Home Front Mod pay to get ?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

djazzoff #1 Posted 28 July 2019 - 12:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12829 battles
  • [ZM-GV] ZM-GV

Hello everyone, I think I'll be the only one who saw it or WG is deleting those post's, but it seems that Home Front is pay to get if you wan't to get at least one of the advanced equipment or there's a big bug in the game mode which no one seams to be reporting ?

The problem is, that everyone is getting only 4 fuel in about 24h, 2 via random battles and 2 daily, which you get after 12h or 14h ? The thing is, you can choose only one front and you must go for it, you can't get both no matter what you do, because you will run out of fuel, unless in some miracle situations, you will be wining every single game you play and be 1st all the time, then you will max out all divisions to level 3 and get 2000 point's, otherwise you must buy a level 3 division for 1500 gold and then only collect point's to get the required equipment. The problem is, that the official trailer show's, that you get more than 2 fuel after random battles, even my clan mate got a notification, that he got 22 fuel can's, but he actually got only 2 ? So how we going to complete those and get the equipment when you get only 4 game's per day ?

Is this event is really pay to get, while those who don't want to invest money but still get an equipment must play one front only and prey they win most of the matches.

Attached Files

• Attached File   20190727_172807.jpg   117.56K

Balc0ra #2 Posted 28 July 2019 - 01:07 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 71534 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

The 22 fuel bug sounds like a mod issue breaking the UI. As mine says 2 each time. And yes to get both you have to be lucky and win often to get both done. And be on every single day to get the 2 from the missions. As the 2 pr day stack even if you don't logon. But you won't get the extra 2 pr day via the missions them. And get the +2 or +4 each time you level up.

It's like the Xmas rewards and decorations. You can't get all 4 camo's even if you are lucky and get lots of random lvl 5 drops to break down. But you can get one of them. But then you have to be on daily to do the missions. Getting all 4, you need to buy them all. 

Wintermute_1 #3 Posted 28 July 2019 - 01:23 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 48930 battles
People demand bonds and improved equipment aren't sold for money, you get some hoops to jump through instead.

Bordhaw #4 Posted 28 July 2019 - 02:29 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14492 battles

View Postdjazzoff, on 28 July 2019 - 11:44 AM, said:

The problem is, that everyone is getting only 4 fuel in about 24h, 2 via random battles and 2 daily, which you get after 12h or 14h ? 

You understand it so what's the question? Play better...

Dorander #5 Posted 28 July 2019 - 02:50 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

So for a bonus event, in summary, you either play for free and get a reasonable amount of free stuff but you'd have to be really lucky to get all of the free stuff, or you pay for bonus stuff similarly to how the game has worked the past decade. The only real difference being compared to the past decade, these days we actually get free stuff for actively participating.

I don't see the problem. I get that the fuel mechanic is limiting what we'll be able to get, but it also means that people can't AFK to free items forcing their team to do all the work like what happened last Halloween. If you AFK, you significantly increase the chance of a defeat which means reduced rewards, plus ending last for reduced rewards. It's arguably the lesser of two evils. If that means I only get one item worth 4k or 5k bonds for free, I'm perfectly willing to accept not getting a second one if it means my battles aren't plagued with attempts at free riding.

Spurtung #6 Posted 28 July 2019 - 02:58 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 72674 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

Has a computer.

Has a screen.

Uses camera to get a screenshot.

lel

djazzoff #7 Posted 28 July 2019 - 09:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12829 battles
  • [ZM-GV] ZM-GV

View PostSpurtung, on 28 July 2019 - 03:58 PM, said:

Has a computer.

Has a screen.

Uses camera to get a screenshot.

lel

A team mate did this picture, and he's quite old tanker, in his 50's, so he's not that good at using the computer, we help him to get some stuff done when he need's it. If it's easier for him to take a picture with a phone and upload it to discord, why he should do it the harder way ?

View PostBordhaw, on 28 July 2019 - 03:29 PM, said:

You understand it so what's the question? Play better...

Because matchmaking do's not allow it to, you get into matchmaking with 2-3 TD's and one of medium/heavy/light's and they don't spot early enough to kill the waves. Especially on Ensk, when early spot is crucial. Minions are easy to kill, Panther's and Tiger's when you don't spot them early enough, are not. Most matche's I lost was on Ensk, due to that reason, that people didin't spoted target early enough. With medium's, you can try and carry the game, but when you have a TD and your team do's not spot, then GL, because you will spot the enemy when they can spot u after shooting.

P.S. You can't win it alone, so playing better do's not help if the rest is playing crappy ...

View PostDorander, on 28 July 2019 - 03:50 PM, said:

So for a bonus event, in summary, you either play for free and get a reasonable amount of free stuff but you'd have to be really lucky to get all of the free stuff, or you pay for bonus stuff similarly to how the game has worked the past decade. The only real difference being compared to the past decade, these days we actually get free stuff for actively participating.

I don't see the problem. I get that the fuel mechanic is limiting what we'll be able to get, but it also means that people can't AFK to free items forcing their team to do all the work like what happened last Halloween. If you AFK, you significantly increase the chance of a defeat which means reduced rewards, plus ending last for reduced rewards. It's arguably the lesser of two evils. If that means I only get one item worth 4k or 5k bonds for free, I'm perfectly willing to accept not getting a second one if it means my battles aren't plagued with attempts at free riding.

I agree with you ... I would just like to, that bond equipment would be removed from the game, and different rewards would have been given, now better player's will be even better and those who pay will have better equipment again's those who don't.

Steve8066 #8 Posted 28 July 2019 - 09:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16996 battles
Playing better doesnt matter 1 bit when the AI can spot you when triple or even quadruple bushed. They need to tone down the AI spotting and laser shooting before this could even remotely be classed as fun.

If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #9 Posted 29 July 2019 - 07:36 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9749 battles

View PostSteve8066, on 28 July 2019 - 09:25 PM, said:

Playing better doesnt matter 1 bit when the AI can spot you when triple or even quadruple bushed. They need to tone down the AI spotting and laser shooting before this could even remotely be classed as fun.

So the bots aren't even using the same hookey RNG that the normal suckers use?

LOL

Is this because you have a special RNG tailored just for you?

Edited by If_I_Die_You_Die_Too, 29 July 2019 - 07:56 AM.

Kane80 #10 Posted 30 July 2019 - 06:20 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 33901 battles
  • [FIPZD] FIPZD

HomeFront.. it´s a big joke what wg giving to players..  all what u get is pay and play or playing and lose nerves..

Playing and playing and more playing.. and no win...  Every f**king fuel is used what im get, but still 628/2000 points collected..

Geoffrey_Ironfist #11 Posted 31 July 2019 - 02:59 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 24875 battles
  • [YBB] YBB

View PostSteve8066, on 28 July 2019 - 09:25 PM, said:

Ha! But the bots don't have recon planes like I did in my Beast Slayers Division spotting them while I was behind some hills or houses at the opposite side of the battlefield. This mod is easy and fun. With a good team you win all battles. There is no other way anyone can get improved equipment without having played tens of thousands of games. We are not even discussing that option.

8126Jakobsson #12 Posted 31 July 2019 - 07:35 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 77193 battles

View PostGeoffrey_Ironfist, on 31 July 2019 - 02:59 AM, said:

Ha! But the bots don't have recon planes like I did in my Beast Slayers Division spotting them while I was behind some hills or houses at the opposite side of the battlefield. This mod is easy and fun. With a good team you win all battles. There is no other way anyone can get improved equipment without having played tens of thousands of games. We are not even discussing that option.

Yesterday I got one same tier battle out of eight. So easy. And fun. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users