WOT Premium Premium Account

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

TurboTumor #1 Posted 30 July 2019 - 09:24 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2293 battles
  • [_BIB_] _BIB_

Is it only me or does WOT gets worse with every year? I feel like whenever they do an update they go 1 step forward while going 2 steps backwards.

Really cool idea to have 5 daily exp bonuses and a credit bank where you can get 750000 credits (depending on how much you play to reach the 750k limit) every week.

But why is such a cool feature locked behind a paywall called premium account? I guess we all know that most of the intrest of WG goes into making money. It is obvious that they need to make money in order to keep the game alive. I really feel bad for WOT and I think you guys will understand that as well because we are in a time right now where games get published in an unfinished/unplayable state. Not only that... most companies atm really don't put any love into their games and only look for possibilities to manipulate players into payers. I really don't want to play WOT whenever my premium account runs out because it is so frustrating how much time you need to spend compared to someone with premium. The game itself is designed in a way to make you pay at some point and that shouldnt be the norm at all.

What is really questionable too me are the skins they put into the game which you could only get in one way (paying for lootboxes and hoping youre lucky which is gambling btw). They made a really good impression and people just liked them a lot. So why is WG failing so hard in the skins/cosmetics part of the game? Just put in a lot more camos and skins for tanks which you can buy for a reasonable price??

But thats another topic for another day.

If you don't have a premium account then good luck getting depressed while playing a painful game. A game itself should be something enjoyable and not something depressive, forced or frustrating.

BravelyRanAway #2 Posted 30 July 2019 - 09:35 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24202 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostTurboTumor, on 30 July 2019 - 08:24 AM, said:

Really cool idea to have 5 daily exp bonuses and a credit bank where you can get 750000 credits (depending on how much you play to reach the 750k limit) every week.

But why is such a cool feature locked behind a paywall called premium account?

Once your tank is fully researched....what difference does that make to your gameplay? 

NUKLEAR_SLUG #3 Posted 30 July 2019 - 09:38 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33517 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
You should be happy WG allow you to play for free in the first place. See how far you'll get trying to get Blizzard to allow you to play WoW for free.

WhoCares01 #4 Posted 30 July 2019 - 09:41 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19227 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 30 July 2019 - 09:35 AM, said:

Once your tank is fully researched....what difference does that make to your gameplay? 

Currently none, but they intent to change it such that it also works with accelerated crew training ticked.

Sirebellus #5 Posted 30 July 2019 - 09:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22507 battles

The thing about the Premium Account content is that you don't NEED it to progress in the game, a boost in XP and Credits can make you progress in the game faster, but that's all.
You only get XP and Credits, you don't get any special vehicles / ammo / equipment etc that isn't available to everyone who plays the game.

So no-one is forcing you to pay real money - the 'cool' features (as you call them) that I get as a Premium Member - more XP and a Credit Boost are nothing that you couldn't earn yourself by playing about 3-4 times as many games a day as I play, or 2-3 times if you use one of the free premium vehicles that WG hand out regularly...

LincolnTank #6 Posted 30 July 2019 - 10:01 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9616 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Business = financial turnover. They have to generate revenue to pay everyone and the infrastructure. You get to play for free by their grace only.

unhappy_bunny #7 Posted 30 July 2019 - 10:09 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19542 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostTurboTumor, on 30 July 2019 - 08:24 AM, said:.

If you don't have a premium account then good luck getting depressed while playing a painful game. A game itself should be something enjoyable and not something depressive, forced or frustrating.

It depends on what you want out of the game. 

If you play in order to work your was as quickly as possible from Tier 1 to Tier 10 in each line then I guess it could be frustrating to see other players able to do that quicker that you. But with most players, you don't know how quickly they are moving up the tiers, how long they have to play to get enough credits or xp to unlock and buy the next tank. 

Does it matter if it takes you a day to accumulate the credits needed to buy the next tank, or a week, or a month?

The only person that make the game depressing, forced or frustrating for you is you. 

BTW how many personal reserves have you got stashed away?

PowJay #8 Posted 30 July 2019 - 10:14 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 39267 battles

View PostTurboTumor, on 30 July 2019 - 08:24 AM, said:

Is it only me or does WOT gets worse with every year?

So this is your reroll account then? (created 2019) And it is obviously still painful and depressing for you. Have you ever thought of giving up?

Balc0ra #9 Posted 30 July 2019 - 10:33 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 71481 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostTurboTumor, on 30 July 2019 - 09:24 AM, said:

But why is such a cool feature locked behind a paywall called premium account? I guess we all know that most of the interest of WG goes into making money. It is obvious that they need to make money in order to keep the game alive. I really

XP boost is nice ofc. But since they added that, they have had way more missions that reward 10 000 XP on one tank. Even had 2 the past week. So I've done a tier 9 in 100 games farming those missions alone "no premium". And why? Because they added personal reserves that added 100% XP pr game. And since they did that, premium time sales were dropping rapidly. This was done to make it more interesting again.

The vault is only valid if you play lots. And if you don't play lots and your a new player. The vault just holds silver most need today, not next week. So it's kinda silly tbh. And for those that play enough, 750K is not something they notice, or it gets maxed out instantly for them to care much. But at the same time again here too, they added merits. And my NA account gains more from loot sold via merits, then what he gains via the vault when he has free premium to complain about it anyway. It's not like no one got nothing.

What is really questionable too me are the skins they put into the game which you could only get in one way (paying for lootboxes and hoping youre lucky which is gambling btw).

Well according to the UK it's not gabling. Nor did my nation see it as gambling in a hearing last week. So sadly not many argree with that besides Belgium. But as with premium tanks, some items are behind a paywall. And those 4 tier X skins we got via Xmas lootboxes "no one bought them for the skins anyway". Were sold outside the boxes later.

TurboTumor #10 Posted 30 July 2019 - 11:09 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2293 battles
  • [_BIB_] _BIB_

View PostBalc0ra, on 30 July 2019 - 10:33 AM, said:

XP boost is nice ofc. But since they added that, they have had way more missions that reward 10 000 XP on one tank. Even had 2 the past week. So I've done a tier 9 in 100 games farming those missions alone "no premium". And why? Because they added personal reserves that added 100% XP pr game. And since they did that, premium time sales were dropping rapidly. This was done to make it more interesting again.

The vault is only valid if you play lots. And if you don't play lots and your a new player. The vault just holds silver most need today, not next week. So it's kinda silly tbh. And for those that play enough, 750K is not something they notice, or it gets maxed out instantly for them to care much. But at the same time again here too, they added merits. And my NA account gains more from loot sold via merits, then what he gains via the vault when he has free premium to complain about it anyway. It's not like no one got nothing.

Well according to the UK it's not gabling. Nor did my nation see it as gambling in a hearing last week. So sadly not many argree with that besides Belgium. But as with premium tanks, some items are behind a paywall. And those 4 tier X skins we got via Xmas lootboxes "no one bought them for the skins anyway". Were sold outside the boxes later.

That is mostly the case because the laws for gambling in games are not specific enough in the UK.

Surpise mechanics right? Lootboxes are bait for whales in order to make them an addict.

Whales are players that spend tons of money into games.

Dorander #11 Posted 30 July 2019 - 11:21 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 21025 battles
TL,DR, the bonuses of premium accounts are great and OP wants them for free because somebody else is supposedly greedy. :facepalm:

Edited by Dorander, 30 July 2019 - 11:21 AM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #12 Posted 30 July 2019 - 11:22 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33517 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostTurboTumor, on 30 July 2019 - 11:09 AM, said:

That is mostly the case because the laws for gambling in games are not specific enough in the UK.

Surpise mechanics right? Lootboxes are bait for whales in order to make them an addict.

Whales are players that spend tons of money into games.

So don't take the bait. You're capable of making decisions for yourself aren't you?

TurboTumor #13 Posted 30 July 2019 - 11:40 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2293 battles
  • [_BIB_] _BIB_

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 30 July 2019 - 11:22 AM, said:

So don't take the bait. You're capable of making decisions for yourself aren't you?

It is about the way you design your game and monetize it. It doesnt justify the predatory design of a game.

Have you ever played Warframe? If yes then you will know that the community spends money on DE because they want to support them not because they are forced to pay in order to have an enjoyable experience and thats a hude difference.

ValkyrionX #14 Posted 30 July 2019 - 11:44 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 50816 battles
  • [NOPAS] NOPAS

View PostTurboTumor, on 30 July 2019 - 11:40 AM, said:

It is about the way you design your game and monetize it. It doesnt justify the predatory design of a game.

Have you ever played Warframe? If yes then you will know that the community spends money on DE because they want to support them not because they are forced to pay in order to have an enjoyable experience and thats a hude difference.

I have been a f2p player for many years, this problem of having to have a premium account, you only see it.

No one forces you to buy it and you can play very well without it.

MeetriX #15 Posted 30 July 2019 - 11:54 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 23069 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

View PostTurboTumor, on 30 July 2019 - 11:40 AM, said:

Who is forcing who and how does premium account give enjoyable experience vs f2p?

TurboTumor #16 Posted 30 July 2019 - 12:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2293 battles
  • [_BIB_] _BIB_

The benefit gap between a f2p account and a premium account is too huge and all I want is to balance it out.

View PostMeetriX, on 30 July 2019 - 11:54 AM, said:

Who is forcing who and how does premium account give enjoyable experience vs f2p?

Are you aware of predatory monetizing systems in games (it is a huge topic around many games and companies rn)? Maybe it is far more enjoyable to spend 2-3 weeks for a tier 10 tank than 2-3 months without premium tank and premium account.

unhappy_bunny #17 Posted 30 July 2019 - 12:21 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19542 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostTurboTumor, on 30 July 2019 - 10:40 AM, said:

ok. So what gives you an enjoyable experience in WoT? 

What are you looking for in a game? What is it that you enjoy doing gamewise?

11:24 Added after 2 minute

View PostTurboTumor, on 30 July 2019 - 11:18 AM, said:

The benefit gap between a f2p account and a premium account is too huge and all I want is to balance it out.

Are you aware of predatory monetizing systems in games (it is a huge topic around many games and companies rn)? Maybe it is far more enjoyable to spend 2-3 weeks for a tier 10 tank than 2-3 months without premium tank and premium account.

Why do you want to balance out a gap that YOU think is too big? Come to that, why do YOU think it is too big anyway?

splash_time #18 Posted 30 July 2019 - 12:28 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11984 battles
  • [GRFIN] GRFIN

Is it only me or does WOT gets worse with every year? I feel like whenever they do an update they go 1 step forward while going 2 steps backwards.

But why is such a cool feature locked behind a paywall called premium account? I guess we all know that most of the intrest of WG goes into making money. It is obvious that they need to make money in order to keep the game alive. I really feel bad for WOT and I think you guys will understand that as well because we are in a time right now where games get published in an unfinished/unplayable state. Not only that... most companies atm really don't put any love into their games and only look for possibilities to manipulate players into payers. I really don't want to play WOT whenever my premium account runs out because it is so frustrating how much time you need to spend compared to someone with premium. The game itself is designed in a way to make you pay at some point and that shouldnt be the norm at all.

What is really questionable too me are the skins they put into the game which you could only get in one way (paying for lootboxes and hoping youre lucky which is gambling btw). They made a really good impression and people just liked them a lot. So why is WG failing so hard in the skins/cosmetics part of the game? Just put in a lot more camos and skins for tanks which you can buy for a reasonable price??

But thats another topic for another day.

I'm a free play guy, and i got three tier 10's without any prem, and after prem update, I'm trying my best to get premium from missions on campaign.

But yh, it's hard without prem, after all, WG is a big company and need money to pay to their staff and etc.

But i really wished that if "credits bank" was working without the prem.

Edited by splash_time, 30 July 2019 - 12:28 PM.

onderschepper #19 Posted 30 July 2019 - 12:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2168 battles
  • [BOF] BOF

It speaks volumes that the next game to release from Wargaming is Buy2Play with no microtransactions, but instead using the old format of Expansion Packs.

Which is interesting when one considers that it was originally designed to be F2P, but it was changed at the start of the year.:sceptic:

Thus if OP truly can not bear the methodology in WoT, then jumping to the other title upon release is an option (you could go early access, but that is always a risk - namely account resets).:B

MeetriX #20 Posted 30 July 2019 - 12:45 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 23069 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

View PostTurboTumor, on 30 July 2019 - 12:18 PM, said:

I came here to chew gum and shoot tanks and I'm all out of idea what you mean.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users