Jump to content


World's best design in HomeFront, presented to you by WG


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

DeadLecter #1 Posted 28 July 2019 - 06:31 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 31023 battles
  • 1,752
  • Member since:
    05-28-2016

Lovely AI bots on SandRiver hide in places beyond the red tape where you can't get to them and they stay there unless you somehow magically find a shot and then they move. Not to mention the stupid enemy air bombers that bomb a huge area in 5 seconds where lots of time either kills you or damages you. I really want to see a lobotomy of WG's staff to see what they have in their skull instead of brain.

Right now on Sand River an AI Tiger has been in hiding behind one of the rocks and we have searched the map from A to K, 1 to 0 and can't seem to find it. 

Great design WG. Really great.



Spioszeqq #2 Posted 28 July 2019 - 06:36 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 13343 battles
  • 82
  • [JEZUS] JEZUS
  • Member since:
    06-07-2015
Im getting camos and sayonara

CaptJAKirk #3 Posted 28 July 2019 - 08:05 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 56036 battles
  • 20
  • [E-VO] E-VO
  • Member since:
    05-06-2013
Utter arse garbage. Makes frontline look like the least repetitive thing ever.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 28 July 2019 - 09:42 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 71481 battles
  • 19,963
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

Had the same issue. Tho we could not find the target tank as we searched the entire map. It was a Luchs from the 2nd to last wave in a tier I to II match. Suddenly the last wave with 3 Tigers spawned. We killed those, but the Luchs was still listed as in the area, so we looked for it as the Tigers should have been the last wave. But suddenly a tier III wave started with the swarm of Leopards. Then we killed a few of those and some did sneak past. A min or two later... 7 Panthers appeared vs Valentines and one 92 pen Sherman. That was... interesting.

 

We lost, but interestingly enough we got a ton of points towards equitment, as we survived more waves then we should have. 



Dava_117 #5 Posted 28 July 2019 - 10:28 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 22068 battles
  • 4,509
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

LeL! :D

 

On the eastern front things are more polished I guess...

Didn't have any problem up to now. :)



TheR3dBaron #6 Posted 28 July 2019 - 10:44 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 36335 battles
  • 3,066
  • [REMY] REMY
  • Member since:
    01-22-2013

We had a tier 3 guy with 4 tier 1 team mates, meaning you have to survive 10 waves, which is rather unlikely. Please don't go into battle as tier 3. It wastes fuel for 5 people.



Nishi_Kinuyo #7 Posted 28 July 2019 - 10:52 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 8756 battles
  • 6,042
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

View PostDava_117, on 28 July 2019 - 10:28 PM, said:

LeL! :D

 

On the eastern front things are more polished I guess...

Didn't have any problem up to now. :)

Eastern Front is much better imo.

Haven't tried the heavy division yet, but the medium one gets a T-50 with 130mm pen, or T-34Es with 120mm, while the TD division gets get alpha, pen and DPM.

Meanwhile, the british get 2-pdrs and 6-pdrs and a TD with 101mm pen.



7thSyndicate #8 Posted 28 July 2019 - 11:22 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 46843 battles
  • 680
  • Member since:
    10-09-2012
What about you waiting 15/20 seconds after getting spotted, then you peek to spot and just explode :trollface:

OmniWalou #9 Posted 29 July 2019 - 12:52 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 452 battles
  • 383
  • Member since:
    04-13-2019

You can easily kill the bots that get lost in the north of Sand River, by either shooting them or using bombs on them.

 

Since the enemy bombardment is not random and it happens always between the same waves and every player has their own zone centered on them, you should quickly learn when to move. We even had a 4 member platoon with 1 random tier 1 player who already knew to move after certain waves and even knew to hide under the bridge on Studzianski to avoid taking damage... On top of that some just stood still in the area and didn't lose HP at all, so I wonder how you find it so difficult to deal with.

 

So yeah, these complaints about the mode are useless. If you're too lazy to learn the mechanics after a few games, it's your fault.

 

View PostBalc0ra, on 28 July 2019 - 09:42 PM, said:

We lost, but interestingly enough we got a ton of points towards equitment, as we survived more waves then we should have. 

 

This is interesting, could be a worth to attempt to recreate. Tier 3 is just easy mode with full tier 3 platoon. Even won several games while being the only tier 3 with 2x tier 2 and 2x tier 1. So surviving more than 10 waves with full tier 3 platoon should reward quite a lot of points if it in fact gives more points.



Ch1valry #10 Posted 29 July 2019 - 01:42 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 39880 battles
  • 161
  • [TKNZ] TKNZ
  • Member since:
    04-04-2011
WoT was launched 9 years ago and it's scary how WG actually comes up with crap like this. You'd think they learned something over all these years, but like always, that's too much to hope for. I mean, when this gaming company manages to suck as bad as they obviously do, why the heck would people play any potential new title from that company? Why would they waste their time?

OmniWalou #11 Posted 29 July 2019 - 01:55 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 452 battles
  • 383
  • Member since:
    04-13-2019

View PostCh1valry, on 29 July 2019 - 01:42 AM, said:

WoT was launched 9 years ago and it's scary how WG actually comes up with crap like this. You'd think they learned something over all these years, but like always, that's too much to hope for. I mean, when this gaming company manages to suck as bad as they obviously do, why the heck would people play any potential new title from that company? Why would they waste their time?

 

So why are you spending all this time to quite actively play this game, from a company that you seem to despise so much. Or is this your quitting post? I'm also interested, what would you have done differently to the mode to make it good instead of ''crap'' as you describe it.



Xandania #12 Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:05 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 41394 battles
  • 1,522
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-
  • Member since:
    05-16-2013
With the notable exception of that one bemuda triangle on soand river, I find this mode very well done and great fun - especially platooning with friends :)

dan_dix #13 Posted 29 July 2019 - 09:28 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18119 battles
  • 246
  • Member since:
    01-09-2016
Feels like playing Candy Crush :puke:

Balc0ra #14 Posted 29 July 2019 - 11:53 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 71481 battles
  • 19,963
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostOmniWalou, on 29 July 2019 - 12:52 AM, said:

You can easily kill the bots that get lost in the north of Sand River, by either shooting them or using bombs on them.

 

Yes you can if you miss one or two. But depending on where they get stuck. They are not easy to spot always. If they get all the way up you can easily spot them on the top of the hill and fire at them. But even blind bombing the rest for a Luchs via 4 players was a no go on all 8 runs in the blind zones. So not always as easy. As in getting it cleared before the wave glitches. Or the Tiger spawn and instantly kill the M5 on the hill trying to spot the Luchs. 

 

 

 

View PostOmniWalou, on 29 July 2019 - 12:52 AM, said:

So yeah, these complaints about the mode are useless. If you're too lazy to learn the mechanics after a few games, it's your fault.

 

Still... It's kinda silly when it's needed to learn "exploits" to kill the enemy outside the map all the time. And not everyone on your team will each game. Nor will they all react fast to helping out before the extra waves starts. As when you are in a tier III group. Sure. But when you are mostly I or II. Then it's not as easy. So saying "learn the game" to accept the bug is a bit daft.

 

 


Edited by Balc0ra, 29 July 2019 - 12:15 PM.


malachi6 #15 Posted 29 July 2019 - 12:23 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 50920 battles
  • 4,121
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011

View PostDeadLecter, on 28 July 2019 - 06:31 PM, said:

Lovely AI bots on SandRiver hide in places beyond the red tape where you can't get to them and they stay there unless you somehow magically find a shot and then they move. Not to mention the stupid enemy air bombers that bomb a huge area in 5 seconds where lots of time either kills you or damages you. I really want to see a lobotomy of WG's staff to see what they have in their skull instead of brain.

Right now on Sand River an AI Tiger has been in hiding behind one of the rocks and we have searched the map from A to K, 1 to 0 and can't seem to find it. 

Great design WG. Really great.

 

You don't need a lobotomy as this destroys the prefrontal cortex.  While it would play a large part in games design, destroying it would make it unusable in your analysis.  Rather you would have to vivisect your subject.  Whereby, you could carefully remove the brain including its prefrontal cortex and study it for problems. 

 

Of course, there are a number of issues with this plan as well.  First, you would kill your study patient.  Second live vivisection of humans without consent is against ethics laws.  Third, you would in the UK, need to do a five-year degree a two-year foundation course and a further three years studying vocation to begin to understand what your vivisection showed. 

 

Probably not worth it for a frustrated whine session.

 

Perhaps easier to couch this whine into an organised comment and submit it to bug reporting where something could be done about it.



Bordhaw #16 Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:11 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 14476 battles
  • 4,492
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostCaptJAKirk, on 28 July 2019 - 07:05 PM, said:

Utter arse garbage. Makes frontline look like the least repetitive thing ever.

 



Rittmeister39 #17 Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:58 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 14035 battles
  • 143
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
  • Member since:
    06-27-2017
wt

Edited by Rittmeister39, 29 July 2019 - 09:58 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users