Colonel

• Player
  • 11327 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 30 July 2019 - 10:26 PM, said:

Source:

Spoiler

Thats impressive! :amazed:

Regarding the German line; you say the T8 & 9 are crap, so keep the T7 for Second Front missions and go for the TX as the second option?

Back4Breakfast #22 Posted 31 July 2019 - 07:31 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1555 battles
I did the arty missions all with the German line - Hummel up to Panther - first mission set I actually managed to complete.  Seem very easy to do it although some of these folk who've battled 10,000 more than me have probably the better advice on it as they play all tree where as I'm just playing the German line.

BpoHiPoBaHHbiJ #23 Posted 31 July 2019 - 12:58 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12757 battles
  • [RU18] RU18
Thanks everyone for opinions and advices,helped a lot see you in battle

WhoCares01 #24 Posted 31 July 2019 - 01:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20408 battles

Just to make one point clear - you don't need to play a single farty battle to get the reward tanks from the missions! By doing the other lines (LT, MT, HT, TD) with honors, you get the orders to skip the SPG.15 missions. That's how I got StuG IV and T28HTC, and am 2 honors from getting T55A.

Similar for the second campaign, I got the Excalibur without playing a single farty battle.

fwhaatpiraat #25 Posted 31 July 2019 - 01:34 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 57493 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postundutchable80, on 31 July 2019 - 07:31 AM, said:

Thats impressive! :amazed:

Regarding the German line; you say the T8 & 9 are crap, so keep the T7 for Second Front missions and go for the TX as the second option?

Gw panther used to be a really strong spg. No clue really if it's good now. Playing the M12 now, that one is better than I expected.

I said the German tier 8 and 9 are bad because they have terrible mobility, bad gun handling (worse than russians, better than americans but they compensate in mobility and versatility) and the gun is not harder hitting or more accurate than the others. They probably had a role in the past when they (germans) were the hardest hitting SPGs and had best penetration with AP.

Tier X gw actually is a great allrounder. Much better reload time than the T92 and CGC, while the difference in alpha dmg isn't that much worse. Also has a much better aiming time/gun handling than the CGC and T92.  GW is much more comfortable than T92, on certain maps the high arc of the CGC makes a big difference though.

SaintMaddenus #26 Posted 31 July 2019 - 01:46 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 37699 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

"you in battle   "

But we wont see you cos you're behind a bloody mountain :)    

tajj7 #27 Posted 31 July 2019 - 02:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27921 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

First set of PMs you'll be able to do pretty much every mission relatively easily with the US arty line, the M44 being OP as all hell can probably do the Stug and T28 missions easily, and probably a lot of the T-55A and Obj. 260 mission, but some missions require bigger damage stun where you should get the M53/M55, which again you can do pretty much every arty mission in the PMs with.

Plus US arties will let you do the Alliance missions for the 2nd set.

Then if you don't want to grind a whole other arty line, grind the S-51 from the KV-2, its a relatively easy grind as the KV-2 is a strong tank and the S-51 with the stock gun can do the few arty missions that are in the Union set. 

IIRC Germans/Japanese and the French/Czech/Italian sets of missions need to no arty, so no need to get German arty or French arty. 

BpoHiPoBaHHbiJ #28 Posted 31 July 2019 - 02:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12757 battles
  • [RU18] RU18

View PostSaintMaddenus, on 31 July 2019 - 01:46 PM, said:

"you in battle   "

But we wont see you cos you're behind a bloody mountain :)    

True..but if i hit you, you gona see that for sure :P

BpoHiPoBaHHbiJ #29 Posted 31 July 2019 - 09:46 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12757 battles
  • [RU18] RU18

One more question,what the best equipment use on arty:

I think ill go for American line from what been sayd,so focus on that please,thanks in advance once again.

kaneloon #30 Posted 31 July 2019 - 10:52 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 30795 battles
  • [UKN-A] UKN-A
Obviously : camo, rammer and accelerating aiming device.

WindSplitter1 #31 Posted 31 July 2019 - 10:56 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18884 battles
  • [DTPT] DTPT

View PostSpurtung, on 30 July 2019 - 08:19 PM, said:

M53/M55, that's the only arty you'll ever need.

Stun mission? First gun.

Damage mission? Second gun.

The end.

This.

Swinging Richard knows the deal. But the French is not to bad either.

BiA + Vents + Rammer

Whatever you do, don't get the T92. Waste of credits. You'll spend more time reloading than actually playing the game.

Edited by WindSplitter1, 31 July 2019 - 10:57 PM.

BpoHiPoBaHHbiJ #32 Posted 31 July 2019 - 11:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12757 battles
  • [RU18] RU18

View PostWindSplitter1, on 31 July 2019 - 10:56 PM, said:

This.

Swinging Richard knows the deal. But the French is not to bad either.

BiA + Vents + Rammer

Whatever you do, don't get the T92. Waste of credits. You'll spend more time reloading than actually playing the game.

I thought as most guys told to get to M53/M55 and do missions with it

Balc0ra #33 Posted 31 July 2019 - 11:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72088 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostBpoHiPoBaHHbiJ, on 31 July 2019 - 09:46 PM, said:

I think ill go for American line from what been sayd,so focus on that please,thanks in advance once again.

Camo, rammer and GLD in general. Tho the US tier 9 can use vents too as it's not an open top. So it depends on if you want ROF for the stock gun, or better aim for the top gun etc. Personally, I swapped camo for vents on that one and went for both aim and ROF.

TheComfyChair #34 Posted 31 July 2019 - 11:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8891 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
M44 is like a gold tank but without hitting the bank balance :hiding:

tajj7 #35 Posted 01 August 2019 - 09:42 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27921 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostBpoHiPoBaHHbiJ, on 31 July 2019 - 08:46 PM, said:

Any skills or equipment that you can put on that will boost aiming, accuracy and reload. (So BIA, snap shot, food, vents, rammer, GLD etc.) 

Pretty much every other thing is irrelevant for arty as they barely ever doing any direct fighting. 

You can even get away with no having sixth sense IMO as long as you are aware of the mini-map and practice moving after firing anyway. 

PowJay #36 Posted 01 August 2019 - 10:12 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 39559 battles

I am not going to read through everything, I am just going to give you my take on it.

SPGs used to be fun for the arty player. Regularly I would be good with either kills or damage depending on whether I tended to hit the enemy first or second, after an ally. Smacking things from the sky was just something I did- mostly when I was having breakfast and using my left hand to hold the toast. :teethhappy:

There was some sort of alteration to SPG accuracy (IMHO) before the infamous 8.6 when I emptied the magazine in the Hummel in one battle and either got very, very low or even zero damage.

AFTER 8.6, I sold the Grille and the Hummel, tried the GW Panther (and sold it with 5 wins from 20 battles) tried the French and UK arty (and abandoned those) and basically ended up with just the old T57 tier II SPG as my last and only arty.

The ONLY reason I took SPG play back up was for the first campaign, and these were only the US and UK lines. I rebought the Bishop and whichever SPG was at tier IV or V in the US tree and went from there.

Long, long story short, with the US and UK SPGs only, I finished the first three tanks in the First Campaign just before the Stun idea was introduced. I honestly thought I would never play another SPG until I got the T-55a with Orders and was able to play the Object missions.

Long story short, I hate playing SPGs. If you just accept that you are suffering the pain only for a higher cause (to complete missions) and not for win rate, it will be a good start because while they may be hateful things to play against, they are hateful things to play.

Be patient. Prepare to wait, and wait and wait and wait. It is guaranteed that the moment you decide to focus on a different area, or tank, the perfect shot will appear just where you were before. BUT, and here's a kicker...

The reload takes a little while. IF you think you are going to move or re-aim, fire that shot anyway. You might hit something and you are then reloading as you relocate/re-aim. You really should move between shots to avoid counter-battery fire. Especially when I am bottom tier, I will often play counter-battery. You can look in the general areas where SPGs locate and target them using the tracers. Early viewing for trees being knocked down and walls/fences being crushed can really help locate enemy SPGs at the start of battle.

Prepare to be dissapointed A LOT. Even the most carefully aimed shots will miss and miss and miss. The one thing that seems certain is that if you fire on a tank that is killed by your allies about 0.1 seconds before you shell lands, it will land dead centre on a burning hulk!

Use T all the time, and let your allies know where you are supporting. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT fire on enemy tanks as allies are closing because you will damage/stun them. Of course, if you press T to indicate that you are about to fire, the responsibilty does go both ways. Remember that your shell flight time is long and a lot can happen in that few seconds.

Prepare to move up an entire flank, leaving the base completely. I have ended up in the enemy base more than once because my team lost, or left open, a flank leaving me vulnerable. WATCH what is happening and run early. Unfortunately, I seem to spend more time running than fighting in many battles.

As for nations: I would avoid the Soviet as they have very narrow gun arcs and need to move the hull a lot. The UK are good for missions where you have to land several shots on target. The rapid fire is great for this. Stun is not available on UK until tier VII, if I remember correctly.

US is probably the best line, but I found the M12 as painful as hell. The M40/43 should fulfil all of your needs for the First Campaign as it is the highest tier one I owned when I finished all 60 missions. The UK ones can be very frustrating. I really did not enjoy the tier VIII, but the IX is better. French, I cannot comment on and I have not played the highest tier Germans.

Stun really is extremely frustrating. I now have SPGs firing shells that have 900 HP average damage and I am directly hitting HTs for ZERO damage and a few seconds of stun. As my allies can't damage the HT either, the stun assist is wasted and the enemy HT rolls on. Ironically, I get more HP damage when the shell lands at the side. As a result, I am targetting meds, TDs, LTs (when possible) and playing counter-battery instead of taking down HTs with what was once the most-powerful guns in the game.

Good luck.

mpf1959 #37 Posted 01 August 2019 - 01:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27275 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I like german t3-9. I have tried every T10 and settled on the bc155-58.

Edited by mpf1959, 01 August 2019 - 01:33 PM.

Suurpolskija #38 Posted 01 August 2019 - 01:47 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22821 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

Equipment: Rammer + Egld + Vents if available, otherwise it's up to you. Spall liner, Binocs, Camo. 

Skills: Bia, 6th sense, Snapshot, Clutchbraking. 

It's pretty straight forward, anything to increase the accuracy and decrease aim time & reload speed. Also, arty benefits from the premium consumable a lot and I use them when I try to do harder missions, because I want all the benefit I can get to minimize the amount of games I have to play. 

uselessoldman #39 Posted 03 August 2019 - 01:49 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 34909 battles

From someone who plays a lot of arty

equipment - shell rammer, laying drive Net

Tech Trees

If you are aiming for tier 9/10 then German/Russian 

Ones to stay clear of, British ALL OF THEM above tier 7 absolute waste of time  

Others worth a mention US up to tier 9 - forget tier 10 its a joke

French yes fun but there tricky and take some getting used to but all are ok 

The best are tier 9s M53/M55 212a GW Tiger

you should get a better dmg score with these over tier 8s/10s

spamhamstar #40 Posted 03 August 2019 - 07:19 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 64313 battles
  • [WIKD] WIKD

View PostBpoHiPoBaHHbiJ, on 30 July 2019 - 06:11 PM, said:

i have a good sense of black jokes

:unsure: