Crew medals

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

jaxx77 #1 Posted 29 July 2019 - 05:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2799 battles

Hi

I wonder if the game would benefit from medals for crew.

After exceptional performance you would be given a medal that you can award one chosen crew member with from the tank used in that battle.

The medal would increase the crew member's skill or give some other effect.

For example:

-medal that increases main skill by 1

or

-medal that increases spot range by 1%

Alternativelly some speciall effects.

-hunter killer medal (don't know real medal names) that increases detection of light tanks by small amount.

The limitation is you can't award same crew member again until other members were awarded. So before giving 2nd medal to one person you would have to award other crew members first.

Medal choice would be dependent on what type of performance in battle was awarded. IF you were exceptional spotter you could award the commander or radio operator with medal that increases spotting. Etc

The type of received medal can only goes to proper crew member. If it's for spotting it can only go to those crew members who benefit spotting. If it was crit chance then it only can go to gunner. 

So if it would be not that difficult to get medal for spotter in light tank, then it would be difficult to get other medals for damage etc. 

So basically it would be hard to get every crew member a medal before you can give 2nd medal to a spotter.

Edited by jaxx77, 29 July 2019 - 05:15 PM.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 29 July 2019 - 05:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 71481 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Considering how crew % boosts via emblems went. I don't know how this will sit with some. Depending on how easy is it to reward them. As in do they get it via time and battle count? Or when they do well. Either way it would just be a gap to split the players even more I suspect. As to many run around with 75% base crew as is as they don't have a 5K battle crew, or skills to get a carry game to be rewarded with such. 

Nitro_Tank #3 Posted 29 July 2019 - 05:14 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6487 battles

View Postjaxx77, on 29 July 2019 - 04:07 PM, said:

Hi

I wonder if the game would benefit from medals for crew.

After exceptional performance you would be given a medal that you can award one chosen crew member with from the tank used in that battle.

The medal would increase the crew member's skill or give some other effect.

For example:

-medal that increases main skill by 1

or

-medal that increases spot range by 1%

Alternativelly some speciall effects.

-hunter killer medal (don't know real medal names) that increases detection of light tanks by small amount.

The limitation is you can't award same crew member again until other members were awarded. So before giving 2nd medal to one person you would have to award other crew members first.

Medal choice would be dependent on what type of performance in battle was awarded. IF you were exceptional spotter you could award the commander or radio operator with medal that increases spotting. Etc

The type of received medal can only goes to proper crew member. If it's for spotting it can only go to those crew members who benefit spotting. If it was crit chance then it only can go to gunner. 

So if it would be not that difficult to get medal for spotter in light tank, then it would be difficult to get other medals for damage etc. 

So basically it would be hard to get every crew member a medal before you can award 2nd medal to a spotter.

The problem i see with this is that once again good players become better while bad players won't get any benefit. Not everybody gets 10k spotting games on a regular basis, while there are some that do. Those players do NOT need any increase in performance anymore. Those bonuses may be small, but they make a difference that isnt fair and since you proposed that they can stack this would only grow worse over time. Its a well-meant suggestion, but one that would be terrible for the game.

StinkyStonky #4 Posted 29 July 2019 - 05:17 PM

Major

• Player
  • 33309 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

View PostBalc0ra, on 29 July 2019 - 04:12 PM, said:

Considering how crew % boosts via emblems went. 

I started playing this game just after the whole emblem booster thing died down (WG had just turned it all off).

Now, considering that Directives are practically the same thing, I wonder what all the fuss was about.

With Directives, I can either add something that boosts the cammo, OR the view range, OR something else.

Isn't that basically what the emblems did ?  I guess the difference was that they were "pay gold and permanent", like camo, rather than consumable like food or a repair kit.

jaxx77 #5 Posted 29 July 2019 - 05:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2799 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 29 July 2019 - 05:12 PM, said:

Considering how crew % boosts via emblems went. I don't know how this will sit with some. Depending on how easy is it to reward them. As in do they get it via time and battle count? Or when they do well. Either way it would just be a gap to split the players even more I suspect. As to many run around with 75% base crew as is as they don't have a 5K battle crew, or skills to get a carry game to be rewarded with such. 

View PostNitro_Tank, on 29 July 2019 - 05:14 PM, said:

The problem i see with this is that once again good players become better while bad players won't get any benefit. Not everybody gets 10k spotting games on a regular basis, while there are some that do. Those players do NOT need any increase in performance anymore. Those bonuses may be small, but they make a difference that isnt fair and since you proposed that they can stack this would only grow worse over time. Its a well-meant suggestion, but one that would be terrible for the game.

Not necessary. There could be special medals awarded to fresh recruits, like 75%. First Blood or Purple heart that have higher benefits the less skilled player is. This would close the gap btwn players and reward fresh ones for their performance in battle.

Also this would keep people playing their favourite tanks, and they would be subject to self imposed missions in game that would work like a little campaign if you were interested in rewarding your crew.

Or something like that.

Edited by jaxx77, 29 July 2019 - 05:20 PM.

Balc0ra #6 Posted 29 July 2019 - 05:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 71481 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostStinkyStonky, on 29 July 2019 - 05:17 PM, said:

I started playing this game just after the whole emblem booster thing died down (WG had just turned it all off).

Now, considering that Directives are practically the same thing, I wonder what all the fuss was about.

Not really. Directives is something they reward to everyone constantly. And you get enough bonds in a tier X game to buy most of them. And when they were tested, the response most had was that was a counter to those with improved equipment that was not well received either. That directive gives players with bad crew a chance to be equal vs the rest. Not stand above them. As having 6th sense on a 75% crew, or 100% camo on your light with a bad crew. Emblems did not really do that.

Emblems are for gold only. WG hardly rewards them. And they were for one crew rather than a skill set or equipment. And the boost they gave were not small vs directives. Thus the edge vs them was bigger.

Xandania #7 Posted 29 July 2019 - 05:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41394 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

View PostStinkyStonky, on 29 July 2019 - 04:17 PM, said:

With Directives, I can either add something that boosts the cammo, OR the view range, OR something else.

Isn't that basically what the emblems did ?  I guess the difference was that they were "pay gold and permanent", like camo, rather than consumable like food or a repair kit.

Not quite - the directives give a per-battle boost to one skill - the emblems should have given a minor flat bonus or a stronger bonus on activation (I remember 15% quicker reload after getting dinged). While, as the regular skills, many were useless, some had the potential to break the game - especially as emblems were and still are gold only - and back then we didn't get many of them for free like it is nowadays.

Spurtung #8 Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:22 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 72589 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT
This sounds like Rubicon with extra steps. No.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users