Skorpions' Invasion

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

jack_timber #21 Posted 19 July 2019 - 11:20 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 42141 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Another infestation of Skorpions this weekend then, bring it on ...

SlyMeerkat #22 Posted 19 July 2019 - 11:22 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18818 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-

View PostRicky_Baby, on 19 July 2019 - 10:13 AM, said:

No, it was a post without a comment. Politicians do it all the time,talking without saying anything. 

I know, i was just being facetious :D

Ricky_Baby #23 Posted 19 July 2019 - 11:33 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 74893 battles

View PostSlyMeerkat, on 19 July 2019 - 11:22 AM, said:

I know, i was just being facetious :D

You play your Scorpion well,it takes a lot of skill to do that,so enjoy your new Scorpion.

SlyMeerkat #24 Posted 19 July 2019 - 11:43 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18818 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-

View PostRicky_Baby, on 19 July 2019 - 10:33 AM, said:

You play your Scorpion well,it takes a lot of skill to do that,so enjoy your new Scorpion.

Its an awesome TD, I had the Skinned version for ages and when the Non-Skinned Version came out i got it which for some reason only costed me £15 for Standard so i got it, not like it will break the bank at that price otherwise, i would not of bothered as all

Ricky_Baby #25 Posted 19 July 2019 - 11:54 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 74893 battles

View PostSlyMeerkat, on 19 July 2019 - 11:43 AM, said:

Its an awesome TD, I had the Skinned version for ages and when the Non-Skinned Version came out i got it which for some reason only costed me £15 for Standard so i got it, not like it will break the bank at that price otherwise, i would not of bothered as all

In your case money well spent,you can have a Scorpion G mega marathon,if you die just jump right into the other one. :teethhappy:

SlyMeerkat #26 Posted 19 July 2019 - 01:34 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18818 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-

View PostRicky_Baby, on 19 July 2019 - 10:54 AM, said:

In your case money well spent,you can have a Scorpion G mega marathon,if you die just jump right into the other one. :teethhappy:

Indeed

tomatoRNGmaster #27 Posted 19 July 2019 - 01:55 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 39035 battles
I was going to say this thing is "on offer" so often you might as well just put it in the tech tree, but having premium tanks that are worth buying available for gold people might already have is against company policy isn't it? Heaven forbid they get to use the gold they got from the last bundle(s) they bought on something useful.

Codename_Jelly #28 Posted 19 July 2019 - 05:22 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 18283 battles
How about putting all premiums in the ingame tree.

Profesor_Baltazar #29 Posted 19 July 2019 - 07:54 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20087 battles
  • [-M_C-] -M_C-

View PostTungstenHitman, on 19 July 2019 - 08:49 AM, said:

I was really keen to get this tank for ages and got it recently but tbh I was disappointed with it and don't play it much. Gun is great but it's just a gigantic sized tank with terrible camo so you can sort of guess how being a delicate paper box and a sniper doesn't really play into being gigantic and having bad camo.

By comparison, the SU 130 PM is just, imo, a way better TD. It's not as fast as the skorp and it doesn't have a full traverse turret but for the role these TD's serve and their delicate build, non of that matters, the SU is low profile and has half decent camo which means it can remain unseen, utilize much more areas of cover the big lanky Skorp cannot and therefore like I said, the SU is just better at being the TD.  

For me, the plan was to get the Skorp to complement my SU, and use both during a credit building session with some PR's popped to make best use of the PR's and not waste any time. Should one get destroyed before battles end, I can quickly go back to the garage and play the other, no wasted time. At least, that was the plan, but like I say, it didn't really work out like that since the Skorp was not as efficient as the SU and so since it just gets spotted all the time instead I continue to run with my SU and WZ combo for credit grinding sessions. 

On a final note, I notice my 15% discount does not work on the standard package which is not a deal or anything so there is no reason that I can see for this discount not to work and very much not cool WG. It is a standard package at around €40, no discounts, no extra's, so no reason for this discount not to apply. That's not cool at all. Obviously for me personally I already have a skorp but if I didn't, was waiting for this opportunity or if it was another tank I don't have but was waiting for, its really bad taste. 

You simply CAN'T put Skorpion G and SU-130 PM into the same formula, SU-130 PM is similar to Rhm.- Borsig Wft., where Skorpion G excells over SU-130 PM is: mobility and accuracy, and in nowday gameplay it is precious gem. On the other side SU excells in cammo over Skorpion G, but I choose anyday first one! (0.29 over 0.34 dispersion)

TungstenHitman #30 Posted 19 July 2019 - 09:58 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 31767 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

View PostProfesor_Baltazar, on 19 July 2019 - 06:54 PM, said:

You simply CAN'T put Skorpion G and SU-130 PM into the same formula, SU-130 PM is similar to Rhm.- Borsig Wft., where Skorpion G excells over SU-130 PM is: mobility and accuracy, and in nowday gameplay it is precious gem. On the other side SU excells in cammo over Skorpion G, but I choose anyday first one! (0.29 over 0.34 dispersion)

nah they're about the same when if comes to the accuracy tbh. Don't read too much into on paper accuracy in practice they are both about the same, both excellent. The SU actually has more favorable ammo layout too and slightly higher alpha per shot which starts to tell across several shots. The SU has the more stable and user friendly ammo type. Let me explain. The Skorp has AP as standard but its slower than the SU which is not ideal for ranged shots on moving targets but it's not far behind for shell velocity but still inferior none the less. Then when both TD's should have to use premium ammo, the SU shell velocity remains exactly the same good speed as the standard AP while the Skorps premium ammo is faster then it's standard AP. This means you have to make no adjustment to aiming for the SU since its exactly the same whereas with the SkorpG you have to adjust to compensate the correct lead for it's different ammo speeds, not so much for when you switch from standard to premium since faster is easier but when you switch back to standard again. It's not a massive difference but it's still requiring some of your concentration better served on map awareness and what you are going to do next along with increasing the possibility of missing a shot due to not leading your standard shot enough after you were used to firing several faster premium ammo, not a concern for the SU.

Then there's the premium ammo as a type. Firstly, the SU has more pen, 320 vs the Skorps 309, not much but when the armor you are shooting at is around 300mm effective, this is definitely a big advantage. You might think the Skorp would pen anyway but in fact it shoots APCR for it's premium and so it will lose penetration value over distance and since this is a ranged sniper, the distance will be big, so by the time it hits that 300mm of armor, the pen has dropped from 309 to more like 288 and so it does not pen. It is also APCR which has bad normalization and with so many tanks with extreme armor sloping and curves, this is not too surprising to bounce even if it has the value to pen the armor its shooting. For the SU, this is not a problem and not the case. As mentioned, it's premium ammo has the same shell velocity as its standard AP, over 1000, which is pretty good for a big caliber gun. But where the Skorp shoots APCR for premium ammo, the SU shoots HEAT. So, when it shoots the same tank with the 300mm of effective armor, it does not lose any penetration value across distance and so when it hits it will still be for 320mm and not the Skorps 288 and so it will burn a big 130mm hole in that armor for a successful 520 alpha strike. Also, if the armor is well sloped or curved, HEAT has much better normalization and so it is much more likely to pen where the Skorps APCR will bounce. 

So, overall, when you factor the gun characteristics and combine that to a both tanks being paper delicate TD's who's main role is to snipe and not be seen, the SU is imo the better package, both the gun, the ammo choice, the low profile which is easier to keep out of view and can utilize bushes and locations the much taller Skorp simply cannot plus the SU has better camo too. The skorp is faster and has a 360 deg turret, this is all it has really that is superior to the SU, those are good things to have but not worth the trade for being spotted all the time, unable to use a lot of typical for forward TD areas and having to play further back than I can typically play with the SU. Don't get me wrong, I like the Skorp, it's a very good TD, it has an excellent gun, but was disappointing from what I was expecting and certainly not very covert and stealthy... which is a thing when you're made from cardboard and really can't afford to big that big and easily seen.  

PhantomMajor #31 Posted 19 July 2019 - 10:22 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 17010 battles

don't worry about it guys, 12 months from now WG will bludgeon it to death with the nerf bat. it will then be for sale at €12:99 and it wont be able to scuff the paint on a lol tractor but it will be an excellent deal to buy in the eyes of WG.

here's an idea WG sell the *EDIT* Tiger 131, you know the tank that people actually want to buy!

Edited by shindyGG, 21 July 2019 - 09:40 AM.
Inappropriate remarks

Profesor_Baltazar #32 Posted 19 July 2019 - 10:49 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20087 battles
  • [-M_C-] -M_C-

View PostTungstenHitman, on 19 July 2019 - 08:58 PM, said:

nah they're about the same when if comes to the accuracy tbh. Don't read too much into on paper accuracy in practice they are both about the same, both excellent. The SU actually has more favorable ammo layout too and slightly higher alpha per shot which starts to tell across several shots. The SU has the more stable and user friendly ammo type. Let me explain. The Skorp has AP as standard but its slower than the SU which is not ideal for ranged shots on moving targets but it's not far behind for shell velocity but still inferior none the less. Then when both TD's should have to use premium ammo, the SU shell velocity remains exactly the same good speed as the standard AP while the Skorps premium ammo is faster then it's standard AP. This means you have to make no adjustment to aiming for the SU since its exactly the same whereas with the SkorpG you have to adjust to compensate the correct lead for it's different ammo speeds, not so much for when you switch from standard to premium since faster is easier but when you switch back to standard again. It's not a massive difference but it's still requiring some of your concentration better served on map awareness and what you are going to do next along with increasing the possibility of missing a shot due to not leading your standard shot enough after you were used to firing several faster premium ammo, not a concern for the SU.

Then there's the premium ammo as a type. Firstly, the SU has more pen, 320 vs the Skorps 309, not much but when the armor you are shooting at is around 300mm effective, this is definitely a big advantage. You might think the Skorp would pen anyway but in fact it shoots APCR for it's premium and so it will lose penetration value over distance and since this is a ranged sniper, the distance will be big, so by the time it hits that 300mm of armor, the pen has dropped from 309 to more like 288 and so it does not pen. It is also APCR which has bad normalization and with so many tanks with extreme armor sloping and curves, this is not too surprising to bounce even if it has the value to pen the armor its shooting. For the SU, this is not a problem and not the case. As mentioned, it's premium ammo has the same shell velocity as its standard AP, over 1000, which is pretty good for a big caliber gun. But where the Skorp shoots APCR for premium ammo, the SU shoots HEAT. So, when it shoots the same tank with the 300mm of effective armor, it does not lose any penetration value across distance and so when it hits it will still be for 320mm and not the Skorps 288 and so it will burn a big 130mm hole in that armor for a successful 520 alpha strike. Also, if the armor is well sloped or curved, HEAT has much better normalization and so it is much more likely to pen where the Skorps APCR will bounce. 

So, overall, when you factor the gun characteristics and combine that to a both tanks being paper delicate TD's who's main role is to snipe and not be seen, the SU is imo the better package, both the gun, the ammo choice, the low profile which is easier to keep out of view and can utilize bushes and locations the much taller Skorp simply cannot plus the SU has better camo too. The skorp is faster and has a 360 deg turret, this is all it has really that is superior to the SU, those are good things to have but not worth the trade for being spotted all the time, unable to use a lot of typical for forward TD areas and having to play further back than I can typically play with the SU. Don't get me wrong, I like the Skorp, it's a very good TD, it has an excellent gun, but was disappointing from what I was expecting and certainly not very covert and stealthy... which is a thing when you're made from cardboard and really can't afford to big that big and easily seen.  

I'm not talking about paper, I have 5 skill crew on both and I know what I talk about, pen is irelevant because 320 vs 309 is nothing, if you miss what you aim. SU knows to get in to the series, but Skorp is razer precise, I play no tank like it. When you play 2-3 games, you get the feeling for aiming, SU and Skorp are no M4A1, but they can shoot and have good shell velocity, no need for gold. Maybe for random, SU is better, but for Frontline, team battles, clan wars, etc., SKORPION G eats him because you can play plenty of roles, even like medium, while SU is for only one thing - snipe. 

TungstenHitman #33 Posted 20 July 2019 - 12:20 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 31767 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

View PostProfesor_Baltazar, on 19 July 2019 - 09:49 PM, said:

I'm not talking about paper, I have 5 skill crew on both and I know what I talk about, pen is irelevant because 320 vs 309 is nothing, if you miss what you aim. SU knows to get in to the series, but Skorp is razer precise, I play no tank like it. When you play 2-3 games, you get the feeling for aiming, SU and Skorp are no M4A1, but they can shoot and have good shell velocity, no need for gold. Maybe for random, SU is better, but for Frontline, team battles, clan wars, etc., SKORPION G eats him because you can play plenty of roles, even like medium, while SU is for only one thing - snipe. 

No, penetration drop off is not irrelevant nor is a two paper armored TD's with one that can hide and has camo vs one that is the size of a two story building and has no camo and you don't know what you're talking about since you can only achieve 47% win rate with both while I have around a 60% win rate with both. This means you lose more often than win while I win more often than lose. For a sniper tank that cannot brawl outside of being in a comforable position vs noobs or can vs lower tiers with hp to trade shot for shot then no the SkorpG is not better its just not... vs stonk T8 wallet tanks, T9 armor and T10 armor the SU is better and across long distance snipping 320 HEAT is always 320 while 309 across long ranges falls off to 288 and bounces like a *EDIT* so bounce aspects of the Skorps APCR is a case of -30+ pen compared to the SU and much less tolerant to angles and curves of armor. Overall, SU is a better TD. Like I said, Skorp is a great TD, one of the best, but its not better, nor on parity with the SU, not for the role it has to fill nor for the vulnerability both share, the SU has the attributes to make that sort of failing work, the Skorp does not.

Edited by shindyGG, 21 July 2019 - 09:41 AM.
Inappropriate remarks

Profesor_Baltazar #34 Posted 20 July 2019 - 04:05 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20087 battles
  • [-M_C-] -M_C-
It doesn't matter what WR I have, but talking about precision that it is only on papper is nonsense! As I told you SU droops into the series of misses, little but enough to ding (and also it can mis the whole tank), while Skorp is precise without exception. 288 pen is enough even for noobs like me.

Gruff_ #35 Posted 20 July 2019 - 01:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23820 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Interesting to read comments about the Skorpion from users, they always seem to do well in teams I play in and I hadn't noticed their camo being bad playing against them.  It's one of the few prems I wouldn't mind owning as I have an old Stug G crew sat not getting much play in the tier 6 TD JgPzIV.

Uldix #36 Posted 20 July 2019 - 02:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7794 battles

View PostStinkyCamper, on 19 July 2019 - 05:39 AM, said:

Everyone and their dogs already   have this.

Deam, this mean that I and my dog are nobody, because we don't have it and probably won't have it in nearest future. 

tomatoRNGmaster #37 Posted 20 July 2019 - 03:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 39035 battles

View PostUldix, on 20 July 2019 - 02:59 PM, said:

Deam, this mean that I and my dog are nobody, because we don't have it and probably won't have it in nearest future. 

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Most dogs aren't that fond of scorpions, let alone skorpions.

StinkyCamper #38 Posted 21 July 2019 - 02:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27139 battles
  • [SCBL] SCBL

Did SU-130 gun was nerfed  to 130 mm  or it was 130 mm all along. Somehow i remember it was 140 mm.

Edited by StinkyCamper, 21 July 2019 - 02:04 PM.

DrewPeacock_1 #39 Posted 21 July 2019 - 07:39 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 27938 battles
  • [T_I_A] T_I_A

To be honest I don't like mine at all. I prefer the Kanonanpanzer, the Steyr WT, E25, basically any German TD other than this. Seems to have no camo and sticks out like a sore thumb. Had the odd really good game, but generally sh!te. I find the rounds bounce with alarming regularity as well. 

Batschana #40 Posted 21 July 2019 - 08:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21763 battles

Hey guys,

is there a way to swap a Skorpion G with a Skorpion without camo?

The shop just tells me to pay another 40 bucks for it which i surely wont do.

Kind regards

Bats

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users