crew names bands

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Miepie #1 Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3806 battles
  • [KEL-O] KEL-O

Usually during the weekends when playing becomes ill-advised due to the number of beers consumed, I amuse myself by mucking around in my garage. Occasionally this leads to me changing the names of my crews (which is free since some update early this year).

So far I assembled the Jackson Five (though I had to use Theodore instead of Tito and Jeremiah instead of Jermaine) who are chilling in my M4 Improved until I research the Jackson;

My Matilda is manned by John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr;

My M6 (soon to evolve into a T29) is crewed by James Hetfield, Kirk Hammett, Lars Ulrich, Jason Newsted, Cliff Burton and Robert Trujillo;

My TS5 is crewed by Tom Araya, Kerry King, Jeff Hanneman and Dave Lombardo. Then the available names in the game started to fail me, so they have Dave Mustaine as the second loader. Obviously the TS in TS5 stands for Tank Slayer.

I wanted to use The Eagles (takin' it easy!) as the crew I use in my Easy 8 / Eagle7, but that was a dismal failure. Lionel Ritchie wasn't available either, nor were sufficient members of Faith No More. Much scrolling has been wasted on that crew already; suggestions are welcome.

My vacation starts tomorrow evening; this will undoubtedly lead to more of the above. Do you guys use any particular custom named crews? :harp::bajan::great:

Edits: much speeling and grammur being badly.

Edited by Miepie, 16 July 2019 - 06:37 PM.

eekeeboo #2 Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:40 PM

EU Video Content Manager

• WG Staff
  • 46913 battles
I can assure you, you are not alone and many people accompany you with funky names, some even keeping crew for the name alone! 

Miepie #3 Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3806 battles
  • [KEL-O] KEL-O

View Posteekeeboo, on 16 July 2019 - 06:40 PM, said:

I can assure you, you are not alone and many people accompany you with funky names, some even keeping crew for the name alone! 

Is there an easy process to submit requests for names to be added? I wanted my top Soviet Heavy crew to be led by Ivan Drago, but had to settle for Ivan Dragun... :/

eekeeboo #4 Posted 16 July 2019 - 07:01 PM

EU Video Content Manager

• WG Staff
  • 46913 battles
Not that I'm aware of sorry, this is likely to be something very low down on the list of priorities for the developers working on the game so far sorry :( 

Miepie #5 Posted 16 July 2019 - 07:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3806 battles
  • [KEL-O] KEL-O
Hm, maybe for my Easy Eight I should use NWA (best known for their greatest hit "Eazy E doesn't come for free (she's a real lady)")... 

Nishi_Kinuyo #6 Posted 16 July 2019 - 08:40 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 8831 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Well, I'm not sure if I should call this funny... or... sad. :trollface:

Homer_J #7 Posted 16 July 2019 - 10:07 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31782 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

My EBR crew are named after (ex) F1 drivers.

I also have crew named after people I know IRL (I think Nutter is in one of my Brit mediums).

PhantomMajor #8 Posted 05 August 2019 - 06:36 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 15291 battles

View PostMiepie, on 16 July 2019 - 05:34 PM, said:

Usually during the weekends when playing becomes ill-advised due to the number of beers consumed, I amuse myself by mucking around in my garage. Occasionally this leads to me changing the names of my crews (which is free since some update early this year).

So far I assembled the Jackson Five (though I had to use Theodore instead of Tito and Jeremiah instead of Jermaine) who are chilling in my M4 Improved until I research the Jackson;

My Matilda is manned by John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr;

My M6 (soon to evolve into a T29) is crewed by James Hetfield, Kirk Hammett, Lars Ulrich, Jason Newsted, Cliff Burton and Robert Trujillo;

My TS5 is crewed by Tom Araya, Kerry King, Jeff Hanneman and Dave Lombardo. Then the available names in the game started to fail me, so they have Dave Mustaine as the second loader. Obviously the TS in TS5 stands for Tank Slayer.

I wanted to use The Eagles (takin' it easy!) as the crew I use in my Easy 8 / Eagle7, but that was a dismal failure. Lionel Ritchie wasn't available either, nor were sufficient members of Faith No More. Much scrolling has been wasted on that crew already; suggestions are welcome.

My vacation starts tomorrow evening; this will undoubtedly lead to more of the above. Do you guys use any particular custom named crews? :harp::bajan::great:

Edits: much speeling and grammur being badly.

mate you've got to much time on your hands if you are doing this. lol

Captain_Kremen0 #9 Posted 06 August 2019 - 10:47 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 38956 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

I tapped up Dave Grohl but he said he wanted to do everything himself.

For a Brit crew....it's in the avatar.

Edited by Captain_Kremen0, 06 August 2019 - 10:48 AM.

Miepie #10 Posted 06 August 2019 - 01:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3806 battles
  • [KEL-O] KEL-O

View PostPhantomMajor, on 05 August 2019 - 06:36 PM, said:

mate you've got to much time on your hands if you are doing this. lol

Nahh, it's one of those things you can do in multitasking mode (read: while drunkenly watching a B-movie). Plus, it amuses me to cram Bruce Dickinson, Rob Halford, Tony Iommi and Lemmy Kilmister in a tank together (Lemmy is the Loader, since he already bought the farm). :justwait:

Also tagged with crew, names, bands

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users