Lights Wheeled

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

OmniWalou #81 Posted 25 July 2019 - 03:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 452 battles

View Postchainreact0r, on 25 July 2019 - 07:21 AM, said:

Do you even listen to yourself? The only way to make it easier is to turn the gameplay into watching a cinematic where you don't even need to interact. A guy who is playing arty can watch youtube and only alt-tab back into the game every 30 seconds to left click and miss a medium for 500 dmg with driver and ammo rack crits.

And i will insult every pathetic excuse of a human being who plays arty because he sucks in any other class, and focuses players just because they are jelly of their e-peen number or reward tank, both of which they can't reach themselves.

Better go find a mirror, I predict you a nice relaxing Thursday evening while insulting yourself.

View Posttajj7, on 25 July 2019 - 09:55 AM, said:

Er  'simple and relaxing' is equivalent to easy mode, you are just argument semantics.

The reason arty is 'simple and relaxing' IS because it's easy mode and requires little input or skill set.

Arty is easy mode, it's the easiest class to play in the game and this is shown by the fact that the worst players in the game massively overperform in it.

I don't really agree. I tried to make it clear what I mean by 'simple and relaxing'. Easy mode was described by chain to be shooting AI bots, which generally means shooting targets that don't actually try to hide or do pretty much anything. Simple in that context means that to play, you don't have to use both hands and the required things you do in battle are minimal. You aim, you shoot, you move not to get countered. And you're shooting at targets that are still playing the game and actively trying to not get hit by you. If that's still 'arguing semantics', I don't know what to say anymore.

tajj7 #82 Posted 25 July 2019 - 03:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28260 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostOmniWalou, on 25 July 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:

Better go find a mirror, I predict you a nice relaxing Thursday evening while insulting yourself.

I don't really agree. I tried to make it clear what I mean by 'simple and relaxing'. Easy mode was described by chain to be shooting AI bots, which generally means shooting targets that don't actually try to hide or do pretty much anything. Simple in that context means that to play, you don't have to use both hands and the required things you do in battle are minimal. You aim, you shoot, you move not to get countered. And you're shooting at targets that are still playing the game and actively trying to not get hit by you. If that's still 'arguing semantics', I don't know what to say anymore.

Yeh its semantics -

Block Quote

simple
/ˈsɪmp(ə)l/
adjective

1. 1.
    easily understood or done; presenting no difficulty.
    "a simple solution"
    synonyms: straightforwardeasy

Simple and easy are basically describing the same thing, and relaxing is similarly in this context because it is easy and unchallenging. 

The targets are pretty much irrelevant. I mean a sizeable proportion of the playerbase play at bot level anyway, but in reality even if they are moving trying to avoid fire, what does it really matter to the arty player, its not like the person they miss is going to damage them or kill their tank any time soon. 

OmniWalou #83 Posted 25 July 2019 - 03:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 452 battles

View Posttajj7, on 25 July 2019 - 03:33 PM, said:

Yeh its semantics -

Simple and easy are basically describing the same thing, and relaxing is similarly in this context because it is easy and unchallenging. 

The targets are pretty much irrelevant. I mean a sizeable proportion of the playerbase play at bot level anyway, but in reality even if they are moving trying to avoid fire, what does it really matter to the arty player, its not like the person they miss is going to damage them or kill their tank any time soon.

I guess the explanation I gave for what I was after was not good then. I consider there to be a difference between easy mode made specifically easy (that chain mentioned) and the normal random battle.

PS. I personally watch youtubes, tv-series, streams or anything possible when I play the game solo. I don't need to play arty to do that :P

Edited by OmniWalou, 25 July 2019 - 03:41 PM.

ThinGun #84 Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:07 PM

Major

• Player
  • 40368 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 25 July 2019 - 01:45 PM, said:

Actually you're wrong, but from your experience and understanding of artillery I can see where you might make such an unfounded assumption.

If the artillery player is using XVM in combination with a threat assessment based on other intelligence feeds then combined with a limited application of skill they can generally turn a game into a positive outcome for their team.

The player who is solely focusing enemy purple players is not doing what they SHOULD be doing if their winrates in artillery are below 50%.

Thus showing the general incompleteness that goes with blindly using XVM.

Which is then further illustrated often when said poor player ventures forth in a wheeled vehicle.

I agree, arty who use XVM focus aren't doing the right thing.  But, that's not really what I said.

My comment was in response to someone whining that his TANK is always targeted.  No mention of his XVM rating.  My assumption was, if a Chieftain is subject to a sustained arty attack, it's probably because the arty sees that vehicle as the biggest threat.

I guess blindly targeting blues and purples is incompetent (to a degree) but ... it's gotta be better than no sort of tactic at all.  Everyone gotta learn to git gud somehow, even arty players.

Long_Range_Sniper #85 Posted 25 July 2019 - 07:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37588 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostThinGun, on 25 July 2019 - 05:07 PM, said:

My comment was in response to someone whining that his TANK is always targeted.  No mention of his XVM rating.  My assumption was, if a Chieftain is subject to a sustained arty attack, it's probably because the arty sees that vehicle as the biggest threat.

Focusing a tank because the tank is perceived as a threat by virtue that it's "Chieftain" is almost as bad as focusing a tank because of the colour that XVM shows you.

Accurate threat assessment in game is a combination of many factors and they are all mostly situational and change depending on the position of all visible vehicles on the minimap.

Map control is key to winning each game of World of Tanks and so targeting vehicles that are in positions to enhance enemy map control are the foundation to effective play. If a Chieftan is in such a position, or his heading towards such a position where they would gain a clear tactical advantage then they would merit attention. 

But blind targeting of a tank because it's a special vehicle is tactical folly unless a player literally lacks the ability to do anything else.

View PostThinGun, on 25 July 2019 - 05:07 PM, said:

I guess blindly targeting blues and purples is incompetent (to a degree) but ... it's gotta be better than no sort of tactic at all.  Everyone gotta learn to git gud somehow, even arty players.

Using XVM in no way teaches a player to "git gud". It does nothing for them, other than provide a proxy targeting measure that compensates for a lack of ability in that player to actually assess what's going on. Players who actually have the ability to process more than one variable at a time, and assess the changing nature of the battlefield can quite easily assess who is a good player simply from the way they have played. 

If anything XVM might give players information to take a holistic view of their potential strategy for a game, but Von Clausewitz's most famous quote always beats XVM anyway,

Which is why wheeled vehicles seem to confuse so many players. They are predictable, limited in their tactical use, and as a consequence possible to counter if you understand how to address their threat.

ThinGun #86 Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:33 PM

Major

• Player
  • 40368 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 25 July 2019 - 07:57 PM, said:

Focusing a tank because the tank is perceived as a threat by virtue that it's "Chieftain" is almost as bad as focusing a tank because of the colour that XVM shows you.

Accurate threat assessment in game is a combination of many factors and they are all mostly situational and change depending on the position of all visible vehicles on the minimap.

Map control is key to winning each game of World of Tanks and so targeting vehicles that are in positions to enhance enemy map control are the foundation to effective play. If a Chieftan is in such a position, or his heading towards such a position where they would gain a clear tactical advantage then they would merit attention. 

But blind targeting of a tank because it's a special vehicle is tactical folly unless a player literally lacks the ability to do anything else.

Using XVM in no way teaches a player to "git gud". It does nothing for them, other than provide a proxy targeting measure that compensates for a lack of ability in that player to actually assess what's going on. Players who actually have the ability to process more than one variable at a time, and assess the changing nature of the battlefield can quite easily assess who is a good player simply from the way they have played. 

If anything XVM might give players information to take a holistic view of their potential strategy for a game, but Von Clausewitz's most famous quote always beats XVM anyway,

Which is why wheeled vehicles seem to confuse so many players. They are predictable, limited in their tactical use, and as a consequence possible to counter if you understand how to address their threat.

Whatever.  Clearly you feel you that you play at a higher level than us mere mortals.  Enjoy your superiority at pixel tanks.  Me, I'll just get along fine, chugging away at low tier, leaving your pro-level games untainted with my XVM-dependent playstyle. Over and out.

Randomar #87 Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:39 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27714 battles

View PostCobra6, on 25 July 2019 - 12:39 PM, said:

Contrary to the short sightedness which is evident from your reply, flooding the forums which useless WV whine thread after useless WV whine thread by players that just need to improve their skills, is not good for the forums in general as it drowns out more legitimate posts that have some substance and/or are of use to other players.

Much like all the arty threads that kept popping up for years and years.

Cobra 6

But still, you are posting in every single of the threads.

If it is not part of your professional duties, why don't you simply stay away?

If you want to help that the forum becomes better, become a moderator here.

Keep in mind, nobody here needs your permission.
For the people who wants to discuss the wheeled vehicles are you postings annoying, too.

TheComfyChair #88 Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8945 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Not read all the posts but it's worthy of the classic double entendre...… "said the vicar to the farmers wife" 

BeefCrtinBandit #89 Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7569 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

View PostTheComfyChair, on 25 July 2019 - 10:30 PM, said:

Not read all the posts but it's worthy of the classic double entendre...… "said the vicar to the farmers wife" 

is it bad that I had a laugh at this? :teethhappy:

Aries1204 #90 Posted 26 July 2019 - 06:43 AM

Private

• Player
  • 26123 battles
  • [RAKIA] RAKIA

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 25 July 2019 - 12:45 PM, said:

Did you study the present perfect tense?

*edited*

Edited by G_Bg_82, 26 July 2019 - 10:44 AM.
edited due to insults.

Long_Range_Sniper #91 Posted 26 July 2019 - 07:01 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37588 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostThinGun, on 25 July 2019 - 08:33 PM, said:

Whatever.  Clearly you feel you that you play at a higher level than us mere mortals.  Enjoy your superiority at pixel tanks.  Me, I'll just get along fine, chugging away at low tier, leaving your pro-level games untainted with my XVM-dependent playstyle. Over and out.

Breaking News!

Capture.png

What shame if your gameplay is dependent on XVM..............:ohmy:

View PostAries1204, on 26 July 2019 - 05:43 AM, said:

*edited*

Aries, meet ThinGun, ThinGun meet Aries. I hope you'll be very happy together..

Edited by G_Bg_82, 26 July 2019 - 10:48 AM.

Cobra6 #92 Posted 26 July 2019 - 07:17 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16530 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostRandomar, on 25 July 2019 - 08:39 PM, said:

But still, you are posting in every single of the threads.

If it is not part of your professional duties, why don't you simply stay away?

If you want to help that the forum becomes better, become a moderator here.

Keep in mind, nobody here needs your permission.
For the people who wants to discuss the wheeled vehicles are you postings annoying, too.

Well, since I've been on the forums since pretty much the start I do strive to keep them a bit clean as well without too much garbage, either by directly posting like in this thread or simply reporting posts individually.

You can't simply "become" a moderator here, this is not the forum of a game-mod run by people who do this in their spare time. Moderators are official WG positions afaik.

As for your last line: That might be, they might be annoyed which is their right, it's just that they are the outlier, not the norm. So them getting annoyed does hardly make a difference in the grand scheme of things.

Nobody needs my permission indeed but if they sprout cow-manure I will still point it out. (See paragraph 1).

View PostAries1204, on 26 July 2019 - 05:43 AM, said:

*edited*

It looks rather indicative when one starts personally insulting people for no reason, it's a clear indication valid arguments have ran out. *edited*

Nobody is saying we are better in real life, that is not part of the discussion. Just that we may or may not be (far) superior at the game as is evident by statistical data provided by WG. These statistics are facts, not opinions.

Cobra 6

Edited by G_Bg_82, 26 July 2019 - 10:54 AM.

G_Bg_82 #93 Posted 26 July 2019 - 10:55 AM

• 10502 battles
  • [KIDS_] KIDS_

Hi players,

Try to stay in topic, do not discuss the stats of other players and respect each other. Thanks .

G_Bg_82

Prowler_DK #94 Posted 26 July 2019 - 12:06 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 110093 battles
  • [-NFD-] -NFD-

View PostCobra6, on 24 July 2019 - 10:45 AM, said:

And another WV whine thread, really WG should implement a filter that any thread which has "Wheeled Vehicle" in the main post just disables the "submit post" button.

Adapt or die, simple. It's *THAT* easy.

WV's are underwhelming across all tiers except for the T8 premium which is mildly competitive.

Cobra 6

Your stupidity is amazing, fanboy! So many post regarding poorly implemented WVs, has nothing to do with "adapt og die" - in it self a stupid, unintelligent remark. WVs is altering the game meta, and it does it in a bad way. Its not about if the WV is competitive or not - dont you get it? THEY [edited]RUIN THE GAMEPLAY!

Randomar #95 Posted 27 July 2019 - 06:04 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27714 battles

View PostCobra6, on 25 July 2019 - 11:23 AM, said:

Again, just look at the stats of the people complaining and it's very straightforward to see the patterns, they've been there for years :)

> just look at the stats of the people

One more time, look at the stats how many people are actually playing.
http://wot-news.com/...rver/eu/norm/en

> they've been there for years

It's a very positive assumption that only you are believing in.
It is more like they are running away from it.

LordMuffin #96 Posted 27 July 2019 - 07:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 53440 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 25 July 2019 - 04:15 AM, said:

Well that sounds like exciting, dynamic, gameplay.

It is the skillful gameplay of T10.

Also tagged with Lights, Wheeled

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users