skorpion balance bwt

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

dan_dix #21 Posted 22 July 2019 - 01:02 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18119 battles

View PostThinGun, on 22 July 2019 - 10:02 AM, said:

Plus, there's something very manly about having the longest weapon on the map.

I think he meant the 15cm gun which is rather short but punches hard (750damage). I'll stop here before making any further innuendos that may get myself banned

Back to the original topic - yes, the Skorpion and the RHmB are not comparable as they have different playstyles, but it should also be pretty obvious why the Skorpion is in fact the "better" tank as the current meta favours it a lot more. It takes skill to play both yes, and both can be effective given the right circumstances, but the Skorpion can be more effective more often and not so dependent on the map or the team. Primarly, the Skorpion is far more mobile and can get out of trouble if played properly. The RHmB needs to be played very very carefully, to make sure you do not get spotted or bumrushed, and that you don't get into a place where that may happen - otherwise you have very little chance to escape and a quick death ensues. You see how the current trend in the game goes in favour of the Skorpion

Bulldog_Drummond #22 Posted 22 July 2019 - 07:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32663 battles

View PostThinGun, on 22 July 2019 - 09:02 AM, said:

Plus, there's something very manly about having the longest weapon on the map.

It's the width more than the length of a gun that gives pleasure
18:36 Added after 4 minutes

View Postdan_dix, on 22 July 2019 - 12:02 PM, said:

I think he meant the 15cm gun which is rather short but punches hard (750damage). I'll stop here before making any further innuendos that may get myself banned

Back to the original topic - yes, the Skorpion and the RHmB are not comparable as they have different playstyles, but it should also be pretty obvious why the Skorpion is in fact the "better" tank as the current meta favours it a lot more. It takes skill to play both yes, and both can be effective given the right circumstances, but the Skorpion can be more effective more often and not so dependent on the map or the team. Primarly, the Skorpion is far more mobile and can get out of trouble if played properly. The RHmB needs to be played very very carefully, to make sure you do not get spotted or bumrushed, and that you don't get into a place where that may happen - otherwise you have very little chance to escape and a quick death ensues. You see how the current trend in the game goes in favour of the Skorpion

While this may be true, I will stand by what I have been saying for years, which is that you need to be quite a decent player to make the Skorp work.  I have a pathetic 38% win rate in mine and yet, almost incredibly, I am ranked as better than 28% of other players in it.  The mind boggles at how bad that 28% must be in it.

samuelx43a #23 Posted 23 July 2019 - 10:09 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25981 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I had the borsig(now a grille 15) and recently bought the nude skorp a couple days ago. They play very differently.

with the grille, you can hide behind a bush, and not have a care in the world, you won't get spotted that easily if you know how to hide well. Both guns are competitive, but I preferred golfing with the 15cm, because 750 alpha and because it can also work in close range, which will happen more times than you can imagine.

the skorp has to rely on the mobility. It is its trump card after all. When I was in the borsig, staying still and waiting for peeps to come to you was the game.

the skorp can do the same, but I much prefer to stay in one place for a while, then relocate with my insane mobility, and continue. It can also close range snapshot and half medium tank quite well, but you must be careful

ThinGun #24 Posted 23 July 2019 - 01:16 PM

Major

• Player
  • 39290 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 22 July 2019 - 07:31 PM, said:

It's the width more than the length of a gun that gives pleasure

Don't beleive everything you're told.  Long weapons are greatly admired by all.  Short, fat ones ... not so much.

iztok #25 Posted 24 July 2019 - 10:52 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35215 battles

All my other TDs have WR around 60%, with SkorpG I struggled to get it over 50%. SkorpG is IMX highly situational TD. :(

Also tagged with skorpion, balance, bwt

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users