47 replies to this topic

NUKLEAR_SLUG #41 Posted 03 August 2019 - 07:23 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33818 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostBpoHiPoBaHHbiJ, on 31 July 2019 - 11:16 PM, said:

I thought as most guys told to get to M53/M55 and do missions with it

M53/55 is the best combination of mobility, gun arc and reload/gunhandling in one package. You can do every arty mission you would ever need to with it.

PowJay #42 Posted 03 August 2019 - 09:35 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 39559 battles

Just to reinforce some of the things I said earlier. 

I played my FV3805 for six battles last night. I had one in the M53/55. Both tier IX. Both have average damage around 900 HP. In the seven battles I fired 30 rounds. Total damage was in the region of 3,500. Average damage achieved per shell was 115 HP. Very frustrating. 

On Cliff, the mountain flank fell as everyone put themselves in the gap. I was killed attempting to relocate- a common occurrence. 

On the final battle on Mannerheim Line we started west and I ended up in the enemy base as the north flank was pushed hard and I had to run again. 

On Tundra, once again, trying to cover the east flank I ended up running all the way to the west to get away. And then there was Seigfried Line where I couldn't hit anything that was spotted and everything else appeared, disappeared and (sensibly) never stopped moving long enough to hit it.

It was a very painful 90 minutes and I didn't enjoy a single battle. Just to make you aware of what you're getting into. 

Hechaton #43 Posted 03 August 2019 - 12:47 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 51815 battles

Why you even want to play that piece of crap"tank class" is beyond my comprehension.

AND you'll hemoriging credit playing them unless your'e a super unicum raised from hell.

Edited by Hechaton, 03 August 2019 - 12:49 PM.

PowJay #44 Posted 03 August 2019 - 02:49 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 39559 battles

View PostHechaton, on 03 August 2019 - 11:47 AM, said:

Why you even want to play that piece of crap"tank class" is beyond my comprehension.

AND you'll hemoriging credit playing them unless your'e a super unicum raised from hell.

The only reason, and I mean the one and only, singular, unique, no-other-reason reason I play mine is for Campaign objectives. Last night was more casual as I was playing the FV purely for the Conqueror GC (still thousands upon thousands of XP off this) and the M53/55 when the FV was in battle. 

I do have a "with Honours" 1st Campaign mission active as I've done all 60, but otherwise I really wish I'd not bothered. I could actually do with completing SPG-15 (4) for Orders. It's the only way I've got a chance of getting the Object. 

BpoHiPoBaHHbiJ #45 Posted 03 August 2019 - 08:15 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12757 battles
  • [RU18] RU18

I have to agree that im one of those who hate arty....most the time i play my TDs or heavys....but i came up to 2 reasons to create thread for ideas,one is to try arty,as never did,maybe few battles when i created account,but not proper playing,second was to do campaign as i dont have time to do all with perfect so at this point it seems easy to do some SPG missions and move on...maybe some of you are right and its time of waste,but i like try things in life,same in game :P

So far after like 20 battles im just tier 5 arty,yes its kinda boring gameplay,shoot,move to another bush,shoot,move to another bush....crew just 1 skill,i think thats why im just hitting about 4 shots from 10 even on full aim....but its different and missions are moving...so for now its working,will see what future will be :child:

Thanks all again for any opinion/advice/tip

PowJay #46 Posted 03 August 2019 - 08:31 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 39559 battles

View PostBpoHiPoBaHHbiJ, on 03 August 2019 - 07:15 PM, said:

I have to agree that im one of those who hate arty....most the time i play my TDs or heavys....but i came up to 2 reasons to create thread for ideas,one is to try arty,as never did,maybe few battles when i created account,but not proper playing,second was to do campaign as i dont have time to do all with perfect so at this point it seems easy to do some SPG missions and move on...maybe some of you are right and its time of waste,but i like try things in life,same in game :P

So far after like 20 battles im just tier 5 arty,yes its kinda boring gameplay,shoot,move to another bush,shoot,move to another bush....crew just 1 skill,i think thats why im just hitting about 4 shots from 10 even on full aim....but its different and missions are moving...so for now its working,will see what future will be :child:

Thanks all again for any opinion/advice/tip

There are those who absolutely refuse to play arty for the Campaigns. I suppose that's OK for the first Campaign as you can get the tanks by getting Honours in the other "15" missions. Ironically, I have the first 45 SPG missions with Honours and many for the fourth tank, but I've pretty much no chance of completing some of the others. I've still to complete HT-15(3) having used Orders to complete the HT missions and get the T-55a. 

r00barb #47 Posted 03 August 2019 - 10:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27533 battles

... yes its kinda boring gameplay,shoot,move to another bush,shoot,move to another bush ... 

That simple step of moving to another bush immediately places you above 90% of arty players. Start moving in support of your team depending on how map control develops during the battle and that goes up to something like 95%.

... crew just 1 skill,i think thats why im just hitting about 4 shots from 10 even on full aim ...

No, that's about right. People make a lot of fuss about being hit by arty but especially in lower tiers they're not looking at how many shots you've fired, only counting the ones that hit them. Once you get above tier 6 it gets easier as splash radii increase but it's still the class that gets punished most by RNG.

View PostPowJay, on 03 August 2019 - 07:31 PM, said:

There are those who absolutely refuse to play arty for the Campaigns. I suppose that's OK for the first Campaign as you can get the tanks by getting Honours in the other "15" missions.

Good for those other guys, I guess. I started playing arty because I wanted to try every type, I continued playing it for missions and sometimes in randoms because it breaks up the grind of regular tanks. I'll be playing it less now that I've researched all the arty I set out to research.

View PostPowJay, on 03 August 2019 - 07:31 PM, said:

Ironically, I have the first 45 SPG missions with Honours and many for the fourth tank, but I've pretty much no chance of completing some of the others. I've still to complete HT-15(3) having used Orders to complete the HT missions and get the T-55a. 

Ok, wait, are you me in a couple of months time?! :amazed:

I've got honours in the first 45 SPG missions and just used my first order on a HT mission for the T-55a ... is this the future or merely a sign of things to come? :ohmy:

snowlywhite #48 Posted 04 August 2019 - 03:17 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23802 battles

get m53/55 and don't bother with the rest

it seems to be plenty for 1st campaign and the 2nd conveniently requires arty only for us/uk

don't bother with the rest as you'll just do some secondaries and get less than you'll spend on actually buying the tank.

Ok, probably helps if you can't do x crew/module in y battles, but you have on each group of nations some normal tank line with good he pen. And the gameplay is truly dull.

Also tagged with Arty, Gameplay, Shiitthrower, Art, Artillery

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users