Jump to content


Request: Banana costume for crews

roleplaying

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

PayMore #1 Posted 18 July 2019 - 04:35 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26579 battles
  • 645
  • Member since:
    05-24-2013
I wanna complete my M48 Patton with BABOON inscriptioons with banana costumes for the crew. I cant see that it is available yet, but maybe some WG summer interns could please make it. I would make me happy.

fwhaatpiraat #2 Posted 18 July 2019 - 04:53 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 56539 battles
  • 1,438
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013
This seems rather racist to me.

wsatnutter #3 Posted 18 July 2019 - 05:01 PM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 26334 battles
  • 9,377
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010
this has been given the qpranger seal of a approval that's the hallmark of greatness

PayMore #4 Posted 18 July 2019 - 05:05 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26579 battles
  • 645
  • Member since:
    05-24-2013

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 18 July 2019 - 03:53 PM, said:

This seems rather racist to me.

 

Im sorry that you are offened by this request, but can you please explain how this is racist?

fwhaatpiraat #5 Posted 18 July 2019 - 05:13 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 56539 battles
  • 1,438
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View PostPayMore, on 18 July 2019 - 05:05 PM, said:

 

Im sorry that you are offened by this request, but can you please explain how this is racist?

Not saying that it offends me, just stating that black crew men in banana costumes and 'baboon' inscriptions can be seen as racist.



SaintMaddenus #6 Posted 18 July 2019 - 05:14 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 37419 battles
  • 2,373
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-04-2011
I know a clan that would pay good money for crew skins representing their own personal designs.    Could use a link from Bora here :)

TheComfyChair #7 Posted 18 July 2019 - 05:24 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 8829 battles
  • 1,157
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-20-2017
I would like a crew that all look like Brian Blessed.

Dorander #8 Posted 18 July 2019 - 05:38 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 21025 battles
  • 5,436
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

View PostTheComfyChair, on 18 July 2019 - 04:24 PM, said:

I would like a crew that all look like Brian Blessed.

 

That'd solve the Russian bias issue, as Brian Blessed punches bears.

 

View PostPayMore, on 18 July 2019 - 03:35 PM, said:

I wanna complete my M48 Patton with BABOON inscriptioons with banana costumes for the crew. I cant see that it is available yet, but maybe some WG summer interns could please make it. I would make me happy.

 

We have a tomato costume so a banana costume falls within the same category, as do some other colour-appropriate fruits, but care to explain where the baboon thing comes from?

PayMore #9 Posted 18 July 2019 - 05:53 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26579 battles
  • 645
  • Member since:
    05-24-2013

View PostDorander, on 18 July 2019 - 04:38 PM, said:

 

...baboon thing comes from?

 

You can buy baboon inscription the WG gold shop. Its 50 gold - 300 for all seasons. If you dont have the gold you can earn it by doing 2 ranks in FL.



NUKLEAR_SLUG #10 Posted 18 July 2019 - 06:20 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 33544 battles
  • 4,071
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 18 July 2019 - 05:13 PM, said:

Not saying that it offends me, just stating that black crew men in banana costumes and 'baboon' inscriptions can be seen as racist.

 

Who mentioned black crew men?

8126Jakobsson #11 Posted 18 July 2019 - 06:28 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 77193 battles
  • 4,773
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 18 July 2019 - 05:13 PM, said:

Not saying that it offends me, just stating that black crew men in banana costumes and 'baboon' inscriptions can be seen as racist.

 

woah did you just assume their skin colours? 

Bordhaw #12 Posted 18 July 2019 - 06:42 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 14492 battles
  • 4,502
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostPayMore, on 18 July 2019 - 03:35 PM, said:

I wanna complete my M48 Patton with BABOON inscriptioons with banana costumes for the crew. I cant see that it is available yet, but maybe some WG summer interns could please make it. I would make me happy.

 



PayMore #13 Posted 18 July 2019 - 06:48 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26579 battles
  • 645
  • Member since:
    05-24-2013
Somehow this topic triggered people to turn atleast borderline racist, so I hope WG admin can delete this topic.

kubawt112 #14 Posted 18 July 2019 - 06:49 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 3378 battles
  • 588
  • [-UM] -UM
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostPayMore, on 18 July 2019 - 04:35 PM, said:

I wanna complete my M48 Patton with BABOON inscriptioons with banana costumes for the crew. I cant see that it is available yet, but maybe some WG summer interns could please make it. I would make me happy.

 

This is a pretty low-effort post without some illustrations. Could you, per chance, draw some costumes on these fellas? Thanks.

 

Spoiler

 



TheKing99 #15 Posted 18 July 2019 - 06:54 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1128 battles
  • 4
  • [LGBTQ] LGBTQ
  • Member since:
    11-02-2011

View Postkubawt112, on 18 July 2019 - 05:49 PM, said:

 

This is a pretty low-effort post without some illustrations. Could you, per chance, draw some costumes on these fellas? Thanks.

 

Spoiler

 

 

That photo seems a bit staged.

 

How about this one? It's a way more 'casual', everyday setting:



OIias_of_Sunhillow #16 Posted 18 July 2019 - 07:00 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 25907 battles
  • 3,259
  • Member since:
    07-20-2011

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 18 July 2019 - 03:53 PM, said:

This seems rather racist to me.

 

 

Wait, what ? ....How ?

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 18 July 2019 - 04:13 PM, said:

Not saying that it offends me, just stating that black crew men in banana costumes and 'baboon' inscriptions can be seen as racist.

 

Why are you making racist comments ?

You don't even know which crew member he has in that particular tank.

How do you come to the result that OP's, seemingly genuine, inoffensive request becomes racist ?

Are you that worried about offending anyone, you see bad in any request, and paint any innocent question as a racist remark ..?

 

I'm genuinely gobsmacked at your comments in this thread.  :confused:



vp56 #17 Posted 18 July 2019 - 07:01 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 3424 battles
  • 160
  • [-UM] -UM
  • Member since:
    01-10-2013

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 18 July 2019 - 05:20 PM, said:

 

Who mentioned black crew men?

 

You seriously haven't heard how bananas are used to mock black people? Six million invisible bananas peeled, mate, if not more. Trust me, that's a good number - it's been around for ages.

The caption for the image underneath reads as follows: Liverpool's John Barnes backheels a banana that was thrown onto the pitch during a game at Everton in 1988.

https://www.bbc.com/...otball/46504433



OIias_of_Sunhillow #18 Posted 18 July 2019 - 07:03 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 25907 battles
  • 3,259
  • Member since:
    07-20-2011

View Postvp56, on 18 July 2019 - 06:01 PM, said:

 

You seriously haven't heard how bananas are used to mock black people? Six million invisible bananas peeled, mate, if not more. Trust me, that's a good number - it's been around for ages.

The caption for the image underneath reads as follows: Liverpool's John Barnes backheels a banana that was thrown onto the pitch during a game at Everton in 1988.

https://www.bbc.com/...otball/46504433

 

Why are you and others turning this into a racist thread ?

 



gunslingerXXX #19 Posted 18 July 2019 - 07:11 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 12535 battles
  • 3,108
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014

 

To get back on topic, I think this is what OP wants:

 

Screenshot_20190718-200831.png



fwhaatpiraat #20 Posted 18 July 2019 - 07:15 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 56539 battles
  • 1,438
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View PostOIias_of_Sunhillow, on 18 July 2019 - 07:00 PM, said:

 

 

Wait, what ? ....How ?

 

Why are you making racist comments ?

You don't even know which crew member he has in that particular tank.

How do you come to the result that OP's, seemingly genuine, inoffensive request becomes racist ?

Are you that worried about offending anyone, you see bad in any request, and paint any innocent question as a racist remark ..?

 

I'm genuinely gobsmacked at your comments in this thread.  :confused:

 

I indeed don't know what kind of crew he has in his tank. But let's put watermelon emblems into the game as well, right?





Also tagged with roleplaying

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users