving tier 8 tank and being gold spammed by tier 10s every time, but otherwise the game is still fun.

sabre_ferret #15 Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:37 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21836 battles
  • [BC-X] BC-X

View Posteekeeboo, on 16 July 2019 - 06:11 PM, said:

The unfortunate truth is, without that frustration, many players are not inclined to pay and thus keep the lights on and the developers working. 

And that's why they rig the game...  They can't just let you get good, they have to constantly slap you down, give you long losing streaks and games where your shots go anywhere but where you aim.  Well I hope (no I don't) that it's working for you but it's directly stopped me from spending any money this Summer sale.  There's no point buying a premium tank now when you don't know if you're going to be allowed to win any games in it.  

jack_timber #16 Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:44 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 39696 battles

Are you guys having fun?

Yes, well I am and that's all that matters.

eekeeboo #17 Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:56 PM

EU Video Content Manager

• WG Staff
  • 46919 battles

View Postsabre_ferret, on 16 July 2019 - 05:37 PM, said:

And that's why they rig the game...  They can't just let you get good, they have to constantly slap you down, give you long losing streaks and games where your shots go anywhere but where you aim.  Well I hope (no I don't) that it's working for you but it's directly stopped me from spending any money this Summer sale.  There's no point buying a premium tank now when you don't know if you're going to be allowed to win any games in it.  

No one rigs anything I'm sorry to inform you. 

The losing streams are usually due to commiting repeated errors due to frustration, it's just as possible to change your play style and mix things up and go on a winning streak. For every person on a losing streak, there must be a person on a winning streak, in the end all being balanced out through RNG and the element that you can't win every time all the time. 

So if this has stopped you from supporting the game financially, I'm sorry to say that this will not improve as the rigging is non-existant and you are seeing something that isn't there. 

Luchs_Luthor #18 Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:57 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22717 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

I understand your feelings. After playing since 2014 and pretty much playing a few games every day I have found myself having less and less fun in the game and can easily go a week or so between playing the game now. The game has been skewed too far towards overpowered premiums and pay to win along with the introduction of ridiculous new mechanics and a terrible lack of balance between the tanks and tiers in general.

I even let my premium account lapse last month and don't plan on giving them any more of my money at this stage. I'll still keep playing here and there but it's definitely not the game I fell in love with anymore.

gunslingerXXX #19 Posted 16 July 2019 - 07:05 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 12585 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

Fun for me:

• No frontline, too many tryhards and OP tanks imo.
  • Limited heavies because +2mm in heavy sucks and 3 arty in a heavy sucks.
  • Limited tier 8-10 because the viewrange is screwed there, most have 450+m which results in a lot of base camping.

GL. If its not fun, just stop playing.:honoring:

Bordhaw #20 Posted 16 July 2019 - 07:11 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14824 battles

Its just NOT FUN.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users