Hit and Run With The Lansen C & Lorraine 40 t

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

RedJester #21 Posted 03 August 2019 - 09:50 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18444 battles

View PostGremlin182, on 02 August 2019 - 10:16 PM, said:

True enough you can get a rather nice bottle of single malt Macallan for about the same price as a premium tank.

The 18 year old is pure nectar but that's over £350.

Never added up the total amount I have spent on the game but its a whole lot less than I paid for my cable over the same period.

30 something tier 8 premiums bought and I think 7 won

lol,  I don't really want to know what i've spent.  I know that the first sixth months I was free to play player, and as soon as I got a premium account everything improved and became way easier. Then, I started buying the odd tank, and ... slowly but surely more and more of my money has sunk into the black hole of WoT! 

Gremlin182 #22 Posted 03 August 2019 - 10:12 AM

General

• Player
  • 57844 battles

View PostRedJester, on 03 August 2019 - 09:50 AM, said:

lol,  I don't really want to know what i've spent.  I know that the first sixth months I was free to play player, and as soon as I got a premium account everything improved and became way easier. Then, I started buying the odd tank, and ... slowly but surely more and more of my money has sunk into the black hole of WoT! 

Same here I finally lost it at Christmas I bought some loot boxes just a few to see what I got then bought a few more.

Then said oh well its Christmas and bought a fairly stupid amount. maybe £80 in all.

Well I got some minor tanks I didn't have and then a defender which was great and that would have set me back almost half what I spent on the boxes.

Several million credits "big deal"

17,000 gold ok that's my gold needs for a year or more.

a lot of premium time and some other bits and pieces..

When my birthday came round I had a 20% off coupon I could spend on anything so got a years premium.

9 years ago one of my online gaming buddies died, 3 years ago another one passed and this Jan a third one.

They were all younger than me.

I am 69 I really don't care what I spend on the game I might not be here tomorrow so might as well party while I can.

RedJester #23 Posted 03 August 2019 - 10:35 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18444 battles

View PostGremlin182, on 03 August 2019 - 09:12 AM, said:

Same here I finally lost it at Christmas I bought some loot boxes just a few to see what I got then bought a few more.

Then said oh well its Christmas and bought a fairly stupid amount. maybe £80 in all.

Well I got some minor tanks I didn't have and then a defender which was great and that would have set me back almost half what I spent on the boxes.

Several million credits "big deal"

17,000 gold ok that's my gold needs for a year or more.

a lot of premium time and some other bits and pieces..

When my birthday came round I had a 20% off coupon I could spend on anything so got a years premium.

9 years ago one of my online gaming buddies died, 3 years ago another one passed and this Jan a third one.

They were all younger than me.

I am 69 I really don't care what I spend on the game I might not be here tomorrow so might as well party while I can.

Well, I used to play a little golf, and I can tell you it's even more frustrating and expensive than WoT! :D   

I can't complain about the Xmas boxes because I got very, very lucky.  I bought one of the big ones, my first ever, since i've only been playing since Dec 2017 and I won the Skorpion G, Defender, IS3a, E25, and some of the lesser tanks. I think i won 4 lefhs and so loads of gold compensation, premium time etc. I know I was probably a minority but it was certainly a nice Xmas surprise for me. Sorry about your friends passing. I lost a couple of family members in recent years. Time flies too soon and death is like some kind of sick joke on us all...such a waste, plain and simple imo.  I hope I can still be enjoying gaming at 69. Fair play to you! 

Edited by RedJester, 03 August 2019 - 10:37 AM.

AzoreanOutkast #24 Posted 04 August 2019 - 11:56 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11011 battles

Well i got the Larsen C with that weird viking set...

I wasnt gonna spend this kinda money on the game so soon, since i havent been playing that much lately since im envolved in another game of another genre and been spending most free time on that one.

But the "bug" caught me and i was compeled to buy it and im happy, i only made 4 battles so far in it, all tier 8 matches wich is "weird", 1 win and 3 losses, but was enough to see that it is what i expected, gun wise is a bit like my favourite tank the T-34-3, but it moves! Oh how it moves, feels like a LT until u hit the top speed and u cant go faster, but can move, sure it doesnt have armour, its swedish so im acostumed to it and that is my favourite tech tree branch of all of them so far, but to be fair, any tank from tier 8 as soon as it meets tier 9 and 10, basically its like it hasnt armor anyway so im good with that.

The lorraine i have it since last year and love it, even doe i havent used it that much, but its a performer and a beautiful pratical model.

I just wish this prices could be better than they are, but i dont consider i got a bad deal. 

Lemmingtrain #25 Posted 05 August 2019 - 03:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1924 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBSHDBCG, on 02 August 2019 - 06:42 AM, said:

Now they just need to release the KV-2R without the skin as well. :playing:

You can buy it and change the skin in the garage. 

Codename_Jelly #26 Posted 05 August 2019 - 03:31 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 17691 battles

PUT

THESE

IN

THE

DAMN

TECH

TREE

parim1331 #27 Posted 05 August 2019 - 04:48 PM

Polish Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 7383 battles

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 02 August 2019 - 11:33 AM, said:

Already got them.

How do you like the tanks?

Jumping_Turtle #28 Posted 05 August 2019 - 05:01 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 69324 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View Postparim1331, on 05 August 2019 - 04:48 PM, said:

How do you like the tanks?

imho:

Lorrain is probably after the Progetto the best tier 8 medium.

I wasnt that sure about the Lancen though and kinda bought it for the Viking look, since we are a Viking based clan. But found it surprisingly good. The alpha damage is a huge plus and I loved taking it out in Teambattles were it worked pretty good. Too bad they are getting removed though. But when playing a bit carefull they are both on the good side of the tier 8 mediums, where a lot arent.

VigorTakeda #29 Posted 05 August 2019 - 11:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 34425 battles
  • [_OSE_] _OSE_

Have Lorr and really need some time for learn how to play with him but he is a great tank.. Recommended ! No Progetto have chance if you know how to play.. 4 shoots and ram kill Progetto :sceptic: yes, ram with Lorr because  you are big, heavy and fast. 

parim1331 #30 Posted 06 August 2019 - 03:31 PM

Polish Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 7383 battles

View PostBennyboymothman, on 02 August 2019 - 12:30 PM, said:

I'm interested in having them.

Haven't had a chance to play with Lorr, but I have been told it's quite versatile due to it's speed, and good dmg output. No for Lansen, this is the tank that I tend to start my play time with, decent mobility and okay-ish DPM, although the aiming time and accuracy could be better

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 05 August 2019 - 05:01 PM, said:

imho:

Lorrain is probably after the Progetto the best tier 8 medium.

I wasnt that sure about the Lancen though and kinda bought it for the Viking look, since we are a Viking based clan. But found it surprisingly good. The alpha damage is a huge plus and I loved taking it out in Teambattles were it worked pretty good. Too bad they are getting removed though. But when playing a bit carefull they are both on the good side of the tier 8 mediums, where a lot arent.

Thank you for your feedback. I can agree that cautious gameplay should be the way to go with these tanks as they are easily penetrated by pretty much every other tanks on their Tier.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users