4 replies to this topic

renz2002 #1 Posted 28 July 2019 - 08:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8955 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF

Community made maps

Dear reader, 

So i want to propose to you and the developers of World of Tanks to make a engine where people can make maps from existing assets (You know the stuff you see like bushes) to make maps so that perhaps there could be better maps but also make the community contribute more to it. Take CS:GO for example some of the best maps are made by the community instead of by valve themself. U might ask how could we test these maps u cant just throw them into MM and yea you are right u cant just do that. But maybe wargaming could make it so that they can work together and let maps be tested on test servers so people vote on maps they see on a special section on the site which maps should be included in the test server. Yes u haev to judge by screenshots and perhaps even an video showcasing the map. But what harm can this make? Perhaps there is a guy whit a great idea for a map in mind that could be the best map in the game. Also the maps can be tweaked over time by the map creator. Please consider this and ofcourse i left this as an open suggestion and there is stuff to be figured out but the idea of maps being able to be made by the community could improve this game alot. I would love to make maps especially for frontline/grand battles but also for random battles the regular maps sized maps. 

Let me know what u guys think about this. 

Blubba #2 Posted 28 July 2019 - 08:38 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 60182 battles
I think it has come up before and I think it got a rather good reception here which means it got totally ignored by WG.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 28 July 2019 - 09:10 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72848 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Even if there was, it would take time to get going. CS was more or less a community made game at first, or a mod. Thus all of the old maps were too as they asked for help. But they just tossed a big pile of maps in there as they went along in the early days 19 years ago that they got in. And it took time before a favorite list appeared by players, and made up the standard list on later generations. Fixing them as they went along. As even Office is not the same as the one that first appeared almost 2 decades ago. So the community made it, but other communities perfected it later.

And considering a WG team uses 9 months to make a new map. Inc the technical aspects vs just design. It would still take over a year to get going if WG started I suspect to we did see any map made by us added.

View PostBlubba, on 28 July 2019 - 08:38 PM, said:

I think it has come up before and I think it got a rather good reception here which means it got totally ignored by WG.

Even so it would not be the worst idea if they never use anyone of them. Even if it was something as simple as a drawing of a map layout vs map maker program. It would show WG what most want to see in a map. And what they hate. So WG could use those as benchmarks for later maps, or even use some as a template to work out a new map with their team. 

wsatnutter #4 Posted 28 July 2019 - 09:22 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26454 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
Will never happen been mentioned so many times before over the last decade. If you come up with an idea that milks money for them then yes they will listen 

Laatikkomafia #5 Posted 28 July 2019 - 10:28 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 23265 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I'm a natural talent, when it comes to designing WoT maps.

Also tagged with Maps, Community

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users