Rant.

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

VonniVidiVici #121 Posted 20 July 2019 - 02:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38759 battles

View PostThinGun, on 20 July 2019 - 09:47 AM, said:

I don't know whether you're a stroppy little kid or an entitled twonk.  Either way, you need to stop thinking that the world revolves around you.  And maybe ease up on the ad hominems a bit, when conversing with grown ups. 

Look at the big picture.  See the 'gaming industry; for what it is.  Just another retailer.   Then look at retail generally, and see how the big players get to be successful.  Not a single one of them do it by being anti-consumerist.  Your whine about games is the equivalent of moaning at Amazon for not being able to deliver a product to your door inside 2 minutes by chauffeured limousine.  You might have a genuine concern, but it's not in the retailer's interest to try and please you, because you'll never be pleased. Businesses don't thrive by fighting unwinnable battles.

08:48 Added after 1 minute

I bought something called Riven.  That was about £9.99 and ran on XP.

So you don't follow industry news and don't know what I'm talking about. Gotcha. Or are you going to tell me that the majority of gamers are thrilled about playing a fighting game franchise for years, then when the next iteration comes along they have to buy not only the game at full price but additional DLC to get the characters they've been playing as a core part of the game's roster for years until now?

I know I didn't mention that particular example in my previous post but it's a fairly obvious one that should be familiar if you have spent any time observing what's going on rather than jumping to conclusions based on how you think things should work.

And by the way, look up hypocrisy. It's a big word but I'm sure someone will help you if you ask nicely. Ask and ye receiveth. :rolleyes:

Edited by VonniVidiVici, 20 July 2019 - 02:42 PM.

ThinGun #122 Posted 20 July 2019 - 03:05 PM

Major

• Player
  • 39686 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO

View PostVonniVidiVici, on 20 July 2019 - 02:41 PM, said:

So you don't follow industry news and don't know what I'm talking about. Gotcha. Or are you going to tell me that the majority of gamers are thrilled about playing a fighting game franchise for years, then when the next iteration comes along they have to buy not only the game at full price but additional DLC to get the characters they've been playing as a core part of the game's roster for years until now?

I know I didn't mention that particular example in my previous post but it's a fairly obvious one that should be familiar if you have spent any time observing what's going on rather than jumping to conclusions based on how you think things should work.

And by the way, look up hypocrisy. It's a big word but I'm sure someone will help you if you ask nicely. Ask and ye receiveth. :rolleyes:

I don't follow gaming industry news and I couldn't care less about the specifics of your complaint.  I'm just pointing out that your claim that a retailer is anti-consumerism is utterly, utterly bizarre.  

What you don't seem to be able to grasp is that, you and people like you, who do nothing but complain about 'how they ought to do it this way' are a common factor in any retailer's customer base.  And commonly ignored. 

The fact that you even think it's hypocritical to point out the fallacy in your argument only proves how 'special' you are.  

But hey ... carry on the way you are.  I predict a life of disappointment, and unmatched expectations.

Slyspy #123 Posted 21 July 2019 - 01:59 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14697 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostVonniVidiVici, on 19 July 2019 - 11:50 AM, said:

Missions. I sh't on people from time to time for that same reason.

Ah, so arty is awful but not as awful as having to skip or, worse, miss a mission? Right. Are other people allowed to play arty in order to fulfill mission requirements?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users