Jump to content


T-34-2


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

megaone_1 #1 Posted 23 July 2019 - 08:20 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 4315 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    10-25-2016
I have grinded to T-34-2 and looks like it the worst 2.4 milllion I have used in this game. it is almost like shooting with blanks.

SuNo_TeSLa #2 Posted 23 July 2019 - 08:26 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 45497 battles
  • 419
  • [SWEPH] SWEPH
  • Member since:
    07-07-2013

View Postmegaone_1, on 23 July 2019 - 08:20 AM, said:

I have grinded to T-34-2 and looks like it the worst 2.4 milllion I have used in this game. it is almost like shooting with blanks.

 

Not great, but can be done, recent tier 8 MM buff made it alot easier too :)

Cobra6 #3 Posted 23 July 2019 - 08:33 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16505 battles
  • 17,175
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

It's almost criminal how long the T-34-2 has been left to die in this game when it's *clearly* a garbage vehicle, heck, the premium that has preferential MM is better then it now. It makes no sense.

Basically the Chinese medium line stops being good after Tier 7. The T-34-1 is still a little gem even though the accuracy nerfs hit it hard.

 

Cobra 6


Edited by Cobra6, 23 July 2019 - 08:34 AM.


Ceeb #4 Posted 23 July 2019 - 08:38 AM

    Major General

  • Beta Tester
  • 32409 battles
  • 5,992
  • Member since:
    01-14-2011
T-34-1 was one of my favourite tier 7 tanks.

If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #5 Posted 23 July 2019 - 08:45 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9660 battles
  • 865
  • Member since:
    07-14-2016

Good crew skills essential, vents BIA Goggles

 

50% HE loadout to help with gun handling



HerrWizo #6 Posted 23 July 2019 - 08:49 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 36174 battles
  • 83
  • Member since:
    08-07-2014
Yeah, this tank is one of the worst you can imagine. In my eyes, only AMX CDC is worse. It is hard to explain why even a light Chinese tank of the same tier has a better gun than the medium. Needs rework for sure.

Negativvv #7 Posted 23 July 2019 - 08:58 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 12125 battles
  • 1,558
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-08-2015
I believe the T8 CZ Med and Panther 2 want to make themselves know as bad T8s also...

fwhaatpiraat #8 Posted 23 July 2019 - 09:22 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 56365 battles
  • 1,438
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013
T-34-2 is a tier 8 medium tank, just like Progetto and T-44-100. Best joke of the game.

FluffyRedFox #9 Posted 23 July 2019 - 09:26 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 25286 battles
  • 9,134
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF
  • Member since:
    12-05-2012
I'm sure that there's a great reason why the T-34-2 gets worse DPM, penetration, aim time, movement bloom, gun depression, mobility and armour than the Type 59 despite seeing tier X vehicles.

Ceeb #10 Posted 23 July 2019 - 09:31 AM

    Major General

  • Beta Tester
  • 32409 battles
  • 5,992
  • Member since:
    01-14-2011

View PostFluffyRedFox, on 23 July 2019 - 08:26 AM, said:

I'm sure that there's a great reason why the T-34-2 gets worse DPM, penetration, aim time, movement bloom, gun depression, mobility and armour than the Type 59 despite seeing tier X vehicles.

 

The reason is,  incompetance, and to make you use free Xp to get through it.

If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #11 Posted 23 July 2019 - 09:51 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9660 battles
  • 865
  • Member since:
    07-14-2016

Buffing the reload by a second or two would make it a lot more desirable

 

C'est la vie



WhoCares01 #12 Posted 23 July 2019 - 10:30 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 19227 battles
  • 609
  • Member since:
    04-21-2015

View PostHerrWizo, on 23 July 2019 - 08:49 AM, said:

Yeah, this tank is one of the worst you can imagine. In my eyes, only AMX CDC is worse. It is hard to explain why even a light Chinese tank of the same tier has a better gun than the medium. Needs rework for sure.

 

Great job, WZ-132 nerf incoming!

Negativvv #13 Posted 23 July 2019 - 10:47 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 12125 battles
  • 1,558
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-08-2015
Sorry I forgot the T69 amongst all the bad T8s.

FatigueGalaxy #14 Posted 23 July 2019 - 11:08 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 21023 battles
  • 2,268
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
  • Member since:
    02-09-2011

View PostNegativvv, on 23 July 2019 - 10:47 AM, said:

Sorry I forgot the T69 amongst all the bad T8s.

 

T69 is not bad with a small dose of HEAT for tier 9 and 10 battles.And I'll take bad autoloading tanks over bad standard tank any day of the week.

falcon_96 #15 Posted 23 July 2019 - 11:17 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24948 battles
  • 535
  • Member since:
    05-11-2012

View PostHerrWizo, on 23 July 2019 - 07:49 AM, said:

Yeah, this tank is one of the worst you can imagine. In my eyes, only AMX CDC is worse. It is hard to explain why even a light Chinese tank of the same tier has a better gun than the medium. Needs rework for sure.

 

Just better gun?
https://tanks.gg/compare/t-34-2?t=wz-132

 

Dude it is better in EVERYTHING! And to top it off you can get both light and medium tier 9 tanks from the WZ-132(although why you would want a 121 when there is a better ruski version is beyond me). When i see a T-34-2 in a random battle i always ask them if they are BDSM enthusiasts or something, there is simply no other logical explanation for playing that pile of fertilizer.



TungstenHitman #16 Posted 23 July 2019 - 11:34 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 29719 battles
  • 5,509
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

No you guys have got it all wrong when it comes to what you think this medium should have for a buff. What's the one thing Chinese tanks are most notable for having in most cases? Anyone? You there at the back "Big alpha?" Correct sir, big alpha. Chinese tanks are typically inferior derivatives and modifications of their Russian sourced counterparts. Armor is not as good and view range is not as good, engine power is down, typically, that sort of thing but the one thing Chinese tanks are notable for having is a big rough donkey of a gun crammed into the turret with more alpha than any other same class tank for it's tier, especially the lights and meds. So, all that's needed is one buff, it's alpha. Make it 440 alpha , keep the rest the same, poor, rough, rugged and loose , all good in the hood. A not so good tank with a huge bite that makes it worth playing and forgiving of it's failing, just like a Chinese tank should be. 



Shacou #17 Posted 23 July 2019 - 12:41 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22393 battles
  • 909
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
  • Member since:
    11-07-2011
T-34-2 Has shittier gun depression, worse accuracy, worse gun bloom soft stats, worse dpm, meets tier 10. Comparing to T-34-3 is just a joke.
T-34-2 only has slightly better camo due it's size, everything else is trash.

Edited by Shacou, 23 July 2019 - 12:42 PM.


Balc0ra #18 Posted 23 July 2019 - 01:45 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 71481 battles
  • 19,963
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostCobra6, on 23 July 2019 - 08:33 AM, said:

It's almost criminal how long the T-34-2 has been left to die in this game when it's *clearly* a garbage vehicle, heck, the premium that has preferential MM is better then it now. It makes no sense.

Basically the Chinese medium line stops being good after Tier 7. The T-34-1 is still a little gem even though the accuracy nerfs hit it hard.

 

Cobra 6

 

When the T-34-3 came it barely had 4 rounds and close to 1400 DPM with a bad turret etc. And everyone complained about it as it was the worst WR tier 8 med on all servers. People paid money for unlike the T-34-2 in most cases. So ofc it got buffed.. twice even. But now the T-34-3 bypassed the T-34-2 by 0.50% on global WR on most pages "both still in the 48% area".

 

View PostTungstenHitman, on 23 July 2019 - 11:34 AM, said:

No you guys have got it all wrong when it comes to what you think this medium should have for a buff. What's the one thing Chinese tanks are most notable for having in most cases? Anyone? You there at the back "Big alpha?" Correct sir, big alpha.

 

But what when you trade the alpha for the 100mm on the T-34-2 and still have less DPM and gun depression vs it? It's not working too well is it? Sure you could give the T-34-2 122mm 440 with the same DPM to trade better. But 100mm should get 2K dmp, around 2.2 sec aim time and 0.36 dispersion if he will still lack armor and gun depression vs the T-34-3.

 

That and tech tree 122mm guns were not separated unlike the premium 122mm. So thus the tier 8 122mm go more pen on premiums still. So if that will remain if that next global rebalance ever comes "the one that will fix the Tiger II etc" remains to be seen. Or if the T-34-2 is even in that plan. 



TungstenHitman #19 Posted 23 July 2019 - 01:59 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 29719 battles
  • 5,509
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

View PostBalc0ra, on 23 July 2019 - 12:45 PM, said:

 

But what when you trade the alpha for the 100mm on the T-34-2 and still have less DPM and gun depression vs it? It's not working too well is it? Sure you could give the T-34-2 122mm 440 with the same DPM to trade better. But 100mm should get 2K dmp, around 2.2 sec aim time and 0.36 dispersion if he will still lack armor and gun depression vs the T-34-3.

 

That and tech tree 122mm guns were not separated unlike the premium 122mm. So thus the tier 8 122mm go more pen on premiums still. So if that will remain if that next global rebalance ever comes "the one that will fix the Tiger II etc" remains to be seen. Or if the T-34-2 is even in that plan. 

 

The WZ-120-1G FT Chinese premium TD at tier8, has a 122mm gun, and it hits for 440 alpha. For me, and this is just my opinion of course, which I base on typical Chinese tank philosophy in this game for lights and meds which all(but not all) tend to have sub par performance compared to Russian alternatives in exchange for bigger alpha and bigger caliber. T-44 also has a garbage nonviable 122mm option too with less dpm, less gun dep compared to the 100mm option which is far superior but for me, to make the nations different and not just a pointless "same tank, different nation" the Chinese T8 should get that same alpha as the WZ premium TD. Sure, you could always make little adjustments to make it clearly the go to gun when compared to the 100mm but the point is the bigger gun, for a Chinese tank, should always be the go-to weapon of choice and having the biggest alpha in it's class would be it's party trick and still a real shock to get hit by when most T8 meds are only hitting for around 240 alpha. It should still have bad gun handling though imo, that was always the balance with Chinese big caliber guns on small tanks and more of a close quarters shotgun when the poor sap getting shot isn't looking or is engaged with another tank or has just fired his gun allowing you to poke out and let him have it, though some more dpm would be nice I guess, without breaking the thing. 



WhoCares01 #20 Posted 23 July 2019 - 02:04 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 19227 battles
  • 609
  • Member since:
    04-21-2015
That's a TD gun - why don't you look at the 122mm gun used on the 110 instead? Or the 100mm on that same tank (though that is rated as tier 9 gun). Comparison with those gun options on the 110.

Edited by WhoCares01, 23 July 2019 - 02:08 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users