Jump to content


what heavy tank is good for HT 15 mission of t 55 A?


  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

splash_time #1 Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:28 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 12086 battles
  • 142
  • Member since:
    02-20-2018

hi guys, i wanna do the last mission of HTs, and i don't know what tank it needs to do it, currently i have Kranvagn in my garage as tier 10 HT.

and suggestions? 



Hammerhead20 #2 Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:37 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 28876 battles
  • 2,154
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011

Pretty much any heavy tank which has great armour values...

 

Pz.VII, Maus, Type 5 Heavy, IS-4, IS-7, even AMX 51 54...

 

I don't have any of those, but these are probably the best choises for your final mission.



chainreact0r #3 Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:38 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 34279 battles
  • 358
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
  • Member since:
    09-21-2011

Maus ez pz

1.get tier8 or 9 mm

2.malinovka, studzianski, paris, murovanka and a few others

3.drive in the open

4.block 12k

5.gg



Ceeb #4 Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:39 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Beta Tester
  • 32411 battles
  • 6,027
  • Member since:
    01-14-2011

View PostHammerhead20, on 29 July 2019 - 07:37 AM, said:

Pretty much any heavy tank which has great armour values...

 

Pz.VII, Maus, Type 5 Heavy, IS-4, IS-7, even AMX 51 54...

 

I don't have any of those, but these are probably the best choises for your final mission.

 

Did mine i the 112 on mines with NO arty, just after the buff and just before the French AMX t8 Prem Heavy came out.



splash_time #5 Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:46 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 12086 battles
  • 142
  • Member since:
    02-20-2018
so, do i have a chance to do it with Kranvagn? the view range on mine is 450m, i can spot as well :D

TungstenHitman #6 Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:51 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 30021 battles
  • 5,534
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016
Is that the mission where you have to cause, block and take X amount of damage and survive? If so, I did it with an IS-7 though I think most any heavy with some armor should do. Once upon a time, a Type5, with it's stronk armor, fat hp pools and derp gun would have breezed through missions like that but not seeing them around much anymore so I guess they're not as effective at it anymore. 

Dava_117 #7 Posted 29 July 2019 - 09:28 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 22150 battles
  • 4,532
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

I did mine in KV-4, setting my record of damage blocked in the tank at almost 8880. Top tier and had half of the enemy team shooting at me. Sadly the gun didn't behave and missed the secondary condition for few 100s HP.

 

Guess you need a tank with good armour, that can angle to bait shots and enemy are prone to shoot at. IS-4 line or Maus line would probably be what I would bet on.



ValkyrionX #8 Posted 29 July 2019 - 09:33 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 50816 battles
  • 2,273
  • [NOPAS] NOPAS
  • Member since:
    02-07-2015

tier 8 heavy tanks with pref MM are the best for this type of missions.. I did it years ago on the is6 with honor

 

but if you want play tier X , try with type5/maus/is7/obj705a



Xandania #9 Posted 29 July 2019 - 10:09 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 41673 battles
  • 1,548
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-
  • Member since:
    05-16-2013

View PostValkyrionX, on 29 July 2019 - 08:33 AM, said:

tier 8 heavy tanks with pref MM are the best for this type of missions.. I did it years ago on the is6 with honor

 

but if you want play tier X , try with type5/maus/is7/obj705a


The is6 qualifies as a tank that few will shoot gold at - so that is a good choice - I can also recommend the T-32 for blocking damage - if it is combined damage, you might use something a tad more competetive though but not too well known as OP as dabbing the two might lead to a quick return to the garage otherwise....



TankkiPoju #10 Posted 29 July 2019 - 10:10 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 23018 battles
  • 7,068
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

IS4 worked in a good matchup. Bait shots into angled side armor.

 

The side of IS4 can retain close to 300mm effective armor while still looking like its overangled.


Edited by TankkiPoju, 29 July 2019 - 10:12 AM.


Rati_Festa #11 Posted 29 July 2019 - 11:13 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 49078 battles
  • 2,330
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    02-10-2012

Did mine in Mauschen. Lakeview, road next to it lake... :) go "spot" and wait for the hail of return fire. I would guess the Vk100.01p could do it also.

 

T10 is tricky imo due to the gold spam and HE. The Kranvagn hull down won't receive much incoming fire other than HE in my experience or t10 TD gold ammo... good luck bouncing that.



Mimos_A #12 Posted 29 July 2019 - 11:33 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 29141 battles
  • 2,330
  • [SPESH] SPESH
  • Member since:
    05-30-2015
I found softer tanks to work way better for the bounce missions than heavily armoured beasts. A hull down IS-7 or Kranvagn people just don't shoot. A hull down 277, for some reason, they'll happily shoot for ages. Same goes for the e75. People don't bother or fire prem at a Maus, but just angle well in an e75 and people will keep trying.

splash_time #13 Posted 29 July 2019 - 11:44 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 12086 battles
  • 142
  • Member since:
    02-20-2018

View PostMimos_A, on 29 July 2019 - 11:33 AM, said:

I found softer tanks to work way better for the bounce missions than heavily armoured beasts. A hull down IS-7 or Kranvagn people just don't shoot. A hull down 277, for some reason, they'll happily shoot for ages. Same goes for the e75. People don't bother or fire prem at a Maus, but just angle well in an e75 and people will keep trying.

 

The tricky turret ofc, i played this beast, seriously, e 75 is waaay much better than e100, except the side armor ofc. E 75 has unbelievable tough lower plate, which can trick you, and shooting the turret is not easy job, Becuz of the gun cover around the gun itself.

personally, i loved e 75 and i won't doubt buying it again.


Edited by splash_time, 29 July 2019 - 11:46 AM.


OllieCromwell #14 Posted 29 July 2019 - 11:57 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 44829 battles
  • 481
  • [GENB] GENB
  • Member since:
    02-11-2011
Did mine in an IS-7 on the heavy corner in Fjords.

staurinsh #15 Posted 29 July 2019 - 12:04 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 34298 battles
  • 281
  • Member since:
    01-21-2012
Did it with e75 as a top tier in malinovka. I was lucky to play against bad t34 player, who was shooting my upper plate atleast 10 times.

WhoCares01 #16 Posted 29 July 2019 - 12:09 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 19531 battles
  • 650
  • Member since:
    04-21-2015

The real problem with that mission starts when you also want/need to fulfill the secondary condition for honors (for the order to skip other missions) - win and do 25% of the damage of your team. Suddenly it's no longer enough to bounce and die, but you actively have to deal significant amounts of damage; 25% at tier 10 can be 5k+, which is in itself almost halve the mission requirement. That may also influence your tank selection, as slow tanks (Maus, Type) often can't join the late battle damage farming.

 

 

Edit:

And the win kind of excludes fail teams that did no damage at all to help with the 25%, as it sometimes does with other such damage rate missions…

Last but not least, survival is not a requirement for this mission, as opposed to what someone else said.


Edited by WhoCares01, 29 July 2019 - 12:24 PM.


Rati_Festa #17 Posted 29 July 2019 - 12:20 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 49078 battles
  • 2,330
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    02-10-2012

View PostWhoCares01, on 29 July 2019 - 12:09 PM, said:

The real problem with that mission starts when you also want/need to fulfill the secondary condition for honors (for the order to skip other missions) - win and do 25% of the damage of your team. Suddenly it's no longer enough to bounce and die, but you actively have to deal significant amounts of damage; 25% at tier 10 can be 5k+, which is in itself almost have the mission requirement. That may also influence your tank selection, as slow tanks (Maus, Type) often can't join the late battle damage farming.

 

 

Edit:

And the win kind of excludes fail teams that did no damage at all to help with the 25%, as it sometimes does with other such damage rate missions…

Last but not least, survival is not a requirement for this mission, as opposed to what someone else said.

 

So basically you need to have 29 bots as the rest of the players. Enemy to dumb to know weakspots, Allies to dumb to kill dumb enemies. I would suggest a weekend match :)



XxKuzkina_MatxX #18 Posted 29 July 2019 - 12:54 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 4,653
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View Postsplash_time, on 29 July 2019 - 11:46 AM, said:

so, do i have a chance to do it with Kranvagn? the view range on mine is 450m, i can spot as well :D

 

Yes you can spot the incoming shells going straight for your turret. :)

 

The Kranvagn could work of course, people immediately start thinking heavily armored bricks of steel when blocking is mentioned. With the Kran it's a slightly different ball game. You've nice DPM and 1.3k clip potential so you can complement the (blocked + received) damage with damage done. It's more predictable if you use the tank well and do 4-5k damage.



splash_time #19 Posted 29 July 2019 - 01:05 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 12086 battles
  • 142
  • Member since:
    02-20-2018

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 29 July 2019 - 12:54 PM, said:

 

Yes you can spot the incoming shells going straight for your turret. :)

 

The Kranvagn could work of course, people immediately start thinking heavily armored bricks of steel when blocking is mentioned. With the Kran it's a slightly different ball game. You've nice DPM and 1.3k clip potential so you can complement the (blocked + received) damage with damage done. It's more predictable if you use the tank well and do 4-5k damage.

 

You're absolutely right, Kranv is a good damage dealer, but problem is, every time i deal 5k+ damage, my team lose, or enemy start spamming HEAT & HE at my tank.

 



XxKuzkina_MatxX #20 Posted 29 July 2019 - 01:12 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 4,653
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View Postsplash_time, on 29 July 2019 - 04:05 PM, said:

You're absolutely right, Kranv is a good damage dealer, but problem is, every time i deal 5k+ damage, my team lose, or enemy start spamming HEAT & HE at my tank.

 

It certainly takes a lot of tries to do those missions. I've seen some of the best players struggling and frustrated while doing a blocking or fire mission. Just be careful with your positioning and map awareness and when you're close to the target damage, engage self preservation mode and you'll be fine! :)






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users