• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

N00BT00B #1 Posted 23 July 2019 - 08:30 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50519 battles
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY

Is that allowed?

When the second account wins a vehicle, is that fair?

Is the second account 'paid for' like the websites offering to pad stats?

Is it clan rigging so that good players can boost another clan's (other than their own) rankings?

Stinks of corruption.

Edit: i have evidence, how best to use it before it disappears?

Edited by N00BT00B, 23 July 2019 - 08:31 AM.

Ceeb #2 Posted 23 July 2019 - 08:36 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 32409 battles

I have no issues with this, The only reason I can think why to get a second account a chieftian or 907 etc is to sell it...

Pure speculation of course.

Homer_J #3 Posted 23 July 2019 - 10:28 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31782 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Second accounts are allowed.

I don't see what's unfair about a second account winning a vehicle if that person put in enough effort to win two then they deserve two.

I don't know if top players would use a paid service to grind an account, I do know some who have two accounts completely legitimately though.

This whole thread smells of jealousy.

pecopad #4 Posted 23 July 2019 - 10:44 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28474 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

View PostHomer_J, on 23 July 2019 - 10:28 AM, said:

I don't see what's unfair about a second account winning a vehicle if that person put in enough effort to win two then they deserve two.

I don't know if top players would use a paid service to grind an account, I do know some who have two accounts completely legitimately though.

This whole thread smells of jealousy.

You are the one smelling...

Nobody is against 2nd accounts, the OP is talking about 2nd accounts to win clan war reward tanks...I know many people who have 2 accounts,but none of them is able to play CW in both accounts at the same time.

So unless is to sell the account with the rare tanks, or some kind of other scam, like boosting clan ratings, rigging games, etc I can't see the logic of playing 2 accounts on CW.

OohSpicy #5 Posted 23 July 2019 - 10:53 AM

Private

• Player
  • 25188 battles
  • [TSOP] TSOP

View PostHomer_J, on 23 July 2019 - 09:28 AM, said:

This here answers to OPs perfectly. IF one has time to play 2 accounts through the CW and gain reward tanks to both accounts, why would it be illegal? 

Cobra6 #6 Posted 23 July 2019 - 11:14 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16505 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Well, if those secondary accounts are played well enough to *EARN* the tanks, what is the issue? The tank was earned.

Is it a nice thing to do? (entirely different matter), no it's not.

Playing one account during CW's is already an exercise in frustration, I can't imagine what it would be like playing two of them.

If you are not good enough of a player to get a CW tank, you don't deserve it, it's pretty simple really. Improve your play and you will be rewarded.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 23 July 2019 - 11:15 AM.

Mimos_A #7 Posted 23 July 2019 - 11:19 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29141 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH

View Postpecopad, on 23 July 2019 - 10:44 AM, said:

Nobody is against 2nd accounts, the OP is talking about 2nd accounts to win clan war reward tanks...I know many people who have 2 accounts,but none of them is able to play CW in both accounts at the same time.

So unless is to sell the account with the rare tanks, or some kind of other scam, like boosting clan ratings, rigging games, etc I can't see the logic of playing 2 accounts on CW.

The logic is having 2 accounts with reward tanks...Apart from it being a bit of a douche move, I don't see any reason why it would be against any rules.

OmniWalou #8 Posted 23 July 2019 - 11:21 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 452 battles

I don't think you understand how quickly one can get the required points for a tank position in a proper clan. You can get a tank with 2 days of playing as you are able to get 10k+ points per day. 3 days of playing is more realistic time frame. With last campaign that would have left 7 days to play on another account so it would have been perfectly possible for one person to get a tank for 3 accounts. You only need 1 tier 10 tank to play CW so the requirements aren't that difficultt to meet. 277, WZ 5a, EBR or CGC are perfectly playable in proper clan line ups.

kaneloon #9 Posted 23 July 2019 - 12:22 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 30570 battles
  • [UKN-A] UKN-A

View PostCobra6, on 23 July 2019 - 10:14 AM, said:

If you are not good enough of a player to get a CW tank, you don't deserve it, it's pretty simple really. Improve your play and you will be rewarded.

Cobra 6

It would have been true if CW tanks were not limited in numbers or "non buyable" with bonds.

Anyway it's a bit like the black market, where some (cough cough) bought multiple M41 90 GF on different accounts.

Unfair for some, but not forbidden.

pecopad #10 Posted 23 July 2019 - 02:12 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28474 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

View PostOmniWalou, on 23 July 2019 - 11:21 AM, said:

I don't think you understand how quickly one can get the required points for a tank position in a proper clan. You can get a tank with 2 days of playing as you are able to get 10k+ points per day. 3 days of playing is more realistic time frame. With last campaign that would have left 7 days to play on another account so it would have been perfectly possible for one person to get a tank for 3 accounts. You only need 1 tier 10 tank to play CW so the requirements aren't that difficultt to meet. 277, WZ 5a, EBR or CGC are perfectly playable in proper clan line ups.

So you say anyone can get into a top clan playing only 2-3 days. Thought top clans were a bit more selective...

Also the discussion was never about if it was possible, since apparently it is, but how ethical it is and if its shouldn't be forbidden.

Selling accounts clearly is forbidden, selling clan spots should also be...

Edited by pecopad, 23 July 2019 - 02:14 PM.

Benistown_GagsoisbisteDD #11 Posted 23 July 2019 - 02:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16876 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View Postpecopad, on 23 July 2019 - 02:12 PM, said:

So you say anyone can get into a top clan playing only 2-3 days. Thought top clans were a bit more selective...

Also the discussion was never about if it was possible, since apparently it is, but how ethical it is and if its shouldn't be forbidden.

you can get into top clan by being half decent.
he's talking about the reward tank, which only takes 2-4 days to get if you dont lose 3/4 games you play in cw

Homer_J #12 Posted 23 July 2019 - 03:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31782 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Not denying it.  It's quite warm in the office today but at least it's Friday.

I can't say what it's like these days but back in the day when I played CW we would often have overlapping battles where the tactic in the first would be rush cap (ahh the old Komarin) and if you died then leave and join the next one.  If I had 2 accounts and 2 PCs I could just move my chair over.

tajj7 #13 Posted 23 July 2019 - 03:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27778 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

A top 10 or top 20-30 clan in a campaign can probably get someone into enough points to comfortably qualify for the tank in about 4-5 days, so if someone has two accounts in a top clan and they are playing most days they can quite feasibly earn two reward vehicles.

Can't see why it would be against the rules. 

arthurwellsley #14 Posted 23 July 2019 - 04:32 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 54054 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostN00BT00B, on 23 July 2019 - 07:30 AM, said:

Is that allowed? Yes

When the second account wins a vehicle, is that fair? Yes

Is the second account 'paid for' like the websites offering to pad stats?  No it's just a good player deciding he wants reward tanks on his main account and also on his alternative linked "friend" account.

Is it clan rigging so that good players can boost another clan's (other than their own) rankings?  If a player is good then their ranking and that of the clan will rise because they win more. When you have an evening of losses the clan elo drops, when you have an evening of wins you see the clan elo rise. So no not rigging at all, working as intended.

Stinks of corruption.  Seems you are merely discouraged and upset by very good players who are capable of getting a reward on two accounts.

Edit: i have evidence, how best to use it before it disappears?  There is no "best" use of "evidence" because there is nothing here against the rules. WG like Blizzard and CCP games encourages second or third accounts, all the big game MMO companies do in their games, it generally keeps customers happy and generates more income for the company.

Edited by arthurwellsley, 23 July 2019 - 04:33 PM.

OmniWalou #15 Posted 23 July 2019 - 04:37 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 452 battles

View Postpecopad, on 23 July 2019 - 02:12 PM, said:

Who said anything about top clans? I specifically talked about proper clans. Proper in a sense of organized and commitment, that have pretty skilled players but aren't able to compete of top positions. There is a clan in top 40 that took in a clan of slightly above average players (and some good ones) to get the active player numbers up to get the clan more points. In that clan, even the ones taken in could get 7-10k points per day after it was discussed that they want a tank and they were prioritized to some of the line ups. They did their part to bring the clan points in order to get constant advance front or land battles, so they deserved to be taken in with the prioritized teams to secure a tank. And I bet that isn't the only example of clans merging under one clan where even average players get a tank fairly easily.

What makes you think spots are sold in clans?

Spurtung #16 Posted 23 July 2019 - 04:58 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 72674 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT
I'm curious about OP's evidence before worrying about whether or not that's allowed.

HundeWurst #17 Posted 23 July 2019 - 05:14 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 74992 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

The devil is in the detail I guess....

Accountsharing is prohibited by WG, however them saying that does not mean its law.... However how on earth are you ever going to proof any of your claims?

Second: If you are talking about "playing on another accout, which is their very own smurf" then it should be very much legal. Is it nice? No because most smuft accounts wont be used or jsut sold to someone else at time.

speedphlux #18 Posted 23 July 2019 - 05:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46795 battles
  • [TZAR] TZAR
Man, if somebody has the skill, the time and the presence of mind to boost up a 2nd account into a reward territory - hats off to that fella !
Lately, I can't even be bothered to start up WoT, let alone go search a clan that does CW and will have my rusty behind in it.

Bordhaw #19 Posted 23 July 2019 - 06:48 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14492 battles

View PostN00BT00B, on 23 July 2019 - 07:30 AM, said:

Clan wars, top players using more than one account.. advice needed

wsatnutter #20 Posted 23 July 2019 - 06:50 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26334 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
I smell jealousy