How to counter scout-rushing and lemmingtrains?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

DailySnailyGame #1 Posted 21 July 2019 - 06:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2520 battles
  • [I__G] I__G

Hello there,

I'm a new player just trying to get better every day and I was wondering how to counter these two situations:|

1. The enemy team has two or more experienced light tanks that rush towards all our key positions and effectively shut them down for our team, whilst our light tanks are not proactive in any way. How do you fight this if the enemy team spots your entire team and restricts movement?
2. You're on one of the flank, half your team is there so there wasn't the mistake of going alone, however the lemmingtrain of the enemy just shows up and you just happen to be one of the heavier tanks on the front. You can't turn your back, you can't retreat (too slow) and you can't fight them all. What do you do? Keep in mind, your team cannot stop the lemmingtrain.

Thanks for answering in advance and have a good day forum dweller :) 

XxKuzkina_MatxX #2 Posted 21 July 2019 - 06:24 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53231 battles

Your post screams 'Mobility'! :)

There is no solution that fits all. Every map and every team's composition (yours and the enemy's) got some kind of counter. Watching streams help collect the basic instructions to deal with most of these situations. Finding the correct permutation is your job but you need the basic knowledge first. I know watching hours of streams and analyzing that data can be boring but it's the best way to learn.

Heavy tanks with good armor are supposed to take the brunt of the enemy attack. In that situation you described you can delay the inevitable, try to bounce as much damage as possible because that act as an HP multiplier for you and your team. Delay tactics are important, use every cover possible and watch the HP of your teammates and let them take the shot if you're low on HP, use every cover possible. Most important thing is to not give up, play the battle until you're out. It gives the rest of your team an opportunity to win another flank and maybe the battle.

Try some faster tanks, as much as heavy armor is important it comes at a great cost. Bad mobility, depending on others and on the enemy team actions, bad guns, etc. You get to exploit the map and the enemy's positions much better using a fast tank with good firepower.

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 21 July 2019 - 06:48 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #3 Posted 21 July 2019 - 06:45 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33544 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

You can't stop a lemming train that is determined to stomp you. Quite often tho a lemming train will grind to a halt the moment they meet any resistance, even when they have the numerical advantage, because most players are reluctant to take damage for the team.

If most of their tanks are your side tho then that means your team has the advantage elsewhere so your job in that situation is to dig in, avoid taking any unnecessary damage and punish anything that tries to push into you. You need to play a delaying action for as long as you can to buy time for your team to get around them. 

XxKuzkina_MatxX #4 Posted 21 July 2019 - 10:49 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53231 battles

Don't be shy and start asking more questions. :)

If i get an answer wrong or someone else have a better idea, trust me they'll chime in. That's how this forum works!

ExclamationMark #5 Posted 21 July 2019 - 10:56 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16788 battles
  • [IDEAD] IDEAD

How to counter scout-rushing? Well, it completely depends on the tank, situation, and what you're playing. There's no real easy way to answer it.

If you see a scout rushing, and there is arty on your team, it is up to you if you want to try save them... On anything but an open map, I would just let them die. :trollface:

For lemming trains, there is pretty much nothing you can do. Stick near the train, there is no point in dying alone on a flank. The information it gives will generally do nothing to alter the hive-mind's train of thought. 

All you can do is ping the map, ask for help, whatever, and hope someone will listen. Though that is rare. 

Homer_J #6 Posted 21 July 2019 - 11:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31782 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDailySnailyGame, on 21 July 2019 - 06:08 PM, said:

Keep in mind, your team cannot stop the lemmingtrain.

Rubbish, every Lemmingtrain I ever saw got stopped by one tank.

You problems appear to be either you trying to be the whole team or trying to use your teams as an excuse for losing "all the time", I can't decide which.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users