• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

specck0 #1 Posted 04 August 2019 - 12:42 AM

Private

• Player
  • 4072 battles
  • [CRNA] CRNA
Hi everyone.
Since I just was moving with my flat on the moment when the new version was released - 1.5.1.1500 I couldn't compare with the old version and new internet, because in a new flat I have new internet and my game is in the game throttling - hiccuping - my FPS is OK, my PING is ok. So I can't understand is it only for me or you faced the same problem? So it happens in short intervals to freeze for a half- of second, like when you have ping problems, except my ping is not over 50 (20-50)
As I sad in my old flat it worked fine, even with slower internet, but since in meantime new version was published, I don't know exactly what the problem is.
I couldn't find any report on this.

Bordhaw #2 Posted 04 August 2019 - 09:49 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14539 battles

View Postspecck0, on 03 August 2019 - 11:42 PM, said:

Hi everyone.
Since I just was moving with my flat on the moment when the new version was released - 1.5.1.1500 I couldn't compare with the old version and new internet, because in a new flat I have new internet and my game is in the game throttling - hiccuping - my FPS is OK, my PING is ok. So I can't understand is it only for me or you faced the same problem? So it happens in short intervals to freeze for a half- of second, like when you have ping problems, except my ping is not over 50 (20-50)
As I sad in my old flat it worked fine, even with slower internet, but since in meantime new version was published, I don't know exactly what the problem is.
I couldn't find any report on this.

Don't play using WiFi

P33K #3 Posted 04 August 2019 - 11:57 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 26060 battles
It's been doing it for me too. Might be Homefront affecting server, as there's been similar symptoms on previous events too. Not this frequent hiccups though, and its like the whole game was a bit heavier.

PayMore #4 Posted 04 August 2019 - 07:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26611 battles
I got big problems too with the patch.

specck0 #5 Posted 04 August 2019 - 10:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4072 battles
  • [CRNA] CRNA
I was always playing over wifi.

I see, true, there is Homefront active, could be too much request.
Thank you. Hopefully It will be fixed soon :(

Hezs #6 Posted 05 August 2019 - 10:21 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 28527 battles
Waisted money reserves, I'm unable to play tonight when ping bounces from normal to 300 and then to 999. Is this because of the Homefront???

x0kublakhan0x #7 Posted 06 August 2019 - 10:33 AM

Private

• Player
  • 19497 battles
  • [OFIT] OFIT
I keep testing the ping and I get a better ping from Singapore than I do germany or holand not good when you play on the eu server I have two windows per day when the ping is tolerable i'm just hoping they fix the problem in patch 1.6 because at the moment its un playable

unhappy_bunny #8 Posted 06 August 2019 - 12:30 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19589 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View Postx0kublakhan0x, on 06 August 2019 - 09:33 AM, said:

I keep testing the ping and I get a better ping from Singapore than I do germany or holand not good when you play on the eu server I have two windows per day when the ping is tolerable i'm just hoping they fix the problem in patch 1.6 because at the moment its un playable

Ping measures the time taken for a packet of data to travel from your PC's NIC to the destination's NIC. It does not taken into account the loading on the server. If your PC is powered off, unless you disconnect from the mains you would still see an activity light on your router because your NIC is still active. This means that despite your PC being inactive, a ping to your IP address would still work. 

A high ping means your shortest route did not work and one of the nodes along the route has resent that packet via another route and was successful. 999 ping means the packet failed to reach the destination or the return echo failed. 

If you get better ping from Singapore that from Germany or Holland, that indicates there is some sort of bottleneck between your location in those countries and the server, but the route from the Singapore feed into the EU network is clear. 

So WG can do little or nothing to fix the ping problem, certainly not by patching the game, it is down to the companies who own the EU links that are causing the problem. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users