cpu worplay heatsink

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

samuelx43a #1 Posted 01 August 2019 - 08:45 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25981 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

So, earlier this week I thought it would be a good idea to clean up my computer a bit, since it was covered in dust.

Well, My cooler fan for the CPU, happened to be missing a couple screws, so I was going to take it off anyway to clean it, but the result was...

that all the screws were broken, lol. In this, my dad managed to find and order in the next day a new stock fan cooler.

Installed this a couple days ago...

and man alive the difference. I'll put this into perspective. Usually in my games here, I would get 30-60 (depending on map) FPS and marginally a bit more than that in my arty sessions. When I first logged in with the new cooler, started a game in the sturmmpanzer II and went into malinovka, it went up to a whopping 122 fps. I did not know that the performance was that huge! on tanks it went down to only 70-90 fps, so a much better improvement to my per usual 40 avg

I'm real glad that I checked this, and remember to check your equipment often!

my PC potato build for the lols:

CPU: i3 i4130 @3.4GHz

Motherboard: ASRock H87pro4

RAM: x4 4GB ram DDR3

GPU: GTX 750ti

HDD: 1TB

SSD: samsung 250GB SATA

jack_timber #2 Posted 01 August 2019 - 09:45 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 39098 battles

That's an impressive jump in FPS, well done.

Surprisingly many 'others' don't clean out fans, heatsinks etc then complain, usually here, that their PC is now running sluggish and expecting WG to fix it!

BravelyRanAway #3 Posted 01 August 2019 - 10:17 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24202 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Postjack_timber, on 01 August 2019 - 08:45 AM, said:

That's an impressive jump in FPS, well done.

Surprisingly many 'others' don't clean out fans, heatsinks etc then complain, usually here, that their PC is now running sluggish and expecting WG to fix it!

Many never even take the covers off their desktop PC's to have a look and see if there's a dust build up. Everyone should check every two-three months or so and blow out the dust with a 'can of air' which can be bought in most bargain/discount shops for a little as €1.50.

One great idea I learned on this forum was that if you have a desktop PC was not to let it sit directly on the floor. The fan of the PCU is usually at the base of the computer and can act like a vacuum cleaner sucking hair, fluff and dust up into the casing. My old computer suffered greatly from fluff and dirt inside the casing covering heatsinks, fans, etc.

To avoid this sit the PC at least two inches(50mm) off the floor.

I did this buy making  timber base just the size of the base dimensions of my PC and cutting a hole in the timber directly below the fan. The fan doesn't have the power to lift hair and dirt to bridge the two inch gap, resulting in my PC always being very clean inside now, with no hair or fluff, just a very very light amount of dust which is easily blown out with a can of air.

Edited by BravelyRanAway, 01 August 2019 - 10:18 AM.

Zmago5000 #4 Posted 01 August 2019 - 12:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10911 battles

According to my experience I would agree that CPU temps have huge impact on overall performance of  this game,...when my temps dropped from 90--> 65 the game runs smothly and on higher graphic settings with no problem...

But even more important is the graphic card, because the graphics is the one that suffers the most....graphic card 1060 with 3/6 GB  RAM is prob. sufficient , even better  is 1070 with  4/6 RAM ...it runs considerably better now with 1060 / 3 RAM  than with older Nvidia with  just 1 GB RAM...

As FPS ,..I think that this game isnt so demanding,..so everything above 60 FPS you probably wont notice a difference anyways....

What bothers me the most lately,  is that game freezes for no apparent reason?! Before the latest pathes this didnt accur not even once, now its happening regulary...which leads me to a thought that there actualy are some bugs in the game...and WG should concentrate to fix this,...

_SpartanWarrior_ #5 Posted 01 August 2019 - 07:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 35761 battles
  • [BLOJ] BLOJ
its fine,but consider getting an i5 2500 or i7 2600 since your CPU is aging a little in 2019,its just a dual core,just like GTX 750Ti,consider buying a 4gb VRAM GPU,my recommendations are GTX 1050 Ti,1060 or AMD RX580 :)

SiliconSidewinder #6 Posted 01 August 2019 - 08:26 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 28885 battles
replacing the cooling paste if heat issues persist can also rejuvanate your pc

rsanders5 #7 Posted 01 August 2019 - 08:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28407 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 01 August 2019 - 09:17 AM, said:

Many never even take the covers off their desktop PC's to have a look and see if there's a dust build up. Everyone should check every two-three months or so and blow out the dust with a 'can of air' which can be bought in most bargain/discount shops for a little as €1.50.

One great idea I learned on this forum was that if you have a desktop PC was not to let it sit directly on the floor. The fan of the PCU is usually at the base of the computer and can act like a vacuum cleaner sucking hair, fluff and dust up into the casing. My old computer suffered greatly from fluff and dirt inside the casing covering heatsinks, fans, etc.

To avoid this sit the PC at least two inches(50mm) off the floor.

I did this buy making  timber base just the size of the base dimensions of my PC and cutting a hole in the timber directly below the fan. The fan doesn't have the power to lift hair and dirt to bridge the two inch gap, resulting in my PC always being very clean inside now, with no hair or fluff, just a very very light amount of dust which is easily blown out with a can of air.

My solution was to make a frame from scrap wood I had in the

shed, & mount it on small wheels. Lifts the tower off the floor, &

makes it easier to move for cleaning.

Also tagged with cpu, worplay, heatsink

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users