Jump to content


So I bought the E50M

obligatory meme weak QB

  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

samuelx43a #1 Posted 22 July 2019 - 11:43 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 26094 battles
  • 1,193
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

So, because I was having so much fun with the skorp, that I ended up piling up enough credits to sell enough tanks to get myself the E50M...

 

and I'm not sure if it was a wise choice to do this, given the state of the game at the moment. So far this is what I currently think with it(images will come later)

 

it has surprisingly nice mobility, that I like.

The gun can derp the occasional shot(its german after all) but it is laser accurate and it still has the second highest standard pen of all mediums(now highest being the leo 1)

The armour cannot be relied on as much, but I have been able to pull off a couple bounces just by sidescraping(more on this)

 

The cons. The turret is of course weak, that I´m not really annoyed at.

the armour. I was almost at 90º sidescraping against an IS-7, and he penned me twice, which I did not understand, which means that I probably have not studied the tanks' armour well enough (I actually have the replay for this, which I shall provide soon, and it should be noticed that I was playing that match really badly)

 

This is all I have to say. I have two options for me, either sell it and continue with other grinds, or continue with it.  The stubborn one in me wants me to stick with it and improve, but the sane one also reminds me the actual state of tier X...

 

any kind of advice would be very welcome, thanks for reading!

 



undutchable80 #2 Posted 22 July 2019 - 12:18 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 11094 battles
  • 3,506
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-30-2014

Cant comment on most of your post, since a) I have only played 7 TX games myself and b) I dont own the E50M, but since I am playing a lot more TIX, I visit tanks.gg almost daily to work out weakspots on tanks I have faced or work out my own angling. 

View Postsamuelx43a, on 22 July 2019 - 11:43 AM, said:

the armour. I was almost at 90º sidescraping against an IS-7, and he penned me twice, which I did not understand, which means that I probably have not studied the tanks' armour well enough 

 

Somehow I think this is a typo, since 90 degrees means you were giving him free side shots. ;)

 

https://tanks.gg/tank/e-50-m/model?vm=live&cs=is-7 If you rotate your tank, you can see your bounce / no-bounce angles vs the IS-7 (base ammo). Keep your gun over the inside of your tracks and your side should stay autobounce angle. Your front plate will become pennable, but dont sit still too long...

E50MvsIS7.JPG



LordSkyFury #3 Posted 22 July 2019 - 12:26 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 15529 battles
  • 240
  • [R_D1] R_D1
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

View Postsamuelx43a, on 22 July 2019 - 11:43 AM, said:

second highest standard pen of all mediums(now highest being the leo 1)

 

K-91 in second position says hi.



tajj7 #4 Posted 22 July 2019 - 12:26 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 27789 battles
  • 15,725
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

You only have 80mm of side armour so its quite easy to overangle. 

 

Train the ramming skill, it can lead to some hilarious hits, I once hit a Bat Chat for over 1k damage, you can hit sides of Russian meds like the 907 or 140 for easily 700-800 and barely take 200 in return. 

 

It's not a meta tank so its hard to play and you have to work to make it work, but its far for from terrible. It has some usable armour, it has a very reliable gun, and its still mobile with it.

 

A lot of using its armour is about baiting, don't give easy shots, the turret front is of course cheese but at medium ranges its hard to reliably hit and the sides and mantlet will actually bounce a lot, at closer ranges you can wiggle wiggle to bounce shots off your lower plate, upper plate and have your tracks eat some shots.

 

Also against tier 8s the lower plate angled will troll like most German lower plates, if you hit about 30 degrees then like 220 pen guns will struggle.

 

In close combat situations you can sometimes 'front hug' opponents who are much shorter than you and they often end up only being able to shoot into your upper plate because they can't depress the gun to hit the lower. (But similarly you'll often struggle to shoot down on very low profile tanks).

 

Generally E50M is about using it medium ranges and using the reliable gun, and at that range your armour will work to an extent, sidescrape where you can, identify targets you can bully or ram, if you can catch a light or lightly armour med of guard with a good ram, you can remove them from the game pretty quickly without much HP loss on your side. But don't get into hull down fights or prolonged brawls with tanks with more armour, you won't win. You can play heavium/brawler/bully against lightly armoured stuff and lower tiers, against better armoured stuff, proper brawlers, heavy tanks, russian meds, you play more carefully, you play more like a sniper/support. 

 

It's still IMO, a fun and reliable tank to play, even if its not super meta competitive. 

 



Bora_BOOM #5 Posted 22 July 2019 - 12:27 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 27731 battles
  • 3,716
  • [DID0] DID0
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014

My first tier 10 ever - cause on paper it has everything

Picking it was one of my biggest newbie mistakes - together with the fact that I have rushed tiers to get it.

One hell of a tank tho -  if you know how to play it (which I don't)

 

It is a good tank but it requires a lot of skill to start to work. But when it does, it is a beast.


Edited by Bora_BOOM, 22 July 2019 - 12:29 PM.


samuelx43a #6 Posted 22 July 2019 - 12:44 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 26094 battles
  • 1,193
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View PostLordSkyFury, on 22 July 2019 - 12:26 PM, said:

 

K-91 in second position says hi.

 

lol, totally went over my head!

@duch know I get it, I was penned where the tracks where!

and thanks for the advice too, tajj, will take it into consideration, I'll post some replays soon too

 



Cobra6 #7 Posted 22 July 2019 - 12:45 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16505 battles
  • 17,192
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

It's only drawback is that it needs more DPM and a *slight* increase to the frontal turret armour.

 

It's still a fun tank but it needs some minor buffs to make it competitive in 2019 WoT.

 

Cobra 6



r00barb #8 Posted 22 July 2019 - 12:47 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 27533 battles
  • 11,096
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View Postsamuelx43a, on 22 July 2019 - 10:43 AM, said:

I was almost at 90º sidescraping against an IS-7, and he penned me twice, which I did not understand, which means that I probably have not studied the tanks' armour well enough (I actually have the replay for this, which I shall provide soon, and it should be noticed that I was playing that match really badly) 

 

The Battle Hits mod lets you see where every shot hit, can be really helpful in understanding how you took damage. It's part of many large mod packs now (including the WGMods Essentials pack) and doesn't need XVM so can be installed on its own. It also works on replays (enable replays in settings).

 

If you don't want to use mods, I can run the replay and grab some screenshots.

 

View Postsamuelx43a, on 22 July 2019 - 11:44 AM, said:

@duch know I get it, I was penned where the tracks where!

 

If he was firing upwards it's possible he hit the area immediately above the tracks (the flat bottom of the hull over the top of the tracks, not the vertical side of the tank), which is 40mm and will be over-matched by an IS-7.



HundeWurst #9 Posted 22 July 2019 - 01:26 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 75103 battles
  • 4,616
  • [FAME] FAME
  • Member since:
    02-06-2012

Yeah welll... Wargaming should make up its mind about the status the E-50m (also known as fiddyM) should hold...

 

Is it supposed to be a sniper, much like the Leopard1? Gun stats suggest it... However it neither has good alpha and has a comically bad DPM for some unknown reason.

 

Is it supposed to be a well armored tank? With that turret? Yeah how about noooooooooo. So if that is supposed to be the case, give it at least armor values equal to the E75.

(If you would want to bring the fiddyM on the same level like the 430U, the only thing which would need to be done is to double every single turret armor value. All of them.)

 

So its a bad tank yes, who knows why did not get a rework right with the Leopard 1..... Well its WG, expect nothing and you will still be dissapointed.... Actually expect the dumbest sheit and they will make manage to even make a turd smell worse than what you expected.



samuelx43a #10 Posted 22 July 2019 - 04:38 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 26094 battles
  • 1,193
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

I have 4 replays here, in case you want to see them. I warn you before hand that I'm still not the best at tier X so do expect a ton of blunders on my part!

 

http://wotreplays.eu...9322d33a487cf90

http://wotreplays.eu...9322d33a487cf90

http://wotreplays.eu...9322d33a487cf90

http://wotreplays.eu...43a-e_50_ausf_m

 

also, thanks a lot for the advice, the E50M will stay in my garage and I will hopefully improve with it


Edited by samuelx43a, 22 July 2019 - 04:39 PM.


Negativvv #11 Posted 22 July 2019 - 05:12 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 12262 battles
  • 1,579
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-08-2015

I plan to stop on the E50 and not ever go to the M.

 

Apparently it's suggested that it is better tier for tier. 



hasnainrakha57 #12 Posted 22 July 2019 - 05:54 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 17683 battles
  • 902
  • Member since:
    08-01-2013
Need Turret buff and dpm

Edited by hasnainrakha57, 22 July 2019 - 05:54 PM.


PayMore #13 Posted 22 July 2019 - 06:01 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26611 battles
  • 650
  • Member since:
    05-24-2013
3,5 mill. credit loss that one. Buy russian.

Edited by PayMore, 22 July 2019 - 06:01 PM.


ExclamationMark #14 Posted 22 July 2019 - 06:17 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 16788 battles
  • 4,413
  • [IDEAD] IDEAD
  • Member since:
    04-12-2013
E50M compared to the E50 is just sad. Not saying you made a bad decision, E50M is not a terrible T10 but certainly not the best either. It's just that the E50 is far superior tier-for-tier.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #15 Posted 22 July 2019 - 08:26 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 4,653
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

Highway

 

  • Get to know how to use those 8° of gun depression better in a training room. It's showing in this map and in Murovanka.
  • The didn't send substantial forces to the 1-2 lines which is a mistake by the way and considering the enemy team had a good 140 platoon, i guess they needed to "farm" the heavies in the city, Hurr Durr!
  • To move on the enemy base you needed to kill the scout (T-100) in the middle. You can't just go forward with all the TDs in the back. You go back along the 1-2 lines and take turn along the F-line to go under the bridge where you can spot and kill him safely.
  • After that you need to spot the camping TDs in their base. You move along the E-line, under the highway to approach their base. It's a very dangerous part and preferably a light can do that if a light is still alive later in the game.
  • If you don't want to do that, switch flanks and go support the city. You might find it more lucrative and safer to clear the city first.
Highway Map

 

Murovanka

 

  • At the start you might want to stop behind the lines of trees at D8 on your way to the forest provided that your light is spotting the enemy's crossing from E7.
  • Never stop on top of a mound like you did at 13:00. Usually there are a couple of TDs at the back preaimed at that direction. Moving up there remove all sorts of cover between you and them.
  • If the enemy didn't send too much guys to the forest, never push along the K-line like your team did. I am sorry but that is probably one of the most stupid moves in WOT. They put themselves in a fine crossfire from: the hill at G3/H3 and the K-line.
  • Better to cross the map along the F-E lines to get behind the cathedral in the middle. You will get flanking shots into their heavies in E3/F3 and later you advance to the hill itself and spot the rest of the campers along the 1-2 lines safe from arty.
Murovanka Map

 

Studzianki

 

  • There are 3 artys. At 13:46, 8 tanks mostly heavies were spotted at the south western corner. At 12:49, 3 more tanks were spotted and one of them rushed you and got himself killed (13 105). That leaves the grille which could be in any of the usual sniping spots. Counting tanks is helpful because you, the IS-7, the 121, the E4 and the BC were holding against 2 paper mediums and a light.
  • You can communicate with the 3 guys sitting there and doing nothing to push while you flank the amx and the progetto. Or you can join them somehow and snipe the heavies in H5/H6 across the map.
  • Personally i would've gone to H6/J6 with an E50M to support the heavies. It's the more suitable flank in my opinion.
Studzianki map

 

Note: there are 3 replays only, one of them (Murovanka) is duplicated.


Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 22 July 2019 - 11:49 PM.


250swb #16 Posted 22 July 2019 - 08:33 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 23230 battles
  • 5,587
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-23-2015

View Postsamuelx43a, on 22 July 2019 - 10:43 AM, said:

 

and I'm not sure if it was a wise choice to do this, given the state of the game at the moment.

 

 

 

But you can research the stats of the tank 'at the moment' so it's not 'the state of the game at the moment' it's the 'state of your expectations at the moment'.



MeetriX #17 Posted 22 July 2019 - 08:59 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 23152 battles
  • 3,750
  • [_ACE] _ACE
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012

View Postundutchable80, on 22 July 2019 - 12:18 PM, said:

 

Somehow I think this is a typo, since 90 degrees means you were giving him free side shots. ;)

 

Not in WoT.

0° is flat or how would you explain 70°- 85° auto-bounce angles? 



HassenderZerhacker #18 Posted 23 July 2019 - 04:52 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 30073 battles
  • 3,160
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

View PostNegativvv, on 22 July 2019 - 05:12 PM, said:

I plan to stop on the E50 and not ever go to the M.

 

Apparently it's suggested that it is better tier for tier. 

 

it is if you spam a lot of gold.

with AP, the E50 only has 220 pen, which will bounce off most tanks' sides.


Edited by HassenderZerhacker, 23 July 2019 - 04:52 AM.


samuelx43a #19 Posted 23 July 2019 - 08:21 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 26094 battles
  • 1,193
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 22 July 2019 - 08:26 PM, said:

Highway

 

  • Get to know how to use those 8° of gun depression better in a training room. It's showing in this map and in Murovanka.
  • The didn't send substantial forces to the 1-2 lines which is a mistake by the way and considering the enemy team had a good 140 platoon, i guess they needed to "farm" the heavies in the city, Hurr Durr!
  • To move on the enemy base you needed to kill the scout (T-100) in the middle. You can't just go forward with all the TDs in the back. You go back along the 1-2 lines and take turn along the F-line to go under the bridge where you can spot and kill him safely.
  • After that you need to spot the camping TDs in their base. You move along the E-line, under the highway to approach their base. It's a very dangerous part and preferably a light can do that if a light is still alive later in the game.
  • If you don't want to do that, switch flanks and go support the city. You might find it more lucrative and safer to clear the city first.
Highway Map

 

Murovanka

 

  • At the start you might want to stop behind the lines of trees at D8 on your way to the forest provided that your light is spotting the enemy's crossing from E7.
  • Never stop on top of a mound like you did at 13:00. Usually there are a couple of TDs at the back preaimed at that direction. Moving up there remove all sorts of cover between you and them.
  • If the enemy didn't send too much guys to the forest, never push along the K-line like your team did. I am sorry but that is probably one of the most stupid moves in WOT. They put themselves in a fine crossfire from: the hill at G3/H3 and the K-line.
  • Better to cross the map along the F-E lines to get behind the cathedral in the middle. You will get flanking shots into their heavies in E3/F3 and later you advance to the hill itself and spot the rest of the campers along the 1-2 lines safe from arty.
Murovanka Map

 

Studzianki

 

  • There are 3 artys. At 13:46, 8 tanks mostly heavies were spotted at the south western corner. At 12:49, 3 more tanks were spotted and one of them rushed you and got himself killed (13 105). That leaves the grille which could be in any of the usual sniping spots. Counting tanks is helpful because you, the IS-7, the 121, the E4 and the BC were holding against 2 paper mediums and a light.
  • You can communicate with the 3 guys sitting there and doing nothing to push while you flank the amx and the progetto. Or you can join them somehow and snipe the heavies in H5/H6 across the map.
  • Personally i would've gone to H6/J6 with an E50M to support the heavies. It's the more suitable flank in my opinion.
Studzianki map

 

Note: there are 3 replays only, one of them (Murovanka) is duplicated.

 

thanks for the replay analysis, I probably did those mistakes because I don't "understand" the tank yet, so I'll take that in mind

Slyspy #20 Posted 23 July 2019 - 11:34 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 14683 battles
  • 17,386
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011

View Postsamuelx43a, on 23 July 2019 - 08:21 AM, said:

 

thanks for the replay analysis, I probably did those mistakes because I don't "understand" the tank yet, so I'll take that in mind

 

In my experience understanding a tank is much easier than understanding a map. It is why on my return to playing more often my WR etc a nose-dived. I know what my tanks can do even though I'm not great (my reactions are terrible for example), I'm learning what the new vehicles can do against me but I'm really struggling with my map knowledge and reading.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users