Jump to content


Are you guys having fun?

Rant.

  • Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

VonniVidiVici #61 Posted 17 July 2019 - 11:58 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 38759 battles
  • 12,519
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

View PostSlyspy, on 17 July 2019 - 11:28 AM, said:

 

If nothing can be proved then how do you know "there are lots of companies exploiting features and defrauding expectation"?

 

To be fair to the guy, I don't know if you follow generaly gaming industry news but AAA publishers are known to be scumbags. I think it was EA who had a pretty elaborate scheme that involved players getting some "normal" games before being matched against people with similar builds but using gear only available through micro-transactions and of slightly higher level, the idea being that the player would see the better gear in action, get his butt kicked by it and be tempted to buy it himself to even the playing field, after which he'd have a couple of favourable matchups before starting the cycle again.

Given the raging hard-on publishers have for excessive monetisation regardless of what that does to the gaming experience and the trail of broken promises left by companies EA, Activision, Bethesda et al he's not wrong when stating there's no shortage of companies with very consumer-unfriendly business practices, deliberately exploiting people to gain an extra buck.

I'm not saying WG does this, but this kind of crap is already happening in the gaming industry in general.



Echotun #62 Posted 17 July 2019 - 12:02 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 21994 battles
  • 510
  • [FA-1] FA-1
  • Member since:
    03-15-2015

There are plenty of things I dislike with WOT, some of them quite serious. 

 

But at the end of the day I do enjoy playing most days. And I dont mind how the pay vs free model is currently. Works «fine». 

And MM is way better than its been for a long time. 

 

Bad players/teams is a result of humans being humans. If you dont want to play with humans, then dont play pvp games. 


Edited by Echotun, 17 July 2019 - 12:04 PM.


TungstenHitman #63 Posted 17 July 2019 - 12:12 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 30631 battles
  • 5,765
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

View Posteekeeboo, on 16 July 2019 - 10:21 PM, said:

 

 

Maybe this shift in the players is something you may notice while others are busy with exams and enjoying the nice weather and going on holiday too :) 

 

 

 

 

I don't understand.

 

View Posteekeeboo, on 17 July 2019 - 09:20 AM, said:

 

The reason i'm not "admitting" it, is there's nothing to admit. People who are good at the game have good winrates, because they are good at the game. Despite RNG and law of averages, people who are better at a game still generally do better than those who don't. It's not an excuse, it's a simple fact. 

 

 

Same logic applies to players with low win rates. Why do players get annoyed with low win rate teammates when they make a bad play or don't know what to do or fail to carry an easily winnable battle when they seem to have everything in place to win that battle? If those low win rate players did the right thing at right moments or carried those easy wins then logically they don't have bad win rates they have good win rates. The reason they have bad win rates is that most the time they can't, and that's a simple fact too. 



Oldtanker68 #64 Posted 17 July 2019 - 01:45 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1359 battles
  • 45
  • Member since:
    02-28-2015

View Posteekeeboo, on 16 July 2019 - 11:21 PM, said:

 

Many games 

 

*edited*

 

 


Edited by Daxeno, 17 July 2019 - 05:51 PM.
Discussing moderation.


Slyspy #65 Posted 17 July 2019 - 01:55 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 14699 battles
  • 17,436
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011

View PostVonniVidiVici, on 17 July 2019 - 11:58 AM, said:

 

To be fair to the guy, I don't know if you follow generaly gaming industry news but AAA publishers are known to be scumbags. I think it was EA who had a pretty elaborate scheme that involved players getting some "normal" games before being matched against people with similar builds but using gear only available through micro-transactions and of slightly higher level, the idea being that the player would see the better gear in action, get his butt kicked by it and be tempted to buy it himself to even the playing field, after which he'd have a couple of favourable matchups before starting the cycle again.

Given the raging hard-on publishers have for excessive monetisation regardless of what that does to the gaming experience and the trail of broken promises left by companies EA, Activision, Bethesda et al he's not wrong when stating there's no shortage of companies with very consumer-unfriendly business practices, deliberately exploiting people to gain an extra buck.

I'm not saying WG does this, but this kind of crap is already happening in the gaming industry in general.

 

I'm perfectly willing to accept that proven scumbags are scumbags. I'm also willing to accept that since there are some uncovered scumbags there are probably going to be scumbags who remain hidden. But I'm not going to ascribe scumbaggery to a specific entity without proof. 

Homer_J #66 Posted 17 July 2019 - 02:06 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 32344 battles
  • 35,388
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View Postsabre_ferret, on 17 July 2019 - 07:51 AM, said:

 

You can't possibily be so dim as to think that someone getting purple stats can get <40% WR

If you have 40% win rate you don't have purple stats, you might have purple WN8 but WN8 without a corresponding win rate means you do damage at the wrong time and don't contribute to the team.

 

View PostOldtanker68, on 17 July 2019 - 01:45 PM, said:

 

Ive played from 2011,

 

Thanks for confirming my suspicions about this being a second account.



Oldtanker68 #67 Posted 17 July 2019 - 02:09 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1359 battles
  • 45
  • Member since:
    02-28-2015

View PostHomer_J, on 17 July 2019 - 02:06 PM, said:

If you have 40% win rate you don't have purple stats, you might have purple WN8 but WN8 without a corresponding win rate means you do damage at the wrong time and don't contribute to the team.

 

Thanks for confirming my suspicions about this being a second account.

 

I have never ever tried to hide it, i even refered to it in my original post.

I responded to Your 2 posts and went to work, but returned and found my post was deleted.

 

This moderater is quite high on himself, but im guessing he wont be that much longer after he starts costing Wargaming Money.


Edited by Oldtanker68, 17 July 2019 - 02:10 PM.


Homer_J #68 Posted 17 July 2019 - 02:17 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 32344 battles
  • 35,388
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostOldtanker68, on 17 July 2019 - 02:09 PM, said:

 

I have never ever tried to hide it, i even refered to it in my original post.

 

You said you tried restarting an account.  Not that you use this account to post on the forum to hide your real account.

 

As for the moderating, I never saw your posts so I can't comment, not that I would anyway because I have read the forum rules.

13:19 Added after 1 minute

View PostVonniVidiVici, on 17 July 2019 - 11:58 AM, said:

 

To be fair to the guy, I don't know if you follow generaly gaming industry news but AAA publishers are known to be scumbags.

 

I doubt their shareholders see it that way.

Robbie_T #69 Posted 17 July 2019 - 02:20 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 20141 battles
  • 942
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    07-08-2016

Not wargamings fault

With the kids holiday going on now..the MM cant make normal teams....those gutys are just that bad.

Even the most advanced system in the world cant do that.

So next 8 weeks say goodbye to your winrate especially in the weekends weekend /event/holiday= cupcake teams



Oldtanker68 #70 Posted 17 July 2019 - 02:30 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1359 battles
  • 45
  • Member since:
    02-28-2015

View PostHomer_J, on 17 July 2019 - 02:17 PM, said:

 

You said you tried restarting an account.  Not that you use this account to post on the forum to hide your real account.

 

As for the moderating, I never saw your posts so I can't comment, not that I would anyway because I have read the forum rules.

Im not hiding anything, never did.

Im as skilled as i am right now, it wont change will it? and i dont play the other account anymore.

I also have a free to play account to see if it was possible, but i play this account now.

I just wanted an acount With stats that reacted to my play.

 

That said, i dont pad stats, i dont spam gold. Im not using Xvm.

I didnt fire gold until 8k + matches on my original account, because i thought it was bad for the game, but i adapted to the gold spam meta and use a few gold when needed.

 

Now i play for personal stats and gunmarking only, but i need to play this account more because it had 800 matches on it from before.

And i really dont care what you think, because Your just an anon guy on the internet.

 

Is that good enough?


Edited by Oldtanker68, 17 July 2019 - 02:31 PM.


Oldtanker68 #71 Posted 17 July 2019 - 02:58 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1359 battles
  • 45
  • Member since:
    02-28-2015

*edited* 

Atleast i have no expenses on WOT anymore.

 

Cya out there.

 

 


Edited by Daxeno, 17 July 2019 - 05:48 PM.
Discussing moderation.


pecopad #72 Posted 17 July 2019 - 03:14 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 29254 battles
  • 2,137
  • [UGN] UGN
  • Member since:
    09-04-2015

View Post4nt, on 17 July 2019 - 11:55 AM, said:

Ah, but if rigging is indistinguishable from random, why would one call it rigging? Method I've porposed (and many others) would reveal rigging in detail within those parameters that people commonly claim to see rigging in. One could argue a point that since random used by the game is not true random, game is rigged (and that I wouldn't have a problem with). That anyone could really make true random... Altogether different thing.

 

Diving into code won't do anything to those beliefs that game is rigged. People arguing as such would simply dismiss neutral party's investigation as bought or sample being fixed. Similiarily they wouldn't believe a deepthroat within organisation if he wouldn't say things they expect to hear.

 

To believe in rigging without considering alternative explanations indicates psychological predisposition, a bias, to believe worst about either fellow man or institutions. Such a bias makes it essentially impossible for them to take steps to confirm their beliefs; such an action would risk their worldview shattering, should the results not come as wished. Ego is an extremely curious piece of human psyche in that way.

 

I also do not like the word rigging, I think its too harsh, but I also do not believe in true randomness in WoT or in any other game.

 

"Luck" games and gambling are regulated, and I expect sooner or latter Video games to be regulated in the same manner, due to the amount of money they represent.

 

We will see it in loot boxes and other mechanics there are supposed to be random, and if the gaming community pushes it, it will be extended to MM,because this is not just a problem in WoT, unbalanced teams is a problem in most of the games.

 

Regarding the "psychological predisposition" and bias, its part of the human nature for good and bad. The ones who fail and blame luck and the ones who win and think its because of their actions, so it can work both ways too.

 

Best way to deal with the problem in WoT, to me it would be probably to reduce RNG and balance teams regarding players skill



gav00 #73 Posted 17 July 2019 - 03:54 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10678 battles
  • 639
  • Member since:
    10-13-2013

View Posteekeeboo, on 17 July 2019 - 08:21 AM, said:

Please be aware of what you imply. 

 

I am perfectly aware of what I imply. Given the amount of bad information, distruths and outright lies that the community teams have spewed onto their playerbase ("X will be buffed", "This tank line is going to be great", "X is perfectly balanced" etc.) you clearly have no connection to those in charge of creating such features.

 

So, are you ignorant, or are you simply paid to tell us what HQ want us to hear?

Either way, dishonest and untrustworthy.



onderschepper #74 Posted 17 July 2019 - 03:56 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 2168 battles
  • 698
  • [BOF] BOF
  • Member since:
    05-17-2019

View Postpecopad, on 17 July 2019 - 03:14 PM, said:

We will see it in loot boxes and other mechanics there are supposed to be random, and if the gaming community pushes it, it will be extended to MM,because this is not just a problem in WoT, unbalanced teams is a problem in most of the games.

 

Activision have a Patent for a MM that deliberately matches players to their paying counterparts in order to encourage greater uptake of microtransactions.

 

https://patents.goog...0160005270A1/en



ThinGun #75 Posted 17 July 2019 - 04:21 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 40080 battles
  • 2,586
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View PostOldtanker68, on 17 July 2019 - 02:58 PM, said:

Wargaming has gotten my complaint in the form of a ticket.

Edit:

I got a generic answer.

I figured as much.

 

It doesnt change the fact that im not paying a cent to Wargaming anymore.

And im not posting on this forums with this kind of moderating.

 

Atleast i have no expenses on WOT anymore.

 

Cya out there.

 

 

 

Heroic response to a total non-event.  Imaginary applause and unicorn soup for you.

Shacou #76 Posted 17 July 2019 - 04:32 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22704 battles
  • 924
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
  • Member since:
    11-07-2011
Tonnes of fun.


Oldtanker68 #77 Posted 17 July 2019 - 04:48 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1359 battles
  • 45
  • Member since:
    02-28-2015

View PostThinGun, on 17 July 2019 - 04:21 PM, said:

 

Heroic response to a total non-event.  Imaginary applause and unicorn soup for you.

 

*edited*


Edited by Daxeno, 17 July 2019 - 05:48 PM.
Off-topic conflict.


ThinGun #78 Posted 17 July 2019 - 04:58 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 40080 battles
  • 2,586
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View PostOldtanker68, on 17 July 2019 - 04:48 PM, said:

 

Do you need to be spoonfed?

 

Feel free to ask.

 

Nope.  Perfectly capable of looking after myself, thanks. 

 

Also:
1) perfectly capable of walking away from something I don't enjoy without needing to spill my guts on a public forum

2) perfectly capable of taking legitimate criticism without issuing threats and formal reports.  

Don't hesitate to ask me for help with the above two items if you're struggling.



amashi #79 Posted 17 July 2019 - 05:06 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 15163 battles
  • 577
  • Member since:
    10-21-2012

A game with about 25% base RNG, does not need any rigging, it's statistics of scale. Lengthy and 'strange' loss/win streaks only shows the nature of randomness, in a famous experiment people failed to identify fake (hand made) or semi-truly randomized coin toss. Cognitive bias towards ones prowess and abilities is multiplying the effect. Also,it's 15 on 15 action, can one really think they are rigging his match only, meaning somehow he is so special that the 29 others are clamped in such a way to make him win/lose... yea right. 

 

But I fear for the devs, I fear they will not eat well, even starve with those horrid British light tanks. 

 



eekeeboo #80 Posted 17 July 2019 - 05:11 PM

    EU Video Content Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 47025 battles
  • 2,486
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010

View PostTungstenHitman, on 17 July 2019 - 11:12 AM, said:

 

I don't understand.

 

 

Same logic applies to players with low win rates. Why do players get annoyed with low win rate teammates when they make a bad play or don't know what to do or fail to carry an easily winnable battle when they seem to have everything in place to win that battle? If those low win rate players did the right thing at right moments or carried those easy wins then logically they don't have bad win rates they have good win rates. The reason they have bad win rates is that most the time they can't, and that's a simple fact too. 

 

Hello sorry, it is generally acknowledged that school holidays and events like warm weather can alter the demographics of the people who play and this may be something you are noticing. The latter part of your sentence was implied to the person who states how a person can have good stats but terrible winrate, generally good stats means you have the knowledge on how to perform, whereas low winrate players generally do not behave in that way. 

 

View PostOldtanker68, on 17 July 2019 - 01:09 PM, said:

 

I have never ever tried to hide it, i even refered to it in my original post.

I responded to Your 2 posts and went to work, but returned and found my post was deleted.

 

This moderater is quite high on himself, but im guessing he wont be that much longer after he starts costing Wargaming Money.

 

Follow forum rules and you will have nothing to worry about. 

 

View Postgav00, on 17 July 2019 - 02:54 PM, said:

 

I am perfectly aware of what I imply. Given the amount of bad information, distruths and outright lies that the community teams have spewed onto their playerbase ("X will be buffed", "This tank line is going to be great", "X is perfectly balanced" etc.) you clearly have no connection to those in charge of creating such features.

 

So, are you ignorant, or are you simply paid to tell us what HQ want us to hear?

Either way, dishonest and untrustworthy.

 

Changes that don't come are given a reason why and things balanced in a way are given a reason why. In the whole time of the game, ever. At no point was there a dicussion, point or proof from anyone on rigging, ever. Not once. On the contrary multiple statements and points of evidence from players proving otherwise. You can acknowledge the truth or not, but insulting me as lying to you is not something that will be tolerated on the forums. 

16:14 Added after 3 minutes

View PostShivvering, on 17 July 2019 - 09:59 AM, said:

Calm down with the replies eekeeboo, people will start to expect actually getting a response to their ill-conceived arguments in the future! ;)

 

I still have fun in this game - If I didn't, I'd stop playing. Taken plenty of breaks over the years, still find myself back here though as WoT offers something that I clearly enjoy.

 

I find I have the most fun playing fast, lightly armoured tanks (like the Leo 1). Gold spam? No issue - standard would have penned me anyway. Ridiculously armoured bobject ahead? No issue - relocate/flank/circle. RNG tomfoolery? - No issue - I had my entire crew knocked out yesterday from some EBR HE spam in FL. This is the first time I can recall losing a tank by this means. I also fired a shot from my Progetto, while travelling at full speed, and killed a full speed EBR traveling across my sights at 400m - moral of the story here, RNG helps you  as much as it screws you.

 

 

 

It's always worth a try to help people! 
16:14 Added after 3 minutes

View PostShivvering, on 17 July 2019 - 09:59 AM, said:

Calm down with the replies eekeeboo, people will start to expect actually getting a response to their ill-conceived arguments in the future! ;)

 

I still have fun in this game - If I didn't, I'd stop playing. Taken plenty of breaks over the years, still find myself back here though as WoT offers something that I clearly enjoy.

 

I find I have the most fun playing fast, lightly armoured tanks (like the Leo 1). Gold spam? No issue - standard would have penned me anyway. Ridiculously armoured bobject ahead? No issue - relocate/flank/circle. RNG tomfoolery? - No issue - I had my entire crew knocked out yesterday from some EBR HE spam in FL. This is the first time I can recall losing a tank by this means. I also fired a shot from my Progetto, while travelling at full speed, and killed a full speed EBR traveling across my sights at 400m - moral of the story here, RNG helps you  as much as it screws you.

 

 

 

It's always worth a try to help people! 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users