Jump to content


This is getting out of hand!

Lights Wheeled

  • Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

OmniWalou #41 Posted 24 July 2019 - 06:00 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 452 battles
  • 552
  • Member since:
    04-13-2019

View PostHomer_J, on 24 July 2019 - 05:38 PM, said:

 No, because you are just like every other wheelywhiner, instead of learning to deal with them you cry.

 

I remember there was one person who had played them and still whined about them. He claimed that he was doing so well in them and that they were better than his other lights... When checking his stats, he was performing worse in the WV than in normal lights. :D I hate that I never took the name up

LordMuffin #42 Posted 24 July 2019 - 07:25 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 53494 battles
  • 13,409
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View PostCobra6, on 24 July 2019 - 10:45 AM, said:

And another WV whine thread, really WG should implement a filter that any thread which has "Wheeled Vehicle" in the main post just disables the "submit post" button.

 

Adapt or die, simple. It's *THAT* easy.

WV's are underwhelming across all tiers except for the T8 premium which is mildly competitive.

 

Cobra 6

Just create a pinned topic, lie arty and MM and other liked parts of the game have.



NUKLEAR_SLUG #43 Posted 25 July 2019 - 04:15 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 34294 battles
  • 4,633
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View Posttajj7, on 24 July 2019 - 03:47 PM, said:

 

Don't feed them your HP?

 

Whenever I sit in a hulldown position in my Super Conqueror (on those rare times arty isn't all over me making my tank useless), the majority of the time people don't fight me or they are as equally as hull down and it becomes a bit of a stand off with the game being decided elsewhere. 

 

Well that sounds like exciting, dynamic, gameplay.



chainreact0r #44 Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:56 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 34762 battles
  • 517
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
  • Member since:
    09-21-2011

View PostOmniWalou, on 24 July 2019 - 04:32 PM, said:

 

Arty is also liked, like r00barb said, people just don't play if for missions so it's evident people like to play it. It's mostly simple and relaxing way of playing.

If the people want easy mode, they might as well be thrown in with bots(actual AI, not the average wot player).

Your average crayon eating arty player consisting of 99% of the arty population won't even notice the difference.



OmniWalou #45 Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:59 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 452 battles
  • 552
  • Member since:
    04-13-2019

View Postchainreact0r, on 25 July 2019 - 06:56 AM, said:

If the people want easy mode, they might as well be thrown in with bots(actual AI, not the average wot player).

Your average crayon eating arty player consisting of 99% of the arty population won't even notice the difference.

 

Who talks about easy mode? I specifically said simple and relaxing as it is a class that can be played without hassle by pressing a few buttons instead of actively moving and engaging at the same time. The arty hate from you is pretty real too, way to go, insult some more people while you're at it.

chainreact0r #46 Posted 25 July 2019 - 07:21 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 34762 battles
  • 517
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
  • Member since:
    09-21-2011

View PostOmniWalou, on 25 July 2019 - 06:59 AM, said:

 

Who talks about easy mode? I specifically said simple and relaxing as it is a class that can be played without hassle by pressing a few buttons instead of actively moving and engaging at the same time. The arty hate from you is pretty real too, way to go, insult some more people while you're at it.

 

Do you even listen to yourself? The only way to make it easier is to turn the gameplay into watching a cinematic where you don't even need to interact. A guy who is playing arty can watch youtube and only alt-tab back into the game every 30 seconds to left click and miss a medium for 500 dmg with driver and ammo rack crits.

And i will insult every pathetic excuse of a human being who plays arty because he sucks in any other class, and focuses players just because they are jelly of their e-peen number or reward tank, both of which they can't reach themselves.



tajj7 #47 Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:55 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28263 battles
  • 16,511
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 25 July 2019 - 03:15 AM, said:

 

Well that sounds like exciting, dynamic, gameplay.

 

LOL, but feeding your tank for free to a hulldown tank in a stronger position than you is exciting, dynamic gameplay?

 

Or clicking on same said player from the back of the map, without even needing to use WAD or the majority of the games skills and mechanics is exciting, dynamic gameplay? 

 

Basically your argument seems to be that someone using their tank to its strengths and using those strengths in a good position should not be allowed to that, so should just slapped down by arty for having the audacity to use their tank correctly in a good position, because its basically cheating and you can't can't think of another way to outplay them (cos your tank has no strengths right?) 

 

Top argument. 

 

View PostOmniWalou, on 25 July 2019 - 05:59 AM, said:

Who talks about easy mode? I specifically said simple and relaxing as it is a class that can be played without hassle by pressing a few buttons instead of actively moving and engaging at the same time. The arty hate from you is pretty real too, way to go, insult some more people while you're at it.

 

Er  'simple and relaxing' is equivalent to easy mode, you are just argument semantics. 

 

The reason arty is 'simple and relaxing' IS because it's easy mode and requires little input or skill set. 

 

Arty is easy mode, it's the easiest class to play in the game and this is shown by the fact that the worst players in the game massively overperform in it. 

 


Edited by tajj7, 25 July 2019 - 09:58 AM.


anonym_iHrBHAoXj0zk #48 Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:04 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 35
  • Member since:
    10-03-2019
*Edited

NUKLEAR_SLUG #49 Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:34 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 34294 battles
  • 4,633
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View Posttajj7, on 25 July 2019 - 09:55 AM, said:

 

LOL, but feeding your tank for free to a hulldown tank in a stronger position than you is exciting, dynamic gameplay?

 

Or clicking on same said player from the back of the map, without even needing to use WAD or the majority of the games skills and mechanics is exciting, dynamic gameplay? 

 

Basically your argument seems to be that someone using their tank to its strengths and using those strengths in a good position should not be allowed to that, so should just slapped down by arty for having the audacity to use their tank correctly in a good position, because its basically cheating and you can't can't think of another way to outplay them (cos your tank has no strengths right?) 

 

Top argument. 

 

The usual anti-arty argument is that arty prevents gameplay by forcing everyone to hide behind a rock. Not seeing how that is  significantly different to everyone just sitting hulldown behind a ridge and staring at each other for 5 minutes. 

 

Using your tank to its strengths should be encouraged, however that doesn't equate to giving you a free pass. Arty exists to help dig out difficult positions and if their is arty in the game you should be accommodating that in how you play.



ThinGun #50 Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:59 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 40429 battles
  • 2,586
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View Postchainreact0r, on 25 July 2019 - 07:21 AM, said:

 

Do you even listen to yourself? The only way to make it easier is to turn the gameplay into watching a cinematic where you don't even need to interact. A guy who is playing arty can watch youtube and only alt-tab back into the game every 30 seconds to left click and miss a medium for 500 dmg with driver and ammo rack crits.

And i will insult every pathetic excuse of a human being who plays arty because he sucks in any other class, and focuses players just because they are jelly of their e-peen number or reward tank, both of which they can't reach themselves.

 

Wow.  Judgemental, much?

HassenderZerhacker #51 Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:04 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 31434 battles
  • 3,345
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

View PostCobra6, on 24 July 2019 - 10:45 AM, said:

And another WV whine thread, really WG should implement a filter that any thread which has "Wheeled Vehicle" in the main post just disables the "submit post" button.

 

Adapt or die, simple. It's *THAT* easy.

WV's are underwhelming across all tiers except for the T8 premium which is mildly competitive.

 

Cobra 6

 

bla bla...

I won't adapt but I won't die either.

I'm again fed up with the game that is heading entirely in the wrong direction, I guess I'll again take a long holiday from it.

 

Frontline ruined, teambattles gone, more and more stupid OP premiums coming all the time, wheeled vehicles disrupting gameplay, now advanced equipment being handed out with a boring, grindy gamemode...

BYE



tajj7 #52 Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:13 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28263 battles
  • 16,511
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 25 July 2019 - 09:34 AM, said:

 

The usual anti-arty argument is that arty prevents gameplay by forcing everyone to hide behind a rock. Not seeing how that is  significantly different to everyone just sitting hulldown behind a ridge and staring at each other for 5 minutes. 

 

Using your tank to its strengths should be encouraged, however that doesn't equate to giving you a free pass. Arty exists to help dig out difficult positions and if their is arty in the game you should be accommodating that in how you play.

 

Being hull down isn't a free pass, like I said people don't just sit there and feed me damage in my SC, they try to flank, try find different angles into the side of my turret etc. There are options, there are too many hull down tanks I'll agree to that and bad map design forces them into the same limited spots, but there are still options and counterplay at least. Not with arty there isn't. 

 

Point is accommodating arty into how you play is basically hard camp and hope you can do something from your big rock. 

 

It doesn't make playing your tank to its strengths in a strong position harder, it completely neutralises it and makes it pointless even trying. And there is literally nothing you can do to counter it.

 

I will prefer to face a strong hull down tank in a strong position all day every day over artillery, because I know the former gives me options and ways to counter play, the latter does not.

 

Try playing an SC in a game with two/three tier 10 arties and having purple wn8, and then come back and tell me how it went and what 'accommodations' you had to make. 

 

--------------------------------------

 

@spamvermin, reported, hopefully a mod will be along soon to remove you and your offensive posts. If you can't discuss like an adult using actual arguments instead of just mindless personal attacks, then its best you take a forum holiday. 


Edited by tajj7, 25 July 2019 - 11:15 AM.


Cobra6 #53 Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:23 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16530 battles
  • 17,572
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

View Post7thSyndicate, on 24 July 2019 - 03:40 PM, said:

 

I know many good players that dont like wheelchairs, you might need to do your research again

 

Are they really good then, or just above average (below <57% wr)?

 

View Postr00barb, on 24 July 2019 - 03:44 PM, said:

 

By that standard pretty much everyone also hates light tanks, heavy tanks and platoons. Guess it's mediums or TDs then. Oh, right, not TDs because they can remain unspotted while firing and some of them have big alpha, there's been a number of threads about them so they have to be out too.

 

Play mediums or don't play appears to be your message. Or you could accept that generalising your personal view isn't such a good idea. It's ok, I already know the latter isn't going to happen, we've been around this loop before. :rolleyes:

 

TD's are generally also hated by bad players indeed, they are fairly straightforward to almost completely avoid if you play semi decently.

Light tanks are hated by bad players because they are the highest skill based class in this game, so for obvious reasons.

Heavies, disliked if artificially over-armored by good players and liked by by bad players for exactly this same reason. Otherwise not much complaining about them.

Mediums, pretty neutral as well.

 

Again, just look at the stats of the people complaining and it's very straightforward to see the patterns, they've been there for years :)

 

Cobra 6



chainreact0r #54 Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:25 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 34762 battles
  • 517
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
  • Member since:
    09-21-2011

View PostThinGun, on 25 July 2019 - 10:59 AM, said:

 

Wow.  Judgemental, much?

 

If you would read the whole sentence, it suddenly wouldn't be as judgemental as you make it out to be by highlighting only half of it.

BrinklyWollox #55 Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:30 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 27533 battles
  • 11,120
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostCobra6, on 25 July 2019 - 10:23 AM, said:

Are they really good then, or just above average (below <57% wr)?

 

TD's are generally also hated by bad players indeed, they are fairly straightforward to almost completely avoid if you play semi decently.

Light tanks are hated by bad players because they are the highest skill based class in this game, so for obvious reasons.

Heavies, disliked if artificially over-armored by good players and liked by by bad players for exactly this same reason. Otherwise not much complaining about them.

Mediums, pretty neutral as well.

 

Again, just look at the stats of the people complaining and it's very straightforward to see the patterns, they've been there for years :)

 

What an odd way to concede that I've made a valid point. :confused:



Long_Range_Sniper #56 Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:33 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 37663 battles
  • 10,791
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    04-04-2011

View PostCobra6, on 25 July 2019 - 10:23 AM, said:

Are they really good then, or just above average (below <57% wr)?

 

I know pirat has strong feelings about WV's. I played the 105 a fair bit in the last campaign, and I must admit it was annoying from many perspectives, but also turned a few games.

 

View Postspamvermin, on 25 July 2019 - 09:04 AM, said:

here i fixed it for you

 

250 games to just try and annoy Spammy with an alt. That's dedication! So either someone banned, or too embarrassed to admit they've returned to the forum after a previous flounce?

 

View Postchainreact0r, on 25 July 2019 - 10:25 AM, said:

If you would read the whole sentence, it suddenly wouldn't be as judgemental as you make it out to be by highlighting only half of it.

 

Welcome to the club. FL shows a new level of arty focus though. I've been told XVM works in FL now as well.

 

But also, in a WV in FL you do feel that literally everyone is trying to shoot you as well.



Aries1204 #57 Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:40 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 26126 battles
  • 26
  • [RAKIA] RAKIA
  • Member since:
    06-17-2014

View PostCobra6, on 24 July 2019 - 02:04 PM, said:

 

Didn't you get the memo? Arty is supposed to counter camping, not counter players using their tank effectively in a battle. It's a common misconception.

 

And yes, pretty much everyone hates arty, why do you think the class already had to go through 3 complete rebalances? Wargaming is not doing that if there is no reason to. No other class in the game has been so extensively reworked as arty over multiple iterations.

Coincidentally it's also why Armored Warfare removed arty from PvP modes completely and WT doesn't even feature an arty class but has it as a consumable.

 


Because it can get to a spotting location the fastest (very important in highly competitive modes), in a fight it's rather less useful.

 

Cobra 6

 

Arty is gettin rebalanced because of "high profile" whiners like your self. I don't like get artied but I much more don't like to get auto-lock shoted by a WV who is running over the hills at 90 kp/h. The game is called WOT, not Mad Max.

tajj7 #58 Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:45 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28263 battles
  • 16,511
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

View PostAries1204, on 25 July 2019 - 10:40 AM, said:

 

Arty is gettin rebalanced because of "high profile" whiners like your self. I don't like get artied but I much more don't like to get auto-lock shoted by a WV who is running over the hills at 90 kp/h. The game is called WOT, not Mad Max.

 

It's funny that Cobra6 states a 'stereotype' of a wheeled vehicle complainer and then someone quotes him who matches the stereotype.

 

:D



ThinGun #59 Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:57 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 40429 battles
  • 2,586
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View Postchainreact0r, on 25 July 2019 - 11:25 AM, said:

 

If you would read the whole sentence, it suddenly wouldn't be as judgemental as you make it out to be by highlighting only half of it.

 

I read the whole sentence.  You judged all the players of a class of tanks as 'a pathetic excuse for a human' based purely on what YOU think are their motivations.

 

Way to go.  Do you have a 'Let's make WG Great Again' baseball cap?



Long_Range_Sniper #60 Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:59 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 37663 battles
  • 10,791
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    04-04-2011

View PostAries1204, on 25 July 2019 - 10:40 AM, said:

Arty is gettin rebalanced because of "high profile" whiners like your self. 

 

What a load of Aries.







Also tagged with Lights, Wheeled

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users