Jump to content


Tier X vs Tier IX


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

D34THNOTE #1 Posted 20 July 2019 - 11:49 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 14329 battles
  • 65
  • [SI-S] SI-S
  • Member since:
    05-22-2011

Hi!

 

As I am at the gate of entering Leopard 1 after great Leopard PT A I'm starting to wonder, are Tier Xs really worth it? 

 

Buying Leo 1 I'd have to retrain crew and all that stuff, I'd get a bit more DPM, gun handling and I believe 10m view range, losing ability to meet tier 7 tanks and always having to fight against other tier X tanks

 

As I generally play tier XIII probably 80% of my games I never really checked for myself if it's worth it, I heard opinions that tier Xs are generally regarded as not really fun to play but I don't know this for myself, though I have 2 tier X tanks and I never play them 

 

So, are tier Xs really that bad in terms of fun from playing, and most importantly for me, is it worth to jump into Leo 1 from leo PTA?



Zoltan1251 #2 Posted 20 July 2019 - 11:54 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 13751 battles
  • 702
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
  • Member since:
    02-27-2013
great tank... definitely worth it now.... problem is tier X meta....

lnfernaI #3 Posted 21 July 2019 - 12:53 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 33385 battles
  • 4,510
  • [ICYA] ICYA
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012

tier X vs tier IX thread #3243275893425904354358938053745749830572934758934790854379805789234578943789529384589703405574983057293475893479085437980578923457894378952938458970340557498305729347589347908543798057892345789437895293845897034055749830572934758934790854379805789234578943789529384589703405574983057293475893479085437980578923457894378952938458970340557498305729347589347908543798057892345789437895293845897034055749830572934758934790854379805789234578943789529384589703405

 

tier x - cw tanks (not all, some are complete trash), require lots of credits for above-average performance (read as - enjoyment of the game).

tier ix - depending on tank, some are keepers, but mostly just more suffering due to 70% of tier x games.



D34THNOTE #4 Posted 21 July 2019 - 01:07 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 14329 battles
  • 65
  • [SI-S] SI-S
  • Member since:
    05-22-2011

View PostlnfernaI, on 20 July 2019 - 11:53 PM, said:

tier X vs tier IX thread #3243275893425904354358938053745749830572934758934790854379805789234578943789529384589703405574983057293475893479085437980578923457894378952938458970340557498305729347589347908543798057892345789437895293845897034055749830572934758934790854379805789234578943789529384589703405574983057293475893479085437980578923457894378952938458970340557498305729347589347908543798057892345789437895293845897034055749830572934758934790854379805789234578943789529384589703405

 

tier x - cw tanks (not all, some are complete trash), require lots of credits for above-average performance (read as - enjoyment of the game).

tier ix - depending on tank, some are keepers, but mostly just more suffering due to 70% of tier x games.

 

can't complain about matchmaking now though, and really it's almost like Leo 1 just lower dpm

Negativvv #5 Posted 21 July 2019 - 01:18 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 12262 battles
  • 1,579
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-08-2015

Hmmm there are some T9s that I intend to keep.

 

The E50 when I grind to it. T30 whenever I unlock it.

 

Probably the AMX 13 90 and T-54 Lwt as I believe T10 LTs have a hard time.

 

Currently have both the Skoda and Standard B which I'll be holding onto for awhile.

 

T9 is actually a nice tier for learning once you understand how the game works more or less. As T10 is brutal and I still stay away from it now.

 

 



Dorander #6 Posted 21 July 2019 - 03:30 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 21025 battles
  • 5,473
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

If you want bonds they're easiest to get at tier X. Tier for tier, tier IX is far better balanced. It doesn't even matter if you get a tier X game, Leo PTA performs fine against tier X (it's paper so you can't push with it anyway) and there's 10 enemy tier IX to hit, only 5 tier X anyway. If you get a full tier X game in your Leo 1, which happens more these days now that they reduced the frequency of 3-5-7 template, you have a very niche tank on the field. It's not bad, but it's only good for sniping, if the map or the team doesn't give you the opportunity to put your Leo 1 in play it gets punished a lot harder at tier X than the PTA does at tier IX.

 

Thing is if I absolutely had to choose, I'd rather keep my PTA rather than get the Leo 1 and move the crew up. Tier for tier it just works better even though they play virtually identically. I'd also hate to play the PTA with an unupgraded crew again, same for the Leo 1 anyway, I chucked a few million of crew training books in there because those tanks don't work without 2-3 crewskills.



BeefCrtinBandit #7 Posted 21 July 2019 - 03:35 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6979 battles
  • 655
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
  • Member since:
    05-03-2016

View PostD34THNOTE, on 21 July 2019 - 01:07 AM, said:

 

can't complain about matchmaking now though, and really it's almost like Leo 1 just lower dpm

 

lolwut

PowJay #8 Posted 21 July 2019 - 04:43 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 39304 battles
  • 5,234
  • Member since:
    09-07-2012

I have no desire to chase tier X vehicles. The performance required to achieve a positive WR appears to be massively greater than that required in lower tiers. As you are constantly top or equal tier you can't afford to waste time bimbling around the battlefield hoping someone else might carry you. With great power comes great responsibility. 

 

I've owned four tier X in my nearly 40,000 battles. I've sold two and I'm debating selling the Grille 15. Although I'm not at my best at tier IX, I have reasonable performance in the E50, Cent 7/1, M103 and T30, but I've no intention of getting the following vehicles. The E50M has been researched for quite a while now.



D34THNOTE #9 Posted 21 July 2019 - 09:55 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 14329 battles
  • 65
  • [SI-S] SI-S
  • Member since:
    05-22-2011

View PostDorander, on 21 July 2019 - 02:30 AM, said:

If you want bonds they're easiest to get at tier X. Tier for tier, tier IX is far better balanced. It doesn't even matter if you get a tier X game, Leo PTA performs fine against tier X (it's paper so you can't push with it anyway) and there's 10 enemy tier IX to hit, only 5 tier X anyway. If you get a full tier X game in your Leo 1, which happens more these days now that they reduced the frequency of 3-5-7 template, you have a very niche tank on the field. It's not bad, but it's only good for sniping, if the map or the team doesn't give you the opportunity to put your Leo 1 in play it gets punished a lot harder at tier X than the PTA does at tier IX.

 

Thing is if I absolutely had to choose, I'd rather keep my PTA rather than get the Leo 1 and move the crew up. Tier for tier it just works better even though they play virtually identically. I'd also hate to play the PTA with an unupgraded crew again, same for the Leo 1 anyway, I chucked a few million of crew training books in there because those tanks don't work without 2-3 crewskills.

 

that's kinda exactly what I tried to say, tier IX seems just so balanced and vehicles from tier IX aren't really all that different from their tier X "upgraded" versions

 

guess it's time to research french light tanks 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users