• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

PraefectusMors #1 Posted 18 July 2019 - 09:08 AM

Private

• Player
  • 53243 battles
  • [PELTI] PELTI

Hello tankers!

I have now reached Tier III prizes on Summer Smash missions and I got "huge" challenge => I have researched all tanks from USA, German and USSR trees so it will be totally useless to take those reward-blueprints unless.... unless someone gives me, hopefully, quite accurate quess or even real info at which of those nations will be next to get some new tanks to their tank tree :) So please, if you have info and can say why you quess what nation it is from these USA, German or USSR... well, I would be grateful to hear it.

And yes, I'm very well aware at UK gets those lights at next :)

Negativvv #2 Posted 18 July 2019 - 09:18 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12115 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

All 3 are well established which is probably why WG are giving them away.

Still take Rashan as you never know what paper WG has ready to go...

WhoCares01 #3 Posted 18 July 2019 - 09:34 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19198 battles

Agree with Negativv on that one - they will always be able to "find" some new Russian designs.

Even though they lately also showed some creativity on the German side, with the tier 8 E-75, or that Ramshield thingy. But whether that makes for tech tree changes that result in new research/BP sinks, that is not yet clear...

Dava_117 #4 Posted 18 July 2019 - 09:42 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22058 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
WG recently said, in a Q&A, that ST-2 will be introduced in the future and that multi-barrelled tanks will have a sub branch. Guess you can get the USSR pack and get ready for that...

Edited by Dava_117, 18 July 2019 - 09:43 AM.

8126Jakobsson #5 Posted 18 July 2019 - 09:47 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 77138 battles

I have grinded all USA and USSR 10's so it's gonna be Germany for me. Maybe I'd like to get my hands on that GW E100 some day…

For the man who has it all I'd suggest USSR or Germany. There's always new Russians in the pipeline and I'd guess the Germans to get wheels before the Americanos.

And then there's the German supertest tanks but they might end up in a bond shop, so who knows.  

TungstenHitman #6 Posted 18 July 2019 - 10:02 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 29706 battles

I could go with any of those nations since there's still plenty of tanks I wouldn't mind getting if they're xp is reduced enough. I'd be tempted to go with Germany since I could pick up that God awful fully upgraded Panther 2 again knowing I'd not have to play it for too long to get the E50 which I'd had my eye on, then there's the option to pick up the St.Emil which I never bought and looks like a painful grind and tank to play but again, with the knowledge it wouldn't take me too long to get that Borsig which looks interesting along with the following snipers in that line.

Murka I could use them to quickly get the T20 med I guess or but the T69 knowing I can reduce the tier9 grind significantly since that T8 looks pretty bad... actually so those the T9 it would only be that very destructive T57 I'd be after but... T10 battles, meh. 

Rasha. Well, most likely for me it's going to be this. I have a lot of really good Ruski crews and there's just so many tanks for me yet to try, most of which look interesting and strong in many classes. You can't go wrong with the Reds. 

Negativvv #7 Posted 18 July 2019 - 10:53 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12115 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

View PostTungstenHitman, on 18 July 2019 - 10:02 AM, said:

I could go with any of those nations since there's still plenty of tanks I wouldn't mind getting if they're xp is reduced enough. I'd be tempted to go with Germany since I could pick up that God awful fully upgraded Panther 2 again knowing I'd not have to play it for too long to get the E50 which I'd had my eye on, then there's the option to pick up the St.Emil which I never bought and looks like a painful grind and tank to play but again, with the knowledge it wouldn't take me too long to get that Borsig which looks interesting along with the following snipers in that line.

I was going to go Rashan myself but I'm currently trying to 3 Mark the Panther I and I want an E50 one day. Like you I figured I might slash down the Panther II grind as I hear it's appalling...

TungstenHitman #8 Posted 18 July 2019 - 11:08 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 29706 battles

View PostNegativvv, on 18 July 2019 - 09:53 AM, said:

I was going to go Rashan myself but I'm currently trying to 3 Mark the Panther I and I want an E50 one day. Like you I figured I might slash down the Panther II grind as I hear it's appalling...

It's not that the Panther 2 is terrible, just that everything else is better, if that makes sense :trollface:

1. It's huge, like Type4 levels of huge, so enemy tanks can't miss it.

2. Being huge is fine if you're a Type4, but you're not, you're a medium tank with really bad armor that everything can pen.

3. It's slow. This is problem when you're huge and have no armor along with no camo.

4. It's not agile. This is a problem when you're huge, have no armor, get spotted all time and so can't reverse behind solid cover as fast as you'd like so you generally eat a shot for every shot you make.

5. It trades badly. It's alpha is generally lessor than everything and every tier you face most battles. So shoot for your damage and eat a returning shot of bigger damage, cry right? 

6. Wobbly German gun handling. So only do you have all the above and knowledge that you're most likely going to eat a shot every time you try and make a shot but there's also the added bonus of not making a shot at all lol.

7. No camo. Already said that yes but this in relation to trying to play it as a ranged support unit. You just can't, it gets spotted immediately and since it's the size of a two story house there's not much where you can hide it anyway or double bush lol and of course as soon as you're spotted, yes you've guessed it, the big giant size and slow mobility, slow agility and zero armor means its all over fast if not by the harder hitting tanks all over the battlefield but by a big fat SPG bomb.

P33K #9 Posted 18 July 2019 - 11:35 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 26008 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 18 July 2019 - 11:08 AM, said:

It's not that the Panther 2 is terrible, just that everything else is better, if that makes sense :trollface:

2. Being huge is fine if you're a Type4, but you're not, you're a medium tank with really bad armor that everything can pen.

3. It's slow. This is problem when you're huge and have no armor along with no camo.

4. It's not agile. This is a problem when you're huge, have no armor, get spotted all time and so can't reverse behind solid cover as fast as you'd like so you generally eat a shot for every shot you make.

5. It trades badly. It's alpha is generally lessor than everything and every tier you face most battles. So shoot for your damage and eat a returning shot of bigger damage, cry right? 

6. Wobbly German gun handling. So only do you have all the above and knowledge that you're most likely going to eat a shot every time you try and make a shot but there's also the added bonus of not making a shot at all lol.

7. No camo. Already said that yes but this in relation to trying to play it as a ranged support unit. You just can't, it gets spotted immediately and since it's the size of a two story house there's not much where you can hide it anyway or double bush lol and of course as soon as you're spotted, yes you've guessed it, the big giant size and slow mobility, slow agility and zero armor means its all over fast if not by the harder hitting tanks all over the battlefield but by a big fat SPG bomb.

It does have 88/L100 gun nowadays though. Imagine the fun with L71 top gun. I still wake up at nights screaming of horror happiness.

Balc0ra #10 Posted 18 July 2019 - 11:45 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 71481 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

The only thing we do know based on recent Q&A's is Russia might get some additions on the ST line. But other than that. Who knows. 

Personally, I'm going Germans. The less I have to play that tier 9 arty to get that done, the better.

Negativvv #11 Posted 18 July 2019 - 11:49 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12115 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

View PostTungstenHitman, on 18 July 2019 - 11:08 AM, said:

Panther I plays fine for me. It has appalling alpha so Panther II will feel good in comparison although you face 500 alpha + monsters in T8 MM...

I had to retrain my German Medium Crew for camo before repairs as otherwise the Panther camo is appalling to the point where you can't even double bush...

Panther series needs a buff, like camo or engines.

TungstenHitman #12 Posted 18 July 2019 - 12:04 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 29706 battles

View PostNegativvv, on 18 July 2019 - 10:49 AM, said:

Panther I plays fine for me. It has appalling alpha so Panther II will feel good in comparison although you face 500 alpha + monsters in T8 MM...

I had to retrain my German Medium Crew for camo before repairs as otherwise the Panther camo is appalling to the point where you can't even double bush...

Panther series needs a buff, like camo or engines.

Ya it definitely needs a buff their a bit long in the tooth these days, have been so for a while and some other German meds got a buff there recently which I'm currently enjoying(ish) with the Leo proto.

You only need compare it the newer T8 medium offerings such as the Panther based Pantera which is so much better and fun to play even for a T8. Which one would of these would you take to FL? A Panther 2 or a Pantera? No contest, the Panther 2(joking). The Pantera measures up very similarly to the Panther 2 which of course the Pantera is based on hence it's name a yet the difference is light years apart. Pantera has way more mobility with a much more powerful engine and lighter tank since it "sacrifices" some hull armor, as though to suggest the trashy Panther 2 has armor lol. It has the same alpha and very similar gun only the Pantera holds 3 shells meaning you play the tank with a 720 alpha mentality rather than a somewhat sad 240 alpha single shooter and for some odd reason, the Panther 2 shell costs around 50% more which means by comparison its like every 3rd shot the Pantera makes is free so its cheaper to run too. Oh and of course the Pantera is very agile, visually sleeker and has really very decent level of camo so you can play it in many different types of roles. 

https://tanks.gg/compare/panther-ii?t=p44-pantera

Edited by TungstenHitman, 18 July 2019 - 12:39 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users