• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Lagalaza #1 Posted 31 July 2019 - 10:12 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7707 battles
  • [D-ANG] D-ANG

Hello again peeps...

I got the Dicker Max and the Kanonen 105 on rental with the Twitch thingy this month. Wanted to know what people think of the 105, especially those who have played it. I know the DickerMax is awesome and I already got an Ace Tanker in it. Great tank for it's tier.

But what of the 105? Please let me know your experiences before I spend yet more money on a shiny premium....... :):teethhappy:

Ceeb #2 Posted 31 July 2019 - 10:20 AM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 32409 battles

You have 14 days to make up your own mind...

If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #3 Posted 31 July 2019 - 10:25 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9660 battles

Gun fabby

Mobility truly awful except in a straight line

Giant pinata hit box when spotted, camo not that good curiously enough

I sold mine back, too frustrating

CDA105 vastly more fun and a better allrounder

That chinese wz120 is the toughest of the lot but the gun is a bit meh

If you're good with the Dicker then you should do well with it, both are fragile and need a cautious gameplay style

GL

Edited by If_I_Die_You_Die_Too, 31 July 2019 - 10:29 AM.

P33K #4 Posted 31 July 2019 - 10:56 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 26008 battles
Bought it from summer sales a bit earlier. It's really fun tank: gun, mobility and camo are excellent. As long you got space to manouver and/or terrain to use, paper armour doesn't matter.

You can swap flanks to be where you are needed, usually unspotted as well. Strike where you are not expected. One of the best and most fun premium tanks if you ask me. Makes credits too.

It needs decent crew though to get best out of it. And it can't brawl.

shikaka9 #5 Posted 31 July 2019 - 11:23 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 69357 battles
  • [BULL] BULL
DikerMax total trash ... was given to all for free (marathons) several times .. that is biggest confirmation of trash tank.

tajj7 #6 Posted 31 July 2019 - 11:39 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27757 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Have the rental, played about 4 games with it and decided its rather pointless compared to the flexibility/alpha of the Skorp G.

Camo is quite nice, you can get over 50% base and over 11% after firing so at longer ranges you won't get spotted but the biggest issue for me is the DPM is just too poor.

For a turretless TD only to be doing 390 alpha every 10s is just poor at tier 8, many game I was just missing on shots because the reload is so long. For such an inflexible platform with no turret and no armour, when you get farming opportunities or easy shot opportunities you should be able to shred people because that is all the tank is able to do, but you can't because the DPM is just bad. 

It makes no sense to me that the Skorp G has 400 more DPM, despite having a turret and 100 more alpha. 

The M4 Rev is a much better option, aside pen you have the same alpha, with almost the same reload, but with the flexibility of a turret, way better gun handling, more HP, view range, gun depression, a just way more versatile and comfortable package for a gun that is very similar just with less pen.

The best game I had with it was in a bad loss where I just kept falling back and taking shots from camo against people rushing to get end game damage so I racked up 4k damage (and would have been like over 5k if RNG had been kinder) which IMO shows the problem with it, it needs a slow paced game where people push into you and attack, plus the right map, to have a good game. But a lot of games are not like that, often you'll have fast wins where you can't push and be frontline or games where you need to go on the offensive, but.....

If you need to go on the offensive its awful. Low HP, no armour, no turret, no scary alpha, no HESH round to beef your alpha up, terrible gun handling on the move, it just can't do it. 

People with prime can obviously try it for themselves by unless you particularly like to camp bush passively and like turretless TDs (and the S1 is probably a better option anyway for this) I'd steer well clear. 

Edited by tajj7, 31 July 2019 - 11:41 AM.

vasilinhorulezz #7 Posted 31 July 2019 - 11:41 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26368 battles
Load the HE and farm their a***s.

Gremlin182 #8 Posted 31 July 2019 - 11:56 AM

General

• Player
  • 56129 battles

Its a great TD

No armour of course what it does have is speed good camouflage and a great gun.

On somewhere like Himlesdorf it might struggle maps just too small and has few places you can stay back ans snipe.

Open or just larger maps its fine, view range is 360 thats pretty standard these days some have 370 but the 400 of the Dickermax we can only dream of.

The French CDA is another excellent choice its top speed is lower but it has some armour so can pull off a bounce occasionally esp at long range.

Really comes down to what crew you want to train and the lines you are following.

I have both and like both.

Kanonen has the edge in penetration camo and speed and maneuverability, CDA has the edge in armour accuracy ROF and power to weight.

But its a narrow edge there isn't  much to choose between them.

https://tanks.gg/com...s-5~wz-120-1-ft

Oldewolfe #9 Posted 31 July 2019 - 12:01 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 521 battles

63% Camo in mine making it a Sneaky little Bugger...     Using my 4 Skill Skorpion G Crew it plays like my Skorpion G, like it was a Free Tank and Jinxed....     Playing with the Crew drom the Rental, it hit every Shot I Fired....      Only did it One Time though to Lock in a Crew.....

Dicker I like so far, Teams need more work than the Tank does....     Get a Reasonable Team and have a Good Game, get a Team of Paste Eaters and you can count on being in the Garage in nothin' Flat....      It has given me the Incenrltive to start my Borsig Grind with the 38T....

I like them both though, Despite the Frustration of a Full Aimed L7 Shot going to Who Knows Where....      But I expect that from the L7, it Shouldn't, but it does that one EVERY Tank in the Game....     7/1, Charioteer, Leopard, AMX30, they all seem to have the issue of Stray Shots and the First is nearly ALWAYS into the Dirt...       Sniping Guns that NEED to be Used Up Close, but this I don't Recommend in the Kanonen 105....

P33K #10 Posted 31 July 2019 - 12:43 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 26008 battles

View Posttajj7, on 31 July 2019 - 11:39 AM, said:

Have the rental, played about 4 games with it and decided its rather pointless compared to the flexibility/alpha of the Skorp G.

Camo is quite nice, you can get over 50% base and over 11% after firing so at longer ranges you won't get spotted but the biggest issue for me is the DPM is just too poor.

For a turretless TD only to be doing 390 alpha every 10s is just poor at tier 8, many game I was just missing on shots because the reload is so long. For such an inflexible platform with no turret and no armour, when you get farming opportunities or easy shot opportunities you should be able to shred people because that is all the tank is able to do, but you can't because the DPM is just bad. 

It makes no sense to me that the Skorp G has 400 more DPM, despite having a turret and 100 more alpha. 

The M4 Rev is a much better option, aside pen you have the same alpha, with almost the same reload, but with the flexibility of a turret, way better gun handling, more HP, view range, gun depression, a just way more versatile and comfortable package for a gun that is very similar just with less pen.

The best game I had with it was in a bad loss where I just kept falling back and taking shots from camo against people rushing to get end game damage so I racked up 4k damage (and would have been like over 5k if RNG had been kinder) which IMO shows the problem with it, it needs a slow paced game where people push into you and attack, plus the right map, to have a good game. But a lot of games are not like that, often you'll have fast wins where you can't push and be frontline or games where you need to go on the offensive, but.....

If you need to go on the offensive its awful. Low HP, no armour, no turret, no scary alpha, no HESH round to beef your alpha up, terrible gun handling on the move, it just can't do it. 

People with prime can obviously try it for themselves by unless you particularly like to camp bush passively and like turretless TDs (and the S1 is probably a better option anyway for this) I'd steer well clear. 

You can actually get the 105 camo 60+ stationary (got 63,65% myself) and 30+ on the move, so you can move more freely on enemy visual range as well. And you got better mobility and smaller profile than Skorpion too. Reload could be better, but it's still (0,62s for me with same setup) faster than Skorp, even while the dpm is worse. It also has better base pen, gold pen and has heat instead of apcr (range dont matter pen). Not that HESH instead of HE could have been nice.

If you are camping bush passively the whole game in 105, you are doing it wrong. It's definitely better in more active gameplay. But I think player of your skill level already knows this. :)

In the end, it's probably matter of playstyle. But I wouldn't call 105 bad. It really can dominate in more open environments as mobile ambusher/flanker. It's not as flexible in cities, but can do decently there as well as long you don't have to brawl.

TankkiPoju #11 Posted 31 July 2019 - 12:53 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22971 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

The bottom line IMHO is this: Is it a fun tank to grind credits with?

It's a turretless TD.

So probably not.

apdshead #12 Posted 31 July 2019 - 12:56 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 42777 battles
Wannabe E25

Rati_Festa #13 Posted 31 July 2019 - 01:03 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 49078 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Posttajj7, on 31 July 2019 - 11:39 AM, said:

The Kanj Panzer 105 only comes into its own in a losing game :) its alpha is low but I felt the accuracy wasn't great either consistently missing full aimed shots. It's just garbage.

It's horrible in half the maps due to lack of decent cover, the WV eat it alive if they use HE, lights also do. It's prone to arty due to large flat roof. We all know its really really really bad as you never ever see it in Frontline. If it can't compete against its own tier, its just useless in randoms. The rhm, jgpanther II are far better and they aren't great in current meta. It is probably the worst t8 TD or joint with the AT15... I own both the 105 and the original ( which is just as bad ). The really poor thing WG did was lower the HPs of the newer version, which just adds to its problems.

View PostP33K, on 31 July 2019 - 12:43 PM, said:

You can actually get the 105 camo 60+ stationary (got 63,65% myself) and 30+ on the move, so you can move more freely on enemy visual range as well. And you got better mobility and smaller profile than Skorpion too. Reload could be better, but it's still (0,62s for me with same setup) faster than Skorp, even while the dpm is worse. It also has better base pen, gold pen and has heat instead of apcr (range dont matter pen). Not that HESH instead of HE could have been nice.

If you are camping bush passively the whole game in 105, you are doing it wrong. It's definitely better in more active gameplay. But I think player of your skill level already knows this. :)

In the end, it's probably matter of playstyle. But I wouldn't call 105 bad. It really can dominate in more open environments as mobile ambusher/flanker. It's not as flexible in cities, but can do decently there as well as long you don't have to brawl.

It's horrible in cities, it has nothing to do with playstyle.... its junk. In open environments how is it dealing with Ebr75s, lt 432 and hwk 30's? they can all pen it frontally and in 75's and hwk30's case frontally with HE.

Balc0ra #14 Posted 31 July 2019 - 01:04 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 71481 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postshikaka9, on 31 July 2019 - 11:23 AM, said:

DikerMax total trash ... was given to all for free (marathons) several times .. that is biggest confirmation of trash tank.

Still... a tank you should not underestimate. The platform is terrible sure. But it still has pre-nerf TD view range and camo. It can get past 450 with optics and crew skills alone.

Dava_117 #15 Posted 31 July 2019 - 01:13 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22068 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I once get shot by one of those in my KV-2. I blindshot him for more than 1k HP. Nice trade! :trollface:

This sum up well the tank. 

P33K #16 Posted 31 July 2019 - 01:26 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 26008 battles

View PostRati_Festa, on 31 July 2019 - 01:03 PM, said:

The Kanj Panzer 105 only comes into its own in a losing game :) its alpha is low but I felt the accuracy wasn't great either consistently missing full aimed shots. It's just garbage.

It's horrible in half the maps due to lack of decent cover, the WV eat it alive if they use HE, lights also do. It's prone to arty due to large flat roof. We all know its really really really bad as you never ever see it in Frontline. If it can't compete against its own tier, its just useless in randoms. The rhm, jgpanther II are far better and they aren't great in current meta. It is probably the worst t8 TD or joint with the AT15... I own both the 105 and the original ( which is just as bad ). The really poor thing WG did was lower the HPs of the newer version, which just adds to its problems.

It's horrible in cities, it has nothing to do with playstyle.... its junk. In open environments how is it dealing with Ebr75s, lt 432 and hwk 30's? they can all pen it frontally and in 75's and hwk30's case frontally with HE.

Frankly, I haven't found EBR's that much of a problem with 105. They got poor view range so they are not that good at spotting it, and besides you got ca. 1500m/s shells to greet them with... but ofc you need to be cautious and aware of surroundings. As in any tank.

tajj7 #17 Posted 31 July 2019 - 02:04 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27757 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostP33K, on 31 July 2019 - 11:43 AM, said:

That camo is using a net, I don't use a camo net, its too passive. 

It's bad, it's terrible in active gameplay, no turret, no alpha, no ability to snapshot, no armour, the mobility is decent in a straight line but it turns like a bus. 

If you are going to play actively then its advantages over the Skorp are not used, you'll get spotted more often and then the Skorp is almost as mobile, has a turret, and has 490 alpha.  So the Skorp can peek corners and get side shots into distracted targets, basically play line a big alpha medium is able to, but the 105 has no chance of doing. 

APCR is a better gold round than HEAT anyway IMO, 311 APCR is a plus compared to 330 HEAT IMO as its a reliable round. 

As a long range sniper, which is its only real role and requires people to push into you its decent, but considering that a Maus can hide behind 1.0 bushes and not get spotted, camo in that situation becomes quite irrelevant meaning that Skorp G with its bigger alpha and better accuracy is as good anyway. 

Plus the S1 is a much superior bush camper and sniper.

Then in every other situation things like the Skorp G, Charioteer, SU-130PM, WZ-120-1Ft are much better and are more vesatile to deal with what the game throws at you.

It's a turretless TD, the successful turretless TDs in this game basically have alpha and armour, i.e T95, T110E3, Bobject etc. 

The only paper turretless TD I can think of that is decent is the E25 and that has limited MM, broken levels of camo that avoided global nerfs to TDs, insane DPM for its tier and light tank mobility, and even then on a lot of maps the E25 is pretty poor. 

The 105 has no armour, no turret, no alpha and its camo and mobility are good but not great.  Overall that is IMO a poor package. 

Lagalaza #18 Posted 31 July 2019 - 09:45 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7707 battles
  • [D-ANG] D-ANG

Thanks for all the feedback.

_6i6_ #19 Posted 31 July 2019 - 10:25 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17117 battles
  • [A__K] A__K

View PostLagalaza, on 31 July 2019 - 10:45 PM, said: