Jump to content


Team Damage (v.1.6): Will my tank become visible for the enemy?

Team Damage Team Blue Revealed by team Update 1.6

  • Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Randomar #1 Posted 19 July 2019 - 02:41 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 26885 battles
  • 106
  • Member since:
    10-18-2015
With the Version 1.6 we will get the opportunity to damage our team without punishment.
So far we turned into a blue player if we was ramming, shifting and shooting at the green team.
 
I am sure it will bring a lot of fun and new players into World of Tanks.:sceptic:
 
I would like to have answered one question:
After I have been rammed, shifted and shot at from the green team, will I become visible for the enemy?


Nishi_Kinuyo #2 Posted 19 July 2019 - 02:49 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 8799 battles
  • 6,046
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

View PostRandomar, on 19 July 2019 - 02:41 PM, said:

With the Version 1.6 we will get the opportunity to damage our team without punishment.
So far we turned into a blue player if we was ramming, shifting and shooting at the green team.
 
I am sure it will bring a lot of fun and new players into World of Tanks.:sceptic:
 
I would like to have answered one question:
After I have been rammed, shifted and shot at from the green team, will I become visible for the enemy?

So it can be abused even harder to get the ally you're pushing killed?

I hope not.



Shivvering #3 Posted 19 July 2019 - 03:13 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 33150 battles
  • 293
  • Member since:
    09-24-2011
Guessing if you are rammed out in view of an enemy - probably?!

NekoPuffer_PPP #4 Posted 19 July 2019 - 04:43 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 33696 battles
  • 3,824
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

They need to disable tank collision physics between allies when one of them is stationary in order to prevent this. It's the only way.

 

To make it clearer: with disabled collision physics, ramming a stationary ally or trying to push him would not move their tank at all, and would not affect their aim either. It would be the equivalent of ramming an indestructible building.



xx984 #5 Posted 19 July 2019 - 05:29 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 62555 battles
  • 3,101
  • [MVPS] MVPS
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 19 July 2019 - 03:43 PM, said:

They need to disable tank collision physics between allies when one of them is stationary in order to prevent this. It's the only way.

 

To make it clearer: with disabled collision physics, ramming a stationary ally or trying to push him would not move their tank at all, and would not affect their aim either. It would be the equivalent of ramming an indestructible building.

 

so then people would sit being an ally so they cant pull back into cover when they need etc, there is no way of fixing it

NekoPuffer_PPP #6 Posted 19 July 2019 - 05:57 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 33696 battles
  • 3,824
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View Postxx984, on 19 July 2019 - 06:29 PM, said:

so then people would sit being an ally so they cant pull back into cover when they need etc, there is no way of fixing it

 

The way is, you don't pull out if you know there's a troll on your rear.

 

It at least for certain fixes one side of the issue, an ally being pushed out of cover instead of preventing retreat, which remains to be something you'd have to pay attention to for your own good.

 

It's just the way it is. In such a game, trolls can't be stopped without completely breaking gameplay. The permanent fix would be tanks phasing through eachother like ghosts...but that wouldn't be a tank game anymore. That's why player support exists, to patch up what the game can't prevent on its own.


Edited by NekoPuffer_PPP, 19 July 2019 - 05:58 PM.


ExclamationMark #7 Posted 19 July 2019 - 06:29 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 16788 battles
  • 4,405
  • [IDEAD] IDEAD
  • Member since:
    04-12-2013

I've played maybe 50 games on the CT, and I can safely say that this would be yet another terrible addition to WoT.



xx984 #8 Posted 19 July 2019 - 06:39 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 62555 battles
  • 3,101
  • [MVPS] MVPS
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 19 July 2019 - 04:57 PM, said:

 

The way is, you don't pull out if you know there's a troll on your rear.

 

It at least for certain fixes one side of the issue, an ally being pushed out of cover instead of preventing retreat, which remains to be something you'd have to pay attention to for your own good.

 

It's just the way it is. In such a game, trolls can't be stopped without completely breaking gameplay. The permanent fix would be tanks phasing through eachother like ghosts...but that wouldn't be a tank game anymore. That's why player support exists, to patch up what the game can't prevent on its own.

 

Just yesterday an Allied IS-7 came up and sat behind me on G1 in ruinberg so i couldnt pull back, Non provoked, out of nowhere. no real way for me to know as i was in sniper actively shooting at the enemy team.

 

Alot of cases you can tell and then not poke out as an example, but not everytime. 



Yakito #9 Posted 19 July 2019 - 06:43 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 19968 battles
  • 1,432
  • Member since:
    05-03-2011

Even now, without team damage disabled it sometimes happens.
Bigger tanks with bad camo park behind a scout or a medium, fire and get spotted. The hidden tank eats the shell.
I lost half of my hp from a barrage a few days ago because a grille came up behind me and got spotted.

 

And to answer your actual question. No. Why would you ever be spotted for getting shot? Do you become spotted if an enemy manages to hit you when you're invisible?


Edited by Yakito, 19 July 2019 - 07:06 PM.


Randomar #10 Posted 19 July 2019 - 07:03 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 26885 battles
  • 106
  • Member since:
    10-18-2015
I am mainly asking because:
Let's say you are in the middle of the map, passive scouting behind a bush.
 
Then you hear something you have never heard before: Light, go spotting! :facepalm:
Up from version 1.6 will that demand be strengthened with a couple of rounds in your 4ss.
So far, you have been revealed by this.
 
We should find a way to clarify that in the beta.
All we need is players in the opposite team who are connected by teamspeak.
 

I have another question that interests many players:
Under what circumstances I become blue now?
 
Edith's 4ss

Edited by Randomar, 19 July 2019 - 07:05 PM.


Bordhaw #11 Posted 19 July 2019 - 07:47 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 14492 battles
  • 4,502
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostRandomar, on 19 July 2019 - 01:41 PM, said:

I would like to have answered one question:
After I have been rammed, shifted and shot at from the green team, will I become visible for the enemy?

 

*edited*


Edited by G_Bg_82, 20 July 2019 - 10:27 AM.
edited due to not constructive content


NekoPuffer_PPP #12 Posted 19 July 2019 - 09:13 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 33696 battles
  • 3,824
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View Postxx984, on 19 July 2019 - 07:39 PM, said:

Just yesterday an Allied IS-7 came up and sat behind me on G1 in ruinberg so i couldnt pull back, Non provoked, out of nowhere. no real way for me to know as i was in sniper actively shooting at the enemy team.

 

Alot of cases you can tell and then not poke out as an example, but not everytime. 

 

So? Could you have moved him back by reversing into him? No. So the change I suggested would make zero difference there.

 

If he wanted to let you pull back, he'd do so, and it would work the same with my change.

 

It's only to stop pushing people out of cover, not to stop blocking their retreat. It at least eliminates that.



Randomar #13 Posted 19 July 2019 - 09:39 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 26885 battles
  • 106
  • Member since:
    10-18-2015

 

 
I would like to have answered one question:
After I have been rammed, shifted and shot at from the green team, will I become visible for the enemy?

View PostBordhaw, on 19 July 2019 - 07:47 PM, said:

 

*edited*

 

 

*edited*

 


Edited by G_Bg_82, 20 July 2019 - 10:26 AM.
edited due to off topic content


NekoPuffer_PPP #14 Posted 19 July 2019 - 09:55 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 33696 battles
  • 3,824
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostRandomar, on 19 July 2019 - 10:39 PM, said:

@Bordhaw
The admins here allow postings consisting out of unrelated GiFs without content, together with only a silly full quote.
I have recognized that behaviour of yours in every other thread. I consider that as spam.

When you can not clarify yourself in a few lines of text, that tells more about you than me.

In the future, please reread your postings before you post and stay on topic.
Otherwise, stay out of my threads.
Thanks for your understanding.

 

You are new here. Bordhaw is our gif-communicator of the forum.

 

I think you're the one who doesn't understand.



OmniWalou #15 Posted 20 July 2019 - 02:42 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 452 battles
  • 398
  • Member since:
    04-13-2019

View Postxx984, on 19 July 2019 - 05:29 PM, said:

 

so then people would sit being an ally so they cant pull back into cover when they need etc, there is no way of fixing it

 

And that's why people need to report such behavior, and we need to spread knowledge of reporting physics abusers (unprovoked and intentional ones) to CS so they will be punished accordingly.
01:50 Added after 8 minutes

View Postxx984, on 19 July 2019 - 06:39 PM, said:

Just yesterday an Allied IS-7 came up and sat behind me on G1 in ruinberg so i couldnt pull back, Non provoked, out of nowhere. no real way for me to know as i was in sniper actively shooting at the enemy team.

Alot of cases you can tell and then not poke out as an example, but not everytime. 

 

I'm curious to know. Did you watch the replay of the battle to see if it was intentional or just accidental? If it was intentional, did you report it? If you didn't report it, then why didn't you? If you don't report such behaviour, you are enabling it.

RamRaid90 #16 Posted 20 July 2019 - 08:26 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 25252 battles
  • 6,943
  • [DID0] DID0
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostRandomar, on 19 July 2019 - 06:03 PM, said:

I am mainly asking because:
Let's say you are in the middle of the map, passive scouting behind a bush.
 
Then you hear something you have never heard before: Light, go spotting! :facepalm:
Up from version 1.6 will that demand be strengthened with a couple of rounds in your 4ss.
So far, you have been revealed by this.

 

You have NEVER been revealed to the enemy by being shot at, that is not a thing.

 

 

I have another question that interests many players:
Under what circumstances I become blue now?
 
According to the video, becoming blue is still possible and at that point the new mechanics will stop working on the blue player, allowing allies to treat him/her as they wish. Arty can still stun allies, which counts as team damage and will turn you blue. They haven't revealed exactly how you can become blue in the new patch, but I hope it's still the same way as now. This will prevent people from just spamming shells everywhere without thinking about hitting allies and make them think more about their shots.

 

Answers ^^

8126Jakobsson #17 Posted 20 July 2019 - 09:05 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 77179 battles
  • 4,772
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 19 July 2019 - 04:43 PM, said:

They need to disable tank collision physics between allies when one of them is stationary in order to prevent this. It's the only way.

 

To make it clearer: with disabled collision physics, ramming a stationary ally or trying to push him would not move their tank at all, and would not affect their aim either. It would be the equivalent of ramming an indestructible building.

 

So I cannot get help when I'm laying on my side in need of a friendly nudge to get back on tracks? :(

NekoPuffer_PPP #18 Posted 20 July 2019 - 09:41 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 33696 battles
  • 3,824
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 20 July 2019 - 10:05 AM, said:

So I cannot get help when I'm laying on my side in need of a friendly nudge to get back on tracks? :(

 

I'm sure something could be done, like, make your tank moveable if one of your tracks is not in contact with the ground.

 

But what I actually had in mind was your tank being "fortified" if you're not using movement controls. So if you need help you'd just press either one of the WASD keys.

 

They mentioned adding a marker for flipped allies to notify other teammates, so that's one improvement...



Shivvering #19 Posted 20 July 2019 - 09:49 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 33150 battles
  • 293
  • Member since:
    09-24-2011

View Postxx984, on 19 July 2019 - 06:39 PM, said:

 

Just yesterday an Allied IS-7 came up and sat behind me on G1 in ruinberg so i couldnt pull back, Non provoked, out of nowhere. no real way for me to know as i was in sniper actively shooting at the enemy team.

 

Alot of cases you can tell and then not poke out as an example, but not everytime. 

 

You were in his bush.

It's his bush.

You should have known better.



Gremlin182 #20 Posted 20 July 2019 - 09:59 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 56175 battles
  • 9,310
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

Ideally make a system that removes persistent abusers.

You have to take into account that there will always be idiots so team damage no team damage players will shoot friendlies, same with pushing.

Removing the ability to cause damage to friendlies is a good change as long as the action of hitting a friendly tank is still logged and punished.

FF is fairly rare in my games its something that does not happen every day or even every week so I will barely notice it.

 

Its tempting to do something about pushing but what.

If you have a situation where a stationary tank cannot be pushed that causes problems as sometimes you need to push a tank such as when its flipped or on its side.

Then again when someone parks behind you and you cannot pull back into cover.

That one would definitely get abused and it would be hard for the game to detect a problem.

 

Just set it up so someone who does it on a regular basis get punished and eventually taken out of the game.


Edited by Gremlin182, 20 July 2019 - 10:01 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users