On the road again

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Naughtilus #1 Posted 17 July 2019 - 01:32 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27285 battles

Well, long story short, been in a clan for almost a year, people left, the overall atmosphere changed, I realised the clan is no longer the clan I joined and that I basically don't give a monkey's anymore, so I'm looking for a new home.

I'm an old fart in a body younger than what would be appropriate for my level of being a grumpy old man. Walking a thin line between casual and competitive, I like organised play but I won't compromise my fun for it. I like to play in a team on a certain (not that high, but not superlow either) standard, but I CBA about things like mandatory activity/attendance, mandatory tanks, mandatory whatever. I feel most comfortable on SH8, I think.

What else... I won't even bother replying to mass Hello Insert Name posts by people who just go through the subforum and copypaste to every thread in here, I care little for stat [whiskey alpha november kilo]ers, metaslaves and other such beings. The kindest words I have for arty is pig[foxtrot uniform charlie kilo]ers (unless I'm doing missions and I'm sitting in one, and even then I have to shower). I strongly prefer Discord simply because I don't have to install another program just to accomodate the requirements. Oh, and I won't be ordered around by kids, 20-25ish+ is nice, 18+ is BARE minimum.

I'm not making this easy, aren't I.

And yes, I do know the phonetic alphabet by heart.

Edited by Naughtilus, 17 July 2019 - 02:35 PM.

DuckPhobia #2 Posted 17 July 2019 - 03:32 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6933 battles
  • [W0WW] W0WW

Good Morrow tide, 

World of Weekend Warriors is a fairly new clan but active. We have an array of people in the discord, 18+ attitude but we accept that we have some young-ens in 'For the Greater Good' (little Hot Fuzz reference for you there). All the top commanders are 25+. Myself.....I would rather we did not discuss my age, its a sore subject with a milestone Birthday this year.

We are competitive and would hope people grind not only the tanks they want but those considered "Meta". Its not an enforceable thing if something really isn't your play style then there is sod all reason to make people grind it. Attendance to CW events isn't mandatory, we just expect people to get involved, whether thats platooning, CW, chit chat and being active on discord. You know being a community and all that jazz.

Also what silly (Charlie Uniform November Kilo) doesn't know the phonetic alphabet. 

This is our discord server, come join see how you feel, no pressure to join us for real unless you want to. https://discord.gg/NEqMXM

Cheers

Commander Ducky

Naughtilus #3 Posted 17 July 2019 - 05:47 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27285 battles

Invite invalid/expired. Welp.

Anyway, it does sound kind of up my alley, but I hope you understand I want to take my time deciding, after all I don't wanna open another thread next week or month or so.

DuckPhobia #4 Posted 17 July 2019 - 06:27 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6933 battles
  • [W0WW] W0WW

Welp, 

My bad, hopefully this one works: https://discord.gg/Sb2Wnjw

And absolutely, no commitment to join the clan after joining discord, just mosey around and get a feel for the joint

sfHeroClass #5 Posted 18 July 2019 - 10:06 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1529 battles
  • [WFPKN] WFPKN

WolfPack - High Command Communiqué

Attention: @Tanker looking for a world of tanks team

WolfPack World of Tanks Europe : command is looking for players to join our existing male and female player base in World of Tanks Europe

See our recruitment video on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tsHV5iqey8

Our website: http://www.WolfPack.net.au/

Our member base number: 275 players.

Our in game tag: WFPKN

Requirements:

* Speak basic English
* Minimum age 18 or older
* Teamspeak voice communications (see tutorial link down bottom)

Note:

We do not just play World of Tanks Europe - we also have gaming divisions for World of Tanks : Asia, War Thunder , Battlefield, Insurgency.

How to start?

Follow the tutorial on how to install teamspeak and wait in the lobby until someone contacts you

http://wolfpack.net.au/Tutorials/TeamSpeak/

END COMMUNIQUÉ

Naughtilus #6 Posted 18 July 2019 - 11:59 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27285 battles

And that right there is exactly the kind of copypaste mass topic bombing I'm auto-rejecting.

Perhaps I should add that I'll also auto-reject clan invites that come without any words, had one like that yesterday.

StinkyStonky #7 Posted 18 July 2019 - 01:13 PM

Major

• Player
  • 33375 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

Hey Naughtilus,

we do team stuff almost every night.  You don't have to join in (all the time), it just means that if you play Tuesdays and Fridays (say), we'll probably be doing stuff then).

We use Discord and like players to come on in the evenings but we're not massively proactive in chasing that up.

We run boosters most nights (every night we don't forget).

I've never copy/pasted a post on these forums and I also know the phonetic alphabet (it's just one of the things you learn at sea).

Naughtilus #8 Posted 23 July 2019 - 08:51 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27285 battles

View PostStinkyStonky, on 18 July 2019 - 01:13 PM, said:

Hey Naughtilus,

we do team stuff almost every night.  You don't have to join in (all the time), it just means that if you play Tuesdays and Fridays (say), we'll probably be doing stuff then).

We use Discord and like players to come on in the evenings but we're not massively proactive in chasing that up.

We run boosters most nights (every night we don't forget).

I've never copy/pasted a post on these forums and I also know the phonetic alphabet (it's just one of the things you learn at sea).

Sorry, I've been a tad busy since Monday. Would it be possible to arrange for me to participate in a few SH battles as a legionnaire before I decide? 

Rebelodicus #9 Posted 25 July 2019 - 02:03 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 25130 battles
  • [BM8] BM8

And here is a slighly less cut and paste.. cut and paste.....It's got what needs to be said without having to do it all again  ;) lol. May not be your thing Naughtilus .. but hey.

:harp:

Come join Bm8. The best gaming community for better gaming friends

World of Tanks Team or Stronghold battles every Monday and occasionally between.

Easy going fun including many different games to play with your new buddies.

CoD, War Thunder, Battlefield, PUBG, Left4dead2 and many more.

Players from around the world! Bring a sense of humour and your Gaming head!

Find us and join our ranks either in Discord or our Forum (currently under maintainance)

http://bm8clan.com/Forum/index.php

https://discord.gg/FnVyKMd

Regular clan booster reserves activated!  

Naughtilus #10 Posted 25 July 2019 - 03:25 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27285 battles

Thanks everyone, but I've chosen a surprise offer I got, and it's close to what my former clan used to be when I joined them.

KoerskClan #11 Posted 02 August 2019 - 09:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11569 battles
  • [KCNL] KCNL

Hey Goodevening mate!

Im gonna make it short. We are starting over again and searching for new people! 

If you wanna know more give me a personal message. We are waiting for you ;)

Freaky A.K.A Freaky_boy2003

https://eu.wargaming.net/clans/wot/500074742/

Naughtilus #12 Posted 04 August 2019 - 08:03 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27285 battles

Sorry, not exactly what I'm looking for. Also you sent it when I was already in a clan.

Well, turns out that it wasn't what I was looking for either. All this mandatory this or that, it was there in the fine print, so to say.

That being said, I did enjoy my time there, I just refuse to be tied by quotas, attendance, stuff like that on principle.

As of now, I'm a free agent again, and I think I'll just play clanless for now.

Edited by Naughtilus, 04 August 2019 - 08:04 PM.

Nales86 #13 Posted 04 August 2019 - 11:57 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30926 battles
  • [U-WOT] U-WOT

Feel free to join our discord and find out what we are about. You can join as legionaire when were doing some beer n skirms if you like. Or join some platoons, dunno what youre up to.

Here's the discord link: https://discord.gg/jHgQKFR

Naughtilus #14 Posted 07 August 2019 - 08:45 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27285 battles
To be honest, with the 1.6 update, I don't even know if I'll keep playing. Got a whole backlog of games accumulated in my library, prem account ends in less than a month. And it's difficult for me to find a clan, I'm kinda picky and often get hung up on silly things, my window of balance between casual and competitive is narrow like a starved supermodel's hips and difficult to hit. Can't even arrange some legionnaire skirmishes because I'm either out with my dog (yeah, a [probably] Malinois/Rhodesian Ridgeback cross needs a lot of movement) or I just don't feel like playing tanks at the moment.

DuckPhobia #15 Posted 07 August 2019 - 04:25 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6933 battles
  • [W0WW] W0WW
Yeah he wouldn't join us because we had hips like Kim Kadashian......After the butt implants :P

Naughtilus #16 Posted 08 August 2019 - 08:26 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27285 battles

View PostDuckPhobia, on 07 August 2019 - 04:25 PM, said:

Yeah he wouldn't join us because we had hips like Kim Kadashian......After the butt implants :P

Lies and slander!

I said Nicki Minaj...

DuckPhobia #17 Posted 08 August 2019 - 08:51 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6933 battles
  • [W0WW] W0WW

I want to nestle in between them buns and become a Duck Sandwich...... 

I mean what......what were we talking about again. Oh yeah Naughtilus won't join us, but keeps telling me he loves me right before he takes my clothes off. Don't trust him ladies!

Naughtilus #18 Posted 08 August 2019 - 08:57 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27285 battles

View PostDuckPhobia, on 08 August 2019 - 08:51 AM, said:

I want to nestle in between them buns and become a Duck Sandwich...... 

I mean what......what were we talking about again. Oh yeah Naughtilus won't join us, but keeps telling me he loves me right before he takes my clothes off. Don't trust him ladies!

More lies and slander! (or is it libel in written form?)

I only lift skirts up and pull panties down, if present.

On a more serious note, my ISP has trouble with the WoT website and DNS. Some wonky BS happened after a short power outage. So until the issue is resolved, I'm definitely not looking for a clan (and I still don't know whether I'll be looking anyway)  Writing this on mobile internet, which I don't intend to use for WoT regularly.

Naughtilus #19 Posted 14 August 2019 - 05:04 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27285 battles
Is it okay to doublepost? Anyway, the issue had been resolved some time ago, but I came to a realisation that I'm perhaps chasing something that doesn't exist, clan-wise, and given that I actually am starting to have fun even solo atm (well, when I'm not getting endlessly frustrated), I'm currently not looking for a clan at least until I figure out in which direction I'm going to compromise.

Edited by Naughtilus, 14 August 2019 - 05:04 PM.

rustysprite #20 Posted 14 August 2019 - 05:24 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22955 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

LOL.... you sound like some of us Dingers  :teethhappy:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users