Jump to content


F2P games - the truth

mind manipulation Milking customers Gambling psycology Predatory behaviour Predatory business model Toxic game experience

  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

G01ngToxicCommand0 #1 Posted 28 July 2019 - 03:21 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 37465 battles
  • 799
  • Member since:
    11-03-2011

This video has probably been posted before.

This honest but utterly psycopathic presentation of how to manipulate and milk F2P player explains in detail how the F2P industry thinks and works and which psycological mechanisms to exploit in order to manipulate players into paying.
The video also explain why F2P games can't be skill based, why they always have a frustrating gameplay experience and a toxic player community - it is by design.
This is why I no longer play any F2P games.



Dis4ster #2 Posted 28 July 2019 - 03:22 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 28837 battles
  • 3,023
  • Member since:
    02-12-2012
Only the death is free

Pansenmann #3 Posted 28 July 2019 - 05:27 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 35959 battles
  • 13,592
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012

37465

 

just for the record.



Gruff_ #4 Posted 28 July 2019 - 05:29 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 19986 battles
  • 793
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    09-22-2011
WG has taken many tends from the addictive mobile platforms.

BravelyRanAway #5 Posted 28 July 2019 - 07:13 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 24202 battles
  • 11,511
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View PostG01ngToxicCommand0, on 28 July 2019 - 02:21 PM, said:

 

The video also explain why F2P games can't be skill based, why they always have a frustrating gameplay experience and a toxic player community - it is by design.
This is why I no longer play any F2P games.
 

But some are skill based regardless...ie:- more skill faster progression better rewards.

Yes, they are frustrating to many players by design, that's how they make money.

A toxic player community is not restricted to F2P games....if you think that, then you haven't played many other types of games.

Now knowing how F2P games work, you are unable to overcome their tactics and so don't play them, that says something about......



G01ngToxicCommand0 #6 Posted 29 July 2019 - 06:38 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 37465 battles
  • 799
  • Member since:
    11-03-2011

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 28 July 2019 - 07:13 PM, said:

But some are skill based regardless...ie:- more skill faster progression better rewards.

Yes, they are frustrating to many players by design, that's how they make money.

A toxic player community is not restricted to F2P games....if you think that, then you haven't played many other types of games.

Now knowing how F2P games work, you are unable to overcome their tactics and so don't play them, that says something about......


Those who keep playing them and their addiction issues?



BravelyRanAway #7 Posted 29 July 2019 - 07:26 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 24202 battles
  • 11,511
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View PostG01ngToxicCommand0, on 29 July 2019 - 05:38 PM, said:


Those who keep playing them and their addiction issues?

....those who can't even trust themselves with money while playing F2P games.



G01ngToxicCommand0 #8 Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:53 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 37465 battles
  • 799
  • Member since:
    11-03-2011

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 29 July 2019 - 07:26 PM, said:

....those who can't even trust themselves with money while playing F2P games.


The illusion of control is powerful.



BravelyRanAway #9 Posted 29 July 2019 - 09:19 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 24202 battles
  • 11,511
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View PostG01ngToxicCommand0, on 29 July 2019 - 07:53 PM, said:


The illusion of control is powerful.

Oh dear, you're going down that road......






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users