German light tanks help

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Nitro_Tank #1 Posted 29 July 2019 - 01:19 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6549 battles

So i know they are generally regarded as mediocre to bad, especially the Rhm. Pzw. I went through the SP I C just fine HWK 12 i barely made it as well but im really struggling at the Ru 251 now. I feel like the competition has become so much stiffer and my impact has dropped massively. With most mediums reaching max viewrange as well, whats the point? My viewrange is better than many other lights, but i feel like i don't ever get to use it. Although parked in a bush i get spotted and shot from nowhere, when i should have had the spotting advantage. City maps are a complete horror to deal with as there is not a single tank you can trade shots with at tier 8-10. The penetration dropoff over range because of the APCR rounds doesnt help. Im a bad player and i will admit that, but there must be some way to make this work.

Can you give me tips to at least not be a burden to my team? Most importantly, what do i do on city maps except sit in a corner and cry?

WhoCares01 #2 Posted 29 July 2019 - 01:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19345 battles
What about your crew on the tanks? I think especially the LT crew requirements scale drastically with tier level. I'm tempted to think that from tier 8 and up it's kind of mandatory to have full camo + full view range + BiA crews. Considering the mess that crew progression is with most German lines, that might be difficult to manage. Just looked it up, and sure enough at tier 9 with the loader you get a crew member that you had not at tier 7 or 8...

Nitro_Tank #3 Posted 29 July 2019 - 01:31 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6549 battles

View PostWhoCares01, on 29 July 2019 - 12:29 PM, said:

What about your crew on the tanks? I think especially the LT crew requirements scale drastically with tier level. I'm tempted to think that from tier 8 and up it's kind of mandatory to have full camo + full view range + BiA crews. Considering the mess that crew progression is with most German lines, that might be difficult to manage. Just looked it up, and sure enough at tier 9 with the loader you get a crew member that you had not at tier 7 or 8...

Yes i had to start an entirely new crew, which is currently only at 70% camo and nothing else. And considering how slow progress is when youre not a god player this won't change for a while i guess :/

Negativvv #4 Posted 29 July 2019 - 01:36 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12207 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

Why not use the same crew all the way up the tiers?

By the time you get to T8 or T9 you should at least have BiA and Camos all round. 

Should have gone French or Russian...

Nitro_Tank #5 Posted 29 July 2019 - 02:05 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6549 battles

View PostNegativvv, on 29 July 2019 - 12:36 PM, said:

Why not use the same crew all the way up the tiers?

By the time you get to T8 or T9 you should at least have BiA and Camos all round. 

Should have gone French or Russian...

I didnt ask for what i should have gone for instead, did I? I am asking how to deal with it now that i have it.

If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #6 Posted 29 July 2019 - 02:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9749 battles

You should have gone straight ahead at the SP1C tech tree and got the Indien Panzer

I avoided the lower branch tanks because they nearly always got beat up whenever I saw them in a game

The Indian is a bit of ok for a tier 8 tree tank, a pretty pleasant crew grind and can give a tier X a slap

Edited by If_I_Die_You_Die_Too, 29 July 2019 - 02:33 PM.

Nitro_Tank #7 Posted 29 July 2019 - 02:32 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6549 battles

View PostIf_I_Die_You_Die_Too, on 29 July 2019 - 01:30 PM, said:

You should have gone straight ahead at the SP1C tech tree and got the Indien Panzer

I avoided the lower branch tanks because they nearly always got beat up whenever I saw them in a game

The Indian is a bit of ok for a tier 8 tree tank

Didnt ask for that either but okay cool. 5/10 troll

If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #8 Posted 29 July 2019 - 02:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9749 battles

Just max out your kit/crew

Vents rammer net BIA Situational concealment

Without a high end crew and kit a light will always struggle to survive

You dont need binocs on an RU251 so there's a bonus

Edited by If_I_Die_You_Die_Too, 29 July 2019 - 02:43 PM.

PowJay #9 Posted 29 July 2019 - 02:43 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 39282 battles

View PostIf_I_Die_You_Die_Too, on 29 July 2019 - 01:30 PM, said:

The Indian is a bit of ok for a tier 8 tree tank, a pretty pleasant crew grind and can give a tier X a slap

Do you mean this Indien Panzer?

:facepalm:

Laatikkomafia #10 Posted 29 July 2019 - 02:48 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 23265 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

People have given you two good advice, yet you only whine.

Here's a third one: If you don't want to be a burden to your team mates, go back to tier 5.

Nitro_Tank #11 Posted 29 July 2019 - 02:57 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6549 battles

View PostLaatikkomafia, on 29 July 2019 - 01:48 PM, said:

People have given you two good advice, yet you only whine.

Here's a third one: If you don't want to be a burden to your team mates, go back to tier 5.

What is the whine? I asked specific questions and some answers didnt answer it at all. Heres a tip for you: If advice is asked for, either give it or don't answer. Your useless elitist answer is laughable.

View PostIf_I_Die_You_Die_Too, on 29 July 2019 - 01:39 PM, said:

Just max out your kit/crew

Vents rammer net BIA Situational concealment

Without a high end crew and kit a light will always struggle to survive

You dont need binocs on an RU251 so there's a bonus

This is among other things is exactly what i asked for. Thank you for that.

truoste #12 Posted 29 July 2019 - 03:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41600 battles
You have already gotten the best advice available: abandon the grind (and go for russian lights instead if you want to play lights).

You may not like it or may feel like it is not answer for your question but in reality it really is.

Edited by truoste, 29 July 2019 - 03:06 PM.

Nitro_Tank #13 Posted 29 July 2019 - 03:16 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6549 battles

View Posttruoste, on 29 July 2019 - 02:04 PM, said:

You have already gotten the best advice available: abandon the grind (and go for russian lights instead if you want to play lights).

You may not like it or may feel like it is not answer for your question but in reality it really is.

I am not saying that it is wrong, but it wasnt asked for. i knew that they arent as good as others as stated in my first post by acknowledging they are regarded as bad. i was under the impression its clear enough what my position is, but if it wasnt then im not faulting the poster for that. With the knowledge, that it wasnt going to be a good tank, i still want to play it, because why shouldnt I? If youre good then you can have good impact even with a bad tank. I asked for advice so i can be a good player with the german lights, especially the Ru which im currently on. Equipment and crew skill choices, which was answered, goes a long way.

PowJay #14 Posted 29 July 2019 - 03:18 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 39282 battles

View PostNitro_Tank, on 29 July 2019 - 02:16 PM, said:

I am not saying that it is wrong, but it wasnt asked for. i knew that they arent as good as others as stated in my first post by acknowledging they are regarded as bad. i was under the impression its clear enough what my position is, but if it wasnt then im not faulting the poster for that. With the knowledge, that it wasnt going to be a good tank, i still want to play it, because why shouldnt I? If youre good then you can have good impact even with a bad tank. I asked for advice so i can be a good player with the german lights, especially the Ru which im currently on. Equipment and crew skill choices, which was answered, goes a long way.

I ALWAYS try to make my position clear, particularly on the rare occasions when I do start a new thread. It's a waste of energy, as nobody reads them properly- even yet takes on board the little details that you add. Sad to say. Good luck. I hated the damn thing and sold it.

Negativvv #15 Posted 29 July 2019 - 04:30 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12207 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

View PostNitro_Tank, on 29 July 2019 - 02:05 PM, said:

I didnt ask for what i should have gone for instead, did I? I am asking how to deal with it now that i have it.

Be stubborn but go have a read up, stats, discussion forums and streamers etc about what tanks are strong and what are not. You'll enjoy yourself more if you pick stronger lines to play.

Rather than be a good player using a bad tank I'd focus on being a good player in a good tank first then work on the weaker stuff later once you know what is going on...

SuNo_TeSLa #16 Posted 29 July 2019 - 05:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 45635 battles
  • [SWEPH] SWEPH

View PostNitro_Tank, on 29 July 2019 - 02:57 PM, said:

What is the whine? I asked specific questions and some answers didnt answer it at all. Heres a tip for you: If advice is asked for, either give it or don't answer. Your useless elitist answer is laughable.

This is among other things is exactly what i asked for. Thank you for that.

It's apparent you don't want real advice, you're at 46% WR, IMO noone under 50% WR should try the german lights unless they want to fail/lose miserably, i myself abandoned the line at the RU 251 (the premium HWK 30 is so much better). So either use the advice you got, or stop whining like a spoilt kid.

Nitro_Tank #17 Posted 29 July 2019 - 05:48 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6549 battles

View PostSuNo_TeSLa, on 29 July 2019 - 04:30 PM, said:

It's apparent you don't want real advice, you're at 46% WR, IMO noone under 50% WR should try the german lights unless they want to fail/lose miserably, i myself abandoned the line at the RU 251 (the premium HWK 30 is so much better). So either use the advice you got, or stop whining like a spoilt kid.

There we go, another one of those "bUt yOuR wInRaTe" thinking i shouldnt play the content i enjoy. You know NOTHING how those stats came to be. Look to the left, would you? Member since 2011. I am now in my early 20s so you can do the math how old i was back then. The kid that played all day and night in 2011 didnt know any mechanics, didnt care to be the best and just wanted to shoot some tonks. For some strange reason since i came back about 2 months ago my stats have been steadily increasing, why would that be, hmmmm?

Its pathetic honestly that you think you know everything, acting all high and mighty.

So tell me, when your friend calls asking if you can give him advice how to fix his car which doesnt brake well anymore, would you go "many problems with the air conditioning system can be fixed by changing the filters"?

Edited by Nitro_Tank, 29 July 2019 - 05:53 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #18 Posted 29 July 2019 - 06:40 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33535 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostNitro_Tank, on 29 July 2019 - 02:57 PM, said:

You got your answers, you just didn't like them.

As to what you can do now, get rid of the new crew you have in the RU as a 70% crew is useless and move the HWK crew into it instead as they will at least have some basic skills on the table. Go from there.

Crew skills are essential, you should always move your crews with the new tank. 

Bordhaw #19 Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:03 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14492 battles

View PostNitro_Tank, on 29 July 2019 - 12:19 PM, said:

but im really struggling at the Ru 251 now.

tier 8-10. 

Can you give me tips to at least not be a burden to my team? 

View PostNitro_Tank, on 29 July 2019 - 12:31 PM, said:

new crew, which is currently only at 70% camo and nothing else. 

Bulldog_Drummond #20 Posted 29 July 2019 - 09:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32681 battles

View PostNitro_Tank, on 29 July 2019 - 12:19 PM, said:

So i know they are generally regarded as mediocre to bad, especially the Rhm. Pzw. I went through the SP I C just fine HWK 12 i barely made it as well but im really struggling at the Ru 251 now. I feel like the competition has become so much stiffer and my impact has dropped massively. With most mediums reaching max viewrange as well, whats the point? My viewrange is better than many other lights, but i feel like i don't ever get to use it. Although parked in a bush i get spotted and shot from nowhere, when i should have had the spotting advantage. City maps are a complete horror to deal with as there is not a single tank you can trade shots with at tier 8-10. The penetration dropoff over range because of the APCR rounds doesnt help. Im a bad player and i will admit that, but there must be some way to make this work.

Can you give me tips to at least not be a burden to my team? Most importantly, what do i do on city maps except sit in a corner and cry?

There are some great German lights in tiers 2 to 4.  If I were you I'd sell what you have now and buy a Luchs or something.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users