Pushing punishment

grieving pushing ally team ramming toxic community punishment ban

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

jroland #1 Posted 02 August 2019 - 10:42 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1202 battles

Ever since I started playing this game it's caused me nothing but frustration. Most of it doesn't even have anything to do with game mechanics. It's the community.

This game has the single most toxic, unfriendly, a**hole community I have ever seen in any game ever. People are uncooperative, don't communicate, and those that do usually never write a sentence without at least using the word "noob" once in it.

The thing that made me write this post is - just a few moments ago I was pushed out of cover by a medium tank so he could stand behind it. This kind of team behavior is the thing that has pushed me away from this game a few times already, and IMHO WG aren't flailing the ban hammer enough.

Until the punishments for team grieving are made harsher and Wargaming actually bans someone for doing things like this, I don't think I'll be spending a dime more on this game.

Cobra6 #2 Posted 02 August 2019 - 10:48 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16505 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Problem is that a lot of those idiots spend money in this game so it goes against WG's own interest to act strictly and punish severely.

Someone who for instance shoots allies more then twice every 100 battles is doing it on purpose, I've played this game for 9 years or something and I can count the number of times I accidentally hit allies on two hands over that period.

If a player hits allies more then a set amount, they should get a 1-day ban, 3-days ban after that and after that a week ban.

Same goes for pushing, if a player is reported for abuse a WG staff member should have the server replay sent to them, they should view it and give those people a ban for 1 day, 3 days for second offense and a week for the 3rd.

The measly punishments just ensure the abusers are free to keep playing or just create a new account.

Whether or not an abuser is inconvenienced should not even be important, what should be important is if the victim is inconvenienced or not.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 02 August 2019 - 11:02 AM.

Baldrickk #3 Posted 02 August 2019 - 10:49 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32165 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postjroland, on 02 August 2019 - 10:42 AM, said:

Ever since I started playing this game it's caused me nothing but frustration. Most of it doesn't even have anything to do with game mechanics. It's the community.

This game has the single most toxic, unfriendly, a**hole community I have ever seen in any game ever. People are uncooperative, don't communicate, and those that do usually never write a sentence without at least using the word "noob" once in it.

The thing that made me write this post is - just a few moments ago I was pushed out of cover by a medium tank so he could stand behind it. This kind of team behavior is the thing that has pushed me away from this game a few times already, and IMHO WG aren't flailing the ban hammer enough.

Until the punishments for team grieving are made harsher and Wargaming actually bans someone for doing things like this, I don't think I'll be spending a dime more on this game.

I see this is your first post.

Welcome to the community!

09:51 Added after 2 minute
Ok, serious reply.
If someone pushes you out of cover, or down a cliff etc, then you should raise a support ticket tagged with "physics abuse"
Remember to attach the replay and give a timestamp.  They do actually look at these.

jroland #4 Posted 02 August 2019 - 10:54 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1202 battles

View PostCobra6, on 02 August 2019 - 10:48 AM, said:

Problem is that a lot of those idiots spend money in this game so it goes against WG's own interest to act strictly and punish severely.

Someone who for instance shoots allies more then twice every 100 battles is doing it on purpose, I've played this game for 9 years or something and I can count the number of times I accidentally hit allies on two hands over that period.

If a player hits allies more then a set amount, they should get a day bad, 3 days after that and after that a week.

Same goes for pushing, if a player is reported for abuse a WG staff member should have the server replay sent to them, they should view it and give those people a ban for a day, 3 days for second offense and a week for the 3rd.

The measly punishments just ensure the abusers are free to keep playing or just create a new account.

Whether or not an abuser is inconvenienced should not even be important, what should be important is if the victim is inconvenienced or not.

Cobra 6

^ This. Thank you.

View PostBaldrickk, on 02 August 2019 - 10:49 AM, said:

I see this is your first post.

Welcome to the community!

09:51 Added after 2 minute
Ok, serious reply.
If someone pushes you out of cover, or down a cliff etc, then you should raise a support ticket tagged with "physics abuse"
Remember to attach the replay and give a timestamp. They do actually look at these.

Thanks, and what a community it is... :sceptic:

Baldrickk #5 Posted 02 August 2019 - 10:57 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32165 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postjroland, on 02 August 2019 - 10:54 AM, said:

^ This. Thank you.

Thanks, and what a community it is... :sceptic:

The regular forumites are decent!

We have an in game channel if you want to poke your head in at any time, platoon up etc

Name: forumites

password: play4fun

malachi6 #6 Posted 02 August 2019 - 10:59 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 50920 battles

How can an automated system tell the difference between an accident and deliberate?  What do you feel equips you to determine who should and should be banned.    How long is the ban for?  IS the ban longer if you die?

How often are you pushed out?  In all my games it has happened twice.

Not saying it is not unfair. Just pointing out it is not a simple to solve, black and white issue.

Edited by malachi6, 02 August 2019 - 11:01 AM.

Long_Range_Sniper #7 Posted 02 August 2019 - 11:03 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36920 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postjroland, on 02 August 2019 - 09:42 AM, said:

What you described is wrong but happens, along with AFK tanks, and all sorts of things. Experienced players just move onto their next game.

With 900 battles in seven years and no premium tanks other than an LTP on this account you've posted with, do you feel you're the sort of customer WG are going to change for? If you're not spending a dime more, how much have you spent already?

Ceeb #8 Posted 02 August 2019 - 11:50 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 32411 battles

I take it you've never played EA's FIFA series, this by far is the most toxic game ever.

Nitro_Tank #9 Posted 02 August 2019 - 01:13 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6589 battles
WoT has the most toxic community of every online game i have ever played in my life, no game goes past with multiple people flaming and blaming. The forum isnt better, people condone and defend abusive behaviour because they themselves are perpetrators, people don't read posts and then make stupid responses that have no relation to the topic. I could go on, but long story short: WoT is a great game that is let down by its terrible community and bad balance.

Folau #10 Posted 02 August 2019 - 01:56 PM

Major

• Player
  • 15491 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Almost every game thinks it has the most toxic community - WoT isn't special in that regard. WoT is now a mediocre game with distinctly average community.

Nitro_Tank #11 Posted 02 August 2019 - 01:58 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6589 battles

View PostFolau, on 02 August 2019 - 12:56 PM, said:

Almost every game thinks it has the most toxic community - WoT isn't special in that regard. WoT is now a mediocre game with distinctly average community.

Compared to Dota, LoL, CSGO this community is worse than all four combined, no doubt about it.

Bulldog_Drummond #12 Posted 02 August 2019 - 02:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32707 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO

I think that most regulars here are usually fine  but it very much depends on the tone of the poster and the nature of the post as to how people respond.

A genuine request for help with attention paid to the answers will get valuable comment.  A whine about something that has been whined about a million times before probably will not, especially if it is in tin foil hat territory, like the regular posts about how "WG has made me lose 30 times in a row".

In game or post-game PM comments?  No, all you will get is griefing, usually from players who themselves messed up.

Edited by Bulldog_Drummond, 02 August 2019 - 02:11 PM.

vasilinhorulezz #13 Posted 02 August 2019 - 02:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26534 battles
Send a ticket with the replay file, although I doubt WG does something about this.

RockyRoller #14 Posted 02 August 2019 - 02:47 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37379 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS
Sometimes you can be in a blind spot and be pushed by accident. The accident can be seen if they stop and move off. If they don't and claim jump then it was deliberate and old US/Canada frontier gold mine rules is you hang them?

spamhamstar #15 Posted 02 August 2019 - 03:23 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 64313 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY
This is clearly something that WG can easily fix, by removing the ability for allied tanks to collide with each other.  It's not like we can claim we haven't been warned.

Sirebellus #16 Posted 02 August 2019 - 03:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22551 battles

I've played this game for 9 years or something and I can count the number of times I accidentally hit allies on two hands over that period.

But only 18 Battle Buddy Medals...
So not played many games since 2014 (when the BB medal was introduced) ?
Or push a lot of team mates about ?

Or shoot team mates deliberately ?

MrGimpSuit #17 Posted 03 August 2019 - 09:09 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11007 battles
  • [U-WOT] U-WOT

View PostFolau, on 02 August 2019 - 12:56 PM, said:

People should have experienced the DayZ mod in 2013. Probably the most toxic game I have ever played, but coincidentally one of the most phun I've ever played. 

Gremlin182 #18 Posted 03 August 2019 - 09:54 AM

General

• Player
  • 56271 battles

Yes there are idiots in the game but they are few and far between.

Something happens we get angry and if sensible just forget it and move on.

I remember the last time I was pushed off a cliff "yes I have moved on ;) " I remember it because same thing happened in the same place some months earlier.

Province a KV2 rolled slowly up behind me and inevitably I rolled down the hill hit a rock and stuck there.

2 months before that another KV2 did the same and I ended up on my side at much the same spot.

Both cases sent in a replay and forgot about it, some of us expect a reply something like thanks oh noble player we have executed the miscreant and he shall never be seen again.

We have "probably" far more angry shouty people that want the game changed because one specific part they dislike.

Every day a complaint about something the top 5 are probably Arty Premium ammo Wheeled vehicles bad matchmaking and Bots.

Communication in this game is difficult the games only hast 5-10 minutes and when it starts everyone dashes off to meet the enemy.

Is this the sort of game where someone can see where they are driving while looking at a text window to see

1 what players are typing and

2 if it applies to them.

Meanwhile someone is clicking the map with no explanation as to what it means.

It could be I am going here.we should all go there, enemy are here, watch out for this spot or just hey isn't this a cool looking spot.

15 random players on my team who made some of them generals :)

I use the radial menu that's in the game to communicate and sometimes draw on the map.

I don't abuse either feature because I am busy playing.

Fewer but more important messages might mean we start taking note of whats being typed.

The only way to organise a team with messages is before the game starts and you only have 20 seconds with not all the players in yet.

If you could get everyone together formulate a plan after you see what tanks you have and the map you are on.

Of course it would add another 5-10 minutes to every game.

Its a short fast paced random battle with complete strangers you will never meet again.

Best you can get most games is "attack" map click location followed by players responding affirmative or negative.

Some of us notice the message some do not.

I usually think I have gone into chat mode typed out a message and close chat and move off.

What actually happened was I pressed a lot of keys turned off the minimap and other game windows. then opened chat and I am now printing out wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Thats what happens when you need to look at the keyboard to type.

Have fun and don't stress the unimportant things.

mpf1959 #19 Posted 03 August 2019 - 11:34 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26338 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

:teethhappy::trollface::teethhappy::trollface::teethhappy::trollface::girl:

Balc0ra #20 Posted 03 August 2019 - 01:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 71585 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Unlike other competitive online games that are 5 vs 5 etc. This is 15 vs 15, or 30 vs 30. And when most of them are behind a language barrier vs yours. And none are on the same voice chat. It will be like in BF, most run around doing their own thing. As the more players you have, the less there will be of it. Communication only comes late game in most cases vs some. So if that's what you look for in a game. You might as well leave now. You will never find that here. Too many variables for that to work that well every game.

Same goes for pushing, if a player is reported for abuse a WG staff member should have the server replay sent to them, they should view it and give those people a ban for 1 day, 3 days for second offense and a week for the 3rd.

Remember the report a cheat function we had? If WG got a replay for every one of those. They would never have time to clear one replay before 90 more stacked up pr staff. So even then, not everyone would be banned by it. As if most knew that's how it works now. Everyone would report everyone just because and drown WG staff in more work then needed.

The issue is that there is too many things covering "unsportsmanlike conduct". As it's mostly butthurt reports more so then vital reports. As for all I know both me and you get reported several times a day for anything from not playing like they wanted, or not helping to yolo a 1 vs 6. And since there is no separate report for pushing and blocking. Thus the system atm has leeway for false reports. If not we all would be banned a few times by now. As most fall under the same category.

Just add a report pushing and blocking option separate from unsportsmanlike. As that's def needed now that team damage goes away. And if they stack up enough over a short time, or he gets multiple reports pr game for it vs just 1. Then should get the game to send the info to WG with a replay. Then unsportsmanlike would still be butthurt reports and not for offenses like pushing. As that's why it's not hit on enough. It just disappears in the crowd if you will with all the other reports. As they are all for the same thing. And not clearly marked as different things by WG.

Also tagged with grieving, pushing, ally, team, ramming, toxic, community, punishment, ban

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users