PvE is equivalent to WG selling bonds for money

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Dragos_CS #1 Posted 25 July 2019 - 01:32 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 22144 battles
  • [LGEND] LGEND

The PvE mode starting in little while has as rewards 2 pieces of improved equipment worth 10k bonds.

The mode is obviously a mindless grind, with tiers and whatnot you have to earn by spamming games. But wait! You can buy boosters (to shorten the grind) with actual money.

As many will probably not be able to earn the equipment without these boosters, WG is essentially selling bonds (in the shape of improved equipment) for money off boosters.

To add insult to injury, the amount of games you can play each day is limited by a "fuel" mechanic similar to what trashy mobile games have.

Congratulations WG, you have found a convoluted way to sell bonds even though you declared you never will. You have outdone yourselves!

Edit, from the announcement:

"You have the opportunity to speed up your progress and get valuable bond equipment faster by purchasing special bundles"

Edited by Dragos_CS, 25 July 2019 - 01:40 AM.

Stevies_Team #2 Posted 25 July 2019 - 01:42 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11059 battles
Or you can just chillout and shoot tonks
00:43 Added after 1 minute

What is it with you people that you have to blindly obey orders

Any German can tell you

Thats

not

a

good

idea

Element6 #3 Posted 25 July 2019 - 02:22 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31500 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Any person who says he/she will never do something is not to be trusted, they cannot know what will happen in the future. 

Spurtung #4 Posted 25 July 2019 - 02:38 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 73354 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT
I'd agree if we could trade the equipment for bonds, which we can't.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #5 Posted 25 July 2019 - 03:13 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33829 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
This would be the same bond equipment that was going to 'utterly break the game' by shaving 0.1 second off someones reload?

Still waiting for the replay that shows someone losing to a player because bond2win equipment...

tajj7 #6 Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:49 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27956 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Er no, boosters are classic WOTs pay elements in that they are pay to save time, I see no difference here.

(let's leave aside that improve equipment is not Bonds anyway, and as others have mentioned above improved equipment is hardly problematic anyway)

Let's look at a simple fact - 

Everyone can get those two pieces of improved equipment by just playing the game and spending no money. 

Thus no, even if improved equipment was equivalent to bonds (which is isn't), that is not selling bonds for money.

undutchable80 #7 Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:57 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 11364 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
And even if you buy the bundles to get to division 3, you still need to earn 2000 points to get the improved equipment...

LincolnTank #8 Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:59 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9922 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Every time something new appears the trolls come out too. What exactly is it you’re expecting of a company that exists by making money for the product it produces? Do you think the WG developers and staff create the game for the fun of it and don’t expect to be paid for the work they do?

Get real!  Life unfortunately is about
Money and goes hand in glove with a supply and demand process. No one forces you to play the new content when it comes out and no one forces you to pay for items. You can go pay for free totally and still enjoy it. If you’re not enjoying it, then it may be time for a break

Sirebellus #9 Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22751 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 25 July 2019 - 03:13 AM, said:

This would be the same bond equipment that was going to 'utterly break the game' by shaving 0.1 second off someones reload?

Still waiting for the replay that shows someone losing to a player because bond2win equipment...

It's going to shave 0.22 secs off my leFH's reload time... :trollface:

jack_timber #10 Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:12 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 39828 battles

View PostDragos_CS, on 25 July 2019 - 12:32 AM, said:

The PvE mode starting in little while has as rewards 2 pieces of improved equipment worth 10k bonds.

The mode is obviously a mindless grind, with tiers and whatnot you have to earn by spamming games. 

Critise this new mode before playing then, priceless.

Funnily enough I tend to wait and see what it's like before forming an opinion.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #11 Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:16 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33829 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostSirebellus, on 25 July 2019 - 10:05 AM, said:

The fact you know that to that level of accuracy.. You disgust me, sir! For shame!

r00barb #12 Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:24 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27533 battles

WG sell premium tanks and you can play battles with premium tanks and if you happen to play well enough to get a medal, you get bonds as a reward and that's exactly the same as selling the bonds for cash THAT THEY SAID THEY'D NEVER DO!!! REMEMBER THE MUTANT!!!! 

That's how stupid this sounds.

DeadLecter #13 Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:29 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31723 battles

Dude you really think that WG would never sell bonds for money? WG?

They would sell anything if they knew people would spend money on it. That's why all online games go to sh1t after a short time.

First they are all nice and treat you with respect and once they have a large enough playerbase they start milking. It's just that WoT has managed to keep it's player base for such a long time since it's got no real competition. The closest game to WoT is WarThunder which has nothing in common with WoT other than they are both about tanks.

Dragos_CS #14 Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:43 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 22144 battles
  • [LGEND] LGEND

View PostSpurtung, on 25 July 2019 - 02:38 AM, said:

I'd agree if we could trade the equipment for bonds, which we can't.

This is what a good part of the playerbase spends their bonds on, myself included. It makes little difference as buying equipment is what id do with bonds anyway.

View Posttajj7, on 25 July 2019 - 09:49 AM, said:

Er no, boosters are classic WOTs pay elements in that they are pay to save time, I see no difference here.

(let's leave aside that improve equipment is not Bonds anyway, and as others have mentioned above improved equipment is hardly problematic anyway)

Let's look at a simple fact - 

Everyone can get those two pieces of improved equipment by just playing the game and spending no money. 

Thus no, even if improved equipment was equivalent to bonds (which is isn't), that is not selling bonds for money.

And i will probably have no problem getting the equipment by spending no money on their boosters. That does not change the fact that this event includes an indirect money -> bonds conversion, which is unprecedented.

View PostLincolnTank, on 25 July 2019 - 09:59 AM, said:

Every time something new appears the trolls come out too. What exactly is it you’re expecting of a company that exists by making money for the product it produces? Do you think the WG developers and staff create the game for the fun of it and don’t expect to be paid for the work they do?

Get real! Life unfortunately is about
Money and goes hand in glove with a supply and demand process. No one forces you to play the new content when it comes out and no one forces you to pay for items. You can go pay for free totally and still enjoy it. If you’re not enjoying it, then it may be time for a break

And i now this very well, probably having spent more money than the average player. However, if recent developments in the gaming industry have shown something, it is that unchecked greed is not a sustainable way to run an online game. Keeping your player base happy is better in the long run.

Its a shitty move, akin their "Rubicon" patch which we know how it turned out.

View Postjack_timber, on 25 July 2019 - 10:12 AM, said:

Critise this new mode before playing then, priceless.

Funnily enough I tend to wait and see what it's like before forming an opinion.

Fair enough, i might be misjudging the mode. They still slapped a grind to it, the most badly designed ive seen so far.

SaintMaddenus #15 Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:43 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 37731 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSirebellus, on 25 July 2019 - 10:05 AM, said:

like my rammer on my Churchill III  ;)

StinkyStonky #16 Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:43 AM

Major

• Player
  • 33743 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

It's the same as a premium account.

If you buy a premium account then you can get 25 bonds a day that you otherwise wouldn't be able to get.

PvE bosters are the same.

Dragos_CS #17 Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:46 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 22144 battles
  • [LGEND] LGEND

View PostDeadLecter, on 25 July 2019 - 10:29 AM, said:

Dude you really think that WG would never sell bonds for money? WG?

They would sell anything if they knew people would spend money on it. That's why all online games go to sh1t after a short time.

First they are all nice and treat you with respect and once they have a large enough playerbase they start milking. It's just that WoT has managed to keep it's player base for such a long time since it's got no real competition. The closest game to WoT is WarThunder which has nothing in common with WoT other than they are both about tanks.

This is the main point. It sets an unhealthy precedent for the game. Next is bonds for money, then bomds shop with Chieftains and 907s and voila, T10 premiums for sale. Its a slippery road amd its worth raising attention to it.

View Poststaurinsh, on 25 July 2019 - 10:33 AM, said:

Trusting what russians said is stupid idea by default.

Any company mostly, not just russian ones.

tajj7 #18 Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:52 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27956 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostDragos_CS, on 25 July 2019 - 09:43 AM, said:

And i will probably have no problem getting the equipment by spending no money on their boosters. That does not change the fact that this event includes an indirect money -> bonds conversion, which is unprecedented.

No it doesn't. 

Improved equipment is not bonds and boosters are paying to save time, they are not paying for gold for example.

Like r00barb said above, by your wonky logic anything paid for in game, can be used to get bonds, therefore they are selling bonds for money.

Answer this simple question, can you go on to the premium shop right now and buy some bonds with a credit card?

Yes or no. 

Wintermute_1 #19 Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:53 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 49576 battles
At this point believing WG will hold to their promises is just naive. Bonds are gonna be sold at some stage.

malachi6 #20 Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:58 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 50920 battles
You have the information to make an informed decision and have instead decided to sulk?  Any business that wants to make money is going to indulge in shady if not immoral practices; it's the price we pay for our consumer society.  All any of us can do is think carefully about how we spend our money and choose not to spend it with the worst offenders.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users