Jump to content


Top of the Tree question...


  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

DETOBOY #1 Posted 02 August 2019 - 08:02 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 3390 battles
  • 27
  • Member since:
    04-30-2017

Why we cant have SPG aka arty in TotT ?

Its a pain to grind arty line so it will really help to have arty in TotT .

We cant do missions without arty, grind is hard , battles are sometimes more than boooring , rng for arty is brutal....

Well please consider arty for TotT soon, nevermind which country(russian obj 261 will be nice:) ;).

Thx.

 

 



jack_timber #2 Posted 02 August 2019 - 08:06 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 39272 battles
  • 3,115
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014

This isn't going to go down well with some forumites....

Don't know why I quite like playing arty :) and yes why not ToT.



splash_time #3 Posted 02 August 2019 - 08:07 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 12086 battles
  • 142
  • Member since:
    02-20-2018

Arty grinding isn't hard, all you have to do is to drink tea, sit in a circor, and shot someone after every 30-40 seconds.

And RNG isn't that bad, just let your aim circle become as small as possible and you'll enjoy playing arty.


Edited by splash_time, 02 August 2019 - 08:08 AM.


arthurwellsley #4 Posted 02 August 2019 - 08:07 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 54054 battles
  • 4,016
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View PostDETOBOY, on 02 August 2019 - 07:02 AM, said:

Why we cant have SPG aka arty in TotT ?

Its a pain to grind arty line so it will really help to have arty in TotT .

We cant do missions without arty, grind is hard , battles are sometimes more than boooring , rng for arty is brutal....

Well please consider arty for TotT soon, nevermind which country(russian obj 261 will be nice:) ;).

Thx.

If you had not already noticed SPGs are the most disliked class ingame and those who play them are generally despised by the remaining player base.

As a consequence of the general clamour that used to occur whenever SPGs were ToTT WG made a decision to remove them from the rota.

One suspects given the number of anti-SPG threads that spew onto the forum with regularity and then get locked, WG is highly unlikely to change that policy decision.

I therefore doubt your plea will be answered.

You could of course make a poll asking the question "Should the SPG class be put back into the rota so that occassionally each year one of them is ToTT", but I am assuming the response would be pretty mixed to such a poll.



WhoCares01 #5 Posted 02 August 2019 - 08:09 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 19531 battles
  • 650
  • Member since:
    04-21-2015

Flooding the MM with more fartys, to have a whole month 3-farty battles again and again?

Sure....



8126Jakobsson #6 Posted 02 August 2019 - 08:09 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 77234 battles
  • 4,781
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014
We have had arty in top of the tree before though, right? 

splash_time #7 Posted 02 August 2019 - 08:11 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 12086 battles
  • 142
  • Member since:
    02-20-2018

View Postarthurwellsley, on 02 August 2019 - 08:07 AM, said:

If you had not already noticed SPGs are the most disliked class ingame and those who play them are generally despised by the remaining player base.

As a consequence of the general clamour that used to occur whenever SPGs were ToTT WG made a decision to remove them from the rota.

One suspects given the number of anti-SPG threads that spew onto the forum with regularity and then get locked, WG is highly unlikely to change that policy decision.

I therefore doubt your plea will be answered.

You could of course make a poll asking the question "Should the SPG class be put back into the rota so that occassionally each year one of them is ToTT", but I am assuming the response would be pretty mixed to such a poll.

 

And even SPG team kill increased, i don't like playing artys, but i play just and just for campaign missions and the credits.



DETOBOY #8 Posted 02 August 2019 - 08:25 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 3390 battles
  • 27
  • Member since:
    04-30-2017

View Postarthurwellsley, on 02 August 2019 - 08:07 AM, said:

If you had not already noticed SPGs are the most disliked class ingame and those who play them are generally despised by the remaining player base.

As a consequence of the general clamour that used to occur whenever SPGs were ToTT WG made a decision to remove them from the rota.

One suspects given the number of anti-SPG threads that spew onto the forum with regularity and then get locked, WG is highly unlikely to change that policy decision.

I therefore doubt your plea will be answered.

You could of course make a poll asking the question "Should the SPG class be put back into the rota so that occassionally each year one of them is ToTT", but I am assuming the response would be pretty mixed to such a poll.

I understand that...

But i also understand that i need arty for missions and campaigns.

I do small amounts of xp per battle with arty, sometimes 0 dmg ,most time mediocre dmg ....so its hard grind for me....

With HT i do nice xp per battle when grinding but with arty ,most of time is poor xp..

I also get always hit with arty when playing heavys,stun after stun...but is game content...its ok for me....

 



BSHDBCG #9 Posted 02 August 2019 - 08:29 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6062 battles
  • 884
  • Member since:
    04-20-2015

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 02 August 2019 - 08:09 AM, said:

We have had arty in top of the tree before though, right? 

 

Yeah and each time the games had 4-5 arties in them for the first half of the month and then 2-3 in each game the last half of the month.



SuNo_TeSLa #10 Posted 02 August 2019 - 08:34 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 45877 battles
  • 425
  • [SWEPH] SWEPH
  • Member since:
    07-07-2013

View PostDETOBOY, on 02 August 2019 - 08:25 AM, said:

I understand that...

But i also understand that i need arty for missions and campaigns.

I do small amounts of xp per battle with arty, sometimes 0 dmg ,most time mediocre dmg ....so its hard grind for me....

With HT i do nice xp per battle when grinding but with arty ,most of time is poor xp..

I also get always hit with arty when playing heavys,stun after stun...but is game content...its ok for me....

 

You don't need arty for missions, just do them "with honors" (how suitable isn't that?)



eekeeboo #11 Posted 02 August 2019 - 08:42 AM

    EU Video Content Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 46914 battles
  • 2,435
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010

Artillery top of the tree would always be considered a good way to set community platforms on fire for feedback, combined with a lack of premium tier tanks for artillery to continue the scope of rentals and the idea of crew training etc. 

 

The idea is that people who will want to grind artillery will do so without the need to incentivize it, combined with the role artillery currently plays. 



HaZardeur #12 Posted 02 August 2019 - 08:45 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 36359 battles
  • 1,570
  • Member since:
    08-14-2010

View Posteekeeboo, on 02 August 2019 - 08:42 AM, said:

Artillery top of the tree would always be considered a good way to set community platforms on fire for feedback,

 

and you already accomplish that with all kinds of other stuff ;) 



PowJay #13 Posted 02 August 2019 - 08:51 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 39304 battles
  • 5,234
  • Member since:
    09-07-2012

View PostSuNo_TeSLa, on 02 August 2019 - 07:34 AM, said:

You don't need arty for missions, just do them "with honors" (how suitable isn't that?)

Yeah, but the 60 SPG missions for the first campaign are the only ones I've done all of. I'm currently working on doing them with Honours to get those I can't do. And yes, I know that you only need to do "15".



DETOBOY #14 Posted 02 August 2019 - 08:59 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 3390 battles
  • 27
  • Member since:
    04-30-2017

View Posteekeeboo, on 02 August 2019 - 08:42 AM, said:

Artillery top of the tree would always be considered a good way to set community platforms on fire for feedback, combined with a lack of premium tier tanks for artillery to continue the scope of rentals and the idea of crew training etc. 

 

The idea is that people who will want to grind artillery will do so without the need to incentivize it, combined with the role artillery currently plays. 

Ok , i think i get it... 

 

""The idea is that people who will want to grind artillery will do so without the need to incentivize it, combined with the role artillery currently plays.""

 

Didnt know that...but i accepted that now.

Thx for explaining.

 

 


Edited by DETOBOY, 02 August 2019 - 09:05 AM.


Dragokar #15 Posted 02 August 2019 - 08:59 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Beta Tester
  • 40439 battles
  • 3,340
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    07-12-2010

View Posteekeeboo, on 02 August 2019 - 08:42 AM, said:

Artillery top of the tree would always be considered a good way to set community platforms on fire for feedback, combined with a lack of premium tier tanks for artillery to continue the scope of rentals and the idea of crew training etc. 

 

The idea is that people who will want to grind artillery will do so without the need to incentivize it, combined with the role artillery currently plays. 

 

Well just give us a T8 premium spg :)



jack_timber #16 Posted 02 August 2019 - 09:29 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 39272 battles
  • 3,115
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014

View Posteekeeboo, on 02 August 2019 - 07:42 AM, said:

Artillery top of the tree would always be considered a good way to set community platforms on fire for feedback, combined with a lack of premium tier tanks for artillery to continue the scope of rentals and the idea of crew training etc. 

 

The idea is that people who will want to grind artillery will do so without the need to incentivize it, combined with the role artillery currently plays. 

Aw eek disappointed...:)

It's always good to set the forum on fire re arty...



HaZardeur #17 Posted 02 August 2019 - 09:35 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 36359 battles
  • 1,570
  • Member since:
    08-14-2010

View PostDragokar, on 02 August 2019 - 08:59 AM, said:

 

Well just give us a T8 premium spg :)

 

WG forums:

 



Kozzy #18 Posted 02 August 2019 - 09:38 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 42080 battles
  • 3,182
  • [RINSE] RINSE
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011

View Posteekeeboo, on 02 August 2019 - 07:42 AM, said:

Artillery top of the tree would always be considered a good way to set community platforms on fire for feedback, combined with a lack of premium tier tanks for artillery to continue the scope of rentals and the idea of crew training etc. 

 

The idea is that people who will want to grind artillery will do so without the need to incentivize it, combined with the role artillery currently plays. 

 

So, WG themselves understand the hugely divisiveness of the class. Are there any further plans to reduce their negative impact on gameplay as there have been in the past?



r00barb #19 Posted 02 August 2019 - 10:19 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 27533 battles
  • 11,096
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostKozzy, on 02 August 2019 - 08:38 AM, said:

So, WG themselves understand the hugely divisiveness of the class. Are there any further plans to reduce their negative impact on gameplay as there have been in the past?

 

One of the features of the arty class that's often forgotten is that it provides a focus for complaints. Remove it or reduce its impact further and we'll see an increase in complaints about big-alpha TDs, bush mechanics and spotting, "unfair" bounces, RNG and whatever else someone wants to blame for their having a bad game.



Kozzy #20 Posted 02 August 2019 - 10:25 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 42080 battles
  • 3,182
  • [RINSE] RINSE
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011

View Postr00barb, on 02 August 2019 - 09:19 AM, said:

 

One of the features of the arty class that's often forgotten is that it provides a focus for complaints. Remove it or reduce its impact further and we'll see an increase in complaints about big-alpha TDs, bush mechanics and spotting, "unfair" bounces, RNG and whatever else someone wants to blame for their having a bad game.

 

I do like your thinking here, that SPGs act as some sort of whine/rage blackhole but TBH, I would quite happily put up with <48%ers whining about something non-whineworthy if it meant I no longer had to play games where everyone is trying to be arty-safe and stiffing dynamic gameplay...






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users