Jump to content


WG, lower the requirements for Light's missions!


  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Amun_RA #1 Posted 04 August 2019 - 01:02 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 48730 battles
  • 434
  • Member since:
    09-27-2011

Not only do you get very rarely good maps, when you try to complete a spotting mission in your tier 8 light, but also the whole  game environment is changed since the missions were conceived. There are way too many lights per team almost every game, there is usually at least one WV which scouts actively way better than normal lights and... There are way too many games in which you are top tier!

 

It might be a very nice experience to be top tier in a light, but not for missions where the enemy's HP is very important. I am a decent light player since some time now but these days I struggle to even spot passively with T92 for 4k damage... And this comes from someone who managed to do pretty easily all the light missions for Obj 260.

 

Of course, this is not a problem that  I would have in a tier 8 WV, because they overperform. 

 

 



mpf1959 #2 Posted 04 August 2019 - 01:34 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 26133 battles
  • 1,372
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-29-2017

WG, lower the requirements for Light's missions!

 

Stuff that, just GIVE ME THE TANK! NOW! :playing:



Amun_RA #3 Posted 04 August 2019 - 01:43 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 48730 battles
  • 434
  • Member since:
    09-27-2011

View Postmpf1959, on 04 August 2019 - 12:34 PM, said:

WG, lower the requirements for Light's missions!

 

Stuff that, just GIVE ME THE TANK! NOW! :playing:

 

 

If you are not willing to come up with some constructive ideas, arguments, please refrain from commenting. It is obvious you haven't understood what I've written. I already have Obj 260, I can do those missions. I just say the conditions in the game have changed lately since the new more favorable MM and WV have flooded the game. 



Drunk_and_Furious #4 Posted 04 August 2019 - 01:44 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 16763 battles
  • 459
  • [DE-VI] DE-VI
  • Member since:
    05-10-2015

Why would WG lower the requirements again?, you better ask them to give you the tank without doing any mission.

Get a WV you will do the missions EZ. also play T10 not 8, more HP sore more assist potential.



Negativvv #5 Posted 04 August 2019 - 01:48 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 12207 battles
  • 1,562
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-08-2015

I am a meh LT player and I have no issues getting spotting damage...

 

Get camo, max out view range. Use Optics and bushes, don't fire your gun at the start. Easy spots...



mpf1959 #6 Posted 04 August 2019 - 01:51 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 26133 battles
  • 1,372
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-29-2017

View PostAmun_RA, on 04 August 2019 - 01:43 PM, said:

 

 

If you are not willing to come up with some constructive ideas, arguments, please refrain from commenting. It is obvious you haven't understood what I've written. I already have Obj 260, I can do those missions. I just say the conditions in the game have changed lately since the new more favorable MM and WV have flooded the game. 

 

I understand it fine, I just want the tank, no mission! 



Amun_RA #7 Posted 04 August 2019 - 01:56 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 48730 battles
  • 434
  • Member since:
    09-27-2011

View PostDrunk_and_Furious, on 04 August 2019 - 12:44 PM, said:

Why would WG lower the requirements again?, you better ask them to give you the tank without doing any mission.

Get a WV you will do the missions EZ. also play T10 not 8, more HP sore more assist potential.

 

You cannot do all missions with one nation for the second campaign. So no, I cannot just use EBR or AMX for Allience campaign, for example.

 

Secondly, my point is that it seems much harder nowadays to do some light missions in tier 8 lights because of the new MM in which you are very often top tier. 

 

And usually I prefer to do as many missions as possible in tier 8 premium tanks, otherwise I lose too many credits.

 

It seems to me you come on the forum to just criticise me without having good arguments or at least some sort of discussion. People, no, I don't want to get the tanks for free.

 

I just signal that there seems to be a problem with MM for tier 8 lights. Maybe I am wrong. But come up with some constructive counter arguments and stop attacking me. 



barison1 #8 Posted 04 August 2019 - 02:10 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 42601 battles
  • 1,759
  • Member since:
    01-14-2012

got 10k spot on 3rd try or so while playing sheridan for the 4k spot mission of chimera, 4k spot isnt that hard with t9/10 lights

 

just buy yourself a t49 and you can do quite bunch missions with that, tier 8 LT dont face enough hp to farm as spotting usually



Amun_RA #9 Posted 04 August 2019 - 02:16 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 48730 battles
  • 434
  • Member since:
    09-27-2011

View Postmpf1959, on 04 August 2019 - 12:51 PM, said:

 

I understand it fine, I just want the tank, no mission! 

 

Facepalm.



PowJay #10 Posted 04 August 2019 - 02:17 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 39282 battles
  • 5,211
  • Member since:
    09-07-2012

I agree that some battles are overrun with LTs and the map rotation can be a [insert rude word] at times. You get Himmelsdorf, Paris, Ensk, Ruinberg and the, oh joy, Prokhorovka or Malinovka and there's three LTs and two WVs on each side.:facepalm:

 

Many of the missions just require all of the stars and planets to align, but that's just the way it goes. It isn't meant to be too easy.

 

Keep calm and camp on. You'll get that one game eventually. Why do you think that the AMX 13 90 is my most-played vehicle despite the fact that I generally suck in lights?



If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #11 Posted 04 August 2019 - 02:17 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9749 battles
  • 886
  • Member since:
    07-14-2016

Good spotters should deffo get more XP

 

Watched a brill player last week who worked tirelessly and carried much of the team and he came second or third bottom in XP in the post game stats

 

I wished I could have sent him something as an acknowledgement

"man of the match" Half my XP or credits or something like that

 

He only got some crappy spotter medal or something

 

WG needs to encourage skillful players more


Edited by If_I_Die_You_Die_Too, 04 August 2019 - 02:25 PM.


P33K #12 Posted 04 August 2019 - 02:44 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 26048 battles
  • 207
  • Member since:
    03-26-2015
I kind of agree, but then there are these star alignment required -missions on every branch.

Dunno if it's good idea to lower the mission requirements too much, but the objectives could be a bit more reasonable. Incoming changes for arty missions for example seem a bit unnecessary. They are not that hard.

More grand battles would be nice though.


tajj7 #13 Posted 05 August 2019 - 02:13 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 27778 battles
  • 15,642
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

They already made the 1st set of light tank missions easier.

 

I did LT-15 back when it was pure spotting missions only, when we had no Grand Battles, when we had no tier 10 lights. 

 

It's way easier now.

 

And the 2nd set are not class dependent aside the odd the stunning one (which obviously only arty can do) any vehicle can spot and like a hull down IS-7 or full view ranged Obj. 140 for example as easily capable of big spotting games. 



Ceeb #14 Posted 05 August 2019 - 02:30 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Beta Tester
  • 32409 battles
  • 6,005
  • Member since:
    01-14-2011

View Posttajj7, on 05 August 2019 - 01:13 PM, said:

They already made the 1st set of light tank missions easier.

 

I did LT-15 back when it was pure spotting missions only, when we had no Grand Battles, when we had no tier 10 lights. 

 

It's way easier now.

 

And the 2nd set are not class dependent aside the odd the stunning one (which obviously only arty can do) any vehicle can spot and like a hull down IS-7 or full view ranged Obj. 140 for example as easily capable of big spotting games. 

 

When was the last GBs you had.... i havent had it for since the start of the last campaign.

 

 



tajj7 #15 Posted 05 August 2019 - 02:44 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 27778 battles
  • 15,642
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

View PostCeeb, on 05 August 2019 - 01:30 PM, said:

 

When was the last GBs you had.... i havent had it for since the start of the last campaign.

 

 

 

Yesterday, on the new map, and I turned it off immediately after that because I got focused by all 4 arty. 



____Green____ #16 Posted 05 August 2019 - 02:55 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 22866 battles
  • 269
  • [B4LV] B4LV
  • Member since:
    01-12-2014
For some missions GB is awesome, but it takes a lot of time to get in GB. Sometimes its only 1 of 50 battles or more.

Edited by ____Green____, 05 August 2019 - 02:56 PM.


Balc0ra #17 Posted 05 August 2019 - 03:38 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 71518 battles
  • 19,995
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostAmun_RA, on 04 August 2019 - 01:02 PM, said:

It might be a very nice experience to be top tier in a light, but not for missions where the enemy's HP is very important. I am a decent light player since some time now but these days I struggle to even spot passively with T92 for 4k damage... And this comes from someone who managed to do pretty easily all the light missions for Obj 260.

 

For the new missions, it's based on nations more so then class. But like the first campaing, it's more rewarding for those who are flexible in their selection ability on higher tiers. And by 4K assist I suspect you mean Alliance 9? As you have tier 9's and X's lights for that group. So why stick to the T92 if HP is vital considering the recent MM changes? I did that with the T49 after a few runs. On Overlord of all maps.

 

View PostAmun_RA, on 04 August 2019 - 01:02 PM, said:

Of course, this is not a problem that  I would have in a tier 8 WV, because they overperform.

 

Wheeled lights for active spotting are as much depentent on map as it is for tracked lights and passive spotting with their base view range. Especially if you want 4K spotting assist alone. I can count on one hand how often I did see that on my tier 8 wheelie. They overpreform, but not in the active spotting area. Unless you are saying you get that with ease each round in them? Considering you past arguments. That don't make much sense if you are fighting 4 445m tracked lights for it.



Spurtung #18 Posted 05 August 2019 - 06:53 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 72674 battles
  • 6,234
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostAmun_RA, on 04 August 2019 - 12:43 PM, said:

If you are not willing to come up with some constructive ideas, arguments, please refrain from commenting. It is obvious you haven't understood what I've written. I already have Obj 260, I can do those missions. I just say the conditions in the game have changed lately since the new more favorable MM and WV have flooded the game. 

 

Then what's the problem? I did all 75 LT missions with secondary requirements way before WV were added to the game, and I'm not a great player.



NUKLEAR_SLUG #19 Posted 05 August 2019 - 06:56 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 33535 battles
  • 4,069
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View PostSpurtung, on 05 August 2019 - 06:53 PM, said:

 

Then what's the problem? I did all 75 LT missions with secondary requirements way before WV were added to the game, and I'm not a great player.

 

The problem is apparently the Wheelies are playing better than him and that's upsetting him some.

 

OP, if you want to do your missions then git gudder.



PayMore #20 Posted 05 August 2019 - 07:00 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26579 battles
  • 645
  • Member since:
    05-24-2013
Hopefully they will make some bonds for those missions that are hard for 5-10 euros, but for now they can handle the bartab in ayia napa so It will probably take some time before they tap into that goldmine.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users