Homefront - Decrepidly Slow to Level?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Back4Breakfast #1 Posted 30 July 2019 - 06:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1485 battles

I've had WoT for over 5 years, I've never felt the need to post anything as I've enjoyed the game on and off through out all those years but Homefront to me sounded amazing.  I love PvE, it's always fun to take on AI but for some reason WG have literally picked the worst tanks to start at Level 1 and it is sucking the enjoyment out of it.  I get there has to be varying levels but wouldn't it have been better to either have tanks that are just a bit better than the Matilda or give people the chance to use whatever tank they have and base the level of opposition on whatever the team that matchmaking puts together????

It seems morbidly slow to level, to the point where I'm on the verge of giving up and just ignoring what could be a brilliant part of the game.  Am I missing something?  Have I missed a switch where I can actually choose better tanks?  I will admit I am literally in the German tree only in the normal game in an attempt to research the whole thing but this seems such a brilliant idea yet so poorly executed for anyone wanting to get into it.  Grinding your way up is just dull, albeit the normal game is a bit grindy, at least you have other tanks to knock about with.

Maybe I'm just not getting it but it would be nice if someone else was in the same boat (or tank) as me?

DarkSephirot #2 Posted 30 July 2019 - 06:27 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 38967 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI
that mode is done wrong because cant be a tier 3 go with all tier 1 is sure a lost match and a wasste of fuel tank

XxKuzkina_MatxX #3 Posted 30 July 2019 - 06:47 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53231 battles

Not all the divisions start out with good tanks but the Matildas and Valentines at least have some armor. They can be painful on some maps and it's hard to avoid airstrikes in them but there are a lot of other good tanks.

Progression through the mode is limited by fuel cans and MM. You'll start with limited battles per day and if you lose due to the MM then that will limit the amount of XP too. There is a micropatch tomorrow to sort out the MM problem so let's hope it'll give a better experience.

Back4Breakfast #4 Posted 30 July 2019 - 07:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1485 battles
Good to know I'm not alone in thinking it's all a bit backwards.  It could be great!  But as it stands it just isn't quite there...

ZDN #5 Posted 30 July 2019 - 07:34 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22871 battles
  • [CTRL-] CTRL-

I hate to have tier 1 and tier 2 in my tier 3 battles and lose them in the first min,and after play 2 or 3 vs bots.

Pls make the mm tier per tier! So if your in a tier 1 you play in tier 1, not in tier 2 and 3,plus in tier 1 you have just 4 waves of bots.

Bordhaw #6 Posted 30 July 2019 - 09:58 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14492 battles

View PostZDN, on 30 July 2019 - 06:34 PM, said:

I hate to have tier 1 and tier 2 in my tier 3 battles and lose them in the first min,and after play 2 or 3 vs bots.

Same as random battles then...

Balc0ra #7 Posted 30 July 2019 - 10:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 71534 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostDarkSephirot, on 30 July 2019 - 06:27 PM, said:

that mode is done wrong because cant be a tier 3 go with all tier 1 is sure a lost match and a wasste of fuel tank

There is a micro patch tomorrow that says it will fix homefront MM. What ever that means. I suspected it would be an issue early on when some are on tier 1 more so then bought tier III etc. But at this point there are still more tier I's then I've seen III's on my team when I've played my tier III group so far.

speedphlux #8 Posted 30 July 2019 - 10:06 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46795 battles
  • [TZAR] TZAR
I've tried playing it, but it's a waste of time IMHO. Just sucks the little joy left in WoT for me personally.

Back4Breakfast #9 Posted 30 July 2019 - 10:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1485 battles

Interesting - you guys have played a serious amount and if you're in agreement that it isn't quite what it should be I feel a bit better!  

@Balc0ra - love that German Commander btw!  Well done :)

spitting_bob #10 Posted 02 August 2019 - 09:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30262 battles
  • Unless you live in WOT don't play this mode... I'm an idiot and thus unsure what the rewards even are... 
  • Also feels really tedious, the assaults should be cut by 50%. It gets boring. 
  • Some very weird spots and blind shots by the AI... almost as they know where you are... 
  • Also "fun" to play higher tiers... screws you and the others. Bravo! 
  • Smells like someone designed something on paper but did not have the time to play it. 
  • Concept is nice and I hope they keep working on it. 
  • All in all, nice but rework :)

Oh forgot the most important one. The tutorial, or the lack of it. FTUE done in 5 minutes right....cmon

And the bombers, the areas where the bombs hit are really unclear, red lines here and there. Sometimes you don't even have the chance to get out. 

Edited by spitting_bob, 02 August 2019 - 09:25 PM.

Solstad1069 #11 Posted 02 August 2019 - 09:57 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 43894 battles
I got the level 2 camos, thats enough for me.

Brandon6only #12 Posted 02 August 2019 - 11:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6807 battles
  • [LVGD] LVGD

View PostBack4Breakfast, on 30 July 2019 - 06:24 PM, said:

I've had WoT for over 5 years, I've never felt the need to post anything as I've enjoyed the game on and off through out all those years but Homefront to me sounded amazing.  I love PvE, it's always fun to take on AI but for some reason WG have literally picked the worst tanks to start at Level 1 and it is sucking the enjoyment out of it.  I get there has to be varying levels but wouldn't it have been better to either have tanks that are just a bit better than the Matilda or give people the chance to use whatever tank they have and base the level of opposition on whatever the team that matchmaking puts together????

It seems morbidly slow to level, to the point where I'm on the verge of giving up and just ignoring what could be a brilliant part of the game.  Am I missing something?  Have I missed a switch where I can actually choose better tanks?  I will admit I am literally in the German tree only in the normal game in an attempt to research the whole thing but this seems such a brilliant idea yet so poorly executed for anyone wanting to get into it.  Grinding your way up is just dull, albeit the normal game is a bit grindy, at least you have other tanks to knock about with.

Maybe I'm just not getting it but it would be nice if someone else was in the same boat (or tank) as me?

Actually - I couldn't agree with You more! That tier MM could be done better...But overall I did enjoy play against AI. I liked Halloween green stuff picking, but this is even better! Also option to pick up stuff worth of 5 k bonns, is awesome! I did spend gold to jump over grinding true level 1 , 2 right into 3...I aimed for western front improved gun ramer, so I got it...Hope in future WG will provide us with such options again! I didn't find this game play boring or noncompetitive , I did enjoy every bit of it! Buy the way - in some games I did pick a victory with 3 first tier tank players, so its not just about the tanks, but more like about the lads behind those tanks... WG - great job!

Tankistu #13 Posted 03 August 2019 - 12:20 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29611 battles
  • [-IBS-] -IBS-

View Postspitting_bob, on 02 August 2019 - 08:20 PM, said:

Oh forgot the most important one. The tutorial, or the lack of it. FTUE done in 5 minutes right....cmon

And the bombers, the areas where the bombs hit are really unclear, red lines here and there. Sometimes you don't even have the chance to get out. 

Each player is at the centre of a target circle in which the bombers will drop bombs. It seems unclear to you because if a teammate is close to you then his circle will overlap yours. This could cause confusion especially if you remain in sniper view. You should zoom out. 

vasilinhorulezz #14 Posted 03 August 2019 - 12:41 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26450 battles
I finished eastern front, but I'm not really sure if I can continue playing this boring game mode, or if I'll have enough fuel to complete the western front, also, for anyone who plays the eastern, division III SU-85 with the derp, best thing ever. If you want constantly first place go with the TDs.

__Smoken__ #15 Posted 03 August 2019 - 12:54 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4850 battles
  • [M3RC] M3RC

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 03 August 2019 - 12:41 PM, said:

I finished eastern front, but I'm not really sure if I can continue playing this boring game mode, or if I'll have enough fuel to complete the western front, also, for anyone who plays the eastern, division III SU-85 with the derp, best thing ever. If you want constantly first place go with the TDs.

Agreed the TD's are the best way to go . Nice to have the recon perk for the teams that are to scared to scout.

Gremlin182 #16 Posted 03 August 2019 - 01:03 PM

General

• Player
  • 56186 battles

I hope they keep running with this idea as it might just be a way to do historical battles and even big battles.

Doubt we will ever get to use our own tanks and crews due to balancing problems.

LordMuffin #17 Posted 03 August 2019 - 01:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 51622 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
I leveled from T1 to T3 pretty fast today, 1st place and victory every time.

arthurwellsley #18 Posted 03 August 2019 - 01:20 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 54054 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostBack4Breakfast, on 30 July 2019 - 05:24 PM, said:

It's a clever design by WG.

Level 1 gives a tiny amount of points per battle whether you win or lose compared to level II and III.

Thus it is therefore much more expedient to spend 350gold skipping level I.

Once on level II everything becomes more fun and the points roll in.

Even more points can be garnered if you gather a full platoon of five players and have one or two at level III as that ensures more often than not the level II players get more points even on a loss.

Tha_Truth #19 Posted 04 August 2019 - 11:08 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 73590 battles
  • [E-VO] E-VO

Well.  i got level 3's.

In homefront random (non platoon), i still get paired up with tier 1's.

We had a victory, 7 waves because of tier 1 and 2 in my team, instead of 10 waves.

14000 dmg done. all tanks survived.

i was nr1, and still only got 51 points.  2000 dmg is far away..

edit:  while in victories with 10 waves of enemies,  170 points is possible.

But getting paired with level 1 makes it very difficult.  unfair.

We could expect being paired with other 3's only.

edit 2:

its impossible to get both equipment. even at level 3, i get teamed up with level 1 teamm8s.  i get 7 waves of enemies with 51 points max profit.  51 points...   how to get to 2000?

Edited by Tha_Truth, 04 August 2019 - 02:44 PM.

YourBestFriend_2016 #20 Posted 04 August 2019 - 03:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16967 battles
  • [_AOF_] _AOF_

The game mode itself is nice to play.

It is just too hard to win a match. Grinding up to the equipment reward is not doable for a medicore player. 

I concluded after 2 days it is undoable to get to the equipment and stopped with it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users