Homefront, Thank you WG but it sucks.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

vasilinhorulezz #1 Posted 04 August 2019 - 07:42 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26450 battles

This is just a review from a finished grind on the new PvE mode.

First of all, the mode it self.

The mode could be made fun, but it manages to be un-fun and boring, you're just standing there pew-pewing anything that comes your way, pretty much anything else. What makes it though more boring is the amount of time you need to invest in it, because WG made it an other utterly frustrating grind.

The grind.

Pretty much a platoon exclusive mode, don't try this with randoms, if you're aiming to get both rewards, although even with randoms, one reward is pretty much guaranteed , though it will come after a lot of losses (I grinded the whole eastern front with randoms). If you want to finish it fast and get the maximum possible rewards (which go to up to 115 points for the 10 wave battle) find a platoon.

Tank divisions.

For me the most useful tank divisions are The Beast Slayers for the eastern front, and The Spearhead Brigade for the western front.

The Beast Slayers

For me, the most effective for dealing damage to the boss tanks, with Air Strike and Artillery Strike, but the most useful power they get is Reckon, you want to get some early damage on enemy approaching tanks? Reckon, you want to find where the f*** the last remaining enemies are? Reckon, your lights and meds are camping and don't spot anything? Guess what... Reckon!

The Spearhead Brigade

The reason I find them strong is they get the best guns, the Hellcat with the 76mm gun and the Shermans with APCR are the only tanks that can reliably penetrate Tigers from the front, plus they get two very strong powers, the Airstrikes, that can destroy the "boss" tanks especially if they used together, the third power is a bit useless, you pretty much never need the fourth tank in any situation in a platoon, in most of my battles I used 2 tanks only, and there was a good amount of battles where I finished the waves with the tank I started. Might be useful if you play with randoms either way.

The bots.

My advise against the bots is, focus the tanks that will do the most damage to you and your team first, kill the minor threat targets afterwards, bots seem to be fixated with you, and still try to hit the target they're aiming at all times (in general they are not very eager to change targets), so when it's aiming at you, take cover and let the team take advantage of this and kill it, if you can avoid unnecessary damage do it, take cover and be mindful that most of them have target discipline, and won't shoot when you're behind cover, they'll wait for you to pop up again, plus they shoot pretty much better than 70% of the player base and you don't have much xp, a Tiger will 2 shot almost everything except Heavies.

Matchmaking.

The MM is really bad and I couldn't figure out the logic behind it. I constantly got 10 wave battles with 1 division 3, 1 division 2 and 3 division 1 tanks, while on other battles with 2 division 3, 2 division 2 and 1 division 1 tanks I got the 7 wave battles. I mean seriously? Nothing else to add.

My advise for the mode.

First, spend the gold to get at least the level 2 tanks, you will need a lot of fuel to get there, and you will need it, and the most important: Find A Platoon. Trying this with randoms is just a waste of fuel, and this comes from a guy that did the whole eastern front solo.

Edited by vasilinhorulezz, 04 August 2019 - 10:30 PM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #2 Posted 04 August 2019 - 07:58 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17936 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 04 August 2019 - 07:42 PM, said:

The Beast Slayers

For me, the most effective for dealing damage to the boss tanks, with Air Strike and Artillery Strike, but the most useful power they get is Reckon, you want to get some early damage on enemy approaching tanks? Reckon, you want to find where the f*** is the last remaining enemies? Reckon, your lights and meds are camping and don't spot anything? Guess what... Reckon!

Personally I found the Ironsides strongest, purely based on their "dying but not out" ability. The T-34 and KV-1S Are a resounding meh, and benefit only slightly from the ability and are mostly just to use between waves 1-8. The KV-1 However, while terrible against the Panthers/Tigers normally, gets a reload of 1.5 and insane pen (it doesn't list it, but you'll have no trouble penning them at all as you normally would) during the 20 Second period. If they are close enough together, you can easily kill all three during the time you're burning out, especially if you combine it with your Katyusha barrage (which can still be used while it's active), especially if you ammorack them or have another platoonmate who does it as well.

undutchable80 #3 Posted 04 August 2019 - 08:15 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 11087 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I liked the RoF increase perk as your hp decreased with the Lucky Second. Your RoF could be boosted x4, which meant a reload of 0.7 or 0.8 seconds, which was insanely fun. 

Desyatnik_Pansy #4 Posted 04 August 2019 - 08:33 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17936 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postundutchable80, on 04 August 2019 - 08:15 PM, said:

I liked the RoF increase perk as your hp decreased with the Lucky Second. Your RoF could be boosted x4, which meant a reload of 0.7 or 0.8 seconds, which was insanely fun. 

0.8 On the Churchill I, 1.1 IIRC On the Churchill VII, 3.6 On the Sherman III Derp.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #5 Posted 04 August 2019 - 08:49 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53231 battles

It took you a lot of time because you were playing with random people and not in a platoon as you said yourself. It doesn't have to be this way or even considered a grind. It's a fun mode with some rewards at the end. If you're trying to get both the rewards then yes some grinding will be involved as with everything in WOT.

The mode got some issues but it was fun nonetheless and to say that it "sucks" or an "utter failure" then create a channel to play the same mode is rather odd at least to me!

Anyway, enjoy your improved equipment and let's hope WG don't "fix" it too much in the future. :)

Balc0ra #6 Posted 05 August 2019 - 12:33 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 71534 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

It's... a terrible made mode in terms of getting all the rewards witout paying, as in the badge too. Even with platoon mates, not everyone will get 10 points constantly to get ranks up, to get enough with the limited fuel. And thus not everyone ranks as fast, thus not everyone gets the fuel bonus from ranking as the rest. Thus you can't play with all your mates all the time. So that alone made it silly.

But I know plenty that are already done both that way with 4000 points in total via buying all tier III's instantly. But from tier 1 with 50 points pr game to get 4K? Less so. I get one bad game tomorrow and I miss out on the last rank III on the 2nd equipment and the badge. As I won't get enough points. And I've played every day.

But got the rammer and 6 camos. So I guess I can't complain vs time spent on the Halloween vs rewards. As the mode was fun, as a good break from randoms. But just setup badly.

Edited by Balc0ra, 05 August 2019 - 12:33 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users