• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

autobumba #1 Posted 02 August 2019 - 02:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27796 battles
  • [GIFTD] GIFTD

Good day reader,

Long story short- I still have my old phone nr. connected to my acc. I dont remember the old phone Nr, nor do I have any access to it.

I tried contacting support and this is what they told me:

Hi autobumba,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming support!

We appreciate your effort in contacting us regarding your concern with the removal of the phone number.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.  However, please be advised that we do not accept email confirmations from us.  What we require are bank statements, receipts and online transactions preferably on July 2018 using credit card.

So my question would be, how can I do this or what other options do I have.
Cuz I have changed countries and Banks since I made the account and had my old number...

Dont get me wrong, I respect that they want to be 100% sure that its me, but cmon.

Best regards,
Autobumba ♥

BravelyRanAway #2 Posted 02 August 2019 - 02:22 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24211 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

Well, to be fair, if you don't have the information they require, there's not much they can do for you. I mean no phone or bank details?....you could be any ol' chancer.

I agree with WG on this one.

I keep all my WG transaction receipts that were done online in a folder in my email app as these kind of issues have happening for a long time.

You can always contact your old bank and ask them for an old statement, it will cost you, but appears to be your only option.

Bordhaw #3 Posted 02 August 2019 - 06:30 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14539 battles
https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/article/22882/

Mr_Deo #4 Posted 02 August 2019 - 06:47 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 43551 battles
  • [ESAF] ESAF

I had this trouble before with other providers too.  Some will argue that it's up to you, but the funny thing is that they let a lot of people steal accounts and then just twiddle their thumbs when the real owner comes back.

Their own help pages once told you what to do if you couldn't access the phone any longer, but they removed that support page (yet, they still point to it from other support articles!).

Sadly in a older article t hey suggest that you contact your old phone provider and ask the buy the number back (HAH, WHAT IDIOTS)…. You would think someone has had a phone contract at some point in history and knows how much churn there is on numbers.

Truthfully however... 

You should be able to reply with the bits of info you have and they should be able to change what you need changing.  Assuming you signed up using real details (I don't do that in all of my online accounts) then I would bet if you get most of it correct that you'll be given the chance to change things.

If it was me (instead of WG) ... I would process your change of password request, but send a text to ask for verification... I would then make you wait like two weeks before okaying it... But that's just me.

Google Authenticator is better for 2fa, as you can migrate it between devices and it's not tied to a specific phone number or email that you will be removed access from.

Gruff_ #5 Posted 03 August 2019 - 04:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I cleared my old number recently you should be able to do via support I explained I no longer had access to the number so they sent an email confirmation request to remove it

Pansenmann #6 Posted 05 August 2019 - 09:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 35983 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I went through this hassle too, luckily I could send them screenshots of some very old payments and the corresponding transaction ID's
but I added my current phone number again. this time I know I am able to keep it :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users