strongholds Ranked

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

demon_tank #21 Posted 31 July 2019 - 07:09 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26589 battles
  • [RED_S] RED_S

Maybe WG needs to ban all the cw and mission reward tanks from all modes so their owners can only watch them inside the garage. 

No ?

:hiding:

24doom24 #22 Posted 31 July 2019 - 09:08 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8241 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

View PostCobra6, on 31 July 2019 - 02:37 PM, said:

Well, if they are truly problematic, nerf them to acceptable levels instead of banning them from competitive modes.

We already have had T6 and T8 clan wars ruined by broken/overpowered premium tanks outperforming free tanks (so the mode is literally pay-2-win now at those tiers).

Cobra 6

They aren't going to nerf them because all the angry CW players would start complaining. 

Edited by 24doom24, 01 August 2019 - 12:41 PM.

shane73tank #23 Posted 31 July 2019 - 11:33 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 32328 battles
It’s funny that a clan representing the whole region will battle another clan for the top of the pile but won’t be able to use the tanks that they would use in standard CW games - Edited.

Edited by Asklepi0s, 01 August 2019 - 09:33 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Long_Range_Sniper #24 Posted 01 August 2019 - 09:09 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37247 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

The reason I said that we'd go on as before even with S Conq's, 140's, 5A's and 277's is that I don't think the outcomes will change that much. Skill and FC'ing will allow the better teams to still rise to the top.

Maybe the issue is more in the middle of clans, where some clans don't have enough reward tanks and come up against other clans of a similar ELO who have quite a few. At the top and bottom it's reward vs reward, and tech tree vs tech tree.

I honestly wouldn't have a problem with it if WG decided to do it, and maybe it would encourage more clan membership. Which would be good for the game overall.

What they DO need to do is remove the MM from SH. This mode is meant to be randoms for team play. Any clan who gets decent tech tree tanks with decent players will still come a cropper here unless they get the chance to learn, but also perform against the full spread of clans.

Edited by Long_Range_Sniper, 01 August 2019 - 09:10 AM.

Dragos_CS #25 Posted 01 August 2019 - 09:34 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 22056 battles
  • [LGEND] LGEND

If you really think banning reward tanks from CW will change anything you are kidding yourself. Yeah the entry bar will be lowered, but at this point most serious players have at least 2/4 of the reward tanks. You will still lose and win as much as you did before. It wasnt the evil chieftains stopping you from winning.

I for one would be very happy to not have to shoot at all the ebola armor on 907/279/chieftain. Plus, i have all the relevant vehicles already.

Overall, its probably good for CW. Fixes the entry bar issue, makes it more pallatable for both viewers and players who dont have the tanks, while keeping the tanks as "carrots on a stick" to drive people to play CW/grind mission campaigns so they can stomp with them in randoms.

Schepel #26 Posted 01 August 2019 - 10:25 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 65198 battles
Just properly balance the dang tanks. How hard can it be? Oh, wait. :/

pecopad #27 Posted 01 August 2019 - 11:42 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 28841 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

View Postdemon_tank, on 31 July 2019 - 07:09 PM, said:

Maybe WG needs to ban all the cw and mission reward tanks from all modes so their owners can only watch them inside the garage. 

No ?

:hiding:

I do not think the complains are about mission reward tanks, very few people have problems with that.

I also have no problems with CW reward tanks, providing they are used in Clan Wars. If a tank is exclusive to a game mode, CW, FL and Ranked for example they should only be played in them.

Leave Randoms alone, we already have enough problems with marathons for OP tanks like the FL, T 44-85M  and the Progetto.

Edited by pecopad, 01 August 2019 - 11:43 AM.

WhoCares01 #28 Posted 01 August 2019 - 12:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20283 battles

They could just apply a rule of no two same tanks => 15 different tanks. Maybe softening it a little, max. 2 or 3 pairs, rest different.

Or a 1x use per match per player => different tanks or different players on the same tank

Those CW players that put their bond equipment on those now excluded tanks will also cheer :harp:

Edited by WhoCares01, 01 August 2019 - 02:22 PM.

Dragos_CS #29 Posted 01 August 2019 - 01:08 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22056 battles
  • [LGEND] LGEND

Good point above.

Reward tanks are the most popular to put improved equipment on. Should they be excluded from competitive modes, removing said equipment should be available for free as a one time thing.

Laatikkomafia #30 Posted 01 August 2019 - 01:56 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 23265 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Would be quite nice if WG allowed the CW reward tanks to only be used in CW, instead of randoms :P

7thSyndicate #31 Posted 01 August 2019 - 03:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46917 battles
Thats how it sould be, so clans can fight in equal terms.. imho

arthurwellsley #32 Posted 01 August 2019 - 03:57 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 54060 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 01 August 2019 - 08:09 AM, said:

The reason I said that we'd go on as before even with S Conq's, 140's, 5A's and 277's is that I don't think the outcomes will change that much. Skill and FC'ing will allow the better teams to still rise to the top.

Maybe the issue is more in the middle of clans, where some clans don't have enough reward tanks and come up against other clans of a similar ELO who have quite a few. At the top and bottom it's reward vs reward, and tech tree vs tech tree.

I honestly wouldn't have a problem with it if WG decided to do it, and maybe it would encourage more clan membership. Which would be good for the game overall.

Again I find myself agreeing with LRS

View PostDragos_CS, on 01 August 2019 - 08:34 AM, said:

If you really think banning reward tanks from CW will change anything you are kidding yourself. Yeah the entry bar will be lowered, but at this point most serious players have at least 2/4 of the reward tanks. You will still lose and win as much as you did before. It wasnt the evil chieftains stopping you from winning.

I for one would be very happy to not have to shoot at all the ebola armor on 907/279/chieftain. Plus, i have all the relevant vehicles already.

Overall, its probably good for CW. Fixes the entry bar issue, makes it more pallatable for both viewers and players who dont have the tanks, while keeping the tanks as "carrots on a stick" to drive people to play CW/grind mission campaigns so they can stomp with them in randoms.

Dragos I disagree with part of what you said. Your comment "at this point most serious players have at least 2/4 of the reward tanks" is not sustainable on the statistics. What you actually mean is the 1,500 or so top players like me etc.

I looked at =http://wot-news.com/...rver/eu/norm/en

for the statistics (caution third party website so might not be completely accurate).

That tells me on EU there are 8,379 T95/FV4201 Chieftains on the server. As against there are 132,412 SuperConquerors on the server.

There are 30,896 Object 260 personal mission reward tanks. As against 106,163 Object 277 tech tree tanks.

There are 1,422 Object 279e personal mission reward tanks. As against 76,997 WZ111 5A tech tree tanks.(Accepted this is not a straight comparison, but you get the idea).

For the top 100 clans nothing much will change via the new rule as with or without reward tanks in CW they will still be there or there abouts in the top 100.

For the bottom few hundred clans who have no reward tanks in any of their teams nothing will change via the new rule.

But as LRS points out for the mid-ranking clans where they try to get 10-30 players into the top 8,000 places the new rule will have a profound impact.

In those teams where reward tanks are hard to find and hard to come by the team that has three up against the team who has five are likely to start at a disadvantage. They might overcome that disadvantage via a better FC, better team play, or more familiarity with the map. But make no mistake in the last campaign such a match up meant the team with fewer reward tanks was beginning the match pushing a stone up a hill rather than having it balanced on the top from the beginning. The new rule of no reward tanks in CW evens out the odds for the middle ranking teams.

Plus I agree with your final comment = "Overall, its probably good for CW. Fixes the entry bar issue, makes it more pallatable for both viewers and players who dont have the tanks, while keeping the tanks as "carrots on a stick" to drive people to play CW/grind mission campaigns so they can stomp with them in randoms."

Long_Range_Sniper #33 Posted 01 August 2019 - 04:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37247 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postarthurwellsley, on 01 August 2019 - 02:57 PM, said:

They might overcome that disadvantage via a better FC, better team play, or more familiarity with the map.

Like taking not taking arty on Prok against a bot team who were never going to YOLO...............:B.

But if you remember that Fisherman's Bay game against RGT where you had your few Chieftains in the centre, and kept your 140's and your heads you won. I don't think it was reward tanks that changed either of the two games where BC met RGT. It was FC decisions before and during the game.

One also must remember the decisions clan officers made during the campaign in relation to investing clan fame points and picking your battles.

We managed to put some third teams out in the campaign who did very well in tech tree tanks, so I'm not fully convinced they're the tipping point many people feel.

However what I do fully acknowledge is that the perception that they are is sufficient, and if players have invested many hours to try and earn a tank but don't they need to feel that it's at least attainable. If all they feel is it getting farther and farther away that's not good for the game.

A CW tank and the camo is still a worthy carrot to dangle even if you couldn't use it in CW, but if it would help more players play CW then I'd happily take my Super Conq instead.

What WG really need to fix is team play in between campaigns though. They've removed team battles and caused earthquakes in DingerLand. They need to make SH more like randoms IMHO.

arthurwellsley #34 Posted 01 August 2019 - 04:45 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 54060 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 01 August 2019 - 03:29 PM, said:

Like taking not taking arty on Prok against a bot team who were never going to YOLO...............:B.

But if you remember that Fisherman's Bay game against RGT where you had your few Chieftains in the centre, and kept your 140's and your heads you won. I don't think it was reward tanks that changed either of the two games where BC met RGT. It was FC decisions before and during the game.

One also must remember the decisions clan officers made during the campaign in relation to investing clan fame points and picking your battles. Very true. BC have good FC's but made poor strategic choices on investing clan points and picking battles which cost us.

We managed to put some third teams out in the campaign who did very well in tech tree tanks, so I'm not fully convinced they're the tipping point many people feel. RGT must have a very good third team then BC not so much.

However what I do fully acknowledge is that the perception that they are is sufficient, and if players have invested many hours to try and earn a tank but don't they need to feel that it's at least attainable. If all they feel is it getting farther and farther away that's not good for the game. This is a point we both agree on. The new rule of no reward tanks is a good move by WG.

A CW tank and the camo is still a worthy carrot to dangle even if you couldn't use it in CW, but if it would help more players play CW then I'd happily take my Super Conq instead.  Agreed. There is also the issue of making CW more profitable outside of campaigns as an incentive to play more and reward clan loyalty.

What WG really need to fix is team play in between campaigns though. They've removed team battles and caused earthquakes in DingerLand. They need to make SH more like randoms IMHO.  This is a whole different subject from "no reward tanks in CW" rule. If Advance is a thing and separate from SH then it has to have mm according to clan elo. But if there are no Team Battles then there is a greater argument for SH being non-elo mm. I really think WG missed a trick by abolishing Team Battles and I hope that they are refreshing the mode and will bring it back. Making it tier VII or IX would be interesting.

Edited by arthurwellsley, 01 August 2019 - 04:46 PM.

Revener #35 Posted 01 August 2019 - 07:32 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 39254 battles
  • [SWEEC] SWEEC
We need more tank lock so it is actually worth it to have more than a few Tier10.
Also makes for more dynamic matches and more difference in tactics. = more fun.

Btw...  the players and commanders make more differnce than any special tank.

Edited by Revener, 01 August 2019 - 07:34 PM.

WhoCares01 #36 Posted 02 August 2019 - 12:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20283 battles
Well, looks like in the next CW starting 12th of August, no such rule is applied.

Also tagged with strongholds, Ranked

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users