Jump to content


Why No Moon Landing Event/Missions/Camo/Etc? :)


  • Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 23 July 2019 - 11:25 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 30021 battles
  • 5,534
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

"Because it's a tank game"

 

Yes, but apart from that minor detail(lol) it's the 50th moon landing anniversary month and I was sure there'd be something added to this game to mark the occasion like a some grey, crater covered camo for our tanks to play for or some funny meme's but I don't think it's going to happen sadly, or have I missed something? Seriously though I want moon camo for my tanks and possibly a lunar rover skin for wheeled vehicles, come on devs, lets see that happen. I'll also accept yellow cheese texture camo since as we all know, the moon is made of cheese. ;)



PayMore #2 Posted 23 July 2019 - 11:27 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26611 battles
  • 650
  • Member since:
    05-24-2013
I guess WG is waiting for Rasputin & Laika celebrations

Kirtiklis #3 Posted 23 July 2019 - 11:33 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 38558 battles
  • 104
  • [STLT] STLT
  • Member since:
    05-16-2013
Simple answer - Soviets/Russia didnt landed, so it is doesnt matter comrade.

r00barb #4 Posted 23 July 2019 - 11:36 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 27533 battles
  • 11,096
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

Because it never happened, duh.

 



TungstenHitman #5 Posted 23 July 2019 - 11:38 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 30021 battles
  • 5,534
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016
Ahhhh, now I get it, the Soviets lost the moon race so no camo for you comrade! lol. Well, that possibility is entirely possible. Tinfoil hat camo?

Balc0ra #6 Posted 23 July 2019 - 11:52 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 71585 battles
  • 20,063
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

Well NA has a set of moon landing missions. But as for a moon event? Well... It's a tank game indeed. But we already had a moon event with the IS-8 ball here. And console had the Laser Chaffee's on the moon. Heck they even followed it up by going to Mars later. 

Spoiler

 



WhoCares01 #7 Posted 23 July 2019 - 11:59 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 19531 battles
  • 650
  • Member since:
    04-21-2015

American premium WV incoming: Lunar Roving Vehicle!

 


Edited by WhoCares01, 23 July 2019 - 12:11 PM.


Slyspy #8 Posted 23 July 2019 - 12:06 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 14683 battles
  • 17,386
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011

View PostTungstenHitman, on 23 July 2019 - 11:38 AM, said:

Ahhhh, now I get it, the Soviets lost the moon race so no camo for you comrade! lol. Well, that possibility is entirely possible. Tinfoil hat camo?

 

My CDC already has tin foil camo. 

NekoPuffer_PPP #9 Posted 23 July 2019 - 12:14 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 33711 battles
  • 3,836
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostTungstenHitman, on 23 July 2019 - 12:25 PM, said:

"Because it's a tank game"

 

Yes, but apart from that minor detail(lol) it's the 50th moon landing anniversary month and I was sure there'd be something added to this game to mark the occasion like a some grey, crater covered camo for our tanks to play for or some funny meme's but I don't think it's going to happen sadly, or have I missed something? Seriously though I want moon camo for my tanks and possibly a lunar rover skin for wheeled vehicles, come on devs, lets see that happen. I'll also accept yellow cheese texture camo since as we all know, the moon is made of cheese. ;)

 

The russians never went to the Moon. They don't wanna celebrate an American achievement. *tinfoil intensifies*

TungstenHitman #10 Posted 23 July 2019 - 12:16 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 30021 battles
  • 5,534
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 23 July 2019 - 11:14 AM, said:

 

The russians never went to the Moon. They don't wanna celebrate an American achievement. *tinfoil intensifies*

 

Salt camo then?

PhooBar #11 Posted 23 July 2019 - 12:22 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 20221 battles
  • 2,465
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-22-2013

+1 to the whole thread.

And I've only got two words to add.

 "Iron Sky"

 



OIias_of_Sunhillow #12 Posted 23 July 2019 - 12:32 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 25907 battles
  • 3,260
  • Member since:
    07-20-2011

"Because it's a 'tank-game' ", doesn't wash. They've had celebrations for football World Cups in WoT.

As suggested, it's probably because the Russians haven't actually been to the moon. And they're still sucking lemons at the deal.  :hiding:



Rati_Festa #13 Posted 23 July 2019 - 12:36 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 49078 battles
  • 2,330
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    02-10-2012
One of the new British Light tanks looks more like a lunar rover than a tank, so they have done their bit :)

WhoCares01 #14 Posted 23 July 2019 - 12:42 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 19531 battles
  • 650
  • Member since:
    04-21-2015

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 23 July 2019 - 12:14 PM, said:

 

The russians never went to the Moon. They don't wanna celebrate an American achievement. *tinfoil intensifies*

True enough, no Russian Cosmonaut ever put a foot on the moon, but they had landers and the first remote controlled rovers as well. The plot thickens, LRV vs. Lunokhod.

Fun fact, the latter of the two vehicles landed by the Russians was later bought by an American-British game designer (Ultima I/II/III), and later space tourist visiting the ISS, Richard Garriott.



malachi6 #15 Posted 23 July 2019 - 12:50 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 50920 battles
  • 4,145
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011
The Russians did go to the moon remotely and have brought back rock samples.  The Apollo astronauts even visited Russia.  The far more likely reason not to have some kind of special is simply the lack of connection to tanks.

MeetriX #16 Posted 23 July 2019 - 12:55 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 23152 battles
  • 3,750
  • [_ACE] _ACE
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012

View Postmalachi6, on 23 July 2019 - 12:50 PM, said:

The Russians did go to the moon remotely and have brought back rock samples.  The Apollo astronauts even visited Russia.  The far more likely reason not to have some kind of special is simply the lack of connection to tanks.

 

Tanks yes, but there is a wheeled vehicle on the Moon.

Balc0ra #17 Posted 23 July 2019 - 01:02 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 71585 battles
  • 20,063
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostTungstenHitman, on 23 July 2019 - 12:16 PM, said:

 

Salt camo then?

 

Well the NA event was called "race to the moon". You picked a side via codes and did missions that only worked via US or Russian tier 5 or 6 premiums. So... Russia won by 3x more points, even on NA.

 

The reward for the winning team? Well moon camo ofc.

Spoiler

 

Now NA and RU was part in the moon race. So the argument is that EU was not a part of it to have such an event. But the most vital team that got Amstrong to the moon... was lead by a Welsh. As in Nasa did not give the mission a go before their team got the vital communication sorted. Inc the gear that sent images to earth that was designed by a Welsh engineer. That's reason enough right?



Tankistu #18 Posted 23 July 2019 - 01:14 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 29644 battles
  • 521
  • [-IBS-] -IBS-
  • Member since:
    03-14-2011
Because the Moon landings were fake.

WhoCares01 #19 Posted 23 July 2019 - 01:28 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 19531 battles
  • 650
  • Member since:
    04-21-2015

View PostMeetriX, on 23 July 2019 - 12:55 PM, said:

 

Tanks yes, but there is a wheeled vehicle on the Moon.

 

The Americans left three LRVs on the moon, the Russians two remote controlled rovers, and in the not so recent past (read: 2014, 2018) the Chinese landed two remote controlled rovers on the moon.

I vote for premium WV with a 1/6 gravity feature!

 

Oh, and with respect to the Russian rovers, this documentary brings them perfectly into the WoT scope: Tank on the Moon


Edited by WhoCares01, 23 July 2019 - 01:30 PM.


TungstenHitman #20 Posted 23 July 2019 - 01:39 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 30021 battles
  • 5,534
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

View PostBalc0ra, on 23 July 2019 - 12:02 PM, said:

 

Well the NA event was called "race to the moon". You picked a side via codes and did missions that only worked via US or Russian tier 5 or 6 premiums. So... Russia won by 3x more points, even on NA.

 

The reward for the winning team? Well moon camo ofc.

Spoiler

 

Now NA and RU was part in the moon race. So the argument is that EU was not a part of it to have such an event. But the most vital team that got Amstrong to the moon... was lead by a Welsh. As in Nasa did not give the mission a go before their team got the vital communication sorted. Inc the gear that sent images to earth that was designed by a Welsh engineer. That's reason enough right?

 

Omg they had moon camo and all!! That's actually terrible EU wasn't included. You can bet your backside many Europeans were involved. The most important part, the actual rocket, for both sides were developed by German V2 rocket engineers to the best of my knowledge. What, ppl think both sides just said "hmmm, lets design a rocket with absolutely no idea how or where to begin" and it happened? No they "acquired" that technology and the US was a great location for post WW2 German engineers and scientists etc to go and basically live the good life instead of living in some burned bombed out ruin. There's a lot of EU influence the moon landings and space programs. Jet engines? again, German. What the US and Russians go from propeller piston engine mustangs to jet fighters was just coincidence? Only the British were close behind designing jet engines so just like the rockets, for US and Russia, was all German sourced tech. Anyway bottom line, that's bad taste excluding us from the moon event. It was technically a "mankind" achievement as Neil Armstrong himself put it, he did not say "One giant leap for the US and up yours Russia" because he was above it and not petty even though he was well aware that at its core it was more of a rocket measuring competition between US and Russian leaders and not so much about the actual mind-blowing achievement of people leaving this planet and landing on what was another world. But Neil Armstrong was obviously a classy dude and didn't get drawn into the sad politics of it, so the EU server, all servers should have had the moon event too, to mark the historical achievement. 


Edited by TungstenHitman, 23 July 2019 - 01:42 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users