How many people got both rewards in Homefront without spending gold?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Please only vote if you have used up all your fuel every single day, and NOT spent any gold to level up. (13 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Did you manage to get both improved equipment pieces? (Only vote if you have NOT spent gold and gotten and used 4 fuel every single day + fuel for leveling up)

1. Yes, I got both equipment pieces by only playing with randoms. (3 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

2. Yes, I got both equipment pieces by only playing in platoons. (1 vote [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

3. Yes, I got both equipment pieces with mixed platoons and random teams. (2 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

4. No, I ended up having not enough fuel to get both pieces, despite having gathered 4 fuel every single day. (7 votes [53.85%])

Percentage of vote: 53.85%

Vote Hide poll

StronkiTonki #1 Posted 06 August 2019 - 06:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 33716 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

So Homefront is finished.

Not everyone was a big fan of it, but I enjoyed it as a little side distraction. Plus I am happy that it can't ever possible replace randoms, since it gives no tech tree progression.

Anyway, for the people who did play this every single day, using the daily 2 fuel + the 2 extra fuel for missions.

I am wondering how many people actually managed to get both pieces without spending any gold.

I myself managed to, surprisingly, get both pieces, and have a spare 3 fuel left at the end. Without ever having spent any gold on leveling up.

I also would like to note that I had not played in platoon a single time. Every single battle of Homefront that I did was only with random players.

I will say, the very last day, I was required to win a couple of times and become first in the team.

The very last fuel I had, while playing the very last tank brigade, I was required to get 8 more points to level it up to level 3.

So I literally was forced to win that battle and be at least in the top 4 of my team. Luckily enough, it was a 7 wave battle on Ensk, and we managed to win pretty easily.

At that moment, I leveled up my final tank brigade and got 4 extra fuel.

After that, I only really needed 1 more battle to get the remaining 70 points to max the eastern front.

With that, I got the 2nd improved equipment piece and had 3 fuel to spare.

Now as much as it was a positive experience for me personally, I am absolutely certain that plenty of players have most likely gotten screwed over, and have probably been less lucky with the team consistencies and whatnot.

Even people who might be slightly less skilled (And I'm definitely not among the most skilled out there) probably didn't have a single chance to getting both rewards.

I honestly think there needs to be some rebalancing, making it a bit more possible for players to getting these rewards. I feel so bad for the people who were sitting there with only a few points away of the reward, but having ran out of fuel. And I know they're out there...

I think WG has great potential here for side activities. But there's plenty of room to innovate.

The different tank brigades is definitely one of my favorite things so far. It makes you play differently and really adds the most variety to an otherwise boring gamemode.

If WG keeps on innovating with this, changing it up a bit every time, and making it less "anxiety inducing" with the limited fuel, I think this can be a promising side activity in the game.

Also an important improvement is to not let level 1 players get teamed up with so many level 3 players, where they end up having to play 10 waves and lose dramatically every time.

Edited by StronkiTonki, 06 August 2019 - 06:14 PM.

Xandania #2 Posted 06 August 2019 - 07:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41673 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

I would have loved more tier 3 battles - even on a loss you'd get more front points than on a win with lower tiers - just less platoon points...

So when I got my platoons to tier 3, I mainly got tier 2 battles with just half the front points I'd had gotten for tier 3 - and usually some tier ones complained about me dragging them into higher tier battles I sisn't even want to be in...

Anyhow - got one improved gunrammer and put it on my deathstar....

Balc0ra #3 Posted 06 August 2019 - 07:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 71585 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
I lacked 300 points to get both. As I had a fair few idle players dragging it down some days. That and MM luck counts too. Getting 10 waves in your tier 1, it was tricky to get points vs 7 waves etc where you got 50 vs 90. And I hardly did see 10 waves when I needed it.

BlackBloodBandit #4 Posted 06 August 2019 - 08:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5930 battles
I got both pieces. I played some battles with random players and that didn't work too well. Later on only played in platoons with good players, which works almost every time. I even managed to have about 4 fuel left after I finished the West side. I expected to only be able to get the vstab, and would have been happy with that. After that I tried to get as much other stuff as possible and even managed to get the 2nd equipment piece as well. I would have felt disappointed if I didn't manage to get the rammer as well, but I don't feel like everyone should easily be able to get everything. You need to do something for it!

Hamsterkicker #5 Posted 07 August 2019 - 08:50 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37476 battles
  • [KWAAK] KWAAK

I obtained the gun rammer and then went for the camo's in the East. Only played randoms, never in platoon. Had about 8 fuel left at the final day, so would have never made it to the stabilizer.

The MM fix did make the grind better though. 

divsmo #6 Posted 07 August 2019 - 08:59 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 35809 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF
Played a mix of randoms and platoons but was away all weekend so only got the improved stab. Still happy enough though as saves me a few thousand bonds.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users