Which tanks for T55A TD-8 & HT-7 Missions?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

undutchable80 #1 Posted 05 August 2019 - 08:03 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 11094 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Hiya fellow forumites!

I feel like trying to complete the TD-8 & HT 7 mission for the T55A, since I have two orders spent on those missions for a loooong time now and I want to try and get them back.

The TD-8 mission requires me to do 4x my own hp (and I think a win to complete it with honors?)

Reading older threads on the topic (2017-2018), I see a lot of Dicker Max mentioned, but I do not own that tank. I also saw SU-100 and Hellcat mentioned which I fortunately do own. Are those still viable tanks to do this mission with? 

I have other options in my garage, but I feel T6-7 is the sweetspot with hp vs dmg for this mission?

The HT-7 mission requires me to do 3k dmg and successfully capture a base / participate in a base decap. I would think T8+ would be needed for the dmg requirement, so what would be your recommendation?

Thanks in advance all!

~Dutch

PS Pls ignore my horrendous Hellcat stats; it was my first ever T6 TD back in the day with a no-skill crew... :child:

PowJay #2 Posted 05 August 2019 - 08:24 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 39304 battles

This is a recent battle of mine in the SU-100. I'd say that the SU-100 is viable. :)

Edit- Forgot the replay HA HA HA http://wotreplays.eu/site/4950920#kharkov-powjay-su-100

Edited by PowJay, 05 August 2019 - 08:24 AM.

tajj7 #3 Posted 05 August 2019 - 08:26 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27789 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Hellcat, with APCR, and tier 8 MM. Hellcat is still a solid TD and more flexible than most of the other tier 6 or 7 TDs, plus its only 2.3k damage which is not that hard with a Hellcat, it's basically 10 penning shots. 

Heavy one is more about playing and getting a reset on a base cap than trying to cap, so a fast tier 9 or 10 heavy basically, one that can get back and defend the base or I suppose get into the base if a cap is likely to be successful (which from my experience is more rare as the majority of games don't end in a cap).

So something like a 50b would work, or any of the Russian heaviums.

Plus put encounter and assault on, caps happen more regularly in those modes IMO so definitely higher chance to to the mission, especially encounter as people tend to sit in the base from the first minute. 

TankkiPoju #4 Posted 05 August 2019 - 08:26 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 23018 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I think you need to go higher tiers for these missions. I did TD-8 in probably Borsig.

For HT-7... any fast heavy tank.

vasilinhorulezz #5 Posted 05 August 2019 - 08:29 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26534 battles
Missions are not always about the tank, but the situation, if the circumstances allow it you will get the mission, for TD missions probably something with big alpha will work, but still you need enemies willing to get farmed by your gun and for the Heavy tank 3k damage is more easily doable in tier VIII and up, or you could try the IS at tier VIII. But you're gonna need all stars aligned in order to finish them.

WhoCares01 #6 Posted 05 August 2019 - 08:33 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19531 battles

You can always check for saltyjedi's suggestions.

I recently did HT.7 for T55A, and by capping with Mäuschen of all tanks (on Airfield). Doesn't make it a good suggestions though.

The usual routine for these cap/decap missions is to enable Encounter mode and to focus on the decap part. And then a good high tier damage dealer - SJ suggests the auto-loading HTs.

undutchable80 #7 Posted 05 August 2019 - 08:53 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 11094 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys. I did have a look at Saltyjedi's webpage, but unfortunately I do not have any of his suggested HTs (Only have the Mauschen, Conqueror, WZ-111-14 and WZ-111-5A as T9+ HTs), so based on Tajj's advice, I would think either WZ's should be doable for the HT8 mission. Also thanks for the Encounter mode tip; I will turn that back on tonight. :great:

I generally suck at TDs, so I will try the SU100 and Hellcat options, since the Skorpion, WZ-120-1G-FT and ISU152 are my only high tier TDs (apart from the deathstar lol).

dan_dix #8 Posted 05 August 2019 - 09:01 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18180 battles

Also think Hellcat is very viable for the TD mission. You need to abuse the camo factor with it (with a full camo crew and paint), you can get into some pretty ridiculous shooting positions and not get spotted. Get in early to spot and snipe, retreat and then keep moving around at the edge of the view circle to find shots, keeping your turret preaimed towards the next target. Use gold ammo liberally particularly against higher tiers - your APCR round can pen almost anything on the field, turns even an IS3 into a snack.

I haven't done yet the HT7/T55A mission, found it really annoying and skipped it for a while but will have to get back to it. I would think one of the standard russian heavies (IS3/Obj257/T10/IS7) should be able to do it fairly easily. It could be done either with a successful strong push on the medium flank followed by cap, or by winning the heavy flank and retreating early to defend base - but bear in mind games are now much more fluid for this kind of set strategies. I see far less games won by cap lately - not least because of the NO CAP KILL ALL mentality

The funny thing though is that I've probably done several times the HT7 mission in the E75 while trying out for the HT12 mission.... Now that's a btch....

undutchable80 #9 Posted 05 August 2019 - 09:23 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 11094 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postdan_dix, on 05 August 2019 - 09:01 AM, said:

Also think Hellcat is very viable for the TD mission. You need to abuse the camo factor with it (with a full camo crew and paint), you can get into some pretty ridiculous shooting positions and not get spotted. Get in early to spot and snipe, retreat and then keep moving around at the edge of the view circle to find shots, keeping your turret preaimed towards the next target. Use gold ammo liberally particularly against higher tiers - your APCR round can pen almost anything on the field, turns even an IS3 into a snack.

I haven't done yet the HT7/T55A mission, found it really annoying and skipped it for a while but will have to get back to it. I would think one of the standard russian heavies (IS3/Obj257/T10/IS7) should be able to do it fairly easily. It could be done either with a successful strong push on the medium flank followed by cap, or by winning the heavy flank and retreating early to defend base - but bear in mind games are now much more fluid for this kind of set strategies. I see far less games won by cap lately - not least because of the NO CAP KILL ALL mentality

The funny thing though is that I've probably done several times the HT7 mission in the E75 while trying out for the HT12 mission.... Now that's a btch....

Thx for your comments mate. Will go full Dinger-mode regarding the gold loadout.  :justwait:

And I hear ya on the HT12 mission; Accidentally completed the HT15 mission for the T55A in my Mauschen...when I was trying to complete the HT12 mission. :( Eventually finished HT12 in my VK100.01P as top tier, so hang in there!

PowJay #10 Posted 05 August 2019 - 09:42 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 39304 battles

I just had a further look through my TD replays. How about this in the Hellcat. http://wotreplays.eu/site/4528966#minsk-powjay-m18_hellcat

This in the Jackson http://wotreplays.eu/site/4519520#province-powjay-m36_jackson and this one http://wotreplays.eu/site/4413735#serene_coast-powjay-m36_jackson

I almost had enough in one Jagdpanther battle on my replays, but I was short by about 100 HP.

splash_time #11 Posted 05 August 2019 - 10:41 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12086 battles

View Postundutchable80, on 05 August 2019 - 08:03 AM, said:

Hiya fellow forumites!

I feel like trying to complete the TD-8 & HT 7 mission for the T55A, since I have two orders spent on those missions for a loooong time now and I want to try and get them back.

The TD-8 mission requires me to do 4x my own hp (and I think a win to complete it with honors?)

Reading older threads on the topic (2017-2018), I see a lot of Dicker Max mentioned, but I do not own that tank. I also saw SU-100 and Hellcat mentioned which I fortunately do own. Are those still viable tanks to do this mission with? 

I have other options in my garage, but I feel T6-7 is the sweetspot with hp vs dmg for this mission?

The HT-7 mission requires me to do 3k dmg and successfully capture a base / participate in a base decap. I would think T8+ would be needed for the dmg requirement, so what would be your recommendation?

Thanks in advance all!

~Dutch

PS Pls ignore my horrendous Hellcat stats; it was my first ever T6 TD back in the day with a no-skill crew... :child:

I done TD8 with the campaign t 28 TD 

And the HT7, in my Caernarvon AX, base capturing and shooting every enemy tank trying to decap. :)

Edited by splash_time, 05 August 2019 - 10:42 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users