salt slatyaf sosalty

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Shypax #1 Posted 26 July 2019 - 01:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17324 battles
  • [DURKA] DURKA
so im curious, the players who camp in base, especially going to hide with IS-3 in bushes and such , why ? what do you expect to gain from it ? when you can shoot everyone else is dead and you are gonna loose, = bad exp and bad credits , or you dont do any damage and just afk entire game .= nothing .. why dont you play your role?

also people who play light tanks , why do you continue to go fight infront of the heavys ? why do you continue to take your scout tank and think you will do ANYTHING but die to a heavy , why dont you play your role?

people playing tank destroyers, why do you rush up and die ? why dont you do what your tank is designed to do and stay in the back and camp ? why dont you play your role?

why , in tier 8-9-10 games i continue to find people not playing their role , i understand some tanks blur the line between medium and light etc , but when you play a sheridan , why do you go fight vs tier 10 heavys ? whats your plan, if you wanna go fight heavys play a damn heavy tank how hard is it to comprehend? your not helping, your a massive disadvantage for your team ,so you might do 1k damage but your team looses and you loose credits/repair cost/time..

if you dont understand the role you are supposed to play at tier 6 or above , you are really really really not gonna learn . if you still continue to do this as tier 8-10 , you are literally one of the biggest reason this game is dying .

Cobra6 #2 Posted 26 July 2019 - 01:48 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16505 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostShypax, on 26 July 2019 - 12:42 PM, said:

so im curious, the players who camp in base, especially going to hide with IS-3 in bushes and such , why ? what do you expect to gain from it ? when you can shoot everyone else is dead and you are gonna loose, = bad exp and bad credits , or you dont do any damage and just afk entire game .= nothing .. why dont you play your role?

also people who play light tanks , why do you continue to go fight infront of the heavys ? why do you continue to take your scout tank and think you will do ANYTHING but die to a heavy , why dont you play your role?

people playing tank destroyers, why do you rush up and die ? why dont you do what your tank is designed to do and stay in the back and camp ? why dont you play your role?

why , in tier 8-9-10 games i continue to find people not playing their role , i understand some tanks blur the line between medium and light etc , but when you play a sheridan , why do you go fight vs tier 10 heavys ? whats your plan, if you wanna go fight heavys play a damn heavy tank how hard is it to comprehend? your not helping, your a massive disadvantage for your team ,so you might do 1k damage but your team looses and you loose credits/repair cost/time..

if you dont understand the role you are supposed to play at tier 6 or above , you are really really really not gonna learn . if you still continue to do this as tier 8-10 , you are literally one of the biggest reason this game is dying .

Well, when driving a light tank I usually go fight with heavies since most heavy tank drivers are worse players then me, so I usually come out on top of those scraps and if not I extract from the situation to preserve my gun.

I don't know why bad players in light tanks go fight heavies though. They indeed usually die.

But in general, traditional roles (lights spot, heavies brawl, TD's snipe) is best employed by average/bad players as they can't reliably play  any vehicle out of it's role. They try, but mostly fail at it.

It takes a good players with tactical insight to ensure a vehicle can be played successfully (and consistently) out of it's comfort zone. 

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 26 July 2019 - 02:09 PM.

Mimos_A #3 Posted 26 July 2019 - 02:02 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29141 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH

View PostShypax, on 26 July 2019 - 01:42 PM, said:

Because after several spotting runs for people who don't pay attention or just don't hit or pen their shots, I'm usually off to do something constructive, like killing enemies and winning the game. There's no point in spotting for people who don't do any damage, sit in garbage positions or can't aim.

Shypax #4 Posted 26 July 2019 - 02:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17324 battles
  • [DURKA] DURKA

i couldnt agree more, not saying you cant take a good player and go to fight heavys in a light, but i think your right about the rest, its simply because they think they have the skills to do it and is basically clueless, but i dont understand if you by tier 6+ dont know what the F you are doing, why do you continue to play? im not saying you cant improve but if you are clueless and have more than a tier 6 its not gonna be fun for anyone, not the player not the team ..  its like people dont understand this game takes some form of skill , not saying im pro or anything ,but when i play a heavy tank i sure as hell dont go to a TD bush and camp .. i still hope for the day WG add in a skill based match maker, so you can put the unicums into unicums games so they can get a challange, and throw all the noobs into a section where they can do what they want without ruining the game for the players who wanna do missions etc .

Cant tell you how bad its become now WG is basically handing out free tier 10s with all the new X4 boost, buyable booster, blue prints, merits , free cash , free daily exp boost missions.. its much easier now to fail their way to a tier 10

View PostCobra6, on 26 July 2019 - 12:48 PM, said:

Well, when driving a light tank I usually go fight with heavies since most heavy tank drivers are worse players then me, so I usually come out on top of those scraps and if not I extract from the situation to preserve my gun.

I don't know why bad players in light tanks go fight heavies though. They indeed usually die.

But in general traditional roles (lights spot, heavies brawl, TD's snipe) is best employed by average/bad players as they can't reliably play a any vehicle out of it's role. They try, but mostly fail at it.

It takes a good players with tactical insight to ensure a vehicle can be played successfully (and consistently) out of it's comfort zone. 

Cobra 6

onderschepper #5 Posted 26 July 2019 - 02:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2168 battles
  • [BOF] BOF

It's possible to multi-role vehicles but the biggest determining factor is the team for how successful such actions shall be.

I have a replay in the relevant section where an ELC Bis and I (in a JdPzIV), without any communication/ map pinging, were able to take one flank on Prokhorovka unto ourselves due to the HT on our flank deciding to play wannabe sniper (quite unsuccessfully, I might add).

Obviously not an ideal scenario, especially when we were both one hit kills for some vehicles, but it worked. :playing:

Bordhaw #6 Posted 27 July 2019 - 11:46 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14476 battles

View PostShypax, on 26 July 2019 - 12:42 PM, said:

Maybe you should practice your own skills and role before coming here and criticising everyone else?

malachi6 #7 Posted 27 July 2019 - 12:21 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 50920 battles

What I read is play the way I think you should.  Problem with this philosophy is quite straight forward.  It dictate that everybody think and act like the OP.  Ignores that fact that the word random is used in the title of the main game mode.  Ignores the veil of ignorance theory.

I could go on, but again all I see here is a person that loses and focuses upon things they cannot fix while ignoring themselves.  To my mind when playing randoms there is only one person you are playing against.

Blubba #8 Posted 27 July 2019 - 12:34 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 59429 battles

A bit black and white. Some heavies are more just heavy mediums, some meds are heavies. Some TD's are snipers but some are assault vehicles. 

Whilst I get your gist, a good player can see the difference and exploit it. Sadly that's not me but I've seen it done numerous times.

Some maps play to the traditional strengths of certain classes and sometimes, all you get is fertilizer. 

There are an awful lot of variables. Whilst your thoughts have some merit, it's an awfully wide brush.

Lagalaza #9 Posted 27 July 2019 - 01:02 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7707 battles
  • [D-ANG] D-ANG

Even as a poor playing noob I appreciate that there is way more to WoT than simply sticking to generic roleplay. There are all sorts of variables from the strengths and weaknesses of individual tanks to the map you are on to the make-up of your team. Different situations arise in battle that demand different approaches.

Sitting in a corner in a TD waiting for something to happen in front of you when you are top tier in an SU-100 is not the right thing to do. Driving head on for a slugfest in a bottom tier T1 Heavy is definitely not the right thing to do. Taking your medium off to an open flank when there is a really good hull down position right in front of you is ok in a Cromwell but plain daft in a Sherman Jumbo.

Those are just the obvious ones I can think of right now. It's a dynamic game with ever changing battle situations that demand varying approaches. That's why it's hard to be good and why it is so much fun to play.

hasnainrakha57 #10 Posted 27 July 2019 - 11:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17402 battles
This situation also happens a lot your team got 10 players alive and enemy like 2 to 3 and team is killing them and suddenly game ends coz your 2-3 team mates cap enemy base and it makes me go rage and see their stats yup 45%...
22:04 Added after 0 minute
This situation also happens a lot your team got 10 players alive and enemy like 2 to 3 and team is killing them and suddenly game ends coz your 2-3 team mates cap enemy base and it makes me go rage and see their stats yup 45%...

ThinGun #11 Posted 27 July 2019 - 11:25 PM

Major

• Player
  • 39261 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO
I base camp because I drive a TD and it's expected of me.

UrQuan #12 Posted 27 July 2019 - 11:29 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21323 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Generally, playing to your role is fine. But you got to know when & where you can step out your role, or if you play a vehicle that doesn't fit within the classic role (an AMX 50 100 is classed as an HT, but it certainly won't play like one)

Skorpion TD is another nice example, it can fill a double role of TD/med pretty well thanks to its mobility & gun.

And more often then no, map circumstances can make you fill roles you normally don't do, sometimes you even got to take on roles your tank is absolutely not fit for, but when the situation needs it & you are the next best thing? Best go for it & hope for the best.

KV-4's taking the active scouting role on prokorovka (TB)

Shivvering #13 Posted 28 July 2019 - 11:52 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 33079 battles

View PostShypax, on 26 July 2019 - 01:42 PM, said:

Not all tanks 'fit' the role you have decided here. Assault TDs spring to mind.

LincolnTank #14 Posted 28 July 2019 - 11:57 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9616 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
In recent games it’s been get rolled or do the rolling. I can’t say aim surprised that players hang back to attempt to get a few hits in before the gank squad arrives and you end up like a cowboy’s hat full of arrows

splash_time #15 Posted 28 July 2019 - 12:49 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11984 battles
  • [GRFIN] GRFIN

Well, let's see, basecap:

Only players who almost didn't shot anything, and they just moved with the team, such as snail HTs,TDs, they capture to end the game and start and new one.

Ok, lights?

My play style is aggressive, and i like to flank with lights, and most of the time my plans work, but players who attack heavies, i think they are testing the gun on armored tanks. :D

And an advice from me, stop complaining mate, complaining won't help you, this is how it works, most the players are "avrage players",  so don't expect a lot!!. :)

Bulldog_Drummond #16 Posted 28 July 2019 - 12:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32663 battles

View PostUrQuan, on 27 July 2019 - 10:29 PM, said:

Generally, playing to your role is fine. But you got to know when & where you can step out your role, or if you play a vehicle that doesn't fit within the classic role (an AMX 50 100 is classed as an HT, but it certainly won't play like one)

Skorpion TD is another nice example, it can fill a double role of TD/med pretty well thanks to its mobility & gun.

And more often then no, map circumstances can make you fill roles you normally don't do, sometimes you even got to take on roles your tank is absolutely not fit for, but when the situation needs it & you are the next best thing? Best go for it & hope for the best.

My KV220 heavy usually gets quite a lot of spotting, and it even has quite a few Scout and Patrol Duty medals.  It's rare that it isn't well in advance of the rest of my team, and the optics I put on it help.  Best seen as a heavy recce tank.

Shypax #17 Posted 28 July 2019 - 01:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17324 battles
  • [DURKA] DURKA

View PostBordhaw, on 27 July 2019 - 10:46 AM, said:

Maybe you should practice your own skills and role before coming here and criticising everyone else?

maybe you should adress the topic instead of attacking me , im fully aware im not an amazing player, i even said so in the post, and its my right to speak out when i for the 10th game in a row loose because of a scout that drives up and dies within 30s of game start, or when yet another is3 sits behind arty in a bush and camps ..

View PostUrQuan, on 27 July 2019 - 10:29 PM, said:

uh if you take the scorp G with terrible armor, slow moving turret, giant and boxy to fight next to heavys , you are indeed the problem .

12:14 Added after 6 minute

View PostLagalaza, on 27 July 2019 - 12:02 PM, said:

Even as a poor playing noob I appreciate that there is way more to WoT than simply sticking to generic roleplay. There are all sorts of variables from the strengths and weaknesses of individual tanks to the map you are on to the make-up of your team. Different situations arise in battle that demand different approaches.

Sitting in a corner in a TD waiting for something to happen in front of you when you are top tier in an SU-100 is not the right thing to do. Driving head on for a slugfest in a bottom tier T1 Heavy is definitely not the right thing to do. Taking your medium off to an open flank when there is a really good hull down position right in front of you is ok in a Cromwell but plain daft in a Sherman Jumbo.

Those are just the obvious ones I can think of right now. It's a dynamic game with ever changing battle situations that demand varying approaches. That's why it's hard to be good and why it is so much fun to play.

not saying there isnt some tanks that bends the role, im not saying that ALL tds must stay in the corner and camp , and for sure you can have some great games if you have a op tank as top tier, but im saying that when your bottom tier light in a tier 10 game ,and you just drive up and die, i get fustrated, or refuse to move from the first bush he drove into, or best one is hiding behind a building the entire game thinking hes helping .

i hate when you see a obj 430U best brawling medium in the game, stay in a bush next to arty and try to snipe, when people dont understand the basics of their gun/tank and refuse to learn by game 20k + they are never gonna learn , and is ruining the game.

12:17 Added after 9 minute

View Postmalachi6, on 27 July 2019 - 11:21 AM, said:

What I read is play the way I think you should.  Problem with this philosophy is quite straight forward.  It dictate that everybody think and act like the OP.  Ignores that fact that the word random is used in the title of the main game mode.  Ignores the veil of ignorance theory.

I could go on, but again all I see here is a person that loses and focuses upon things they cannot fix while ignoring themselves.  To my mind when playing randoms there is only one person you are playing against.

okay , you are clearly clueless as what to random means in world of tank , it dosnt mean pick oho and go and scout, it dosnt mean pick your scop G and go to the front and fight heavys .. it means you will get a random map.. holy crap your arrogance is staggering ..

RockyRoller #18 Posted 28 July 2019 - 02:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37266 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

nt

There are days I look at the players my clan are up against and say some, or all the clan, need to stay in the cap to defend against fast charges to cap us before our main force can return

In the end they pays their money and can do whatever is allowed in the rules, and if that means they wants to camp in the cap, just suk it up or pay their WG bills.

Edited by RockyRoller, 28 July 2019 - 02:59 PM.

fwhaatpiraat #19 Posted 28 July 2019 - 03:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 56365 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
I didn't know that I should fight according to the vehicle class. I usually try to get map control or - when I see my team is about to lose - try to make a big play in order to win the game. I should listen to the advice of people like you, OP. Thanks for the great insight, it makes me play better.

spamhamstar #20 Posted 28 July 2019 - 07:36 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 64313 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

View PostShypax, on 28 July 2019 - 12:07 PM, said:

maybe you should adress the topic instead of attacking me , im fully aware im not an amazing player, i even said so in the post, and its my right to speak out when i for the 10th game in a row loose because of a scout that drives up and dies within 30s of game start, or when yet another is3 sits behind arty in a bush and camps ..

uh if you take the scorp G with terrible armor, slow moving turret, giant and boxy to fight next to heavys , you are indeed the problem .

12:14 Added after 6 minute

not saying there isnt some tanks that bends the role, im not saying that ALL tds must stay in the corner and camp , and for sure you can have some great games if you have a op tank as top tier, but im saying that when your bottom tier light in a tier 10 game ,and you just drive up and die, i get fustrated, or refuse to move from the first bush he drove into, or best one is hiding behind a building the entire game thinking hes helping .

i hate when you see a obj 430U best brawling medium in the game, stay in a bush next to arty and try to snipe, when people dont understand the basics of their gun/tank and refuse to learn by game 20k + they are never gonna learn , and is ruining the game.

12:17 Added after 9 minute

okay , you are clearly clueless as what to random means in world of tank , it dosnt mean pick oho and go and scout, it dosnt mean pick your scop G and go to the front and fight heavys .. it means you will get a random map.. holy crap your arrogance is staggering ..

As it's a random battle with random teams you'll find people doing things you consider stupid on both sides, not just on your team.  The random in random battles also refers to the random players in the queue & random tanks that will end up on the teams. 

Playing the way you suggest is not always the best course of action.  If there is nobody else spotting, then somebody has to,right?  So why not the most armoured tank?  I have countless games in heavy tanks where I have come top on my team for spotting damage.  Why not support a heavy tank push in your skorp G if it means your team can push through quicker & you share your HP with your team?  Or would you prefer the skorp camped at the back waiting for an enemy advance that only comes once your team has collapsed?

At the end of the day, the games are completely random & the only thing you can influence is your own performance.  That is true for everyone, so you'd be much better focusing on that & learn to take advantage of or cover for what your team mates are up to.

I'll leave you with a quote from Reinhold Niebuhr

"God, grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change,

Courage to change the things I can,

And the wisdom to know the difference."

Also tagged with salt, slatyaf, sosalty

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users