WoT Streamer / Youtuber, WarGaming Community Contributor turns to history as a new format

history world war 2 tanks videos

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

SirHavocLIVE #1 Posted 30 July 2019 - 07:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Community Contributor
  • 17399 battles
  • [FILO] FILO

POSTS ABOUT HISTORY

My name if Pete, some of you that were around a few years back might remember me as Sir Havoc. I was a World of Tanks Community Contributor, I also founded World of Tanks University which was at one point one of the largest communities in the game with over 12 clans and a 1000 active members we had some fun times and made great memories and friends. I look back on my time with WoT with fond memories.

Family commitments made it harder and harder for me to stream and make content and I started to develop a new passion. Which happened to be one of the things that were responsible for me starting to play WoT in the first place.  A love for history, specifically World War 2.

Nowadays I am on a different path though, I am co-director of a Community Interest Company, which basically means we run like a business and behave like a charity.  

Online we write articles and make history videos, we have done well, we have over 90k followers on Facebook and a monthly reach over just over 2 million. Off-line we use the money we raise to deliver free children's history experiences inside and outside of schools.

The reason I am posting here today is that I guess many of you have an interest in general history and I thought I might share some of our content here and we could start some discussions regarding the subject matter.

Here are our links in case you would like to take a look:

www.thehistoryproject.co.uk

https://www.facebook.com/TheHistoryProject1/

https://www.youtube.com/thehistoryproject

https://www.instagram.com/theofficialhistoryproject/

I will be adding more posts as time goes on, it would be lovely to meet you guys.

SirHavocLIVE #2 Posted 31 July 2019 - 08:45 AM

Warrant Officer

• Community Contributor
  • 17399 battles
  • [FILO] FILO

THE PILOT WHO ACCIDENTLY CHANGED THE COURSE OF THE WAR

https://thehistoryproject.co.uk/posts.php?id=730

eekeeboo #3 Posted 31 July 2019 - 06:49 PM

EU Video Content Manager

• WG Staff
  • 46925 battles
Finding this out for the first time here! I look forward to seeing more and taking a deeper dive into what you're making! 

jack_timber #4 Posted 02 August 2019 - 03:32 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 39798 battles

I remember SirHavoc on YT it was rather good shame you gave it up.

GL with the history though.

SirHavocLIVE #5 Posted 02 August 2019 - 10:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Community Contributor
  • 17399 battles
  • [FILO] FILO

View Postjack_timber, on 02 August 2019 - 02:32 PM, said:

I remember SirHavoc on YT it was rather good shame you gave it up.

GL with the history though.

Thanks for your kind words, I had a great time doing WoT and loved meeting the guys and playing the games, I have two boys now too, one Frank is now 6 and FInn is two 2 they keep me on my toes, I am also training a puppy to do scent work so I can get her to sniff out truffles and gold and silver, well trying to anyways

21:16 Added after 7 minute

Ok so here for some more content, but before I do anyone who wants to check out our facebook please do, we have now a 100,000 Followers and a post reach of 1 million this week, we reached a major milestone with that so we are really chuffed but work so hard to get it.

History Project Facebook

Here is a little look at what we do with the Children, I love it, when we do Smuggling history I am shady Pete!!! lol    Click Here

This is an article about an American Warship that was hit by a Japanese torp and sank in shark-infested waters.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping on me thread and giving it some time, please tell your mates about it too!!

SirHavocLIVE #6 Posted 02 August 2019 - 10:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Community Contributor
  • 17399 battles
  • [FILO] FILO

View Posteekeeboo, on 31 July 2019 - 05:49 PM, said:

Finding this out for the first time here! I look forward to seeing more and taking a deeper dive into what you're making! 

Here are a few things to look at  Mini videos King Aethelberht and Queen Bertha 

The meaning behind Kent place names  

This is an interview we have done behind the scenes of a movie with Andy Robertshaw who worked with Steven Speilberg on WarHorse 

:)

SirHavocLIVE #7 Posted 05 August 2019 - 01:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Community Contributor
  • 17399 battles
  • [FILO] FILO

SirHavocLIVE #8 Posted 14 September 2019 - 05:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Community Contributor
  • 17399 battles
  • [FILO] FILO

Treasure Found