• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

LordMuffin #41 Posted 25 July 2019 - 03:56 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 52233 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 25 July 2019 - 03:54 PM, said:

But the fuel stacks so no problem for the two free dialy ones.

Are you sure the fuel stacks? 

fieldmarshal_tonyhuynh #42 Posted 25 July 2019 - 04:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8586 battles

View Postarthurwellsley, on 25 July 2019 - 02:03 PM, said:

Thanks for this information.

So I take it that 1,500 gold will be required to buy into each of the six divisions at level III and then play the remainder to get to level IV. First however waiting a few days for the non-purchasers to catch up to level III by grinding so that my allies are vaguely useful.

1,500 multiplied by the six divisions therefore requires 9,000 gold is that correct?

I am out of the office on a laptop and so cannot log into the game currently to check for myself.

...yes 9000 gold is correct...I think one should just focus just 1 division or even just 1 front at a time and not spread out among too many divisions...that way, if you end up only able to do just do one front, then you can still get one purple equipment...you also won't have to spend all 9000 gold because you will be able to do/complete some of the divisions by yourself...also if you are waiting a few days to start, you should play and do the random battle mission to earn fuel tokens while you wait to start...you get two tokens free per day and you can also earn an extra 2 tokens by playing about 3 random battles per day...so while you wait, you can build up about 4 fuel tokens per day...

RockyRoller #43 Posted 25 July 2019 - 04:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37648 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 25 July 2019 - 02:13 AM, said:

This would be the same bond equipment that was going to 'utterly break the game' by shaving 0.1 second off someones reload?

Still waiting for the replay that shows someone losing to a player because bond2win equipment...

Been out spotted many a time against clans who if they haven't by now totally equipped 5 skilled crews and all bond equipment I'd be amazed.

If you can see the inc before they can ever see you then focus fire, it's a 15 - 0 with zero damage to your side game. Simple game mechanics.

Jumping_Turtle #44 Posted 25 July 2019 - 04:11 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 68670 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostLordMuffin, on 25 July 2019 - 03:56 PM, said:

Are you sure the fuel stacks? 

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/714056-homefront-give-them-nothing/page__st__180__p__17094890#entry17094890

Asked it in the announcement part and Sael said it stacks.

Moulie #45 Posted 25 July 2019 - 04:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11369 battles
  • [RDDTR] RDDTR
Tried 2 games of it, well 1 2/3 as i quit out in disgust before the end of the last one. I think it was while i was triple bushed nibbling away at the panther i  had tracked with my SU-76M that it hit me, just as the panther did, that its an utter bo11ocks pay to win waste of time. Enemy bombing runs you can't escape from, tier 4's with HE vs tier 7 heavies or mediums that can end the game just by crossing a line 3/4 of the way down the map, cammo mechanics not seeming to matter and the 'oh, but you can buy your way to the top' statement as soon as the mode is released. Nope, homefarce goes in the same bucket as craplines.

Spurtung #46 Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:28 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 73354 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostDragos_CS, on 25 July 2019 - 09:43 AM, said:

View PostSpurtung, on 25 July 2019 - 02:38 AM, said:

I'd agree if we could trade the equipment for bonds, which we can't.

This is what a good part of the playerbase spends their bonds on, myself included. It makes little difference as buying equipment is what id do with bonds anyway.

I never bought any improved equipment, despite having 49k bonds.

It was your choice to do so, and giving out improved equipment is still not the same thing, I'm sorry if they're interchangeable for you, but that correlation is not factual.

Dorander #47 Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:23 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

If everything you can buy with bonds can be bought for money, then whether you can buy bonds with money or not is, as a question, immaterial. It just skips the intermediate currency. It'd take an exceedingly strict reading of the phrase "We will not sell bonds for money" to claim that they haven't then broken that promise.

Of course it isn't the case that we can buy everything that bonds can buy for money, there's directives and the upcoming tank bond shop. However the area covered by the claim of rewards that can't be bought for money, when some of those rewards can be bought for money, does shrink.

That said, I don't consider the promise to ever have much worth to begin with. Both because I fully expected it'd be broken at some point in the future, and because I really wouldn't give a monkey whether they sell bonds or not to begin with. Directives can be very useful but they've been raining as rewards from FL and other specials. The impact of the bond shop remains to be seen. I really don't care if they did start selling bonds for money, I don't trust the word of anyone who tries to sell me something on matters of the product they're trying to sell me.

smokeytheband1t #48 Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:35 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9606 battles

View PostLincolnTank, on 25 July 2019 - 09:59 AM, said:

Every time something new appears the trolls come out too. What exactly is it you’re expecting of a company that exists by making money for the product it produces? Do you think the WG developers and staff create the game for the fun of it and don’t expect to be paid for the work they do?

Get real! Life unfortunately is about
Money and goes hand in glove with a supply and demand process. No one forces you to play the new content when it comes out and no one forces you to pay for items. You can go pay for free totally and still enjoy it. If you’re not enjoying it, then it may be time for a break

there's a distinct difference between honest business and predatory behaviour.. this is the latter.

MOON_n1 #49 Posted 26 July 2019 - 12:40 AM

Private

• Player
  • 8917 battles
I was hyped for something new in Wot, downloaded new patch for like 1 hour. Then I played 2 games and I couldnt press Battle again. I asked myself like "wtf is this, is this bug or what?" Then someone from twitch told me that I need to buy more fuel for gold. Instant alt+f4 this crap game. Nice event wg, 10 minutes of playing. 

Spurtung #50 Posted 26 July 2019 - 01:00 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 73354 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostMOON_n1, on 25 July 2019 - 11:40 PM, said:

I was hyped for something new in Wot, downloaded new patch for like 1 hour. Then I played 2 games and I couldnt press Battle again. I asked myself like "wtf is this, is this bug or what?" Then someone from twitch told me that I need to buy more fuel for gold. Instant alt+f4 this crap game. Nice event wg, 10 minutes of playing. 

I like it how you do zero research, take someone's word for it and call it a day.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #51 Posted 26 July 2019 - 03:58 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33829 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostSpurtung, on 26 July 2019 - 01:00 AM, said:

I like it how you do zero research, take someone's word for it and call it a day.

But a random pleb on the internet told him so it must be true. Random plebs on the internet wouldn't lie!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users